In death i'm only hiding

Hello, I'm new here :D
The theme.. Scary gen 5 only, non legendary team
Also these happen to be my favorites which is always a plus.
Intended use In-game & Wifi

Ferrothorn (Legion)
Ability - Iron Barbs
item: Leftovers
nature: Brave
evs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
move 1: Curse
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Gyro Ball
move 4: Stealth Rock

Bred Ferrothorn for Stealth Rock support, Since it seems everyone is setting it up nowadays and i didn't want to be put at a disadvantage. As a lead he takes a non-fire hit sets up stealth rock then curse up to boost his defense and attack while boosting Gyro Ball. Honestly I can not see why anyone would run this guy without gyro ball it was practically made for him.
Excellent Synergy w/ Jellicent and Chandelure.

Jellicent (Judas)
item: Leftovers
ability: Cursed Body
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
move 1: Scald
move 2: Recover
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Hex

Chosen as an Defensive cover to Ferrothorns weaknesses as it checks Fire types who will most likely show up to ruin Ferrothorns fun.
Cursed Body is a fun ability that has a high chance to cripple the opponent who only has one move that can actually hit Jellicent. Ice Beam is to take care of Grass types that might try to wall. Scald and Hex are just a great combo as Scald has a chance of burning the foe helping out with the lower of the two Defences while doing a decent amount of damage. And once it's good and burned Hex is the more powerful option to shadow ball, though it does require the set-up. Recover off any damage for longevity and there you have it.
Excellent Synergy w/ Ferrothorn and Hydreigon

Chandelure (Lucifer)
Ability - Flash Fire
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid
move 1: Overheat
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Psychic
move 4: Energy Ball

Chosen as an Offensive cover to Ferrothorns weaknesses its immune to Fighting and Fire.
Can probally swap out Psychic for something else not really sure what though.
Not sure what would be the more beneficial Fire move maybe even flamethrower for the extra accuracy?
Excellent Synergy w/ Ferrothorn and Hydreigon

Hydreigon (Belial)
Ability - Levitate
Item - Life Orb
Nature - Timid
EVs - 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
move 1: Dragon Pulse
move 2: Dark Pulse
move 3: Flamethrower
move 4: Surf

Chosen to counter ghost threats that might outspeed chandelure or jellicent with STAB Dark pulse, and his all out excellent movepool coverage. Dragon Pulse takes care of other Dragon types. Flamethrower is more reliable than the other Fire type options and Surf rounds out some more reliable coverage
Thinking maybe I should swap something for cheer up so it can set up and sweep?
Excellent synergy w/ Chandelure and Jellicent

Excadrill (Nero)
ability - Sand Rush
item: Air Balloon
nature: Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Rapid Spin

Chosen as I needed a Rapid Spinner someone that could use earthquake and someone that could hit a Defensive foe hard.
Excadrill fits all of these. Easily switches in to a Stealth rock taking only 1/4 damage. rapid spin and back out as to save for whatevers left after the first 4 dispatch pain. Then sword dance and clean up.
Excellent Synergy w/ Jellicent

Galvantula (Cain)
Ability - Compound Eyes
item: Choice Specs
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid
move 1: Thunder
move 2: Bug Buzz
move 3: Energy Ball
move 4: Volt Switch

Scout I send out when I know i can get a 100% accurate Thunder STAB in or a STAB Bug Buzz against a grass type. Energy Ball has a chance to lower spec Def which can be brutal with this team. Then Volt Switch out if it gets too heated.

First:

Give Chandelure flash fire ability. Chandelure won't be taking many physical hits for flame body to activate. This way when you switch into a fire attack you get a nice 1.5 boost on your fire attacks=D. I would say use choice scarf as it helps with its mediocore speed. Give overheat because after 1 overheat if flashfire was activated then it would be neutral for the spatk boost. Plus overheat w/ a flashfire boost is just amazing damage and wrecks anything even dents things that resist it. Chandelure acts as a hit and run hitter=D

Secondly

REplace curse w/ leech seed for recovery. You don't have any wish passers so he needs recovery somehow.

Well I would say have a wish passer but you said 5th gen only team=p. You can try alomomola as a wish passer and physical wall if you wish. I do see stall teams being a problem for this team though as you don't have anything to counter them. You can try a cm reuniclus

Yeah, for Ferro it would be better to have Leftovers and Leech Seed, Leech replacing Power Whip since Gyro Ball + Curse would be effective enough on its own.

Also, Excadrill w/ Sand Rush in a non-SS team is somewhat pointless. It is also better if a Rapid Spinner is not hurt by common Super Effective attacks in Fighting, Water, Ground, etc. A better Spinner would at least be Donphan, who still has a great Attack stat, and earthquake. He is also not hurt severly by priority attacks, since most are Physically-based, and Donphan has great Defense.

nature: Modest
evs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
move 1: Scald
move 2: Recover
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Hex

Change this...somehow, as it makes no sense currently. Modest is pretty useless with its Special Attack stat and no EV investment. Usually defensive is better, as thats what you have with your EVs. There are several viable EV spreads, but Jellicent is basically a 'bulky water', and it can run a 252HP/252Def Bold nature just like Vaporeon quite effectively.

Gavantula: Nature needs to be Timid, and I would change the item to Choice Specs/Scarf so that you can make the best use of Volt Switch. Sidenote, but Ttar is hit harder by Bug Buzz than Energy Ball. Energy Ball can be replaced for HP Ice to hit Gliscor and Garchomp convincingly hard.
I second that Chandelure is best Scarfed.
Hydreigon needs to be Timid, as it has an weird speed stat as is. Additionally Haxorus (Dragon Dance, Outrage, EQ or Brick Break, Rock Slide) can outspeed you, as well as rip through this whole team if given a chance to Dragon Dance.
Excadrill outside sand = Another poke is probably better

The comment about haxorus was my poor english, i see that now.
I'll change the Ev's, Nature's and some of the moves around. I'm slightly surprised to see that Excadrill will probally getting pulled off the team .. I thought it would be galvantula honestly.

So Donphan would make a better rapid Spinner then? Would Claydol be another viable option?

or perhaps a dual screen Cryogonal?
@Leftovers
Evs.:252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp. Def
Calm Nature

~ Rapid Spin
~ Reflect / Toxic
~ Ice Beam
~ Recover / Light Screen

Also of note.. playing with this team really makes me realize.. I've never really used grass type moves in the past but damn do they come in handy.

I highly doubt the effectiveness of Cryogonal as a Dual Screener. It offers a whopping total of one resistance, one immunity. It has trouble supporting because Cryogonal itself needs Reflect, you generally don’t want your Rapid Spinner to be weak to Stealth Rock, and Bullet Punch and Mach Punch are some of the most common priority attacks this generation.
Latias/Latios, Cresselia, Uxie, Bronzong are some of the best dual screeners with excellent bulk, solid resistances, and overall seem better.
Although Cryogonal theoretically can Rapid Spin and set up screens, so can Starmie, but Starmie has better uses, and is much more suited to this metagame than a pure Ice type.

Switch Curse to Power Whip on Ferrothorn, that way you have a Grass move, and more often than not you will be forced out before you can get even one Curse in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)