I love haxorus

I really love haxorus,so i want to build a team with it as the core.so here is my team summary.

Haxorus @lum berry
Adamant natured
4 hp/252 atk/252 speed
Mold breaker
Dragon dance
Swords dance
Outrage
Earthquake

I use dual dance,because in the OU metagame,haxorus isn't the fastest so it sometimes need to have a speed boost,outrage is it's main STAB move,earthquake is for the steel types that resist outrage

Bronzong @leftovers
Sassy natured
252 hp/84 atk/80 def/92 sp def
Levitate
Stealth rock
Gyro ball
Toxic
Earthquake

Bronzong is a good stealth rock user because of its great bulk,Gyro ball is its STAB move and can hit quiet hard because of bronzong's quiet slow speed.Toxic is for pokemon that try to setup on bronzong,earthquake is for fire type switch-ins

Heatran @life orb
Calm natured
252 hp/4 sp atk/252 sp def
Flash fire
Lava plume
Roar
Protect
Toxic

I make heatran a special tanker,it dont really need many sp atk investment,because it can get 50% boost from flash fire.roar for phazing,accumulate SR damage.protect is to worn out foe with the burn from lava plume or from toxic.

Latias @Choice specs
Timid natured
4 hp/252 sp atk/252 speed
Levitate
Draco meteor
Dragon pulse
Hidden power fire
Trick

Even without sp def investment,she has 130 base sp def stat which is enough to take on a few attacks.while her draco meteor doesn't hit as hard as latios's,it still will hurt,dragon pulse is if she needed to stay on the field for a long time,HP fire is for the steel types that resist her other attack.trick is for back up if there is a sp tanker that can take on latias's attack so that they cannot use recovery moves.i'm looking at you chansey and blissey...

Scizor @choice band
Adamant natured
248 hp/252 atk/8 sp def
Technician
U-turn
Bullet punch
Superpower
Pursuit

U-turn deals a huge amount of damage and gain momentum,bullet punch is its STAB and priority move,superpower for heatran,magnezone,ferrothorn and such.pursuit is to deal with fleeing psychic types.

Jellicent @water gem
Bold natured
248 hp/216 def/44 speed
Surf
Will-o-wisp
Recover
Taunt

I think this set is self-explanatory(or whatever it is typed hahaha).surf is its main STAB move,95 base power and when boosted with water gem,it will deal massive damage.taunt is for pokemon that can use recovery moves such as blissey,chansey,slowbro,vaporeon and much more.

So let me know what you guys think,please rate it and give suggestions,please use constructive comments/suggestions.thanks

lets see. my personal opinion here, but i'm not much for double dancing. Dragon dance usually gets you what you need, and you can add brick break in to help you deal with floating steels or screen set-up. you have a fairly defensive team here with your dragons doing most of the damage. I would say replace that water gem on jellicent with leftovers, just to give it a bit more life. the water gem boost is a one time only, and jellicent is not doing that much damage to most things anyway. I would go with scald over surf for the burn chance. If you are using choice specs, you may as well go for latios over latias. He has a bit more power, which can help you get some kills you might not. But i suppose its a choice of power of defense.
you could also try a dual screen set on bronzong to help haxorus sweep, but your team is fairly defensive, and I'm not sure how well that would work. If you do that, you'll probably want to put stealth rock on heatran over roar, but that's your choice.
there's probably more, but that's what i note off of the top of my head. good luck!

Agreeing that pictures would be nice, but anyways, on to the rate.
I'd recommend moving stealth rock on to Heatran replacing roar, and then dropping Bronzong for Magnezone instead. Haxorus likes to have steel types gone for when he sweeps teams.
Also, I'd recommend switching Latias to Latios because he is the more powerful of the two twins, and he is capable of doing more damage for a choice specs set.
Sets:
Magnezone@leftovers
Timid
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Charge beam
-HP Fire
36 hp/252 spA/220 spe

Latios@choice specs
Timid
-Draco Meteor
-HP Fire
-Surf
-Trick
4 hp/252 spA/252 spe

Hope this helped and GL with the team!

Haxorus suffers from being 3 or so degrees of speed below par, and arguably functionally worse to several other dragon types as a result. If you're going to use it, it'd be nice to have a reason other than "It's kinda Garchomp-esque", right?
I hate the idea of SD and DD on the same pokemon. I'm actually surprised this doesn't have focus sash, as it's going to be ice beamed out of existence or it's going to be steel-walled until you need to switch it out.

I like your built in resistence to Trick Room, but you've got lots of fire and earth weaknesses in your team. I would almost suggest running Drizzle or Sandstorm to stop opposing weather and buff your steel type's defenses.

I don't see the draw of latios... there are better special attackers out there, and better special walls. It's nice to see a dragon that can take an ice beam, but this isn't going to take too many of them.

Also outside of your 3 dragon attacks (ah, the dragon speed race...) I don't see anything to deal with opposing dragons. A few ice beams or HP Ices would be nice. You do not want Dragonite's multiscale to lose you the game because you let him get off a Roost.

Lol, Jellicent@Water Gem.

SD Lucario destroys your team, specifically those with crunch. ScarfTran> Current set, as it allows you to revenge Lucario as well as Dragonite, who also destroys this team after prior set-up.

Also expand your descriptions before a mod locks this :/

I think the Haxorus Team is ok. There could be too many stell types (I really don't know), but if you're going to run Jellicent, then take worcester's advice and take out the water gem (All the moves are ok). One more thing: It's not such a good idea to have 2 stat boosting moves that boost the same stat. It's either Dragon Dance or Swords Dance. Overall, you're teams actually looking pretty good and I like your idea using Haxorus as your lead pokemon! :D

Replace Life Orb for Lefties on Heatran since you a defensive and your not likely to nab anymore kills. I definitely agree with going with Latios and dumping one Dragon move for a coverage type move. As for Magnezone I believe it would leave you open to Landorus&Rotom-W. To that I would add in a Ferrothorn with T-Wave to help Haxorus with its speed necessity as well as letting it drop a boosting move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)