I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Good (A Major Hax OU RMT)

Hey guys! I've been using this team to great success (just passed 1500 and still going) but I was reluctant to post this team since whenever I do, they tend to stop working. However, this team is just far too much fun to not share.

Enjoy!

Team at a glance:

As you can see, I pull no punches in abusing hax, the only Serene Grace abusers I am missing are Blissey, who is too defensive, and Dunsparce who is just not practical. However, I don't just use hax alone, I use a primarily bulky offense to make sure I don't just die before my opponent quits or swears at me. The defensive type coverage is very strong except for a small Dark hole and only one Steel type. Still, with immunities to 6 types and no more than 2 Pokemon weak to any single type, I have no issues switching in. Now, onto the team!

Team in depth:

@ Lum Berry
Serene Grace
Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Spe

Move Set:
Iron Head
Body Slam
Stealth Rock
U-Turn

Comment:
A very strong lead overall. With the common Trick-Scarf Jirachi being all the rage, this version is hard to predict and very annoying in it's own right. No one will Trick Jirachi, assuming it has a Scarf, and few will Taunt Jirachi for the same reason. Therefore, against anything fast, I Body Slam, go for hax, and proceed to Flinch them to death so all they do is get up Rocks and I am left with a fully healthy team. Against slow leads I can hit with Iron Head, I do that and against Infernape, Swampert, Heatran, Metagross, etc, I U-Turn to another member. The EVs are used since without Trick, I can't get Leftovers to help recover HP so I need all the bulk I can get and the speed makes the illusion of a scarf easy to perpetuate. The Lum Berry helps against status leads, particularly Scarf-Smeargle and also keeps the illusion of a scarf later in a match and lets me absorb status if it's still around. A great lead and definite powerhouse throughout the whole match.

@ Leftovers
Levitate
Timid
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpA

Move Set:
Dragon Pulse
Substitute
Roar
Thunder Wave

Comment:
I bet most of you are extremely confused and questioning my motives. Allow me to explain. Latias is a very diverse threat that can force a lot of switches until you know it's set and she has a very set group of counters. If Rocks aren't up (such as the U-Turn I alluded to earlier with Jirachi), Latias will undoubtedly force a switch and reveal their counter, aka Scizor or Tyranitar. This lets me Sub on the switch to scout their pokemon. From their, I can switch to something else, like Machamp, and avoid a nasty Pursuit, or I can paralyze them and make a play accordingly. A lot of the time, Latias will get trapped and be mostly fodder for a Pursuit happy individual but crippling them is very important and I can escape with some hax or just do like 30% or so from Dragon Pulsing as they kill me. Now, that's the worst case scenario, against an opponent without these two pokemon, Latias is a huge pain. Spreading paralysis, scouting my opponent, staying behind a bulky, status immune sub and dealing decent damage against a lot of things is why I have Latias here. The only other pokemon who has the same ability is Gyarados (as far as I know) but Latias has the natural speed my team lacks, allowing her to be a soft-counter to Salamence and other unboosted dragons. Finally, she can take unboosted Dragon Pulses from enemy Latias and Paralyze, allowing me to win, or letting my team finish her. She is almost irreplaceable, trust me.

@ Leftovers
Volt Absorb
Calm
EVs: 40 HP/ 216 Def/ 252 SpD

Move Set:
Thunder Wave
Confuse Ray
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Comment:
Real men use Lanturn, while comical, is accurate. This thing is an unholy hax beast! He can annoy opponents to no end, absorb their attempts to counter hax (to a degree) and just be a major pain. Lanturn has insane typing, resisting boltbeam and Bullet Punch (4x!) which, with his good bulk, makes him a core member of my team. Now, he is a bit prediction reliant as early in the game, I don't want an errant Thunder Wave to hit the wrong pokemon (Electivire particularly) which is why the scouting Latias provides can be critical. Generally, I lead with Confuse Ray the first time to reveal their counter and semi-cripple it. From there, I can Thunder Wave if they can be hit by it while being protected by hax and natural bulk, use Ice Beam if they are weak to it, or switch to an appropriate counter. Lanturn is great to switch into Choiced Jirachi and Scizor stuck on steel moves and cripple them severely. Outside of ground attacks, Lanturn is very hard to take down without spreading delicious hax. I wish I could fit Surf on here as the coverage would be stellar but he's doing great the way he is.

@ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Spe/ 252 SpA

Move Set:
Air Slash
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
HP Grass

Comment:
He's not as haxy as he could be but I realized after initial testing that this team is pretty damn slow when I can't get my hax on and Rotom was a natural at using a Scarf so on it went. Rotom is a great choice to U-Turn into from Jirachi against Metagross. Most people don't even realize he is Scarfed if I do this, letting me do some quality damage. He's my back up if I don't spread enough paralysis and he counters some of the faster threats out there who lack a scarf of their own. Max speed is to tie other Rotom-Scarfs giving me a chance at least of winning. HP Grass is for bulky grounds (Swampert) who can give this team TONS of trouble due to Thunder Wave immunity and the ability to smack Jirachi around. He can also do great damage against Gyarados and Kingdra after a DD. Finally, he can murder Breloom who is a major pain if left alive, and can sometimes hax out a win against a paralyzed foe. He is very important to my team and pretty irreplaceable.

@ Leftovers
Adamant
No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spe

Move Set:
Dynamic Punch
Payback
Rest
Sleep Talk

Comment:
Originally a Sub-Bulk Up user which worked decently but just didn't hold up against sand storm teams which hurt my team a lot. With Rest-Talk he is a major pain to take down, allowing me to be a bit reckless in my prediction go for the kill. Usually, I Payback on my initial switch in, crippling/killing would-be Ghost switches. With them out of the way, I am free to reign confusing punches on my opponent, even while sleeping, and wreck havoc. He is a perfect switch in to the Pursuit users after Latias is dead letting him get his harass on early. As my main damage dealer, status absorber and "anchor" of my team, he can not be replaced. Period.

@ Lum Berry
Serene Grace
Modest
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Spe/ 252 SpA

Move Set:
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Nasty Plot
Roost

Comment:
A true terror once my opponent is mostly paralyzed. Using the above EVs is ok thanks to the paralysis support and adds a massive kick, especially after a Nasty Plot boost. He primary allure is being able to screw Blissey if I boost on the switch and boost again as her status attempt is deflected then going crazy with Air Slash and Aura Sphere, sealing her fate. Other than Machamp, Togekiss is my only "sure" bet to beat her as without either, I need some big hax from Jirachi or I am in huge trouble (only Lanturn can FEASIBLY win, and he has before). Basically, Togekiss is my finisher, crushing teams left and right after she has been set up with enough paralysis. No self-respecting hax team would lack Togekiss and mine has brutal power.

Overall Comment:
You probably hate the idea of this team, or at least facing it but trust me it is loads of fun and very effective. Hax can let you win a game you have no business winning against a team that counters yours so well, so why not exploit this and win the games you should win and a lot of the games you shouldn't?

However, it's not all sunshine and rainbows. Ground types can give this team headaches, especially Swampert and defensive Gliscor. SubTran is also a massive pain, mostly because my team is so slow and relies on status to stop the opponent. Other Sub users can be tricky but Heatran more so as he is so hard to switch into. Also, sand storm is a big problem. Only one pokemon is immune to it, and even then Jirachi doesn't have Leftovers to recover HP and Togekiss can't break even. Also, sand storm teams usually have an abundance of ground types which, as I said, are a big pain. I can still hax out a victory but it's hard. Celebi or Breloom are major considerations to help with this but it is very hard to find room for them.

Still, this is the best and most fun team I've made to date so I look forward to thoughts and comments.

Cheers!

Seems like a solid team to me, but latias's ev's exceed the limit. And i would give Togekiss a t-wave so it has more control of the match

update: lmao i just used this team and won numerous consecutive wins and was cursed out by more than half of the people i fought xD

Hate the team and Love it at the same time =P

Never face me. please

Your team seems good, if you have trouble with sub users you could give machamp encore to screw up sub users. if that doesn't fit your bill clefable could help your team.
(semi-joking) if you really want hax you can put a kings rock on some one(mostly joking)

Seems like a solid team to me, but latias's ev's exceed the limit. And i would give Togekiss a t-wave so it has more control of the match

update: lmao i just used this team and won numerous consecutive wins and was cursed out by more than half of the people i fought xD

Hate the team and Love it at the same time =P
Good catch, I meant 4 SpA EVs.

If I give Togekiss T-wave what do you suggest I replace? I need at least one stat boost to crack some skulls and roost is essential to staying alive.

Edit: Re-Update: Haha! It is great fun isn't it :P

Never face me. please

Your team seems good, if you have trouble with sub users you could give machamp encore to screw up sub users. if that doesn't fit your bill clefable could help your team.
Ok, I'll try and not end up facing you haha. Encore is an interesting option. How do you think I could fit it onto a set? Perhaps the Anti-Lead set in non-lead position?

Thanks for the comment so far! Keep em coming!

If I give Togekiss T-wave what do you suggest I replace? I need at least one stat boost to crack some skulls and roost is essential to staying alive.

Edit: Re-Update: Haha! It is great fun isn't it :P

Ok, I'll try and not end up facing you haha. Encore is an interesting option. How do you think I could fit it onto a set? Perhaps the Anti-Lead set in non-lead position?

Thanks for the comment so far! Keep em coming!
from what i experienced so far, togekiss was often roared/whirlwinded out after nasty plot so that rendered the stat boost useless. i mean his default moves u set are ok, but for people who are extra cautious like me can go with t-wave, lol. i dont show no mercy with the hax, especially with a hax team like this, hehe

I don't think you should give it Thunder Wave; that would put you at an even more of a disadvantage against Ground-types IMO. If you really feel haxy, you could give Togekiss Ominous Wind (joking).

You could replace resttalk with encore and a coverage move like this
~ DynamicPunch
~ Payback
~ Encore
~ Stone Edge / Ice Punch / Other good move

If you want to put a Clefable on your team this is a good set
~T-Wave
~Encore
~Wish or Softboiled
~ Attack or status move

sorry about the big print

Dunsparce isn't that bad, in a team I ran he beat the majority of Latias one on one. He's surprisingly bulky too.
Haha, I did a preliminary hax team way back when I was just screwing around with Dunsparce. He got 2 Ancient Power boosts in a row and slaughtered all who opposed.

I still maintain he needs Sacred Fire hahaha.

Also, I like Clefable a lot, who do you think could be replaced?

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
ah okay, this is a pretty nice team! doesnt have any truly huge weaknesses, but i definitely see some things we could fix. what im going to do here is look at what your team is trying to do (paralyze the opponent, then sweep them with a flinching pokemon or machamp) and see how you do this better.

i see quite a few issues with wasting evs! jirachi and togekiss, are wasting evs horribly. i'm going to start off with jirachi's ev spread. you really depend on him to take draco meteors and outrages, him being your only steel type. no recovery or wish also really hurts him. now, there are two options for a defensive jirachi. physically defensive or specially defensive. now, i really see you having more trouble taking an outrage than a draco meteor - togekiss, while SR weak, has a very nice special defense, and lanturn does as well. physically defensive jirachi takes a lot of attacks, and can paralyze back (semi reliably) with body slam. frail sweepers are para flinched to death, and bulky pokemon are u-turned out of into something that can scare them off. the evs given are to take a +1 life orb outrage from a salamence and not be 2hkoed. choice band tyranitar cant 2hko with his crunch, doing 49% average with a cb crunch. pretty damn impressive if i do say so myself! the speed outspeeds jolly tyranitar, only used to prevent jolly ddtar from dding up in most cases, but useful still. the leftover evs are placed in special defense as to take the odd draco meteor, weaker surf, thunderbolt, etc better. my personal suggestion is

jirachi @ leftovers
evs: 240 hp / 160 def / 32 spe / 76 spdef
nature: impish

~ body slam
~ iron head
~ u-turn
~ stealth rock

augh, togekiss! i really dislike it, just because it is weak to stealth rock, and honestly doesn't perform very well. now, since this is a hax team and i gotta stick to what you are doing, and how you can do it better, i see a way you can utilize togekiss to your advantage. in short, the answer is lucario. you're probably thinking "how in hell does togekiss make a lucario sweep any easier". notice what people generally use to beat a lucario. gliscor, rotom-a, zapdos, gyarados, salamence. now notice how lucario has a lot of the same pokemon on the list! togekiss lures out a lot of those, paralyzes them and flinches them either to death, or until they cannot effecively counter a lucario. you should consider a specially defensive togekiss, to more effectively take on these pokemon.

togekiss @ leftovers
252 hp / 252 spdef / 4 satk | calm

~ air slash
~ roost
~ thunder wave
~ nasty plot

evs pretty much guarantee you won't be ohko'd by a special attack-timid scarftran's fire blast will only 2hko you .07% of the time with stealth rock down, and life orb gengar manages a meager 50% with thunderbolt. also allows stalling of zapdos and rotom-a with thunder wave + roost. now, the question is where to put lucario? the first, obvious answer is to put it over machamp, but machamp gives this team extra bulk, and also helps in destroying stall. no, i believe we should put lucario over rotom. rotom really doesnt contribute much to this team, except a 30% flinch rate with air slash. you obviously gain some things and lose some things by replacing your rotom for a lucario. the first thing you gain is that lucario can does something no one else on your team can, which is provide instant offense. life orb close combats, even unboosted, hurt like a bitch. most of your team either cant hit very hard, or needs a boost to hit hard. lucario remedies this. what you're going to lose is speed. rotom provided you with some nice speed and revenge killing capabilities. my previous suggestions help you cover a lot of threats once they're set up, but some things need to be revenge killed. lucario's extremespeed is nice, but i highly suggest you watch out for stat boosters.

lucario @ life orb
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 def | adamant

~ swords dance
~ close combat
~ crunch
~ extremespeed

lastly, your latias is wholly outclassed by blissey. not only does she take status for your team, she also spreads around the paralysis and passes very important wishes to your jirachi and your lanturn, allowing them to annoy / wall stuff a lot more efficiently. she takes so many attacks better than latias, and is quite good when paired with a physical tank such as jirachi. jirachi also loves the paralysis blissey brings. she also brings a nice subrotom check to the table. the choice between flamethrower and ice beam is a hard one. flamethrower catches cocky lucarios and scizors on the switch, or if they decide to swords dance in your face. ice beam nails flygons and salamence who think they wall you and decide to attempt to kill / set up on you. it's your choice. again, you gain and you lose some things by bringing a blissey to the table. i already covered the things you gained, tanking special hits amazingly, etc, but you are going to lose some things. the first is the ability to take on salamence easier. latias checked mixmence quite well, forcing him to take sr damage as he switched out, but blissey can take the dm from a new mixmence, and go to jirachi who will paralyze it. old mix is handled by the same manner, except jirachi takes a -2 fire blast. overall, the pros outweigh the cons.

blissey @ leftovers
252 def / 252 spdef | bold

~ flamethrower / ice beam
~ thunder wave
~ wish
~ protect

i hope i helped, and gl with your team!!

ah okay, this is a pretty nice team! doesnt have any truly huge weaknesses, but i definitely see some things we could fix. what im going to do here is look at what your team is trying to do (paralyze the opponent, then sweep them with a flinching pokemon or machamp) and see how you do this better.

i see quite a few issues with wasting evs! jirachi and togekiss, are wasting evs horribly. i'm going to start off with jirachi's ev spread. you really depend on him to take draco meteors and outrages, him being your only steel type. no recovery or wish also really hurts him. now, there are two options for a defensive jirachi. physically defensive or specially defensive. now, i really see you having more trouble taking an outrage than a draco meteor - togekiss, while SR weak, has a very nice special defense, and lanturn does as well. physically defensive jirachi takes a lot of attacks, and can paralyze back (semi reliably) with body slam. frail sweepers are para flinched to death, and bulky pokemon are u-turned out of into something that can scare them off. the evs given are to take a +1 life orb outrage from a salamence and not be 2hkoed. choice band tyranitar cant 2hko with his crunch, doing 49% average with a cb crunch. pretty damn impressive if i do say so myself! the speed outspeeds jolly tyranitar, only used to prevent jolly ddtar from dding up in most cases, but useful still. the leftover evs are placed in special defense as to take the odd draco meteor, weaker surf, thunderbolt, etc better. my personal suggestion is

jirachi @ leftovers
evs: 240 hp / 160 def / 32 spe / 76 spdef
nature: impish

~ body slam
~ iron head
~ u-turn
~ stealth rock

augh, togekiss! i really dislike it, just because it is weak to stealth rock, and honestly doesn't perform very well. now, since this is a hax team and i gotta stick to what you are doing, and how you can do it better, i see a way you can utilize togekiss to your advantage. in short, the answer is lucario. you're probably thinking "how in hell does togekiss make a lucario sweep any easier". notice what people generally use to beat a lucario. gliscor, rotom-a, zapdos, gyarados, salamence. now notice how lucario has a lot of the same pokemon on the list! togekiss lures out a lot of those, paralyzes them and flinches them either to death, or until they cannot effecively counter a lucario. you should consider a specially defensive togekiss, to more effectively take on these pokemon.

togekiss @ leftovers
252 hp / 252 spdef / 4 satk | calm

~ air slash
~ roost
~ thunder wave
~ nasty plot

evs pretty much guarantee you won't be ohko'd by a special attack-timid scarftran's fire blast will only 2hko you .07% of the time with stealth rock down, and life orb gengar manages a meager 50% with thunderbolt. also allows stalling of zapdos and rotom-a with thunder wave + roost. now, the question is where to put lucario? the first, obvious answer is to put it over machamp, but machamp gives this team extra bulk, and also helps in destroying stall. no, i believe we should put lucario over rotom. rotom really doesnt contribute much to this team, except a 30% flinch rate with air slash. you obviously gain some things and lose some things by replacing your rotom for a lucario. the first thing you gain is that lucario can does something no one else on your team can, which is provide instant offense. life orb close combats, even unboosted, hurt like a bitch. most of your team either cant hit very hard, or needs a boost to hit hard. lucario remedies this. what you're going to lose is speed. rotom provided you with some nice speed and revenge killing capabilities. my previous suggestions help you cover a lot of threats once they're set up, but some things need to be revenge killed. lucario's extremespeed is nice, but i highly suggest you watch out for stat boosters.

lucario @ life orb
252 atk / 252 spe / 4 def | adamant

~ swords dance
~ close combat
~ crunch
~ extremespeed

lastly, your latias is wholly outclassed by blissey. not only does she take status for your team, she also spreads around the paralysis and passes very important wishes to your jirachi and your lanturn, allowing them to annoy / wall stuff a lot more efficiently. she takes so many attacks better than latias, and is quite good when paired with a physical tank such as jirachi. jirachi also loves the paralysis blissey brings. she also brings a nice subrotom check to the table. the choice between flamethrower and ice beam is a hard one. flamethrower catches cocky lucarios and scizors on the switch, or if they decide to swords dance in your face. ice beam nails flygons and salamence who think they wall you and decide to attempt to kill / set up on you. it's your choice. again, you gain and you lose some things by bringing a blissey to the table. i already covered the things you gained, tanking special hits amazingly, etc, but you are going to lose some things. the first is the ability to take on salamence easier. latias checked mixmence quite well, forcing him to take sr damage as he switched out, but blissey can take the dm from a new mixmence, and go to jirachi who will paralyze it. old mix is handled by the same manner, except jirachi takes a -2 fire blast. overall, the pros outweigh the cons.

blissey @ leftovers
252 def / 252 spdef | bold

~ flamethrower / ice beam
~ thunder wave
~ wish
~ protect

i hope i helped, and gl with your team!!
I tried your changes and destroyed a Trick Room team like it was nothing. Now, the only glaring problem that arises is the huge Fighting type hole. Nothing resists Fighting anymore and I have 2 weaknesses to it.

I am liking the bulkier Jirachi and Togekiss though, they are very, very tough together.

Perhaps going back to Bulk-Up Machamp and changing Lucario for standard Flinch Rotom-S could work, simply for defensive typing purposes?

I am also thinking of using Body Slam on Togekiss for ground type paralysis? Or maybe fit Substitute on there to truly set up on Blissey (with high Special Defense, Air Slash, Nasty Plot, Roost, Substitute).

Very good ideas to consider none the less.

I appreciate all the help guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)