Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

Honestly, Deo-A isn't great bit it still completely shits on stall, if you have it against stall you straight up win. I also think that rayquaza-mega doesn't deserve to still be banned.
I don't think that rayquaza deserves to still be banned. I also don't think that groudon-p is very healthy, having the one counter of giratina, and not having too many offensives things to beat it.

Honestly, Deo-A isn't great bit it still completely shits on stall, if you have it against stall you straight up win. I also think that rayquaza-mega doesn't deserve to still be banned.
I don't think that rayquaza deserves to still be banned. I also don't think that groudon-p is very healthy, having the one counter of giratina, and not having too many offensives things to beat it.
Primal don is uncounterable. Mega rayquaza or regular rayquaza? Either way I believe its fine, Salamence does Aerialte better and talonflame as a donor is banned

If you allow Sableye as a donor in Inheritance Ubers, you should also allow Talonflame as a donor because this is basically saying "you're using the original banlist" which is before Sableye and Talonflame ban.

I don't think both Sableye and Talonflame will be a problem in Ubers though. Pokes in Ubers are significantly more bulky to tank Brave Birds while Rayquaza only has 5 more Attack than Landorus T, the standard Gale Wings user in regular Inheritance. For Sableye, Pdon and Pogre are immune to Will-o-wisp since one is Fire type and the other has Primordial Sea which cancels Will-o-wisp. I also don't think Chansey would be tanking a V-Create in the sun.

As for Mega Rayquaza, yes it has 780 BST + hold item but I don't know any set that would be really meta defining because Delta Stream in here is kinda meh. I'd prefer -atespeed Mega Salamence or just regular Rayquaza with Talonflame as donor.

Edit: Primordial Sea doesn't cancel Will-o-wisp. Sucks. But Pdon still won't have trouble vs Sableye donors. Or just use standard Magic Bounce user.

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
IIRC, the only bans are Mega Ray and all the banned donors except for Sableye.
Mega Gengar is banned as well because its really easy to set up.
No, deo-a does not just auto-win vs stall. Stall definitely doesn't like it, but they will almost always be packing a counter for its moveset; its just a matter of scouting the set. Against Deo-A, this can result in free kills, but it hardly 6-0's stall.

Ray-Mega is banned by default in ubers clauses. Groudon-OP is unhealthy af but I am hesitant to ban it in an ubers format for the same reasons regular ubers are hesitant. I have to figure out whether or not to lean on the side of healthy meta or ubers meta. And oh yeah, this meta will not be healthy ever, its the most broken thing and thats why we love it.
If you allow Sableye as a donor in Inheritance Ubers, you should also allow Talonflame as a donor because this is basically saying "you're using the original banlist" which is before Sableye and Talonflame ban.

I don't think both Sableye and Talonflame will be a problem in Ubers though. Pokes in Ubers are significantly more bulky to tank Brave Birds while Rayquaza only has 5 more Attack than Landorus T, the standard Gale Wings user in regular Inheritance. For Sableye, Pdon and Pogre are immune to Will-o-wisp since one is Fire type and the other has Primordial Sea which cancels Will-o-wisp. I also don't think Chansey would be tanking a V-Create in the sun.

As for Mega Rayquaza, yes it has 780 BST + hold item but I don't know any set that would be really meta defining because Delta Stream in here is kinda meh. I'd prefer -atespeed Mega Salamence or just regular Rayquaza with Talonflame as donor.

Edit: Primordial Sea doesn't cancel Will-o-wisp. Sucks. But Pdon still won't have trouble vs Sableye donors. Or just use standard Magic Bounce user.
Sableye is not allowed as a donor because it fits under standard inheritance clauses, and both giratina and chansey are total cancer with prankster. It turns chansey, normally a mon weak to things setting up against it, into something next to nothing can set up on, while netting kills on pretty much any mon that can't OHKO it outright. In my mind, Sableye Chansey just isn't all that competitive regardless of its effectiveness because of the way it so easily can turn battles on their heads. Talonflame I really don't care about because gale wings just isn't very good in this meta, I do lean toward having it banned just because of inheritance clauses although the gale wings ban occurred well after this meta was being played.

Guys, Don't forget Mega Ray can run roost now. 180/180 is no joke, and there are plenty of sets that could really be unhealthy with that power and decent bulk to back it up. Its just something that will stay banned by default because imo there is no reason to have it in the metagame. If its not that good than there is no point, if it is good its probably broken. We stick with ubers clauses so we stick with mega ray's ban.

Guys, Don't forget Mega Ray can run roost now. 180/180 is no joke, and there are plenty of sets that could really be unhealthy with that power and decent bulk to back it up. Its just something that will stay banned by default because imo there is no reason to have it in the metagame. If its not that good than there is no point, if it is good its probably broken. We stick with ubers clauses so we stick with mega ray's ban.
Forgive me if I'm missing something (as a lot of people have been asserting something similar) but I'm quite sure that Ray can't mega unless it has DA in its moveset, and it can't end up with DA in its moveset unless it inherits from itself, which means it can't run roost.

I propose a way to balance out stall. Unban Shedinja. Ban Sturdy + Endeavor

See if you give Shedinja sturdy + endeavor its very, very broken. You need status or residual damage to kill it, no outright attacking move could do it.
As it stands now Stall is a joke lol. I tried to make on with some success but I had to resort to using Volcarona just as a third check to Primal don.
I'll post the team below but I propose unbanning Shedinja as it would relive some team building for stall. Shedinja lacks offensive presences without Endeavor with a pretty weak base 90 attack. And its also not to difficult to kill him, SR, Toxic, Will o wisp, Leech seed, Pursuit mold breaker ect ect.

Let me know what you think of shedinja

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Heal Bell

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 4 SpA / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost
- Nuzzle

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 4 SpA / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

No, it can't Roost. The fact that it HAS to have Dragon Ascent to Mega Evolve means it has to inherit from itself, which means it can only run like two sets, either Physical or Mixed. Not very versatile I think. Besides, Delta Stream is kinda meh, but can be useful to get rid of Pdon's sun.

xJownage

What you guys are telling me is that mega ray is mediocre, in which case there isn't a major point to break our standard clause list to bring it back. TBH I think we can, I just don't want to do it and I want to hear from a few others first. If you all support it i'll do it.

Jernmax, i believe that is just too complex. I am sorry, but I will not be a part of another sturdinja meta, with or without endeavor.

one day, inheritance AG will be a thing...

Tbh I didn't really support Mega Rayquaza unban. I'm just telling you guys that Mega Rayquaza won't be too overpowered due the fact that it cannot inherit from anything because it requires Dragon Ascent to mega evolve, which means it's too predictable because not too many sets it can run.

I propose a way to balance out stall. Unban Shedinja. Ban Sturdy + Endeavor

See if you give Shedinja sturdy + endeavor its very, very broken. You need status or residual damage to kill it, no outright attacking move could do it.
As it stands now Stall is a joke lol. I tried to make on with some success but I had to resort to using Volcarona just as a third check to Primal don.
I'll post the team below but I propose unbanning Shedinja as it would relive some team building for stall. Shedinja lacks offensive presences without Endeavor with a pretty weak base 90 attack. And its also not to difficult to kill him, SR, Toxic, Will o wisp, Leech seed, Pursuit mold breaker ect ect.

Let me know what you think of shedinja

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Heal Bell

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 4 SpA / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Roost
- Nuzzle

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 4 SpA / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
No, I don't want a Sturdinja meta, with or without Endeavor. If you think Stall isn't very viable in Ubers, I'd be fine with unbanning Sableye as a donor (though some people won't agree with this). Stall in regular Inheritance is overpowered with Sableye. To prevent it from being overpowered, Sableye got banned as a donor. If Stall is really bad in Ubers, we can unban Sableye as a donor to make Stall more viable, but no Sturdinja.

Just going down the list of Ubers and looking at possible sets (just some random thoughts):

Arceus: Adaptability Espeed looks nice, as does PH w/ Facade
Blaziken-Mega: V-Create is comin' for yo girl
Deoxys-Attack: Obviously protean is strong af but everyone already knows that
Dialga: Mega Launcher is strong, or you could inherit from Jirachi for Doom Desire+Wish. I guess Unaware could work inheriting from Clefable too (takes on vanilla/Aerilate Espeeders, gets Meteor Mash)
Giratina: Pretty much anything that Chansey or Cresselia do in normal Inheritance tbh
Groudon-Primal: yeah yeah it's amazing w/e
Groudon: PH could be cool, or if you want to get creative you could run a Pixilate/Refrigerate set (Refrigerate gives you Spikes, Pixilate gives you Roost)
Ho-oh: Inheriting from Mega Blaze could be cool, as could Mega Ray (V-Create/DA ftw)
Kangaskhan-Mega: Maybe a fakespeed set from Pika? Honestly I'm not really sure what's the best way to abuse Parental Bond.
Kyogre: See Suicune
Kyogre-Primal: QD, Surfthundicane from Dragonite, lots of possibilities
Kyurem-White: Getting Snow Warning/Refrigerate from Aurorus might actually be kindof cool with Freeze-Dry+Blizzard/Hyper Voice+good coverage, but unfortunately you lack a Dragon STAB
Lucario-Mega: pick your poison, this thing can do goddamn everything
Lugia: See Cresselia
Mewtwo/Mewtwo-mega-Y: Protean, Psycho Boost, maybe even Geomancy+Psyshock+Moonblast?
Mewtwo-Mega-X: Protean, Deoxys gives you toys, Lucario gives you more toys, this thing is pretty versatile but unfortunately it gets stuck with a shitty ability
Palkia: Primordial Sea, Mega Launcher+Water Spout, maybe Levitate to get in Groudon-Primal's way?
Ray: Aerilate, Protean maybe, honestly mega doesn't sound that amazing tbh
Reshiram: Groudon-Primal gives you Eruption+Dragon Pulse+Desolate Land, I guess
Salamence-Mega: -atespeed saves the day
Xerneas: Pixilate, general bulk+power+great typing stuff
Yveltal: Sort of like a weird Tyranitar+flying hybrid (in terms of relation to normal inheritance) Aerilate could work, as could a Crawdaunt or Zoroark set
Zekrom: Tough Claws from Char-X, or Bolt Strike+V-Create from Victini, or pretty much any physical attacking stuff

Kangaskhan-Mega: Maybe a fakespeed set from Pika? Honestly I'm not really sure what's the best way to abuse Parental Bond.
Best way to abuse PB is with FangToss/Shade by inheriting from Mew.

Sample set:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Super Fang
- Seismic Toss/Night Shade
- Roost
- Heal Bell

It's not the best, but to be honest any other set it could run would be outclassed by Slakgigas.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Best way to abuse PB is with FangToss/Shade by inheriting from Mew.

Sample set:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Super Fang
- Seismic Toss/Night Shade
- Roost
- Heal Bell

It's not the best, but to be honest any other set it could run would be outclassed by Slakgigas.
Mfw you reveal both of the sets I was planning on abusing before most people knew how to play this meta ;;;
In all seriousness though, this contributes greatly to stall being unviable. Any non Ghost gets 2HKOed, and Ghosts can be Pursuit trapped. You could also inherit from Nidoqueen for Crunch or Sucker Punch if you want to hit ghosts yourself.

I really think ppl are saying stall as unviable before even trying it. Aside from primal groudon being just completely stupid i don't think stall is impossible.
Zekrom does the exact same shit that haxorus does in regular and deoxys does the exact same shit gene / azelf does in regular.

Last edited:
*sigh the downside to not going on smogon often.
Mega Gengar is banned as well because its really easy to set up.
Umm, set up on what, and with what set up? Mega genar isn't even good.

Groudon-OP is unhealthy af but I am hesitant to ban it in an ubers format for the same reasons regular ubers are hesitant. I have to figure out whether or not to lean on the side of healthy meta or ubers meta. And oh yeah, this meta will not be healthy ever, its the most broken thing and thats why we love it.
your willingness to ban mega gengar without any significant thought shown and hesitance to ban groudon greatly confuses me. Also you used I a lot just there which was weird.

if you have deo-A and you're playing stall and you don't win you played awfully.

Regular inheritance clauses are completely irrelevant to what is going on in inheritance ubers, and the way I see it chansey-sableye just requires you to have any of a bunch of things, it wasn't even that bad in regular inheritance, and it'd be worse in ubers.

R.e. rayquaza
a mon not being good is not a reason to not unban it, however Ray didn't really have any switch-ins, which it still doesn't so it still may not be great, but as is it would be useful for balancing groudon.

I really think ppl are saying stall as unviable before even trying it. Aside from primal groudon being just completely stupid i don't think stall is impossible.
Zekrom does the exact same shit that haxorus does in regular and deoxys does the exact same shit gene / azelf does in regular.
you're mixing has the same ability and does the same stuff, you've said yourself that zekrom has a very small number of switch ins, haxorus has a far extended number of switch ins. Azelf hurts offense a lot more in regular and doesn't punish as badly for not knowing the set, deoxys also has higher bp moves in low kick and grass knot.

xJownage

*sigh the downside to not going on smogon often.

Umm, set up on what, and with what set up? Mega genar isn't even good.

your willingness to ban mega gengar without any significant thought shown and hesitance to ban groudon greatly confuses me. Also you used I a lot just there which was weird.

if you have deo-A and you're playing stall and you don't win you played awfully.

Regular inheritance clauses are completely irrelevant to what is going on in inheritance ubers, and the way I see it chansey-sableye just requires you to have any of a bunch of things, it wasn't even that bad in regular inheritance, and it'd be worse in ubers.

R.e. rayquaza
a mon not being good is not a reason to not unban it, however Ray didn't really have any switch-ins, which it still doesn't so it still may not be great, but as is it would be useful for balancing groudon.
Mega Gengar not even being good? Set from Togekiss or something which can run subroostplot with shadow ball and basically setup on anything that can't 2hko it. It doesn't just make stall obsolete, it makes bulky mons unusable. This is just a random set off the top of my head. Groudon's mere presence does not invalidate the effectiveness of either bulky mons or a category of mons as a whole. There is a big difference between what gar can do and what pdon does.

"if you have deo-A and you're playing stall and you don't win you played awfully."
Its just like azelf in standard. We have told you this over and over. It has been agreed on that with the right coverage it can kill almost any mon in the metagame. So can Azelf. Stop making this claim without any support. You haven't even used it, hell, you don't even know what stall could look like in this meta, and how good Deo-A is at changing its coverage to beat every stall team. I'm not going to bother talking about this anymore, since it looks like you didn't read the last page or so.

Mega Ray won't balance pdon for sure, but tbh if yall want it unbanned I will unban it because you think it might help. But tbh the other person who has played this meta so much, motherlove, is not too fond of unbanning it, so I think its going to stay banned.

Regular clauses means standard sleep clause, HP/pp bans, etc. inh from sable is banned because its just as aids here as it is in standard, even with the massive power creep, because you literally HAVE to set up to beat it 1v1. Gale Wings isn't all that good in this meta so I'm not worried, however if somebody wants to use gale wings nobody is going to turn their head.

Mega Gengar should stay banned with the addition of boosting moves

Mega Groudon shouldn't be banned. It''s uncounterable in the regular metagame but there's nothing in ubers that you're 100% going to counter since every mon has great mixed offences and will just inherit a proper movepool. Groudon isn't all that difficult to check regardless it's not extremely fast, but yeah, it has ways around this. Keep it in the metagame

Deoxys-A see the problem with Deoxys-A is that it's power creeping immensely over Azelf. Azelf had 125 offences while deoxys-A gets 180. Everyone were already debating wether or not we were going to ban protean in regular play and now you essentially have a pokemon thats 50% stronger while stall barely got a boost, yes it got Giratina and Lugia but...

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Lugia: 335-398 (80.5 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It's not like regular play where you can use Cresselia and you win if it doesn't have a dark move, Lugia is weak to Ice, electric, dark and ghost. Deoxys-A has access to all of those, not to mention that Giratina is also weak to ice

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Giratina: 416-491 (82.7 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

So there we go. The Azelf of ubers can beat both the Suicune and Cresselia of ubers with one move, that gives it the ability to pick and choose three moves freely. Not to mention the fact that Azelf gets Nasty plot, lets take a look at some calcs, assuming you don't know the set Deoxys-A has the ability to run, with protean:

Blizzard, Drain punch, Aqua tail, Ancient power, Fire blast, Fire punch, Flamethrower, Fake out, Grass knot, Ice beam, Ice punch, Hone claws, Knock off, Low kick, Nasty plot, Rock slide, Shadow ball, Shadow claw, Shadow sneak, Sucker punch, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunderpunch, Trick, Dark pulse, Gunk shot, Extrasensory, Night slash, Scald, Spikes, Taunt, Toxic spikes, Surf, U-turn, Waterfall

There is nothing that switches into that, and none of the moves above are unviable, they all have their niches and makes counters invalid.

16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 330-390 (83.7 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Throh: 324-382 (72.9 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 308-364 (80.8 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-A Extrasensory vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 153-181 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- 76.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Pick your poison with the one above and below

16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 200-238 (65.7 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Dialga: 361-429 (89.5 - 106.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 471-556 (73.3 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 437-515 (108.1 - 127.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 265-313 (87.1 - 102.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- 92.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Deoxys-A can effectively dismantle any stall team and will take out a pokemon every single time it comes in, as you have no clue what it's running.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Low Kick

This set is probably the most effective on, it dismantles all ubers mons that try to counter it. I believe Deoxys-A should be banned by the pressure it puts on stall, or protean should be banned but deoxys is still a huge problem with or without Protean as Sheer force is still viable.

Mega Gengar not even being good? Set from Togekiss or something which can run subroostplot with shadow ball and basically setup on anything that can't 2hko it. It doesn't just make stall obsolete, it makes bulky mons unusable. This is just a random set off the top of my head. Groudon's mere presence does not invalidate the effectiveness of either bulky mons or a category of mons as a whole. There is a big difference between what gar can do and what pdon does.

"if you have deo-A and you're playing stall and you don't win you played awfully."
Its just like azelf in standard. We have told you this over and over. It has been agreed on that with the right coverage it can kill almost any mon in the metagame. So can Azelf. Stop making this claim without any support. You haven't even used it, hell, you don't even know what stall could look like in this meta, and how good Deo-A is at changing its coverage to beat every stall team. I'm not going to bother talking about this anymore, since it looks like you didn't read the last page or so.

Mega Ray won't balance pdon for sure, but tbh if yall want it unbanned I will unban it because you think it might help. But tbh the other person who has played this meta so much, motherlove, is not too fond of unbanning it, so I think its going to stay banned.

Regular clauses means standard sleep clause, HP/pp bans, etc. inh from sable is banned because its just as aids here as it is in standard, even with the massive power creep, because you literally HAVE to set up to beat it 1v1. Gale Wings isn't all that good in this meta so I'm not worried, however if somebody wants to use gale wings nobody is going to turn their head.
you shouldn't really be using mons that have no offensive moves. The only mon that can't 2hko that is viable is chansey.

I have used it, and the reason I haven't faced stall is because it isn'tt good in this meta so no one will play it. Just like Jernmax and I have said it doesn't do the same thing deoxys-a hits a lot harder relative to the meta, with strong 120 stab moves in grass knot and low kick. It also doesn't really do much to offense either like azelf does.

Okay, slow down there, stop say "I" you are not the leader of inh ubers, no one is, don't say I. Also I didn't say balance it, I said help, rayquaza can counter a few of the groudon sets and so can ho-oh.

I have no idea what you mean by "literally HAVE to set up to beat it 1v1", you can do a plethora of other things to beat it 1v1, there are a number of mons that can ohko it, and you could say the same thing about chansey inheriting from bounce sableye.

xJownage

you shouldn't really be using mons that have no offensive moves. The only mon that can't 2hko that is viable is chansey.

I have used it, and the reason I haven't faced stall is because it isn'tt good in this meta so no one will play it. Just like Jernmax and I have said it doesn't do the same thing deoxys-a hits a lot harder relative to the meta, with strong 120 stab moves in grass knot and low kick. It also doesn't really do much to offense either like azelf does.

Okay, slow down there, stop say "I" you are not the leader of inh ubers, no one is, don't say I. Also I didn't say balance it, I said help, rayquaza can counter a few of the groudon sets and so can ho-oh.

I have no idea what you mean by "literally HAVE to set up to beat it 1v1", you can do a plethora of other things to beat it 1v1, there are a number of mons that can ohko it, and you could say the same thing about chansey inheriting from bounce sableye.
Using mons http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/inheritance.3529252/page-59#post-6233775with no offensive moves? More like there are several viable mons atm that it can set up on. Its not made of complete tissue paper, and don't forget its possible to invest in hp since once you are at +6 you don't really need investment in satk. I'm not saying it sets up on everything because there isn't much it does atm, but the fact that any of those mons that try to come up end up as setup fodder. Regardless it takes an entire type of mons, being walls/support mons without strong attacks, and makes them unviable. Whether or not its all that effective isn't up for questioning, the fact that it makes so many possibilities unviable is reason to just leave it out of the metagame.

Deo-A just doesn't net enough KOs to be truly broken. Its not all that good against offense and while it should dismantle balanced, I used your exact set (albeit with a diff spread tailored to KO certain threats) and it just struggled against the priority and the bulk. You and Jernmax have mentioned the power creep is massive, but don't forget that the bulk creep is too.

240 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Palkia: 277-328 (83.6 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 108 SpD Groudon-Primal: 316-372 (78.2 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (standard on defensive pdon)
240 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 260-307 (86.3 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
240 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mawile: 126-149 (41.5 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Not to mention that the set is actually COUNTERED by standard bulky offensive mawile -.-
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Gyro Ball (116 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-A: 1110-1306 (460.5 - 541.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 309-367 (74.4 - 88.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 220-259 (54.4 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 285-335 (80.7 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not to mention the myriad of other mons that check it. All of these mons are viable and, hell, every single one of them is on more than one of my teams. Notably, this looks very similar to the calcs that azelf brought us in standards; the ability to ohko many of the tier's bulky mons however every set has a ton of checks and a select few counters. Your set is countered by any mega mawile running bulk, which is almost every smart one (besides motherlove's gimmicky carracosta). Offensive mmawile wants to abuse priority anyways, so it still invests in bulk. Low kick does less, being just 40bp against mawile-mega.

I refers to the 3 authorities in this tier, or I should say, the 3 top minds. Me, motherlove, and Snaquaza. Have you battled 5+ times a night since the inh ladder went away? Me and Motherlove have. Hell, Ive battled pretty much anybody who I can get my hands on, including battles against BJ and Deathly among many others less recent I am forgetting. Sorry if you forget that this metagame IS pretty developed in itselt. Snaquaza has the final say regardless, but Motherlove and I are probably going to be the two biggest influences on his decision because of our experience, just being honest. If you want to change this, battle us. Honestly, I am glad to battle you because you are both an honorable foe and mind to me.

I meant that offensive mons without status generally have to set up on Chans. Its the same issue with it in standard inheritance.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse
- Low Kick

This set is probably the most effective on, it dismantles all ubers mons that try to counter it. I believe Deoxys-A should be banned by the pressure it puts on stall, or protean should be banned but deoxys is still a huge problem with or without Protean as Sheer force is still viable.
That's because you forgot about the ULTIMATE DEOXYS WALL. The one, the only, the almighty KLEFKI.

240 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 95-113 (29.9 - 35.6%) 0%chance to destroy this stall
16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Low Kick (20 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Klefki: 52-62 (16.4 - 19.5%) 100% chance to not give a fuck
240 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 86-101 (27.1 - 31.8%) Even flinch won't help you
Deoxys-A Gunk Shot vs. Klefki: 0-0 (0 - 0%) I'd tell you to git gud, but you're so far from it you should consider getting decent
Oh what, fire blast I hear you say?
Deoxys-A Fire Blast vs. Flash Fire Klefki: 0-0 (0 - 0%) EATING IT UP WITH MY KEYHOLE MOUTH

DID I FORGET THE BEST PART?
8 Atk Klefki pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Deoxys-A: 334-394 (138.5 - 163.4%) -- guaranteed rekt
Klefki just noscoped your stallbreaker nerd

In all seriousness, I'm a bit on the fence with deoxys. It looks threatening on paper but in practice you pretty much need to nail every predict perfectly to be effective and even then you're not sure to win.
besides motherlove's gimmicky carracosta
YOU WOT M8?

Also, why d'you all say poison arceus is unviable when it walls pretty damn near every protean deoxys out there. Also walls most random pixie stuff.

That's because you forgot about the ULTIMATE DEOXYS WALL. The one, the only, the almighty KLEFKI.

240 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 95-113 (29.9 - 35.6%) 0%chance to destroy this stall
16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Low Kick (20 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Klefki: 52-62 (16.4 - 19.5%) 100% chance to not give a fuck
240 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 86-101 (27.1 - 31.8%) Even flinch won't help you
Deoxys-A Gunk Shot vs. Klefki: 0-0 (0 - 0%) I'd tell you to git gud, but you're so far from it you should consider getting decent
Oh what, fire blast I hear you say?
Deoxys-A Fire Blast vs. Flash Fire Klefki: 0-0 (0 - 0%) EATING IT UP WITH MY KEYHOLE MOUTH

DID I FORGET THE BEST PART?
8 Atk Klefki pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Deoxys-A: 334-394 (138.5 - 163.4%) -- guaranteed rekt
Klefki just noscoped your stallbreaker nerd

In all seriousness, I'm a bit on the fence with deoxys. It looks threatening on paper but in practice you pretty much need to nail every predict perfectly to be effective and even then you're not sure to win.
YOU WOT M8?

Also, why d'you all say poison arceus is unviable when it walls pretty damn near every protean deoxys out there. Also walls most random pixie stuff.
16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Klefki: 192-227 (60.5 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Aqua Tail vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Klefki: 231-273 (72.8 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 172-203 (54.2 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 192-227 (60.5 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 235-278 (74.1 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Klefki? The counter?

Let me chime in a little further on the topic of Mega Gengar. Mega gengar in standard play makes stall useless. It has Destiny bond, taunt, coverage, disable, will o wisp ect ect. The list goes on, the problem with this is that it's not sweeping, against stall team you have to pick up momentum and slowly pick a part the stall team, if played correctly you shouldn't have a problem handling stall teams and they're going to have to make risky doubles, I'm not going to go into how uncompedetive shadow tag truly is. It wasn't banned in ubers, I suspect, because against offensive teams mega gengar would struggle. It's not like in stall where mega gengar could take out one pokemon and it would open up a sweep for one of its teammates, if you take out Primal don, it'll still take you out but now you still have to deal with the opposing Mega Salamence, Primal kyogre and Ho-oh, it doesn't work the same way as it's a different build. If stall is a huge wall then offence is a bunch of bulldozers, if you take out one bulldozer you still have six others to face.

In Inheritance however, this is a different story. In Inheritance you can inherit Calm mind, Quiver dance, Spikes, Stealth rock, Toxic spikes, Baton pass anything you'd want. Baton pass alone is enough to ban Mega Gengar. For example Venomoth. Lets say you come in on a slow defensive pokemon like Lugia. And in this situation you've inherited from Venomoth

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Sleep Powder

You put Lugia to sleep and you start Quiver dancing up and suddenly you pass it to, for example, Primal Kyogre. Ta-da. What stops you now? You might even substitute up with Kyogre and then start firing off powerful Origin pulses, which evidently 2HKO Lugia.

252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Lugia in Heavy Rain: 259-306 (62.2 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Or of course, you could pass 6+ in both defences to Mega Salamence

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Encore
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

Want to sweep for yourself?

Gengar @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Aura Sphere

Eh. Gengar gains the ability to sweep which is very, very unhealthy.
Using mons http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/inheritance.3529252/page-59#post-6233775with no offensive moves? More like there are several viable mons atm that it can set up on. Its not made of complete tissue paper, and don't forget its possible to invest in hp since once you are at +6 you don't really need investment in satk. I'm not saying it sets up on everything because there isn't much it does atm, but the fact that any of those mons that try to come up end up as setup fodder. Regardless it takes an entire type of mons, being walls/support mons without strong attacks, and makes them unviable. Whether or not its all that effective isn't up for questioning, the fact that it makes so many possibilities unviable is reason to just leave it out of the metagame.

Deo-A just doesn't net enough KOs to be truly broken. Its not all that good against offense and while it should dismantle balanced, I used your exact set (albeit with a diff spread tailored to KO certain threats) and it just struggled against the priority and the bulk. You and Jernmax have mentioned the power creep is massive, but don't forget that the bulk creep is too.

240 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Palkia: 277-328 (83.6 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
240 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 108 SpD Groudon-Primal: 316-372 (78.2 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (standard on defensive pdon)
240 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 260-307 (86.3 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
240 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mawile: 126-149 (41.5 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Not to mention that the set is actually COUNTERED by standard bulky offensive mawile -.-
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Gyro Ball (116 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-A: 1110-1306 (460.5 - 541.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Gunk Shot vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 309-367 (74.4 - 88.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre-Primal: 220-259 (54.4 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 285-335 (80.7 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not to mention the myriad of other mons that check it. All of these mons are viable and, hell, every single one of them is on more than one of my teams. Notably, this looks very similar to the calcs that azelf brought us in standards; the ability to ohko many of the tier's bulky mons however every set has a ton of checks and a select few counters. Your set is countered by any mega mawile running bulk, which is almost every smart one (besides motherlove's gimmicky carracosta). Offensive mmawile wants to abuse priority anyways, so it still invests in bulk. Low kick does less, being just 40bp against mawile-mega.

I refers to the 3 authorities in this tier, or I should say, the 3 top minds. Me, motherlove, and Snaquaza. Have you battled 5+ times a night since the inh ladder went away? Me and Motherlove have. Hell, Ive battled pretty much anybody who I can get my hands on, including battles against BJ and Deathly among many others less recent I am forgetting. Sorry if you forget that this metagame IS pretty developed in itselt. Snaquaza has the final say regardless, but Motherlove and I are probably going to be the two biggest influences on his decision because of our experience, just being honest. If you want to change this, battle us. Honestly, I am glad to battle you because you are both an honorable foe and mind to me.

I meant that offensive mons without status generally have to set up on Chans. Its the same issue with it in standard inheritance.
I only put out my set as it's the set I believe hits the most mons. the Mawile set is OHKO'd after rocks by Fire and takes a good 70% from Thunderbolt. i don't see how you can call yourself one of the top minds of the tier while thinking something that does a minimum of 50% to any pokemon in the tier, literally 2HKOing everything and OHKOing plenty isn't broken. Yes, if you know the set you can counter it, that's true. But that's also true with regular greninja in OU and it was banned with an 82% majority. The same thing goes with Aegislash and Landorus-I, if you know their moveset then you can counter it, but you NEVER know. You can go with the "Oh look at his team he's probably running X moveset, but the opposing player can also use this as a lure and use Y moveset to lure in your "counter". Yes, it dies to all sorts of priority but why would you leave it in? There's a reason you have team mates, to support. If my win-condition is breaking your core with Deoxys-A I'm not going to leave it open and in on Mega Mawile, and you're certainly not going to attempt to switch it in. No, I'm going to switch out into something that can hopefully grab momentum and get my Deoxys-A back in because everytime it gets a free attack of you lose a mon, and mons that carry priority usually can't switch in at all.

Deoxys-A is very, very powerful and dangerous. It can run Shadow sneak so you can't revenge kill it, it can run priority in Shadow sneak, Sucker punch and Fake out. It can run boosting moves in NP allowing it to use brute force to make those 2HKOs into OHKOs. It can put up all types of entry hazards besides sticky web.

Please don't refer yourself as the top mind of the metagame, that's pretentious and something straight out of /r/Iamverysmart. I've played more battles than you, I've been ranked number one for almost half the month. You've played 78 battles. 47 of those were wins while 31 of them were loses, I've played 104 battles, 85 of them wins while 19 were loses. I've been just as active on the thread as you, though I was abstine the first couple of days because of a lack of internet connection. But I don't refer to myself as the top mind of Inheritance. There are multiple people who have played as much as me and have the same amount of knowledge Eviolite Goomy, Kl4ng and many more. I have no clue how many Inheritance ubers battles you've played and it hardly matters.

xJownage

I only put out my set as it's the set I believe hits the most mons. the Mawile set is OHKO'd after rocks by Fire and takes a good 70% from Thunderbolt. i don't see how you can call yourself one of the top minds of the tier while thinking something that does a minimum of 50% to any pokemon in the tier, literally 2HKOing everything and OHKOing plenty isn't broken. Yes, if you know the set you can counter it, that's true. But that's also true with regular greninja in OU and it was banned with an 82% majority. The same thing goes with Aegislash and Landorus-I, if you know their moveset then you can counter it, but you NEVER know. You can go with the "Oh look at his team he's probably running X moveset, but the opposing player can also use this as a lure and use Y moveset to lure in your "counter". Yes, it dies to all sorts of priority but why would you leave it in? There's a reason you have team mates, to support. If my win-condition is breaking your core with Deoxys-A I'm not going to leave it open and in on Mega Mawile, and you're certainly not going to attempt to switch it in. No, I'm going to switch out into something that can hopefully grab momentum and get my Deoxys-A back in because everytime it gets a free attack of you lose a mon, and mons that carry priority usually can't switch in at all.

Deoxys-A is very, very powerful and dangerous. It can run Shadow sneak so you can't revenge kill it, it can run priority in Shadow sneak, Sucker punch and Fake out. It can run boosting moves in NP allowing it to use brute force to make those 2HKOs into OHKOs. It can put up all types of entry hazards besides sticky web.

Please don't refer yourself as the top mind of the metagame, that's pretentious and something straight out of /r/Iamverysmart. I've played more battles than you, I've been ranked number one for almost half the month. You've played 78 battles. 47 of those were wins while 31 of them were loses, I've played 104 battles, 85 of them wins while 19 were loses. I've been just as active on the thread as you, though I was abstine the first couple of days because of a lack of internet connection. But I don't refer to myself as the top mind of Inheritance. There are multiple people who have played as much as me and have the same amount of knowledge Eviolite Goomy, Kl4ng and many more. I have no clue how many Inheritance ubers battles you've played and it hardly matters.
So many things are wrong with this...

1. You said "what counters this set" which implies the set you gave was uncounterable. I do say that every set for deo-A has some sort of counter, and a myriad of checks.
2. It is broken. I have been saying that. But there are many broken things in this meta, so the question becomes is it competitive. I am arguing that it straight doesn't 6-0 everything. Why? Because it doesn't. Pdon is certainly as centralizing attm. If we banned things based on OU logic, then guess what? We would end up with a close to OU meta. This is an ubers meta, so the philosophy is to ban only what is truly uncompetitive.
Oh, and isn't this what inheritance is? NOTHING has truly reliable switchins. Protean / Gale Wings lant does similar things that deo-A does, albeit less effectively. Deo-A certainly isn't so effective that it is uncompetitive, therefore unless snaq says we should ban with an OU philosophy (which as of now I think is a no), we shouldn't ban things just because they are broken.
3. Shadow sneak / Sucker punch are single priority, and everybody in this meta can tell you extremespeed is the main priority. Trust me, checks are APLENTY.

In what, regular inheritance? I never claimed I was the top mind in inheritance. I claimed me and motherlove were the top minds in inheritance ubers. They are separate metas. Also, did you really just take my ladder rank? Inheritance ladder was a testing platform for me. I hardly tried on my main, mostly playing on alts and in tournaments when possible. My main that went 47-31 on the ladder was when I tested sets. This doesn't even mention the fact that inheritance ubers is vastly different from standard, and I don't even want to talk about the fact that you tried to juxtapose the two. You just implied that because you played standard inheritance a lot and were one of the top minds there (there is no arguing that), you are automatically good at inheritance ubers. To tell us that the number of inheritance ubers battles we have played is irrelevant would apparently contradict your whole argument unless you again mean to suggest you are automatically good at the ubers meta because you are good at the standard one. Now stop these petty attacks. You know next to nothing about the meta considering you can count the number of battles you have done on one hand.

1. You said "what counters this set" which implies the set you gave was uncounterable. I do say that every set for deo-A has some sort of counter, and a myriad of checks.
2. It is broken. I have been saying that. But there are many broken things in this meta, so the question becomes is it competitive. I am arguing that it straight doesn't 6-0 everything. Why? Because it doesn't. Pdon is certainly as centralizing attm. If we banned things based on OU logic, then guess what? We would end up with a close to OU meta. This is an ubers meta, so the philosophy is to ban only what is truly uncompetitive.
Oh, and isn't this what inheritance is? NOTHING has truly reliable switchins. Protean / Gale Wings lant does similar things that deo-A does, albeit less effectively. Deo-A certainly isn't so effective that it is uncompetitive, therefore unless snaq says we should ban with an OU philosophy (which as of now I think is a no), we shouldn't ban things just because they are broken.
3. Shadow sneak / Sucker punch are single priority, and everybody in this meta can tell you extremespeed is the main priority. Trust me, checks are APLENTY.

In what, regular inheritance? I never claimed I was the top mind in inheritance. I claimed me and motherlove were the top minds in inheritance ubers. They are separate metas. Also, did you really just take my ladder rank? Inheritance ladder was a testing platform for me. I hardly tried on my main, mostly playing on alts and in tournaments when possible. My main that went 47-31 on the ladder was when I tested sets. This doesn't even mention the fact that inheritance ubers is vastly different from standard, and I don't even want to talk about the fact that you tried to juxtapose the two. You just implied that because you played standard inheritance a lot and were one of the top minds there (there is no arguing that), you are automatically good at inheritance ubers. To tell us that the number of inheritance ubers battles we have played is irrelevant would apparently contradict your whole argument unless you again mean to suggest you are automatically good at the ubers meta because you are good at the standard one. Now stop these petty attacks. You know next to nothing about the meta considering you can count the number of battles you have done on one hand.
Agree with this. The grounds of banning things in Ubers is based on competitiveness/uncompetitiveness, not broken or not broken. If banning things based on broken or not, we would've banned Palkia because it 2HKOs Chansey and Physically Defensive Giratina (even with resist). Keldeo was banned in regular Inheritance for that very reason, despite all the priorities. Deoxys-A is perfectly competitive and I think its not as broken as everyone think. Its kinda like Azelf in regular Inheritance, having no counters but struggles vs offensive teams.

With that said, I think inheriting from Sableye and Talonflame is perfectly competitive and there is no reason to ban them in Ubers. Inheriting from Sableye may be annoying but its perfectly competitive because there are answers to them, unlike Mega Gengar, which I don't mind if it's banned because Shadow Tag isn't competitive, especially when it has diverse movepool.

I also think there is no reason for Mega Rayquaza to be banned beside this "using the Uber banlist" crap. Its not Gen 1 Mewtwo broken in Inheritance, unlike in standard Ubers because it cannot inherit from anything, so its kinda predictable. Its not like everyone will use Mega Rayquaza just because it can hold item when megas like Salamence can do what Mega Ray can't, like Download -atespeeding.

I don't want this to become a shouting match. Grurk truly haven't come up with anything that makes me believe he's a bad player, his opinion matters just as much as anyone else here, while you weren't directly undermining it you were asserting yourself above him, that's not cool. So let's calm it down before this gets out of hand, we don't want to give the OM a worse name.

1. This is one of those bro phrases coming from the likes of Pokeaim, Chimpact ect, it's just fun to add like "You call this a counter" and "I knew his spread", take it with a grain of salt. Yes, my set has some counters of course, but does Deoxys-A have any counters? Not even close.
2. It's broke and I believe it's uncompedetive by the lack of options stall have to deal with it, and please don't go "well this isn't a stall friendly metagame" that's what we're tying to balance out, I was bro Gale wings banned as it gave huge issues towards offence though I rarely played offence, we're trying to balance it out and that's not what Deoxys-A does, if you have a stall team and your opponent has gotten a spike or a stealth rock up you've got no way of dealing with deoxys-A. Deoxys-A for example would be sent out versus a Giratina, sure giratina can kill Deoxys-A with a shadow ball, but that also means your Giratina is going to be left at 10% health and then opening a sweep for another pokemon, or of course you can switch out into your Kyogre but whoops, your opponent predict that and went for grass knot, now Kyogre is dead. But oh well, I guess now I can go into my Extreme speeder. Shit, the deoxys switched out. A couple of turns further in your opponent gains momentum and his again in a situation where Giratina and Deoxys-A are facing each other, your opponent has nothing for Deo-A now and has to stay in and they both go down. Ta-da. Deoxys-A just took out two pokemon and his Primal groudon now sweeps as both of his checks are gone. That's how it's unhealthy, not only can it 2HKO anything with the proper coverage move it's also impossible to know what move it's running as of all them are viable. It might not harm offence as much with the plethora of Extreme speed users but that doesn't really matter when it dismantles stall and balance, not like your Mega Salamence really switches in.

OU Logic, im sorry what? Was Mega Rayquaza uncompedetive? No. It was too powerful and uncounterable, both things we could use to describe Deoxys-A, oh and by the way, Deoxys-A is stronger as strong as mega rayquaza, has better coverage and is faster. OU and Uber ban on the same premise but they're compared differently, if something is broken or uncompetetive in either gamemodes they're banned. Ubers isn't a banlist, it's a tier it functions like a tier.

I disagree with Inheritance ubers being a vastly different tier, it's just a more offensive one. It doesn't play differently, it's not Linked or something along those lines. it's just a less defensive and more offensive metagame. Inheritance normal was more balanced than ubers but stall was still too good therefore we were suspecting the things that held offence back (gale wings).

3. Lmao, yes. Everything with EXTREME SPEED can check Deoxys-A, true. They can kill that's fine. But how many pokemon carry Extreme speed?

yes. I did imply because anyone's good at Inheritance they're good at Inheritance ubers. It's not like I have no clue how Inheritance ubers plays, I can think I don't need to battle. Same thing with every top player in regular Inheritance. What don't you think I know about the metagame? just increase the stats and change the typing and you've got the Ubers metagame, it's really not that different

Honestly though, give me some viable sets that gengar can trap and set up on other than Chansey. Mons don't even need strong attacks to do >50% because gengar is pretty frail. Also even mons that don't aren't completely unusable, just like gothitelle doesn't make anything it can trap unusable. But gengar is worse than that because it needs a turn to mega and can't trick.

Deo-a doesn't do much against offence really, but that is not why it's ban worthy, it's ban worthy from how badly it destroys stall.
about half of those calcs are wrong, and I don't really agree with that set too much in the first place.

the mons that check it are irrelevant, the fact is it's near impossible to switch into twice and you need priority or some sort of scarf to beat it without using something unviable or not useful for stall (mawile).

Don't use the word I. Snaq doesn't even really play inh ubers and you two aren't the only two people who have played it anymore. I don't know why you had to remind me that it's developed.

Jernmax basically said what I wanted to but I wass being 10x more passive agressive :/

Last edited by a moderator:
OU Logic, im sorry what? Was Mega Rayquaza uncompedetive? No. It was too powerful and uncounterable, both things we could use to describe Deoxys-A, oh and by the way, Deoxys-A is stronger as strong as mega rayquaza, has better coverage and is faster. OU and Uber ban on the same premise but they're compared differently, if something is broken or uncompetetive in either gamemodes they're banned. Ubers isn't a banlist, it's a tier it functions like a tier.

I disagree with Inheritance ubers being a vastly different tier, it's just a more offensive one. It doesn't play differently, it's not Linked or something along those lines. it's just a less defensive and more offensive metagame. Inheritance normal was more balanced than ubers but stall was still too good therefore we were suspecting the things that held offence back (gale wings).

3. Lmao, yes. Everything with EXTREME SPEED can check Deoxys-A, true. They can kill that's fine. But how many pokemon carry Extreme speed?

yes. I did imply because anyone's good at Inheritance they're good at Inheritance ubers. It's not like I have no clue how Inheritance ubers plays, I can think I don't need to battle. Same thing with every top player in regular Inheritance. What don't you think I know about the metagame? just increase the stats and change the typing and you've got the Ubers metagame, it's really not that different
No. The main thing that makes Mega Rayquaza banned in standard ubers is its combination of bulk + power, not just power. This is one of the main points that make Rayquaza got banned. Copied from the (locked) Mega Rayquaza ban announcement thread.

• 252 Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 356-421 (100.5 - 118.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO & 252 SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Delta Stream Rayquaza: 266-314 (75.7 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - lives an ice beam from this thing and sets up or kills
Because of this bulk, it can set up in front of Primal Groudon because it lives a Dragon Claw from Pdon and 1HKO back with Earthquake. It forces people to run obscure shit like Magnet Rise Klefki in Ubers.

Deoxys-A is uncounterable, but so does some other pokes in Ubers, while people in the Mega Rayquaza thread says "it doesn't even have checks." Deoxys-A in Inheritance is NOTHING compared to Mega Rayquaza in standard Ubers before it was banned because it doesn't make you run obscure shit to beat it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)