Crobat (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 232 HP / 56 Def / 76 SDef / 144 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

An attempt to lure steel types so I can run them over with Magnezone. I also see Seed Bomb variants more than Stone Edge variants of Breloom, so I like Crobat's typing to suit the purpose of countering it.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion
- Flash Cannon

Polishes off steel-types so I can go to town with Kingdra/Metagross. Helps against Gengar for two seconds as well.

Flygon (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

For things like Hippowdon and Gliscor, who Magneton can't trap, I don't mind sending something like this out, just to sweat them until I can move Kingdra in safely.

Metagross @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Earthquake

With opposing Skarmory/Forretress hopefully gone, the next best thing to take hits from Metagross are bulky waters. I prefer Explosion over Zen Headbutt for that reason. Clears a bit of air for Flygon/Swampert to operate.

Kingdra (F) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 144 HP / 160 Atk / 40 SDef / 164 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rest

I've been avoiding this set because of Skarmory and company, but it feels easier to set up with Magnezone on the team.

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Stealth Rock. Extra Fire resist that I don't mind getting burned. Teams up with Flygon to counter non-Rotom Electrics. Nothing special.

Simple Magneton + Physical Sweeper set up. I feel Swampert kinda sits there and does nothing, though. I don't like that. D:

Hi Umby, nice team.

I'm worried about set-up sweepers for you, especially if they boost speed. If an opposing Gyarados gets one Dragon Dance you're in trouble, especially if Swampert is weakened. Crobat is your only genuinely fast pokemon (Magnezone is outsped by base 115s), and he has trouble stopping many set-up threats such as Scizor, Lucario, and the aforementioned Gyarados. For these reasons, I recommend you try out a Porygon-Z.

Porygon-Z@Choice Scarf
Timid Nature, 252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
Tri-Attack
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam/Trick
HP Ground/HP Fighting/Thunderbolt

Porygon-Z was hugely overhyped when it first came out. Now however, few teams are fully ready for it because of its rarity. His massive Special Attack stat when coupled with his average Base Speed+ a Choice Scarf lets him wreak havoc on most of the metagame that isn't Blissey, and she's setup bait for Meta and Kingdra. Tri-Attack is his STAB, and is the move you'll be using most of the time. Dark Pulse is necessary to hit opposing Ghosts, but from there your options are a bit more varied. Ice Beam is a great option for nailing Dragons and Gliscor, but Trick can give you some more versatility. The last move depends on what you want to kill. HP Ground handles Heatran and most other Steels, while HP Fighting is great against Tyranitar. Thunderbolt is your best option for bulky waters (except maybe Trick), and your only OHKO on BulkyDos. All in all, Z would give you the bona fide revenge killer/wallbreaker this team sorely needs, giving your physical sweepers a better chance at busting through the enemy team. Use it over Flygon.

I would try to find a slot for Super Fang on Crobat. With it, he becomes a fantastic Wallbreaker.

I actually like Swampert here. He dependably sets up Rocks, has fantastic synergy with Crobat, and is your only pokemon who can actually take some hits. I'd give him another try.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi Umby,

This team is pretty creative, but Gengar, Zapdos, Mixape and other really common threats in DPP have their way with your team a bit too easily. The rotom formes can also be annoying for you to handle, since there isn't really anything you have that can hit it super effective or for a lot of damage. Flygon is really your only check. In DPP, it is really key to centralize around a certain theme, which you have, but I feel that you are trying to get too many sweepers up without enough support. Soemthing that you could do is run a CB Metagross with Meteor Mash | Explosion | Earthquake | Pursuit, which lets you hit Rotom-A for great damage, KO Zapdos with Explosion, and remove Gengar from play, which opens up room for Kingdra (really great choice of setup sweeper by the way) to sweep. An Adamant nature with 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe is sufficient.

If you do choose to make that change, I would suggest making Flygon the standard Scarf set with a Jolly nature to hit Dragon Dancers like Gyarados and Dragonite, who can be played around, but late game when Swampert is weak, it can be hard to fend it off. A moveset of Outrage | Thunderpunch | U-Turn | Earthquake is good for this purpose, as well as lets you scout their Flygon counter, and can help you catch Skarm offguard. Magnezone is now free to run a Substitute set, with 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe, Naive nature and Substitute | HP Fire | Thunderbolt | Explosion, where Explosion hits Blissey.

You said that Swampert feels like dead weight, and I would agree. Celebi would be a great replacement here, since it will allow you to set up Rocks, counter common physical walls like Gliscor / Swampert and shrug off status. The moveset is Stealth Rock | Leaf Storm | Recover | U-turn (HP Fire / Perish Song / Earth Power). With U-turn, you can avoid Scizor's Pursuit and trap it with Magnezone. Other options for the last spot can be used to hit set up sweepers, Scizor/Forretress or Heatran. An EV spread of 232 HP / 100 Def / 140 SpA / 36 Spe with a Modest nature lets you retain that physical bulk, but also mean you hit harder. As a minor nitpick, Super Fang on Crobat (as 2sly4u stated) would be a better option to break wall even more efficiently, I'd use it over Brave Bird here. Hopefully I helped, and good luck!

Stall seems like a problem. Shed Shell Skarmory Spikes all over your team. RestTalk Rotom-A and Gyarados can stall out almost all of your team by themselves. Even with Crobat and Flygon, they can still set up entry hazards pretty easily.
I can see Superachi being a trouble too. Sets up easily, and KOs all of your team with Psychic / Grass Knot / Hidden Power Fire . Magnezone can't kill it after a CM and gets Hidden Power'ed, Swampert gets Grass Knotted, etc.

I would replace Crobat with an Aerodactyl with Taunt / Stealth Rock / Rock Slide / Earthquake. It's really similar to Crobat while also setting up Stealth Rock. Also does a number to stall with Taunt / Earthquake / Rock Slide. This way, you also free up a spot to replace Swampert, who is kinda filler.
You can then use a Heatrap in its place. Heatrap can take out the common Blissey + Gyarados stall core, leaving stall very weakened. He does that by luring them in, trapping them in with Magma Storm, and KO them with HP Electric / Taunt + consecutive Magma Storms or Explosion when weakened. He also beats the afore mentioned Jirachi. The exact set is:

Heatran @ Passho Berry | Flash Fire
Modest | 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spe
Magma Storm / Hidden Power Electric / Taunt / Explosion

I also recommend using Zen Headbutt > Explosion on Metagross, as you are now unable to hurt Rotom-A, Metagross's main counter along with Skarmory. This way you can more easily get a Metagross sweep.

Good luck!

Hello Umby,

As I said told you before this is a very interesting team; the simple strategy set by mag and some sweepers is truly being underestimated lately. Your team can decently fend off both offense and stall teams, but I feel its missing momentum. I'll try to patch up your weaknesses, while giving you more momentum.

I will start off by mentioning your offensive weaknesses, which are the following: Agility Empoleon, Dragon Dance Gyarados, Choice Scarf Flygon, Subtitute Gengar, Choice Scarf Rotom, LO Starmie, and Subtitute Zapdos. Agility Empoleon can set up on Swampert by surviving Earthquake with ~2% and proceed to sweep, on Kingdra without any boosts, and even Crobat if you play Taunt incorrectly. To be honest, it can legitly set up on much, but just behind a sub it can really torture team and open holes for other sweepers. Dragon Dance Gyarados, especially with Taunt, can set up on Flygon, Kingdra, and Swampert. After one Dragon Dance under its belt, you pretty much have to resort to exploding with Metagross, or frantically brave birding with Crobat. Choice Scarf Flygon and Choice Scarf Rotom take advantage of your team by being annoying to switch into, while Substitute Zapdos eventually kills everything. Finally, Substitute Gengar and LO Starmie considerably weakens your team after Crobat is gone, which leads me to the point that your Crobat has too much pressure. If we relieve the pressure off Crobat, while pushing for momentum you will have a better team.

To check Gengar, Rotom, Zapdos, and threaten Gyarados and Flygon. I'm going to recommend changing Swampert for Heatran. A set of Heatran @ Leftovers | Calm Nature | 252 HP / 252 SpD | Stealth Rock / Flamethrower / Will-O-Wisp / Filler. This specially defensive Heatran will be able to check the pokemon I mentioned above, while taking away your opponent's momentum with random Will-O-Wisps. If you catch Flygon, both Metagross and Kingdra will have an easier time sweeping in that scenario. To check Agility Empoleon and LO Starmie, which are now an even bigger issue I suggest using Choice Scarf Flygon. The set is Flygon @ Choice Scarf | Jolly Nature | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe | Outrage / Earthquake / Thunderpunch / U-turn. This will Flygon will further increase your momentum by helping Crobat scout your opponent's team. I really want to take out Dragon Dance Kingdra, but he is the best water-resist, physical sweeper your team can have. As a result, I recommend taking out Metagross to diminish the effect of ground moves on your team. I recommend using Breloom; he provides a key ground resist while contributing a physical power that matches Metagross. The set is Breloom @ Toxic Orb | Adamant Nature | 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe | Spore / Substitute / Focus Punch / Seed Bomb or Stone Edge. If you don't care about bulk feel free to go jolly / max atk / max spe.

On a separate note, if this Breloom suggestion doesn't work out then simply change Kingdra for Mixed Dragonite directly from the site, while keeping Metagross. In this case, use Agility / Meteor Mash or Zen Headbutt / Earthquake / Thunderpunch. I was originally going to suggest this first, but the way waters would wreck you on the switch was a scary thought. If you are up for the risk, then take this one first!

Hope this helps, and good luck BR0!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)