1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

(In-game question) Do Baby Pokemon always have 3 perfect IVs?

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Zelaurion, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Stellar

Stellar dreams and adventure
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

I think we established earlier that this only applies to caught Pokemon.

I caught a few Togepi in the safari last night. All had three to four perfect IVs.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    Az_UK likes this.
  2. Ozball

Ozball

So the significance of this discovery just took a leap up with the news about Destiny's Knot allowing FIVE IVs to be passed down from the parents (source: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/big-news-for-breeding-in-xy.3490166/ also mentioned on Serebii)

This means that having 3 perfect IVs right off the bat should help get a perfect IV that much sooner. Also just cause I was curious myself I went and looked up the Egg groups of the evolutions of the babies that we know are currently captureable ingame. (And therefor are able to pass on IVs to others in the same groups)

Smoochum, Tyrogue, Mime Jr., Riolu: Human-Like
    Togepi, Azurill, Budew: Fairy
    Togepi: Flying
    Azurill, Mantyke: Water 1
    Chingling: Amorphous
    Riolu: Field
    Budew: Grass
    shroomhead likes this.
  3. Larkas

Larkas

Paras is Grass/Bug, Surskit is Water 1/Bug and Volbeat/Ilumise are Human-like/Bug, so that means you can pass those IVs to the Bug Egg Group. By extension, you can pass them to Water 3 and Mineral through Skorupi and Dwebble, respectively.

Horsea, Dratini and Feebas are all Water 1/Dragon, so the IVs can go to the Dragon Egg Group too. By extension, they can go to Monster, Water 2 and Flying through Charmander, Magikarp and Swablu, respectively, among others.

Stunfisk and Shellos are Water 1/Amorphous, so the IV's can go to the Amorphous Egg Group also.

And those are all the Egg Groups right there. And that list is by no means exhaustive.

... Yeah, things look good. :)
    shroomhead and Ozball like this.
  4. Ozball

Ozball

Awesome! I wanted to do all that checking myself when I next got some free time, so thanks for doing it! Also we don't need Stunfisk/Shellos for Amophous as we have Chingling-> Chimecho
    Larkas likes this.
  5. Rugaji

Rugaji

After finding out last week about Legendaries getting 3 free 31 IV stat, I decided to soft reset for at least 4-5 perfect IVs. Instead I got hex-flawless Yveltal Mild nature (wanted to go for mix-attacker)

http://prntscr.com/1y5r5l
    http://prntscr.com/1y5rdq

Now I really want an Azurill or Riolu in the wild and try to catch a quad or quint-flawless one.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  6. Larkas

Larkas

Doh, of course! Totally missed Chingling! Man, can't wait to have the time to finish the game and start chain-breeding. :)
  7. Homeslice

Homeslice

Okay, so maybe I'm lucky, but can somebody also test this?
    Shinies have fixed ivs for your PID as soon as you create your character, right? Here's the thing, I've caught two shinies and both had exactly one flawless iv. Going along with the legends and babies also have three fixed and safari two fixed, is it possible shinies complete the chain at one fixed at flawless?
    Really would like someone else to test this and see if I just got lucky or if it works.
  8. Ozball

Ozball

I'd love to help test this but seeing as I've seen I think one shiney in my whole time playing Pokemon (started at yellow and have played at least one game each gen) I'm not sure I can :/ unless there is a trick to finding them?

I like the idea though and would love to see it proven.
  9. Larkas

Larkas

Eh, I've found a shiny Ferroseed, but I'm still very far from the IV checker =/ I'll let you know as soon as I get there.
  10. Fortuit

Fortuit

Does that mean that you can't IV-breed a shiny Pokémon because it wouldn't be the PID-assigned IV combination for your shinies?
  11. Stellar

Stellar dreams and adventure
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

I hatched a shiny adamant Venipede yesterday with three perfect IVs.
    JollyPiik, Joeyboy and Eo Ut Mortus like this.
  12. Fortuit

Fortuit

Thank you, I was afraid I had been wasting my time.
    I didn't understand those saying there is a mechanic for shinies' IVs in wild encounters. Maybe in Vth gen? Currently, now that I think about it, it is debunked by the fact that the Safari Pokémon all have two perfect IVs and an increased chance at shininess.
  13. Britty

Britty

You're just lucky. I checked my husband's shiny Klefki. It's best stat is its speed, which is only "fantastic" according to the IV checker. (Also, it has a 0 in defense, ouch!)
  14. thelaytonmobile

thelaytonmobile

I found a Tyrogue in Friend Safari, and it did have 3 perfect IVs.
  15. Rugaji

Rugaji

Thank you, guys. I finally ended up with a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Adamant Marill with Belly Drum + Aqua Jet. My first completed project in Pokemon Y. Couldn't have done it without the info on this thread. So proud. [​IMG]
    Lilligant562 and Ozball like this.
  16. Chompy

Chompy

How do I get certain IV if I want to get hidden power Fire?
  17. SeanAxel

SeanAxel

OT: I'm assuming even though they are in the same egg group. The Nidos do not apply as well?
  18. Ozball

Ozball

Someone posted further up that the Nidorina they caught also had 3 perfect IVs, so it seems to. (Though only Nidorina and Nidoqueen out of the Nidos are in the no egg group)
  19. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

OP should be updated with all the pokemon who can be caught with the three flawless IVs.
  20. Raeik

Raeik

I have found two shiny Fraxure, one with 2 perfect IVs, one with 3 perfect IVs.
  21. Ozball

Ozball

Out of curiosity, was the shiney Klefki caught or from breeding?
  22. Britty

Britty

It was wild caught.
  23. Cuiv

Cuiv

Well, anything *can* be caught with three flawless IVs. However, the Pokemon that are *always* caught with three flawless IVs are all of the members of the No-Eggs Group (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Undiscovered_(Egg_Group)). To be honest, it seems to me like this was a glitch/unintended side effect of making all Legendaries get three flawless IVs.
  24. Kadabrium

Kadabrium

In gen 5 pid are not related to ivs, not sure if that changed.
    but did have heard many people getting ived shinies
  25. farranpoison

farranpoison

So I've been thinking about breeding a good Chimecho.

However, Recover is an egg move for only Chingling.

So how does one go about doing this? Because usually you need Everstone + Destiny Knot to get a good baby, but to get a Chingling you need a Pure Incense as well. Do I just use Pure Incense/Destiny Knot and then hope I get the correct nature by breeding?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)