Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

Just because it has Final Gambit, doesn't mean it should be quickbanned. Final Gambit is one time use and it makes your poke faint as well. Also, most high HP pokes are slow (fastest poke with over 150 base HP besides Giratina is Drifblim with 80 Speed) so it has to hold Choice Scarf. From what I see, all playstyles, including Stall, doesn't have a problem with it considering how shallow Dugtrio's movepool (unlike OU Goth).

Also, horrible gimmick coming through.

Corsola (Marowak) @ Thick Club
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Polish/Head Smash
- Recover

If you're the guy who likes to take risks for misses, meet Hustle Marowak, the poke with highest Attack UNBOOSTED. Adamant max Attack Marowak has 284 Attack, with Thick Club and Hustle, 284*2*1.5 = 852 Attack, as high as +2 Adamant Landorus T (854 but its not that different). Corsola also have Earthquake, Sucker Punch, Head Smash, Icicle Spear (if you want Ice coverage) and Rock Polish. It also got Recover too. Nice gimmick, eh?

Just because it has Final Gambit, doesn't mean it should be quickbanned. Final Gambit is one time use and it makes your poke faint as well. Also, most high HP pokes are slow (fastest poke with over 150 base HP besides Giratina is Drifblim with 80 Speed) so it has to hold Choice Scarf. From what I see, all playstyles, including Stall, doesn't have a problem with it considering how shallow Dugtrio's movepool (unlike OU Goth).

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Polish/Head Smash
- Recover

If you're the guy who likes to take risks for misses, meet Hustle Marowak, the poke with highest Attack UNBOOSTED. Adamant max Attack Marowak has 284 Attack, with Thick Club and Hustle, 284*2*1.5 = 852 Attack, as high as +2 Adamant Landorus T (854 but its not that different). Corsola also have Earthquake, Sucker Punch, Head Smash, Icicle Spear (if you want Ice coverage) and Rock Polish. It also got Recover too. Nice gimmick, eh?
probably better running a moveset of

-Hone Claws
-Drill Run
-Head Smash
-Sucker Punch/filler

from nidorino.

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Polish/Head Smash
- Recover

By that logic Mega Gengar should be considered back into OU because it usually just took out one pokemon. Final gambit allows Offense to outright remove on pokemon from the opposing team, there's no way around it. They can't prevent it and the offensive player only has to make an easy double (Stall doesn't do doubles) You're essentially bound to lose one pokemon every time, which opens up a sweep for the opponent = broken. It doesn't need scarf, it only needs final gambit. It has to go.

252+ SpA Blissey Final Gambit vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges: 714-714 (198.3 - 198.3%)

Damn thats powerful... though i dont think it should be banned. I feel like its a similar case of explosion/selfdestruct, but for it to be effective you need to come in carefully and it has to be against a special attacker.

252+ SpA Blissey Final Gambit vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges: 356-356 (98.8 - 98.8%)

Thats 1/2 of its hp. Not too sure... it seems amazing on paper but has anyone actually tested this out? I mean it KOs whatever is in front of it but it takes its own life. Oh and those calcs are without items, so imagine specs on it... absolutely devastating.

Final conclusion: Test it out first, give it some time, then everyone can see if its a broken monster or if its just a good strategy.

By that logic Mega Gengar should be considered back into OU because it usually just took out one pokemon. Final gambit allows Offense to outright remove on pokemon from the opposing team, there's no way around it. They can't prevent it and the offensive player only has to make an easy double (Stall doesn't do doubles) You're essentially bound to lose one pokemon every time, which opens up a sweep for the opponent = broken. It doesn't need scarf, it only needs final gambit. It has to go.
I might be misinterpreting what you're saying but I don't see how that's a reason for Arena Trap to be banned.

252+ SpA Blissey Final Gambit vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges: 714-714 (198.3 - 198.3%)

Damn thats powerful... though i dont think it should be banned. I feel like its a similar case of explosion/selfdestruct, but for it to be effective you need to come in carefully and it has to be against a special attacker.

252+ SpA Blissey Final Gambit vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges: 356-356 (98.8 - 98.8%)

Thats 1/2 of its hp. Not too sure... it seems amazing on paper but has anyone actually tested this out? I mean it KOs whatever is in front of it but it takes its own life. Oh and those calcs are without items, so imagine specs on it... absolutely devastating.

Final conclusion: Test it out first, give it some time, then everyone can see if its a broken monster or if its just a good strategy.
I don't think any of the EVs apart from HP matter. Bulbapedia says it just deals damage equal to the user's current HP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Came up with a few ideas for sets:

This set inherits from Arbok.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
Careful Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
- Coil
- Rest
- Iron Tail
- Gunk Shot / Sucker Punch

The chance for a free Rest, in addition to one of the best boosting moves in the game, could potentially make Registeel a frightening sweeper. Iron Tail is STAB, while you could use Gunk Shot for its obscene power or Sucker Punch for a bit of priority.

This set inherits from Lilligant.

Sceptile @ Meadow Plate / Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Quiver Dance
- Petal Dance
- Hidden Power Rock
- Giga Drain

Access to a nearly drawback-free base 120 Power STAB move is pretty powerful. HP Rock is coverage and Giga Drain is nice recovery. I could see an Own Tempo Thrash set (inherited from Spinda) on something like Ursaring, too.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I think Inheritance stall is a lot stronger than people think. You see, in Inheritance, it's very easy to give your walls moves that will mitigate your team's passivity. Volt-turn and select coverage moves really makes stall tough to handle. However, stall is also very hard-pressed at the moment.

Here's a quick cheat sheet to get better at stall; bear in mind that there are very few solid counters to many of the mandatory threats to counter. All these Pokemon work well together to form a very powerful defensive structure:
  • Get a non-passive status absorber that works as a versatile counter to various offensive threats, such as Snorlax.
  • Use a Protean counter such as Diancie or Manaphy.
  • Run Intimidate Suicune or another Intimate physical wall to check or counter most physical attackers.
  • Use Regenvest Entei to counter Mega Gardevoir; alternatively, you could use a specially defensive Victini set or Flash Fire Aegislash, but those are honestly inferior.
  • Use an Unaware Pokemon that walls Contrary Terrakion and other boosters, such as Cresselia.
  • This is new, but xJownage told me about how dangerous Adaptability Excradrill is, so I ended up using Magic Bounce Skarmory as a counter. I'd say countering it is mandatory as well.
  • Use a Magic Bounce Pokemon such as the one above, or Magic Bounce Doublade.
  • Get a good counter to Fire-type nukes such as Mega Charizard-X.
  • Carry decent checks to powerful rain attackers like Mega Blastoise.
  • This has nothing to do with teambuilding, but always be sure to set your Toxic Orbs safely!
  • Be sure to make your team as offensively threatening as possible, whilst using an uncompromising defensive structure!

You may view and add defensive sets in this Pirate Pad: http://piratepad.net/InheritanceStallSets

The sets provided are just some of my favourite ones, as I don't wish to add that many, lest people won't get to contribute by providing their OWN defensive sets! Of course, I'll be deleting sets that don't seem to have a significant purpose. If you have a set worth sharing that's not defensive, but resultantly works well on the stall archetype, you should add said set as well!
Even though I am a self proclaimed stall hater, this is great. I love the initiative people are taking in this metagame. After going on the pad, I can also see the major contributions of so many good players.

Noteworthy: Excadrill inherits from mega lucario, which also gets blaze kick to be put in over drain punch; which could allow it to beat MG skarmory and levitate doublade (which is a noob set but common nonetheless). In fact, Blaze kick OHKOs skarm at +2 after rocks. Have fun :)

I don't really know how to play Stall, but Stall players must be wary of potential Final Gambit users, usually pokes with base HP above 150 (Alomomola, Chansey, Wailord, Blissey).

Also add Mega Medicham to viability ranking. Its an underrated threat that people must prepare for. A few pages before, I've shown a calc that +2 Extremespeed cleanly 1HKO what would be its revenge killers and unlike other -atespeeders, Suicune can't switch in to its Close Combat, unless Intimidate users, meaning it isn't walled by Unaware variants.
I am going to test out megacham soon and talk to the players who have used it, and once I see enough of it I will discuss with the council and add it to the viability rankings. It is really strong and even without stab priority it is very powerful. If only lucario got mach punch...oh god no.
Shadow tag also will always take out one mon on the stall archetype. Is shadow tag banned in all tiers? no. Your argument really doesn't have any teeth; there are a lot of mons that are guaranteed kills against certain team. That in no way makes them broken. Mega Gengar also would take out more than one mon in OU, and doesn't kamikaze one mon, rather, it gets kills and sits there waiting to get another one. Mega Gar also is 170/130, and comparing that to shit like offensive blissey (arena trap final gambit is gonna be scarfed) is rather arbitrary. Bound to lose one mon while the opponent loses one too. Considering I haven't even seen one other person complain about arena trap (including adrian), I would say you are alone on this one. Bound to lose a pokemon happens all the time, just deal with it.

Please stop making statements such as "it has to go." at the end of your arguments. Its really condescending that you won't even allow us an opinion, instead stating that it must happen your way. Please do us a favor and allow us our opinions, instead of stating things like the laws of nature. If you make us defensive, we will not listen to you as human nature, and statements like that make us very defensive. I apologize if I come off as snooty and rude, I really don't want to deal with things like this when they aren't necessary.
Came up with a few ideas for sets:

This set inherits from Arbok.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
Careful Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
- Coil
- Rest
- Iron Tail
- Gunk Shot / Sucker Punch

The chance for a free Rest, in addition to one of the best boosting moves in the game, could potentially make Registeel a frightening sweeper. Iron Tail is STAB, while you could use Gunk Shot for its obscene power or Sucker Punch for a bit of priority.
Thats actually a really good idea, but remember shed skin is only a 33% chance, so its not something you want to rely on. Its decent, but I can't tell you how it will fare in such an aggressive metagame.

BTW Adrian Marin I will reveal that one set that 6-0's your life if you make stall too strong so pls don't let me down :)

Has anyone used this bad boy yet?

Umbreon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 108 SDef
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Roost
- U-Turn

Inherits from Xatu, obviously. EVs put both Defense and Special Defense at the same level - 323. And with its above average HP, it gets a wonderful 393/323/323 Defenses. This makes it an excellent pivot who can set up Screens and provide momentum with U-Turn: Two things very crucial for setup sweeping or HO in general. Roost is of course, reliable recovery. Magic Bounce prevents Status and Taunt, once again assuring that Screens and Roost are put to good use. If you're using a Defensive team, you can replace U-Turn with Toxic for convenient stalling (Which is once again possible with Screens and Roost). It's just nice overall and a great lead mon. Use Shiny for more badassery.

Sceptile @ Meadow Plate / Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Petal Dance
- Hidden Power Rock
- Giga Drain
You should inherit from an any better Quiver Dancer donor like Venomoth or Masquerain so Sceptile isn't walled by almost every Steel-type.

Sceptile @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Tinted Lens (Venomoth) / Intimidate (Masquerain)
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Psychic (Venomoth), Scald (Masquerain)
- Roost, Defog, Toxic Spikes (Venomoth), Ice Beam (Masquerain)

Venomoth gives Tinted Lens, which lets it spam Giga Drain on everything but 4x grass resists. Psychic lets it hit those 4x resists for atleast neutral damage. Setting Toxic Spikes on switch-ins is also an option. Masquerain has Intimidate, easing up pressure from physical attackers to give Sceptile an easier time setting up. It also has Scald and phenomenal coverage.

Both bugs also give Roost for recovery, as well as Defog to clear hazards.

Azelf @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Work Up
- Natural Gift
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off

Inspired by the Talonflame set in the main Smogon dex: Since any good defensive team should be running a Protean counter, there might be a niche for something that lures those in. Set up Work Up on the switch to their Protean Counter of choice, and:

+1 252 Atk Liechi Berry Protean Azelf Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 348-410 (86.1 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252 Atk Liechi Berry Protean Azelf Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 252 HP / 120+ Def Diancie: 282-332 (92.7 - 109.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Ideally, have rocks up. If you really just want to use this against defense, run Naughty to get a guaranteed OHKO on Diancie at +1 and a 68.8% chance to OHKO against Manaphy.

Thunderbolt and Knock Off have pretty decent neutral coverage after Liechi Berry gets used up. A mixed set lets you make the most out of Work Up. Run this to 'support' other Protean users. Don't switch into Knock Off.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Shadow Claw
- Hammer Arm/Drain Punch.

Inherits from Pangoro. Shadow Claw is STAB. Anyone familiar with STABmons can probably testify as to the utility of Prankster Parting Shot, but it also has the niche of force-phazing various Magic Bouncers at +1 priority, at the cost of nerfing your offensive potential. Prankster Taunt should be pretty self-explanatory, helps it stallbreak defensive 'mons that can't do a good job of hitting it back. Hammer Arm is if you want to get in extra damage against walls, while Drain Punch gives you more durability against things that can hit back. Ghost+Fighting is perfect neutral coverage.

Enigami I was actually aiming for centering around the power of Own Tempo Petal Dance. Quiver Dance was a nice bonus, but I was really aiming for a more viable Own Tempo Petal Dancer.

Blaze kick OHKOs skarm at +2 after rocks. Have fun :)

I am going to test out megacham soon and talk to the players who have used it, and once I see enough of it I will discuss with the council and add it to the viability rankings. It is really strong and even without stab priority it is very powerful. If only lucario got mach punch...oh god no.
Well,snaq came up with a zapdos (salamence) to counter excadrill that might be able to wall...Please,time to use Pelipper

And as for MegaCham, I've been testing it, it's not too viable. Its too slow to successfully sweep, and either way, with all the priority in the metagame, it cant do much except espeed spam. I've been testing a ddance espeed set inheriting from dragonite (if you want multiscale),Zygarde (zen headbutt stab is useful), or rayquaza (v-create just for some power). Then there's the speed boost sets some people are using. However, once again, the priority is too much. I've been testing a protean set (fake out/drain punch/sucker punch/knock off, from kecleon), which works with moderate success (protean to dark,then spam knock off), but still doesnt work the best. If there's a niche right now for MegaCham, I dont think anyone has found it yet.

Even though I am a self proclaimed stall hater, this is great. I love the initiative people are taking in this metagame. After going on the pad, I can also see the major contributions of so many good players.

Noteworthy: Excadrill inherits from mega lucario, which also gets blaze kick to be put in over drain punch; which could allow it to beat MG skarmory and levitate doublade (which is a noob set but common nonetheless). In fact, Blaze kick OHKOs skarm at +2 after rocks. Have fun :)

Shadow tag also will always take out one mon on the stall archetype. Is shadow tag banned in all tiers? no. Your argument really doesn't have any teeth; there are a lot of mons that are guaranteed kills against certain team. That in no way makes them broken. Mega Gengar also would take out more than one mon in OU, and doesn't kamikaze one mon, rather, it gets kills and sits there waiting to get another one. Mega Gar also is 170/130, and comparing that to shit like offensive blissey (arena trap final gambit is gonna be scarfed) is rather arbitrary. Bound to lose one mon while the opponent loses one too. Considering I haven't even seen one other person complain about arena trap (including adrian), I would say you are alone on this one. Bound to lose a pokemon happens all the time, just deal with it.

Please stop making statements such as "it has to go." at the end of your arguments. Its really condescending that you won't even allow us an opinion, instead stating that it must happen your way. Please do us a favor and allow us our opinions, instead of stating things like the laws of nature. If you make us defensive, we will not listen to you as human nature, and statements like that make us very defensive. I apologize if I come off as snooty and rude, I really don't want to deal with things like this when they aren't necessary.

Thats actually a really good idea, but remember shed skin is only a 33% chance, so its not something you want to rely on. Its decent, but I can't tell you how it will fare in such an aggressive metagame.

BTW Adrian Marin I will reveal that one set that 6-0's your life if you make stall too strong so pls don't let me down :)
Yeah, sorry about the "it has to go". It was a douchebag thing of me to say, I didn't think it could come of that way. I'll be more considerate. It's like I'm only deemed to lose one pokemon, if my opponent team is built so well that I have only one thing preventing him from sweeping me and then he sends out his Blissey with final gambit I've lost that check, now my team is open to the sweep. It's not like stall can afford to double. It's win by match up. There's nothing I can do besides running Protect on all of my pokemon, and that's centralising. Balanace is also troubled by Arena trap, as it's also bound to lose one pokemon. I just fail to see how it's any different from banning it from AAA and BH. It's a way to trap and remove anyone of your opponents pokemon, making it easy to sweep.

I'm not claiming that this is viable, I just want to know whether I'm applying Inheritance correctly.

Having played with Drapion before I don't like his Ground weakness or lack of recovery.

Since Cryagonal has neither problem, I can improve Drapion by inheritance.

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def (Teambuilder suggested this)
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Recover
- Ice Shard / Rapid Spin / Substitute / Explosion / Confuse Ray

Yeah, that's correct. Be aware though that there is some incorrect incompatibilities. For example, Chansey inheriting from Mega Absol can't have Wish/Protect/Will-O-Wisp/Foul Play (which I really wish I could use), even though a Wish Absol from Gen 3 imported to Gen 6 can learn Will-O-Wisp/Protect/Foul Play through TMs and tutors.

Alright, alright, it was just an idea, albeit a bad one. I concede.

Anyway, here's something that might work, I dunno...

(Inherited from Cryogonal too.)
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic / Recover
- Flash Cannon
- Icy Wind / Knock Off / (filler)

Decent Rapid Spinner.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Yeah, sorry about the "it has to go". It was a douchebag thing of me to say, I didn't think it could come of that way. I'll be more considerate. It's like I'm only deemed to lose one pokemon, if my opponent team is built so well that I have only one thing preventing him from sweeping me and then he sends out his Blissey with final gambit I've lost that check, now my team is open to the sweep. It's not like stall can afford to double. It's win by match up. There's nothing I can do besides running Protect on all of my pokemon, and that's centralising. Balanace is also troubled by Arena trap, as it's also bound to lose one pokemon. I just fail to see how it's any different from banning it from AAA and BH. It's a way to trap and remove anyone of your opponents pokemon, making it easy to sweep.
thank you for the apology.

I understand where you are coming from, but there are major differences in the limitations of running final gambit. Its a suicide. A lot of stallmons already have protect, so its hard to say that its impossible, but this is aside from the point. In AAA and BH, anything can run it and do a variety of things; from setting up to just outright killing a mon, or whatever. In here, the only thing it does is suicide to kill something else, and it only gets 1 shot. Not only that, but if it takes HP it becomes much, much less effective. Therefore I think it is merely a good tool, however its actually hard to use because it can be dead weight and a huge momentum killer if used incorrectly. Either way, its difficulty to use and fit on teams, as well as the consistent limitation on its effectiveness, create a situation where its a tool that is just not broken.

Well,snaq came up with a zapdos (salamence) to counter excadrill that might be able to wall...Please,time to use Pelipper

And as for MegaCham, I've been testing it, it's not too viable. Its too slow to successfully sweep, and either way, with all the priority in the metagame, it cant do much except espeed spam. I've been testing a ddance espeed set inheriting from dragonite (if you want multiscale),Zygarde (zen headbutt stab is useful), or rayquaza (v-create just for some power). Then there's the speed boost sets some people are using. However, once again, the priority is too much. I've been testing a protean set (fake out/drain punch/sucker punch/knock off, from kecleon), which works with moderate success (protean to dark,then spam knock off), but still doesnt work the best. If there's a niche right now for MegaCham, I dont think anyone has found it yet.
For that zapdos set, people will run stone edge. Luc's movepool is so deep that the 4th moveslot just depends on what you want to beat.

MegaCham inheriting from mega lucario gets swords dance and double priority off of base 100 speed, allowing it to outspeed each of the espeed megas (provided they haven't mega evolved in pinsir's case if for some dumbass reason its jolly), and at +2 it nets some important KOs. That is probably the best set, but I have yet to extensively test it. I will soon. From what I've heard, its decent, and I've seen how threatening it is to offense as well.

He said **Rapid Spinner**. Maybe some ppl want a spinner>Defog. Thou, u-turn is a really good bonus
The problem with rapid spin is that its just not very good in terms of movepools. Defog is superior in pretty much every way; rapid spin is very limiting on offensive teams and therefore is not as good in general.

Here is a set that is underated..
Pokemon: Venusaur
Inherits from Serperior
Item: Choice Scarf
Abilty: Contrary
EVS 252 Speed 252 SpA 4 SpD
Nature: Timid
Moveset: Leaf Storm Dragon Pulse Synthesis Leech Seed
It Can Sweep through Teams it's power from Leaf Storm and has Dragon Pulse as an option for some pokemon if you need a quick pokemon but you are dealing with some pokemon who resist grass. It is a Great Sweeper late game when the the pokemon that resist grass have been elimated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)