Indestructea (OU partial trickstall)

Overview
Hello Smogon. Welcome to my first ever RMT. The team I am outlining is one chiseled to my prediction-heavy play style and reliance on the ability of my pokemon to take hits. It is mainly a stall team, with a nasty defensive core, but a pair of attackers suited to the nature of the walls. It is important to note that this team is not made to battle in any specific evironment, but is (hopefully) pliable enough to handle any situation, no matter the weather (lol. It's funny because the OU metagame is a weatherfest.) Unfortunately, Blaziken is uber. He shouldn't be. :(

At a Glance...

Team Building Process

1)

It all started with Dusclops. I initially had one (and still do) and it is a magnificent physical wall. Tyranitar with crunch cannot beat it without hax. Insane defence combined with will-o-wisp just allows him to pown.

2)

Inspired by dusclops' insane ability to sponge physical hits, I wanted as close as posible to an equal special counterpart. It did not take long to realize Blissey is perfect for the job. Great resistance synergy with dusclops, and the option of poison vs. burn between the two makes them a wonderful combination.

3)

Heatran. I hates them. So does my wall combo. Hence Blaziken. The indroduction of Blaziken as a sort of heatran counter really solidified what I wanted to do with the team. Blaziken is obviously a sweeper, but his set-up consists of stalling for speed boost. Stall. And sweep. This made me realize how I wanted to play this team: either stall until I can sweep, or sweep until I can stall.

4)

Once I knew what I wanted to do with the team, I realized that a dedicated healer would provide extraordinary support in both the sweeping and stalling portions of the team. Huge wishes, heal bell, and solid bulk, along with consistently good type synergy provide the team with excellent backup.

5)

Oh Reuniclus. I never really though about Reuniclus at all. Like ever. I have never really had trouble battling against them. I was bored one day, checking out various other RMTs, when I noticed people mention a weakness to reuniclus on several different threads. Jokingly, I talked about having a reuniclus as my special sweeper. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized how wonderfully he would fit. Trick room, slow walls, the ability to set up on extremely fast opponents, type synergy, bulk, magic guard. Absolutely wonderful.

6)

I think I have an addiction. To leech seed. I always feel awkward if I dont have leech seed. Roserade provides this. And toxic spikes. And bulk. And absorbs T-spikes. And carries sleep powder... etc. Wonderful stalling lead. Privides team healing, and without T-spikes this team would have some very obvious weaknesses (sub-chomp, physical fire types.)

7)

Because blaziken is uber, I needed an alternative. This came in the form of a double dance terrakion. Same coverage, no real new threats, and slightly more adaptable.

The Team in Detail

Roserade

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid (+Spd/-Atk)
EVs: 252Hp/252Spd/4Sdef
- Toxic Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain

My lead. Not a suicide lead. His survival is actually necessary. The toxic spikes are the core of this team's stalling ability against stall breakers. And I love leech seed. The speed is because he is a lead, and that unfortunately necessitates the risky sleep powder. I understand there are leads that can easily counter him (*cough cough scarfed rotom*), but that is why I have a solid defensive core. Spreads Damage and healing, and is fairly bulky. And absorbs t-spikes, possibly the greatest threat to this team.

Vaporeon

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm (+Sdef/-Atk)
EVs: 252Hp/252Sdef/4Def
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Scald

An extremely important asset to this team, Vaporeon provides dedicated healing and solid defensive synergy. Protect can stall and allows wish healing on himself, while scald easily handles gliscor and can help take down scary heatrans. Scald's burn chance can also be useful against poison types, and in situations where toxic spikes aren't in play. Heal bell keeps everyone healthy, which is incredibly necessary on a partial stall team.

Dusclops

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Relaxed (+Def/-Spd)
EVs: 252Hp/252Def/4Sdef
- Will-o-wisp
- Protect
- Pain Split
- Night Shade

Dusclops is, in my opinion, one of the best physical walls in the game. With the eviolite, his defence reaches almost 600, and the bonus special defence of nearly 450 with no investment is a nifty bonus. Will-o-wisp limits tyranitar's crunch to less than 4HKO with sandstorm, and can absorb Haxorus and Garchomp's outrages like nothing. Pain split is good for healing, protect for stalling, and night shade is always good for guaranteed damage when dusclops faces taunt.

Blissey

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Sassy (+Sdef/-Spd)
EVs: 252Hp/252Sdef/4Satk
- Toxic
- Protect
- Softboiled
- Mud Bomb

Blissey is obviously my dedicated special wall. Toxic for damage, protect/softboiled to stall, blah blah blah... it's a blissey. She works amazingly with dusclops, as they essentially sponge eachother's main weaknesses.

Terrakion

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Nature: Adamant (+Atk/-Satk)
EVs: 252Atk/252Spd/4Hp
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Stone edge
- Close combat

My physical sweeper, he can choose to double either his speed or attack, depending on the situation at hand. The lum berry helps prevent his sweep getting crippled, and the adamant nature is because I want to do as much damage as possible on a rock polish sweep.

Reuniclus

Reuniclus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Quiet (+Satk/-Spd)
EVs: 252Hp/252Satk/4Def
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

Finally, Reuniclus, the pokemon that turns this team (in my opinion) from good to great. A bulky special trick room sweeper that greatly benefits vaporeon, blissey and dusclops. The situational trick room can also provide blaziken with a flawless substitute stall/setup. He resists everything that is not a direct attack, giving him good stall breaking proprties as well.

Conclusion
So what do you think? Any constructive criticism would be appreciated, as well as any major flaws.

Yes Blaziken is still Uber on Smogon, the best possible solution would be to replace it with some other sweeper such as Keldeo, Terrakion, Infernape etc who all complement your team very well.

Ok, thanks. :) I think i will consider Terrakion. How does this look...

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly (+Spd/-Satk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
-Swords Dance

I think the sub-sword set on Terrakion will allow him to perform similarily to blaziken. He can still stall(ish) and more importantly break down opposing stallers. Same type coverage, better attack, and not as tricky to get his speed up. It makes the team a little more susceptible to scizor, but blaziken is kinda frailish anyway so... doesn't really matter.

Lum Berry is kind of pointless with Sub considering it's going to be blocking Statuses for you anyway. if you do go with SubSD Terra, roll with a Rock Gem. it can allow him to push past Gliscor and Slowbro after a bit of previous Damage (+2 Rock Gem Stone Edge does like 85% or so to both)

I could also see the Double Dancing set working well for you. Facing your usual Balanced/Offensive Team? nab that Rock Polish and go to town! Facing Stall and need to break through some things? Swords Dance and start smacking!

Haha thanks. The double dancing provides good options for different situations. I agree that the lum berry is counterproductive on the sub set, but might keep it if I go with the double dancing one.

I think the Double Dance Terrakion should fit in extremely well. The situation-based use is definitely what I'm looking for, but I'm having difficulty thinking of an appropriate item. The babiri berry could help to counter scizor (although dusclops can usually do that if it's not carrying night slash), so I'm thinking maybe lum berry? Preventing an annoying status from ending his sweep, especially from prankster pokemon, or the ability to switch into a breloom's spore would probably be the most benficial.

Here is the Double Dance Terrakion I will (at this point) probably roll with...

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant (+Atk/-Spd)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

With the ability to heal from leech seed/wish, there is potential for a couple different setups in the same battle. This is especially useful, as I can switch out of a swords dance sweep if a scarfer comes out and counter it later, eliminating potential defence drops from close combat.

I am starting to like terrakion over blaziken on this team, not only out of necessity, but I think he actually fits in better. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)