Infinite O Power PSS glitch

I do apologize if this is the wrong area to post, or if this already a known thing; in either case, I'll just delete the thread. Moving on...

Using two 3DS systems and two copies of any gen 6 game, it's possible to send O Powers from one console+game to another via LAN - this is obvious and known. However, by saving at the proper moment, its possible to "save" an O-Power to your save, so that you "recieve" the O-Power every time you load that save, until you save again, multiple times - but only ever sending yourself an O-power once. This is particularly useful for Capture Power lv 3 while soft-resetting. I used this to provide a free Capture Power 3 on every SR on my Omega Ruby while catching Cresselia: I only used the power once, but 'recieved' it across 20+ SR's. At the end of the day... one can simply SR the game that's gifting the O-powers to instantly replenish the gauge, so its usefulness is rather minimal; just saves a small amount of time.

What you need

- Two 3DS systems
- Any two copies of Pokemon X, Y, OR, AS.
- I'd reccomend at least one charger cable as well.

How do I..?

1) Save in front of a space-vagina portal in ORAS that spews out Musketeers, Legendary Beasts, or wherever else you'd like to save.
2) Have your "gift-giver" system on standby. In my case, this is a 3DS with X.
3) Open the menu on the game you wish to abuse the O power on. In my case, this is a 3DS XL with Omega Ruby, abusing Capture Power 3 from my X. Click Save, and wait on the final prompt before confirming to save.
4) Once your 'gift' system detects your 'reciever' system (Should appear as Passerby at first, trading will put it in Aquaintences), click your target game's character, hit O-Power, and choose a power.
5) Get ready. Send the power to your recipient, then quickly confirm the Save dialouge on the recipient's system. You should save BEFORE getting the "Your friend X gave you <capture power>!" notification. Leave the 'gift' console on, do not close the 3DS or turn off the wireless switch.
6) Soft reset with Start+Select+L+R on the RECIPIENT system, after you get the O-Power notification.
7) As soon as you load your save, open the PSS and wait for the O-Power popup and do whatever you were going to do. In my case, clicking a portal to battle a stationary legend in ORAS.
8) Bad catch? SR the recipient game. The O-Power will activate as soon as it finds your 'gift' system via LAN. Repeat as often as needed.

After a few resets (anywhere from 4 to 30, roughly) it will stop glitching a free O-Power on startup. Simply repeat step 4 onwards; you'll have plenty of time to recharge the gift system's O-power meter.
And remember, the system giving the O-Power sits on the side doing nothing while you soft reset; it just needs to be idle so the system you're abusing notices it and gifts the O-power.

This comes in useful while SRing the annoying-to-catch legendaries crawling all over ORAS. I haven't tried this on my X yet to see if works in reverse, but I did this several times on my Omega Ruby to confirm it wasn't a one-time brainfart. Its very repeatable, and you don't have to pay much attention to the other system's O-power guage or resetting it to save time on SR's. Useful when your X has Capture Power 3, OR has level 1, and no need to open your menu and use your own power I guess.

tl;dr: usefulness: 3/10. Amount of shit and setup needed to do this: 8/10. But I figured I'd post anyway, maybe someone will find it handy or find a better use for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)