I suck please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my coworkers and I recently started a little tournament. It's friendly and I don't expect everyone to really use competitive strategy, but they are good players and some will be very stiff competition. I think I have a team that can counter the general offensive playing style of everyone but it's got a couple bugs to work out.

Before I go into details however, let me say there are a couple rules of the tournament:

1. No held items (I don't really like this one but whatever)

2. No legendaries

3. The tournament is based off of BW2 so only pokemon obtainable in game or from the dream world.

But anyway here goes, it's a team based on an offensive Metagross, which I hope to bring out late game and finish off a weakened team.

My team:

1. Mamoswine
252 atk, 252 spe, 6 hp
Adamant
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Shard
-Earth Quake
-Superpower

Mamo's goal is basically to get SR up and do as much damage as possible before he's taken out.

2. Jellicent
Unsure of the exact EV spread but it's mostly into HP, def, and spd
Bold
-Surf
-Will'o'wisp
-Recover
-Hex/shadow ball/ice beam

Jellicent is here to take status and give some back while giving a little defense to my team

3. Lucario
Again, not exactly sure of the EV spread but it's heavily invested in atk, sp atk, and speed
Hardy (I know it's not the best nature but it's the best one I could find after hours of catching riolus)
-Close Combat
-Aura sphere/dragon pulse
-Extreme Speed
-Earthquake/dark pulse/???

Lucario, like Jellicent, is here because I already have him trained and roughly EV trained. I think he can serve as a nice revenge killer/wall breaker depending on the situation. I basically just want him to deal as much damage as possible to help clear the way for Metagross.

4. Starmie
252 sp atk/252 spe/6 hp
Timid
-Surf/Hyrdro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin

Basically doing the same job as Lucario but with the nice addition of rapid spin.

5. Ninjask
252 spe/252 hp/6 atk
Jolly
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-Swords Dance/substitute
-X scissor

Here is where it gets a little weird. Instead of doing an agility set with Metagross, I thought I could try baton passing the speed to him from Ninjask, potentially freeing up a fourth moveset for him. If I could manage to get a swords dance in too that would be amazing, but substitute could also work and I was considering giving Metagross hone claws to still boost attack and also help out Meteor Mash. I know this is a risky strategy, especially if starmie can't clear out the stealth rock, but I don't think anyone in my group would expect it and it could work out really well for me.

6. Metagross
252 atk/252 spe/6 hp
Adamant
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Hone claws/EarthQuake/IcePunch/ThunderPunch
-Hone claws/EarthQuake/IcePunch/ThunderPunch

Passing a sub from Ninjask and letting Metagross set up hone claws would be the safer option here but passing a swords dance as well as speed boosts would give Metagross a 4th move plus the freedom to just start rolling with attacks. Either way I think it will take people by surprise and work out well for me, but I need help!

Any comments/suggestions/help in any way is much appreciated!!

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
this thread is breaking multiple RMT rules. Please read the rules before posting. PM me and updated version of your thread and I'll unlock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)