XY UU [Insert frivolous title to entice reader]- XY UU Sandstorm team

Hi! This is a new RMT of a weather team, sandstorm!
I made this team because I felt like sandstorm is an over-looked weather to base a team on,

The Team:

Let's take a closer look, shall we?

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
Hippowdon is my mandatory sandstorm setter, with Smooth Stone to provide instant 8-turn sandstorm. Rocks are to dish out extra damage alongside with the sandstorm, earthquake for STAB move of choice. whirlwind to take out set-uppers, and slack off to recover any damage. EV's are in defense and HP to tank any moves from other rock setters while also being able set it's own.

Crustle @ White Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
Crustle takes advantage of sandstorm by being a rock type, which boosts defenses by being in it, sort of like a invisible AV. I put a standard shell smash set because it fit perfectly on it. EdgeQuake for power and X-scissor for a reliable STAB. Sturdy guarantees me a shell smash, which could turn the tide of a battle. Max Attk EV's for power, obviously, and in speed so I can get in a shell smash before my opponent and 4 in def so I can tank a priority.

Aggron @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake/Fire Punch
- Toxic
- Roar
Aggron is just an extreme tank. With his mega-evolution, he reaches a base 230 def and 140 attack. This makes mega aggron just too op. Sturdy is on its base form since it's the only ability useful before evolving. Heavy Slam is STAB and also a good check to fairies such as Florges, even though it being the only fairy type, it is still very common in the tier. Earthquake is coverage but I also put Fire Punch because at times, having ice punch on Swampert just isn't safe enough. Toxic to spread around and make things easier to kill, and roar for sub sets. EV's are in HP for walling and both in def and spd because this is my mixed wall.

Swampert @ Choice Band
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
This slot used to be for Metagross, but I realized that would make half of my team weak to fire, so I needed a type to counter fire but still be able to not take damage from the sandstorm and still could break walls. Swampert popped into mind. With a strong base 110 attk, and 100 HP, along with great defenses, made it a great choice user. Torrent is to boost power once my health is low, which is great alongside with a Choice Band. EQ for STAB, Waterfall also, Ice Punch is for risky coverage against grass types, but if I feel grass might overwhelm me, I keep fire punch on Aggron. Superpower is also for coverage against dark types like Umbreon.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

I felt my team was lacking in speed, which is important, because my team is susceptible to many types, so I thought Krookodile would be perfect, as it's already fast, so a choice scarf makes it out-speed the tier. Moxie is key to help me sweep, EdgeQuake for power, crunch for STAB and pursuit in case I switch into a psychic type. EV's are in attack and speed to help boost power and keep me fast at the same time.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

My team, with all its set-up and choice, really needed some support. Who would be better than jirachi? Wish support and an immunity to the sandstorm and toxic made it a perfect cleric. Serene Grace is to spam ParaFlinch or to just spread paralysis to help my team to get an edge. Wish to pass to mons like aggron, who don't have leftover support being a wall. Protect to scout the enemy and to guarantee a wish for jirachi. 252 EV's are in HP for large wish passes and 236 spd, to wall off damage. 20 spe is to outspeed things threats.
So that was my RMT! Please provide feedback on how my team can be improved, thanks for reading!

Importable:
Code:
Crustle @ White Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Aggron @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roar

Swampert @ Choice Band
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

Last edited:
The first major problem I see is a lack of strong offensive and defensive presence. Even though this team is bulky, your pokes don't really synergize that well at all. It just can't hold up against common powerhouses like Hydreigon, Manaphy, Victini, Nape, Chandy, etc. they all punch huge holes in your team (I'm pretty sure Manaphy can outright sweep you) and your team lacks the offensive power to break common defensive cores, making it really susceptible to stall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)