Inferno Blitz! (Gen 5 OU Sun Team)

Inferno Blitz!
Hello, Im Glory Blaze and this is my first RMT on Smogon, so Please enjoy it. It will be on my Best sun team and I have worked on this team for about a month now. It peaked at 1300, and yes, i gave it the name Inferno Blitz!

Team Building
The whole ' Sun Team' thing started when i felt like making a sun team one day. So of course, i put in ninetales. I wanted ninetales to live long, so i made it specially defencive.

After i thought through that, i thought of adding a Lead, so i had to choose between Choice scarfed Darmanitan and Choice scarfed Victini,so i chose victini. Its Cuteness is also a plus :D

Next i thought of adding a rapid spinner, so i thought donphan would do great, and ice shard gets rid of dragons, so i put him in the team.

After that, i thought of having some sweepers in the team, so i added a special sweeper, Volcarona, and a physical sweeper, Dragonite. Venusaur was great, but too easy to revenge kill, while Volcarona, on the other hand, isnt.

Now i had everything i need, a lead, a rapid spinner, 2 defencive pokemon and 2 sweepers, and a spot for a pokemon left. So i thought about using that last pokemon as a support pokemon to help the sweepers sweep. A Chlorophyll pokemon was my first thought, and since i didnt want another stealth rock weak pokemon (sorry Jumpluff) i chose venusaur.

Now that the team was done, i started laddering, and i found out something important. I have nothing to take outrage and not get OHKOed by it. So i changed Donphan to forretress, which resists dragons and used spikes too! :D

Now that is the making of my sun team and from a ninetales to how it is today. Now I shall explain each pokemon in detail!
Team In Detail

Soheal! (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 112 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Final Gambit
- U-turn
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
This is my lead for the Sun team as i like to start battles off with some things fast. It also is a reliable hard hitter with v-create in sun. Final Gambit is the most useful move in the set as its used to defeat politoad and tyranitar in one hit as well as dragonite, heatran and other threats to the team. Hippowdon is the only weather starter though which can survive Final Gambit making it my only True counter.The Evs are to make sure the opponent dies from Final Gambit, Which always deals 404 hp when victini is at full health.

Dedebird! (Ninetales) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SDef / 136 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Protect
My special wall! It might not be like Blissey or Jellicent, but it works ok and takes attacks like a boss! Sad thing is that it has no recovery, but it has flamethrower for hitting stuff, will-o-wisp to burn threats which would demolish all my pokemon and substitute with protect for burn stalling or Toxic stalling with toxic spikes from forretress!

Mystogan! (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
My physical wall, entry hazard setter and rapid spinner! I consider this guy the most important pokemon in the whole team because if he died and stealth rock is up, then im pretty much screwed, as most of my team is weak to Stealth Rock. Gyro ball is pretty much to kill sweepers, and it 2hkoes threats like dragonite, salamence, haxorus, terrakion, landorus and many more!Sturdy helps too as it lets me survives OHKOs expecially with fire moves.

Zancrow! (Volcarona) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Morning Sun
My special sweeper and probably the best one of the 2. Its a bulky special sweeper and after 3 quiver dances, its pretty much unstoppable, and the only thing that stands in its way is terrakion or landorus come in when volcarona is at +1 quiver dance or when it gets haxed. Paralysis is annoying too as well as being intoxicated. Its evs are to make it physically bulky to take physical attacks, heal them away with morning sun, and burn the opponent with flame body!

Oldmanoak! (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
Now we get to the Dragon pokemon in my team. He pretty much is a late game sweeper and is powerful like hell! i originally had extremespeed on it, but i noticed heatran was a threat as well as chandelure, so earthquake takes care of them.I would like Outrage on it, but i dont like being locked on moves and lum berry is to be able to take toxic, burns from scald and thunder waves while laughing at the opponent. The evs are to make the most of its offence and multiscale acts like a +2 in defence only when having full health.

Big Mama! (Venusaur) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder
The last pokemon in my team which is my venusaur is used as a support pokemon to help the 2 former pokemon. The evs are to make it fully defencive, while its ability Chloryphyll is to double its speed to take full advantage of the sun as well as supporting Volcarona and dragonite with putting the opponent to sleep so the others can setup. Leech seed combines well with toxic spikes from forretress to stall the opponent. Its also awesome as it heals dragonite back to full health giving it more than one chance to use multiscale!. HP fire is to kill grass types, which are immune to leech seed. Its also nice that people predict the special growth set, until they see leech seed and substitute, making them lose the game. Venusaur is very important to the team, and dont ask me "Why is it called 'Big Mama' if its male?"

Now that was my sun team and i hope you enjoyed seeing it, please rate it and im going to try Making more RMTs in the future.

Thanks For Reading This!
Importable
Soheal! (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 112 Spd
- Final Gambit
- U-turn
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt

Dedebird! (Ninetales) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SDef / 136 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Protect

Mystogan! (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Zancrow! (Volcarona) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Morning Sun

Oldmanoak! (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Big Mama! (Venusaur) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

If Dragonite it down this team looks like it will be walled by heatran. I suggest using Hidden Power Ground > Morning Sun. I know you will lose on recovery by Heatran is priority. You also are missing a number of EV's on Venusaur, I suggest you dump more EV's in SDef to take special hits beter.

My only bit of advice, Terrakkion will do a number on the team. All it needs is Rock slide and it's over. And Victini is basically a one shot wonder. People will probably assume he's doing exactly what he's doing and swap in possibly shandelure (with FF 0 from V and immune to fire and gambit.) Also, the team seems pretty offensive and in my opinion using venasur as a simple seed sleeper is too slow. Plus with nothing to absorb fire attacks (minus Dnite) the team seems a bit lost... Possibly adding in your own Heatran or even Chandelur could work wonders. Either that or change venasur to the growth sweeper set. Just my opinion.

If Dragonite it down this team looks like it will be walled by heatran. I suggest using Hidden Power Ground > Morning Sun. I know you will lose on recovery by Heatran is priority. You also are missing a number of EV's on Venusaur, I suggest you dump more EV's in SDef to take special hits beter.
Thats true, i fixed venusaur and added more speed. Im not sure whether to put more evs in defence or special defence (just got the set off smogon). Heatran sure is a problem, thats why im trying to find a way to get around it. Hidden power ground won't be good as it leaves me vunerable to dragons, though hp rock might cover them both with some boosts.
My only bit of advice, Terrakkion will do a number on the team. All it needs is Rock slide and it's over. And Victini is basically a one shot wonder. People will probably assume he's doing exactly what he's doing and swap in possibly shandelure (with FF 0 from V and immune to fire and gambit.) Also, the team seems pretty offensive and in my opinion using venasur as a simple seed sleeper is too slow. Plus with nothing to absorb fire attacks (minus Dnite) the team seems a bit lost... Possibly adding in your own Heatran or even Chandelur could work wonders. Either that or change venasur to the growth sweeper set. Just my opinion.
first, thank you both for replying, and thats right, terrakion is a threat, though i have forretress for terrakion, and if it close combats, gyro ball OHKOs! well i need to keep is though, and dragonite can tank a rock move from it and dragon dance, then reply with earthquake and proceed to sweep. I need a fire absorber though, yes, but i like using ninetales to take special ones, and id just let anything die, then let dragonite come in, take a fire move and dragon dance, then sweep for physical ones.

Thats true, i fixed venusaur and added more speed. Im not sure whether to put more evs in defence or special defence (just got the set off smogon). Heatran sure is a problem, thats why im trying to find a way to get around it. Hidden power ground won't be good as it leaves me vunerable to dragons, though hp rock might cover them both with some boosts.
Detailed Result: 0 +1 SpAtk Volcarona Hidden Power Rock vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Heatran: 28.7% - 33.95%
3-4 hits to KO
Detailed Result: 0 +1 SpAtk Volcarona Hidden Power Rock vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Heatran: 19.17% - 22.8%
5-6 hits to KO

Detailed Result: 0 +2 SpAtk Volcarona Hidden Power Rock vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Heatran: 25.65% - 30.31%
4 hits to KO
Detailed Result: 0 +2 SpAtk Volcarona Hidden Power Rock vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Heatran: 38.27% - 45.37%
3 hits to KO

Detailed Result: 0 +3 SpAtk Volcarona Hidden Power Rock vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Heatran: 47.84% - 56.48%
2-3 hits to KO
Detailed Result: 0 +3 SpAtk Volcarona Hidden Power Rock vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Heatran: 32.12% - 37.82%
3-4 hits to KO
Detailed Result: 0 +3 SpAtk Volcarona Hidden Power Rock vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Heatran: 32.12% - 37.82%
3-4 hits to KO

Detailed Result: 0 +6 SpAtk Volcarona Hidden Power Rock vs 252 HP/252 SpDef Heatran: 51.3% - 60.36%
2 hits to KO

Maybe more SAtk investment? As Specially Defensive Heatran really walls it and it usually carries a fire/ground move. I also don't think you need those 80 Spe EV's as it lowers Gyro Ball's power, dump them in SDef.

80 Spd = special defence >__< sry, just had to, and yeah, I might run offencive quiver dance instead of bulky quiver dance, though my team becomes more vunerable to stealth rocks, as now volcarona has no way to heal back up other than leftovers

Another thing I realized, if this is DW team you could use the Cutsap berry on fortress. What it does, "when a pokemon is in berry eating range, gives an additional priority (+1) (if there's any in the first place), to the move used on turn of consumption. So no matter what, if study is used (and not burned by say, fire punch), you'll probably get your last move up.

hi, im new to the forum, i read your team. it is nice, but you have some problems. venusaur should use growth, +2 spatck is disastrous with solar beam in the sun and stab, dragonite as you said is a late game sweeper so outrage is prefered over draagon claw, to make dnite a bit of a nuisance too, roost > fire punch since you cover what you need to cover with outrage/dragon claw and earthquake so no need for fpunch , it will also get rid for you from rock weakness for a turn, other than that and your victini which you are underusing its powers(not being mean) your team is great.

80 Spd = special defence >__< sry, just had to, and yeah, I might run offencive quiver dance instead of bulky quiver dance, though my team becomes more vunerable to stealth rocks, as now volcarona has no way to heal back up other than leftovers
Speed = Spe / Spd
Special Defence = SDef / Sp.Def

Sometimes it gets confusing cause some people use both spe and spd for speed while others use spd for special defense. Btw how do you combat rain teams, seems they would cause you a lot of trouble? One thing I realized is that an expert belt or life orb Starmie would rape your team. Vic, nine tails and volcarona die to hydro pump, hp fire kills forretress and ice beam kills dragonite and venusaur.It would take out all once sr is on the field. Remove hp fire on venusaur and give it hp ice to check dragons you already have 4 other pokes with fire moves already, I would also maybe give venusaur a grass move instead of hidden Power to check the starmie threat and other water types. When your opponent realizes you have no grass moves on your venusaur, they won't hesitate to ice beam it to death

Edit: from looking at your team again, any bulky water type is a major threat to your team. Gastrodon comes to mind
---

first, thank you both for replying, and thats right, terrakion is a threat, though i have forretress for terrakion, and if it close combats, gyro ball OHKOs! well i need to keep is though, and dragonite can tank a rock move from it and dragon dance, then reply with earthquake and proceed to sweep. I need a fire absorber though, yes, but i like using ninetales to take special ones, and id just let anything die, then let dragonite come in, take a fire move and dragon dance, then sweep for physical ones.
What if the terrakion is scarfed? Even after one dragon dance jolly terrakion will still be faster than dragonite

hi, im new to the forum, i read your team. it is nice, but you have some problems. venusaur should use growth, +2 spatck is disastrous with solar beam in the sun and stab, dragonite as you said is a late game sweeper so outrage is prefered over draagon claw, to make dnite a bit of a nuisance too, roost > fire punch since you cover what you need to cover with outrage/dragon claw and earthquake so no need for fpunch , it will also get rid for you from rock weakness for a turn, other than that and your victini which you are underusing its powers(not being mean) your team is great.
Well, i would say that i already have 2 sweepers, and venusaur is to support the other 2, with leech seed and sleep powder. Dragonite uses Fire punch MORE than earthquake, as it only is there to hit heatran and chandelure, while i wont be able to OHKO scizor, which 2hkoes it with BP, ferrothorn or even touch skarmory! Victini is actually very important and im using it to my full advantage, its the only thing that has a 100% chance to OHKO politoad and tyranitar. Using brick break is useless here, and using TR will just make the rest of my team slower.
Speed = Spe / Spd
Special Defence = SDef / Sp.Def
I guess it can be that, i just got the team exported from PO so blame them >____>

Sometimes it gets confusing cause some people use both spe and spd for speed while others use spd for special defense. Btw how do you combat rain teams, seems they would cause you a lot of trouble? One thing I realized is that an expert belt or life orb Starmie would rape your team. Vic, nine tails and volcarona die to hydro pump, hp fire kills forretress and ice beam kills dragonite and venusaur.It would take out all once sr is on the field. Remove hp fire on venusaur and give it hp ice to check dragons you already have 4 other pokes with fire moves already, I would also maybe give venusaur a grass move instead of hidden Power to check the starmie threat and other water types. When your opponent realizes you have no grass moves on your venusaur, they won't hesitate to ice beam it to death

Edit: from looking at your team again, any bulky water type is a major threat to your team. Gastrodon comes to mind
well, rain teams aren't really a problem, as victini would final gambit the politoad if the opponent keeps it in, and if they switch, i would burn it with ninetales as it comes in to make it rain, and sub+protect stall. The rest of the pokemon are finished off by the sweeper if it sets up, which is almost all the time. gastrodon is a problem, though i overcome it with venusaur by sleep powdering, then dragon dance with dragonite, if it wakes up and toxicates me, ill heal and have enough stat boosts to at least 2HKO or OHKO.

What if the terrakion is scarfed? Even after one dragon dance jolly terrakion will still be faster than dragonite
If terrakion is scarfed (which ill find out throughout the battle) ill use earthquake immediately.

Rock types are a major threat to this team so I suggest you scrap forretress and start using donphan again, maybe this time one that helps you with outragers

Donphan @ Leftovers
Impish (-Sp.att + Def)
252 HP 252 Def 4 Att
Sturdy
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Ice shard

If you can break the multiscale donphan should be able to beat a d-nite and can always beat salamence. Its a great counter to terrakion and landorus which can wreck havoc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)