I'm going to play Megaten Online and so should you

Alright guys, you might have heard of me talking about it on the channel. Megaten Online is an amazing MMO based on Shin Megami Tensei games (Those who have played Persona will have no problem adapting, it's basically post-apocalyptic grimdark Persona) with two very major setbacks: it has no PvP and it is in Japanese.

Well, no longer.

http://kotaku.com/5048368/shin-megami-tensei-mmo-hitting-north-america-and-europe

The game itself explores the time gap between the first and second Shin Megami Tensei games, where most of Japan is destroyed by a massive spoiler I won't reveal. You take up the role of a summoner and protect humanity from the roaming devils. The game utilizes private dungeons, so macroing is minimal and usually only used for building up skills. Grinding is not necessary unless you want to - getting to about level 40 will allow you to explore most of the game (Save the high-level Gold dungeons, two of which exist at the moment) especially with a party.

Devil fusion and taming, trademark of the SMT and Persona series, is of course also present. Combination attacks (Like Persona 3's Cadenza and Armageddon) have been also recently added.

I don't know if those who are currently playing the Japanese version will switch over to English, but playing a MMO with fellow Smogonauts (again!) is pretty fun, so is anyone up for it? I'll also answer any questions, and, if it comes to that, help out with character/devil building.

[Edit:] Oh yeah, it's also free. You can get items and clothing and whatnot for money, but hopefully I'm the only crazy dress-up fetishist around here.

Hmm Alper, I don't know whether to trust you since the last MMO you recommended (Mabinogi) wasn't so great and my brother also happened to get addicted to it.

Actually I won't be playing this game - I have a few important exams coming up and I'm also decently entrenched in Runescape (don't hurt me) to start a new MMO, but I will at least take a look and maybe try it out in the holidays.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
despite new WoW coming out this looks intresting and will at least try it out (despite how boring it looked on youtube videos), jack frost and pyro jack are just too hard to resist.

I want to try it at least a bit. I never even played Persona but this seems interesting enough and I'm bored so whatever.

Is this a closed beta? In other words am I currently able to play or do I have to wait for the open beta. I have made an account but there doesn't seem to be an option for me to play right now.

EDIT: Alright it seems as if anyone can play, downloading client.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)