I'm Stallin' in the Rain

Hello!
I'm Annalysia and this team has become my main,
quickly becoming one of my favorites.
Its main focus is abusing rain while stalling out the enemy the best I can.
It has proven to be very effective.

Here's a little sneak preview:

Here we go:

Politoed@Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Nature: Calm
EVs: (252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def)
Moveset:
~ Hypnosis
~ Protect
~ Perish Song
~ Scald

Politoed is an overused lead, but there's a reason for that. With the ability to bring an endless rain, he holds his own. I chose a Calm nature and HP/SpD EVs to become a decent special sponge. Hypnosis helps shut down a threat, while Perish Song helps force switches. For prediction or an additional stall turn, I abuse Protect. Scald is for a STAB move, with an ability to burn many threats immune to Toxic Spikes.

Sableye@Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Bold
EVs: (252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD)
Moveset:
~ Will-o-wisp
~ Taunt
~ Recover
~ Night Shade

Sableye is an amazing piece of glue for my team. Taunt helps shut down status boosters and the like. Will-o-wisp goes together with a few of my members holding Scald to shut down the many physical threats immune to Toxic Spikes. Priority Recover is wonderful for stalling, while Night Shade is a reliable attack that hits everything bar normal types. The Nature and EVs chosen are to enhance Sableye's ability to tank physical hits, since it lacks base stats.

Ferrothorn@Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: (252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD)
Moveset:
~ Stealth Rocks
~ Spikes
~ Gyro Ball
~ Power Whip

Ferrothorn is a wonderful addition to any Rain team, helping pad his dreadful resistance to fire-type attacks. Stealth Rocks and Spikes desperately aid my team in entry hazards. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are just for STAB attacks that hit for a decent amount of damage. I chose leftovers over a shed shell, as without leech seed he lacks recovery. Also, in the rain, he fears Magnezone's Hidden Power [Fire] much less, being able to fire off a few Spikes before going down.

Tentacruel@Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: (252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe)
Moveset:
~ Rapid Spin
~ Toxic Spikes
~ Scald
~ Protect

Tentacruel, oh Tentacruel. One of my favorite Toxic Spike abusers in the game. Even better, he's able to Spin away enemy hazards, greatly increasing my teams stalling capabilities. Scald works similarly to Politoed's, while Protect allows Tentacruel to have decent recovery with Leftovers and Rain Dish. Tentacruel is a huge addition to my team, providing the Toxic Spikes I need to stall.

Conkeldurr@Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
EVs: (120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD)
Moveset:
~ Bulk Up
~ Drain Punch
~ Mach Punch
~ Stone Edge

This guy is a pure beast, and the main reason any team should have fighting resistance on their team. With Guts, he's able to absorb a Thunder Wave or Will-O-Wisp and receive a nice bonus to his attack. After just one Bulk Up, Conkeldurr becomes considerably hard to take down, especially when combined with Drain Punch. Mach Punch helps take down speedier opponents attempting to jump the gun. Stone Edge hits fliers and fire-types quite hard, namely Ninetales attempting to rain on my parade... oh wai-
Overall, Conkeldurr helps destroy both Ninetales and Tyranitar, making him a wonderful asset to my team.

Dragonite@Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Quiet
EVs: (224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe)
Moveset:
~ Hurricane
~ Thunder
~ Roost
~ Dragon Tail

Dragonite makes a wonderful tank, even more so when abused in Rain and with the ability Multiscale. Hurricane is a dangerous STAB move, able of causing confusion as well as hitting hard. Thunder helps his coverage, crippling water-types attempting to abuse the rain as well. Roost works wonderfully with Multiscale, making Dragonite tough to wear down. Dragon Tail helps shuffle the team around and force boosters out of my way. With his bulk and power, Dragonite is a force to be reckoned with

Thanks for taking the time to rate my team!
I'm open to all sorts of criticism and suggestions, and I hope you have lots of both. Hope to see you around!

-- Annalysia

Quite a creative team hahah
however i feel that you are not abusing the rain as much as it can be abused.

I suggest using vaporeon over conkeldurr

Hydration Tank
Life Orb Hydration Modest
Moveset
~ Scald/Surf
~ Ice Beam /Roar
~ Hidden Power Grass/Roar
~ Rest
212 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe

Here vaporeon can absorb status conditions and heal in the rain :)
really prevents your opponent from inflicting status conditions on you as inflicting status is really overused in this current metagame.

Also, vaporeon provides some bulk and STAB Special Water attacks including Icebeam to get rid of the popular dragons in this meta game.

Vaporeon also has a chance to burn your opponents pokemon with scald and roar to increase the amount of switches your opponent does.

This compliments heavily with your ferrothorn and tentacruel :D

"As previously stated, Vaporeon needs to be paired up with Drizzle Politoed to maximize its potential. Doing so, however, results in an unfortunate typing overlap and overall redundancy. If you still wish to use Vaporeon, Politoed should cater to a defensive role. At this point, defensive synergy is desperately needed to cover up your team's Electric- and Grass-type weaknesses. You may consider using Dragon- or Grass-type teammates of your own to rectify this issue. For example, Ferrothorn stands out for its ability to provide entry hazards and paralysis support, both of which are beneficial for the power- and speed-starved Vaporeon. For Dragon-types, Dragonite and Latios are good choices, capable of sponging strikes aimed at Vaporeon and replying with their respective wallbreaking attacks. Additionally, as Vaporeon can lure and take out counters to rain (Blissey, Gastrodon, and weather inducers, to name a few), Pokemon that can take advantage of their absence are highly recommended too."

Quoted from Smogon Strategy Pokedex

Sableye, really? Jellicent does what your Sableye is doing much better, AND it can abuse the rain too.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe

Trait:Water Absorb

Surf
Willowisp
Taunt
Recover

Yes, this set is similar to Sableye's, but like I said Jellicent does it better. Oh, and it has great synergy with Ferrothorn! :)

I think that a CurseLapras would work extremely well in your team. Hydration + Rest abuses the rain so much, its OVERKILL. I use the standard Smogon set
Lapras @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
Nature: Careful
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

-Curse
-Rest
-Waterfall
-Ice Shard

Otherwise your team is very solid. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)