I use the ninja bug...and its awesome.

This is my first GOOD team in the 5th gen and it is fun to use. It is extremely balanced focused on Tyranitar. Tyranitar is generally on offensive teams with a scarf, or DD set. Mine is a max Hp, sp.def set that uses Dragon Dance in tandem with Dual Screen Jirachi. This team is VERY well rounded, with few counters imo. Without further ado here is my team building process:

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

1. I wanted to obviously use a Tyranitar that could easily take Special Def. hits very well. I like Tyranitar because it can dish out a ton of damage and take a ton of abuse. Obviously, with 404 hp and 315 sp. Def (with careful nature) it can take some abuse. Coupled with DD and an assortment of moves, it doesn't hit hard like other T-Tars, but it can take a LOT more abuse from Lati@s where surf does like 92 damage after a Sandstream boost and a Light screen.

2. Jirachi is very, very good when paired with Tyranitar. I got the idea of dual-screen jirachi + tyranitar from Blametruth even though i tweaked it quite a bit. Generally Jirachi can take a lot of abuse because of its Steel typing and it has access to screens so it naturally can absorb damage while mitigating damage for other pokemon. It can use reflect to decrease the damage done on both spectrum and heal at the same time with Wish. lets not forget flinch haxs which is pretty damn fun. (plus its INSANELY cute)

3. Thirdly, I have to switch pretty often so I needed a special defense sponge with access to a reliable healing move which Starmie has. It also can take damage relatively well and has good special attack...well its okay. But it can still dish damage, and it has scald. It can burn pokemon which is freaking awesome for a water move. Physical sweepers hate burn, and that is awesome. Plus it gets thunderbolt so im not walled by other waters. It also has rapid spin which is essential because i will switch pretty often. It also takes fire attacks and statuses well due to natural cure, so it is a good partner to Jirachi for my core. The only problem is also a Scizor because of Pursuit...

4. I also need a spiker/stealth rock that is SUPER fast because my team is pretty slow and i need the spikes. I like the ninja bug or Accelgor because of its OUTRAGEOUS speed and decent special attack. It has 145 base speed paired with a timid nature, hits 415 outspeeding every spiker except Deoxys-S (which shud not be in OU). Plus it can take out a lot of leads since it is faster. It is also frail which is kinda a bad trade-off, but if i save it, its good death fodder. (plus it looks like a ninja which is like OD SWAG)

5. Then i realized that i have a physical sweeper, and i also need a special sweeper. I went with Thundurus because first it looks pretty cool (better than its ground counterpart which looks very bad...cough * tentacle* cough). Second, it has Prankster and Taunt so I automatically break down EVERY single stall in the game. Third its thunder/flying so it is immune to EQ which i desperately need as 3 of my pokes are weak to ground (although, jirachi can take EQ's like a monster). Fourth, it has an amazing special movepool imo. Although standard fare is HP Ice, Focus Blast, and Tbolt.

6. Finally i need a Revenge killer and money goes to...Terrakion because he is the fighting type i need to take out dark types like fudgin' Hydreigon. Terrakion is an all-around beast he is fast with 108 speed, and has like a high attack. Even though it looks butt-ugly (unlike its cousin Virizion who looks pretty cool to me), it has all the right moves in all the right places...as well as stats. It is one of the best, but ugliest pokes out in the 5th gen and my it is awesome.

THE TEAM

The Lead

Ninja Bug (Accelgor) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Bug Buzz

EV Spread/Ability/Item:
The EV's are meant for maximum damage and speed despite him being a lead. It is fast reaching 415 speed although HP Ice lowers its speed. This doesn't really matter because it is the 2nd fastest spiker in OU behind Deoxys-S (who shudnt be in OU in the first place). 252 Sp. Atk puts it at 299 Sp. Atk which for the most part is pretty decent based off its 100 base Sp. Atk. 4 Hp is because where else should i relocate it. Ability which is Sticky Hold is so that trick is void. I can't lose my item. So when a Scarfed Jirachi tries to take my item, it will be stuck on Trick and i will get up at least 2 layers of spikes. Item is self-explanatory...its a focus sash.

Moveset:
Spikes is for the obvious reason because entry hazards make the difference between 2hkos and 1hkos. 3 layers of spikes are ideal, but it generally doesn't happen. 2 layers is good enough imo because it will deal some damage around SR. Correct me if im wrong. Anyways, Focus Blast is to deal with Mamoswines, Ferrothorns, etc. Bug Buzz is just a stab move that is passable and the only one i get besides U-Turn. Thirdly is HP Ice which is good because of the D-nite anti-leads. But i don't usually win against them so i just get up 1 layer of spikes.

Nickname: Its a ninja bug. What did you expect?

Against Other Leads:
1. Azelf: I dont see these EVER nowadays. but if i do, i always go for the Bug Buzz because i will always be faster than it. It will either Fire blast or Sr. Either way, i get up 1 layer of spikes since Bug buzz will bring take away its sash, then a second one will kill it. Even if it does Fire Blast, i might get up one layer of spikes depending who they bring in.
2. Hippodown: Spikes, spikes, spikes. Then i bring in Thundurus to taunt it and go 2 town on it with HP Ice. But generally, Accelgor isnt strong enough to kill it.
3. Fake-out leads: I switch to Jirachi and just wall them. Jirachi sets up reflects, light screens and comes in T-Tar for the sweep.
4. D-nite: IM SCREWED, i cant dent this thing cuz of multiscale.
5. Machamp: Fudge, this thing packs a punch, but i can get one layer of spikes up. Dynamic Punch + BP = a smushed ninja bug. Tight lyfe indeed.

The Defensive Core of my Team:

The Steel Baby...or w.e they call it:

Happy Tummy (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Wish
- Iron Head

EV Spread/Abilities/Item:
This pokemon is delightful defensively. One it has 100/100/100 defenses, which is pretty awesome. Secondly, its steel type so then it has a ton of useful resistances. Thirdly, it has Serene Grace plus Iron Head plus stab is like 120 Base Power attack just flinching you. The EV Spread is made for optimal defensive capabilities with 252 hp bringing it to 404 hp and a 252 invested into defense with a impish nature brings it to a whopping 328 defense. Ability is Serene Grace which doubles flinching which means that 40% of the time the enemy pokemon will flinch is awesome. Item is Leftovers which once again is self-explanatory.

Moveset:
Tyranitar is the star of this team, but it also has a lot of weaknesses that need to be accounted for. So Reflect and Light Screen mitigate alot of damage that Tyranitar can take. Further more, Reflect and Light Screen effectively helps Jirachi's own defensive capabilities. Wish is a good healing move on both itself and pokemon switching in. Often switching in after both screens are up either Thundurus or T-Tar so that the latter can set up DD's uncontested or the former using sweeping. Iron Head is to flinch and make ppl rage.

Nickname: Jirachi's stomach has a smile on it. 'Nuff said.

Spongebob's bestfriend...

(in case u didnt know, im talkin bout starmie)
Patrick Star (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 168 HP / 116 Def / 224 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald
- Thunderbolt

EV Spread/ Ability/ Item:
This is a pretty unorthodox EV spread that im trying that doesn't really emphasis either defenses, but rather boast that it can do take hits. With a Sp.Def boosting nature, it has less Sp. Def than T-Tar, but also more Def than it. I also use Scald as a means to deal STAB damage as well as it might burn the enemy. Sure Surf has 5 more damage, but that doesn't really matter when the opponent's Gyarados or w.e is burned. Thunderbolt is just for pokemon who try to switch into Starmie for the free water absorb. Although it won't kill all of them, it'll soften them up NICELY. Ability is Natural Cure which i didnt know that i didnt have it on since the default ability is Illuminate which is pretty whack since Illuminate is useless. Item is Leftovers because it recovers health, and takes away Sandstorm damage.

Moveset:
Rapid Spin is a GREAT move for my team because I like to switch around alot which a certain player named Zeropass called me a "(BAN ME PLEASE)" for. Plus he used "(BAN ME PLEASE)" in a completely wrong context: 1. Im a straight guy. 2. Im not a cigarrete and 3rd: im not a bundle of sticks. However, I digress and the point of Starmie is to take away all that trashy stealth rocks and spikes so then my precious T-Tar wont take damage when he comes in. Recover is so Starmie can heal off damage that it might've received after taking a beating. Scald is to burn pokemon while dealing STAB damage. Thunderbolt is to soften up Water Pokemon i might have otherwise had trouble dealing with like Vapereon or Suicine. Thunderbolt wont outright kill them, but deal a nice amount of damage for Thundurus to clean them up.

Nickname: If you dont get the nickname, you are a sad person.

The Offensive Core of my team:

The Flying... (wat the hell is it?)

GO THUNDURUS (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

The EV's are very common for a special sweeper and with a 125/111 stat. It hits hard and fast. Although it is pretty frail with only 79/70/80, it is still passable. Thus a 4 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd is very essential. 125 Sp.Atk brings it to 349 sp. Atk with a LO boost which means that it better be a pretty sp. Defensive pokemon, or its dead. Prankster is a good ability since my Taunt always goes first on those Special Walls thinking that they have a decent chance of paralyzing me, or poisoning me or w.e, they won't, and they are basically sitting ducks. Item is Life Orb for maximum damage output.

Moveset:
I used to run Nasty Plot, but I realized that nothing would switch out when I brought this in, not even Jellicent would switch out. So instead of getting a free NP, i would die. So now I started running Taunt of this set since I can stop D-nite, Salamence, or Gyarados dead in its track when it wants to DD. Next is the STAB T-bolt which is amazing dishing out i think 185.25 BP after LO boost and STAB. Focus Blast are for Steel types like Ferrothorn thinking I run NP when I really run Taunt. Focus Blast 2hkos them. HP ice for dragons because I outspeed all of them...and that is magnificent.

Nickname: I didnt have one, so i just put GO and Thundurus all in caps.

The BAMF of my team:

GET RAPED! (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SDef / 52 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Crunch
- Rock Slide

EV Spread/Ability/Item:
Well EV spread is achieved good for HP and Sp. Def. I didnt want to invest EVERYTHING into HP and Sp.Def, but also add a healthy amount into both Atk and Spd. Although it the speed/attack investment isnt a whole lot, it does add that little extra kick. With a Sp. Def of 315 without the sand, it reaches 472.5 in the sand which can take a whooping beating. 52 speed is so that i am not super slow. I thought bout putting all of it into attack but i thought 135 base attack hits pretty damn hard in itself.
Damage Calcs:
Assuming Sand Storm and Light Screen:
252 Timid Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 252/204 Careful Leftovers Tyranitar +1 : 22.3% - 26.7%
252 Timid Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252/204 Careful Leftovers Tyranitar +1 : 28.5% - 33.7%
204 Timid Life Orb Latias Grass Knot vs. 252/204 Careful Leftovers Tyranitar +1 : 24.3% - 28.7%

252 Timid Leftovers Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252/204 Careful Leftovers Tyranitar +1 : 44.6% - 52.5%

The ability Sandstream is the crux of this pokemon and without it, it would get wrecked by every special attack move. I have to use the 1.5X boost to my advantage along with some special defensive boosts so then I'm not a sitting duck for Lati@s, Gengar, and a bunch other to force me to switch or something. Plus Gengar switches in THINKING that Focus Blast will kill me, so...sucks 2 be Gengar.

Moveset:
Dragon Dance is the best part of this set because after two DD's I get around 330 base speed. It isn't the fastest T-Tar can reach, but hey, T-tar might be slower, but it can sure take a hell of a lot hits than a standard DD T-tar. With Light Screen up, I can easily get up two DD's because most players thinks that Lati@s or w.e special attacker can take this beast down in 3 hits. Next is Crunch a might fine reliable stab attack that might lower the Defense by 1. Next is Fire Punch because I hate Scizor's that i know will switch in Forretress who i set up on like how weird fire burns the Californian forest. Also Fire Punch is a better alternative to Superpower imo because Superpower lowers my attack stats which I DO NOT want under any circumstances. Rock Slide is weaker than Stone Edge, but it doesn't miss as much which helps me a bunch. On those critical KO's i need, Rock Slide is a lot more effective than Stone Edge.

Nickname: Cuz of T-tar sets up, you're gonna GET RAPED.

VENGEANCE!

Fast n Fugly (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

EV's are standard for a physical revenge killer. 252 in Speed brings it 346 with a jolly nature. Fast, fast, fast. Plus it has 129 Base Attack which is devastating when attacking. The ability is Justified which raises attack when hit by Dark Attacks which is kinda cool, i think... The Item is once again self-explanatory for a revenge killer.

Moveset:
Close Combat is the best move in the game IMO and it is the best looking. It comes off with an 180 base attack and off of Terrakion's 357 attack stat. It is also crucial for taking out Ice Types which i have trouble with and Dark types which i have trouble with (not really). EQ is a great cover to Close Combat and Stone Edge rounds it out. X-Scissor is just a good move to counter those pesky psychic types that.

Nickname: its an ugly pokemon, but its fast. Thus Fast n Fugly.

Please include any suggestion. Thnks guys! Damn this took alot of writing time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)