I'm gunna punch you in the Ovaries

If you don't rate this team

This is an OU team. It is not fully offensive. It is not stall. It is a normal team designed to cover its own weaknessess.
The main idea for this team is to let Dragonite sweep, now, to the team.

At A Glance

In Depth

Me R Angy (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Gyarados lead is a beast. His aim isn't to get SR up. Or to trick a scarf. He sweeps. Normally DD up first turn, then use one of the three attacking move to, well, attack. Waterfall is a powerful STAB, with decent enough coverage. Stone Edge hits Zapdos and other Gyara's. While Earthquake helps hit slower electrics, and general coverage. EVs optimise his sweeping potential, while Leftovers lets him stay alive for longer.

Electric goes to Swampert, Gliscor and Jolteon
Rock goes to Swampert

*Roar* (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/52 SAtk/216 Def
Relaxed nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

This Swampert is mainly here to put down rocks. It also grants me a handy Electric weakness, to help my Gyarados. Stealth rock is an obvious move here. Roar help rack up some damage with SR, it also serves as my phazer. Earthquake is a powerful STAB attack, while Ice Beam grants me extra insurance against Dragons. He normally just comes in after Gyara dies, sets up rocks, then starts phazing away.

Grass goes to Jolteon, Heatran and Dragonite.

Here's laughing at you (Jolteon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Signal Beam

SpecsJolt always works well on a team with Gyarados. He absorbs the Electric attack, and healing from it too. Thunderbolt is the obvious STAB. Shadow Ball grants coverage against Gengar, Duskinoir and all of the Rotom forms. HP [Grass] is there primarily for Swampert, but also hits Hippodown hard. Signal Beam is kind of a filler, but OHKO's Celebi. Timid and 252 Spe to make him as fast as possible, while 252 SpA makes him a force to be reckoned with.

Ground goes to Gyarados, Gliscor and Dragonite

Die Heracross (Gliscor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Gliscor helps this team with his two immunites, Electric (Gyarados) and Ground (Jolteon and Heatran). He can also serve as a deadly sweeper. Here he is playing half wall / half sweeper. SD to boost his moderatly high Attack. Roost to heal off any damage he may take. While QuakeEdge offers great coverage. Jolly and 216 speed allow him to outrun all Lucario's, but scarf varients. 252 HP to give hm bulk and 40 Attack to garuntee a 2KO on Vaporeon with EQ after an SD.

Ice goes to Heatran
Water goes to Gyarados, Dragonite or Swampert.

The Friendly Giant (Dragonite) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 112 Atk/196 Spe/200 SAtk
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Fire Blast

As Recommended by Bad Ass. Primary wall breaker/thing that makes things hurt. Superpower to deall with Blissey and Earthbound Steels. Draco Meteor hurts things, badly. Roost help to get rid of LO and SR damage. Fire Blast helps kill Skarmory and Bronzong.

Rock goes to Swampert
Ice goes to Heatran
Dragon goes to Heatran

Red Guy (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The words "best revenge killer" come to mind when I think of this guy, with decent enough speed and high Special Attack; He. Is. A. Beast. Flamethrower chosen over Fire Blast for accuaracy. Earthpower foe other Heatrans, Apes and Empoleon. Explosion to kill things such as Blissey. And HP [Ice] so revenge kill the OU dragons. Heatran is the glue that holds this team together, sporting 4x reists to Ice (Gliscor and Dragonite) and Grass (Swampert), he covers a lot of my weaknessess.Naive with max/max is standard.

Ground goes to Gyarados, Gliscor and Dragonite.
Water goes to Gyarados.
Fighting goes to Gyarados, Gliscor and Dragonite.

Threat List

1. Scizor: - Heatan OHKO's with Flamethrower.
2. Heatran: - My own Heatran, if it wins the speed tie, otherwise Swampert walls it (apart from HP grass) and KO's with Earthquake.
3. Salamence: - If it gets up a DD, I'm in trouble. I normally have to sacrifice Jolyeon, then revenge kill with Heatran.
4. Tyranitar: - Gyarados beats the Lead varients, otherwise Swampert proves to do the best.
5. Gyarados: - Even if it has a DD up, Jolteon OHKO's with Thunderbolt.
6. Zapdos: - Heatran can 2HKO with SR up, otherwise i rely on Gliscor. Help here please
7. Blissey: - Gliscor is unaffected by T-wave, and can set up on her.
8. Infernape: - Non-Thunderpunch varieties are shut down and will generally switch out when confronted by Gyarados, allowing me to set up a DD. Heatran can also revenge, and if both of theses are dead, Swampert handles him.
9. Lucario: - Gliscor can take an Ice Punch and OHKO with Eartquake.
10. Gengar: - Jolteon outspeeds non-Choice Scarf ones, and OHKO's them with Shadow Ball.
11. Metagross: - Gyarados easily beats the Lead ones, otherwise Heatran can revenge kill him with Flamethrower.
12. Swampert: - This is the reason Jolteon knows HP [Grass]. He can have a hard time switching in though.
13. Bronzong: - Heatran with Flamethrower, also Dragonite's Fire Blast leave a huge dent on him.
14. Celebi: - Jolteon OHKO's with Signal Beam. Otherwise Heatran can OHKO with Flamethrower, factoring in SR.
15. Jirachi: - Heatran and Gliscor can handle this well.
16. Azelf: - Jolteon is faster and knows Shadow Ball. I normally switch to Heatran if I sense an Explosion.
17. Starmie: - Jolteon can outseed and OHKO with Thunderbolt. If he dies I have a herd time with Specs varieties.
18. Vaporeon: - With SR down, Jolteon can OHKO his eeveelution brother.
19. Machamp: - I got nothing
20. Suicune: - Jolteon can OHKO with SR.
21. Kingdra: - Dragonite is all I got here. In rain this thing could run all over me.
22. Gliscor - Heatran handles him with HP [Ice].
23. Breloom - I normally Swampert to sleep, then swap in Heatran. Can cause problems.
24. Togekiss - Jolteon ha a very high cance to OHKO with SR up.
25. Skarmory - Jolteon. Heatran. Need i say more?
26. Weavile - Is killed by Heatran, bar the random scarfers.
27. Rotom-h - Jolteon can normally handle him.
28. Magnezone - Everyone with a ground move, AKA 5/6 of my pokemon.
29. Electivire - See above, but if he gets a Motor Drive boost, I'm in trouble.
30. Flygon - Heatran can revenge kill those that aren't locked on Earthquake.

So thats' the team
Please rate to your heart's content.

Edits in bold

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Wow. That threat list sucks! No offense, but Breloom isn't countered by Heatran. Anyway, on to the rate.

Gyarados lead? EndeavorApe / Azelf / Jirachi say hi. The best thing currently on your team that could function as a lead is Jolteon with Baton Pass over Signal Beam. Azelf leads have to choose between Rocks or a dead Jolt. Rocks means you're up 6-5, dead Jolt ties it up, but really helps Gyarados / 'Nite. Actually, rocks really hurt you, an anti-lead would help out a lot. If you are willing to part with Gyarados, you can try

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly 252 Spe / 252 Atk

~ Fake Out
~ Taunt
~ Pursuit
~ Ice Shard

Old school, I know, but it works. FO + Taunt Apes, FO + Pursuit Azelf, FO + Shard Aeros, etc.works very well

Relaxed 240 Hp / 216 Def / 52 SpA for Pert, with Ice Beam over Waterfall.

Signal Beam is utterly useless; Baton Pass is much better. That is my only complaint with Jolteon.

Switch the Hp evs and Attacks evs on Gliscor

Dragonite =/= Salamence; he is inferior at the DD set. But he does have a niche. Mixed. MixMence doesn't get Superpower. Or Ice Beam. Or Thunderbolt. Go mixed.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Rash 112 Atk / 196 Spe / 200 SpA

~ Superpower
~ Draco Meteor
~ Roost
~ Fire Blast

He breaks walls like Mikhail Gorbachev. Evs outspeed Jolly Tar and no speed base 100s. DM is amazing, completely owning most that doesn't resist it (steels = fire blast). Roost for the possible SR and SS recoil, along with LO. Superpower for those blobs that hope to wall you.

Heatran is Heatran.

And seriously think about redoing that threat list.

Wow. That threat list sucks! No offense, but Breloom isn't countered by Heatran. Anyway, on to the rate.
sorry about that, i was in a bit of a rush. I fixed it up though.

Gyarados lead? EndeavorApe / Azelf / Jirachi say hi. The best thing currently on your team that could function as a lead is Jolteon with Baton Pass over Signal Beam. Azelf leads have to choose between Rocks or a dead Jolt. Rocks means you're up 6-5, dead Jolt ties it up, but really helps Gyarados / 'Nite. Actually, rocks really hurt you, an anti-lead would help out a lot. If you are willing to part with Gyarados, you can try

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly 252 Spe / 252 Atk

~ Fake Out
~ Taunt
~ Pursuit
~ Ice Shard

Old school, I know, but it works. FO + Taunt Apes, FO + Pursuit Azelf, FO + Shard Aeros, etc.works very well
I don't want to sound stubborn, but.......for me Gyara lead works really well. I've never seen an EndeaverApe yet. I normally switch out to Heatran to take the Explosion from Azelf. And Jirachi is just the antilead from hell, but Gyara normally comes out ontop with EQ. I like the suggestion, but.......gunna stick with Gyarados.

Relaxed 240 Hp / 216 Def / 52 SpA for Pert, with Ice Beam over Waterfall.
Done and done.

Switch the Hp evs and Attacks evs on Gliscor
I'll try that out.

Signal Beam is utterly useless; Baton Pass is much better. That is my only complaint with Jolteon.
I'm gunna stick with Signal Beam here, as it destroys Celebi.

Dragonite =/= Salamence; he is inferior at the DD set. But he does have a niche. Mixed. MixMence doesn't get Superpower. Or Ice Beam. Or Thunderbolt. Go mixed.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Rash 112 Atk / 196 Spe / 200 SpA

~ Superpower
~ Draco Meteor
~ Roost
~ Fire Blast

He breaks walls like Mikhail Gorbachev. Evs outspeed Jolly Tar and no speed base 100s. DM is amazing, completely owning most that doesn't resist it (steels = fire blast). Roost for the possible SR and SS recoil, along with LO. Superpower for those blobs that hope to wall you.
Hmmmmm. Looks good. I'll try it out.

And seriously think about redoing that threat list.
yes I know....

So thanks for the rates! keep 'im coming!

I would change Swampert to the lead, and slap Protect over Roar. Change the spread to the above, and put Ice Beam over Waterfall like above. You will need it against DDMence. DDGyara is not that good these days, and can easily get blown up by Azelf or Metagross leads. Swampert is pretty nice though; you get your rocks up early, you can scout, and you can protect if you predict Metagross/Azelf to go boom. You could still have Roar over Protect though.

In that case however, having a Rotom-H over Gliscor is also a pretty good idea. It can handle Crunchless Lucario (if it does have Crunch, Gyara handles it), Scizor, and Zapdos too. And you can switch when you fear explosion. Rest/Sleep Talk/Discharge/Shadow Ball is probably the best choice, since he is needed to cover a wide variety of threats.

I would try out a defensive Celebi over Dragonite. You can run whatever moveset will suit you, but I think a pretty standard one would be: Recover/Grass Knot/Leech Seed/Thunderwave. You can try HP Fire over T-Wave though if Scizor worries you. It definitely helps out over synergy, and Celebi makes a good switch into Kingdra and Breloom, and does decently against Machamp. Zapdos can still be annoying if it has Heatwave, but if it doesn't, Celebi is another good switch in. Celebi and Swampert together help a lot against DDMence, since neither are 1hkoed. Meanwhile, Celebi goes great with Heatran for that stellar Celetran combo, and Swampert only makes it better.

As for Zapdos, Gliscor is very good. Test the waters to see if it has HP Ice or not by switching between Pert and Gliscor. Depending on what it is packing, you can use one or the other to counter it. But if you do put Rotom over Gliscor, then even better, as Zapdos can't touch it.

So in summary:
Celebi over Dragonite
and possibly
Rotom-H over Gliscor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)