Insert name here- An LC RMT

Hello, I am Ultimathunder, as you can tell by my name. I have been doing competitive battling for quite a while but this is that first the time I am posting anything on Smogon. Little cup became my favorite tier quickly after I started(for some reason I find it more amusing for baby Pokemon to fight to the faint than grown up ones...). I have been playing on PS!(Is the exclamation really necessary?) and have gotten to about 1700 points. I would like to get even higher, so I am open to criticism and suggestions. Now lets get on to the RMT!

Note: Excuse misspellings because my computer sucks and some keys don't work.

]Karatay (Mienfoo) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Regenerator
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Drain Punch

Scarf mienfoo is really awesome is my main scraggy check. I used to have bulky Mienfoo, but I got way too unlucky with crits and flinches, so I went for speed. I decided to run drain punch along with HJK because evrything is carrying protect these days to try to screw me over. Mienfoo checks other defensive pokemon like lileep, porygon, lickitung, and abra(with U-turn). It also does a volturn combination with magnemite. Mienfoo is especially helpful because it resists hazards and has regenerator, making it annoying for the other team.

Cyclops (Magnemite) @ Eviolite
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 156 HP / 36 Def / 240 SAtk / 76 SDef
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Eviolite magnemite is awesome, with high 20 special attack. You will probably be wondering why I running hidden power grass over fire. The reason is I never once used my magnemite to trap steels because they were never too threatening (which is why i'm considering changing the ability) to my team. The reason for grass is so I can beat out scarf chinchou who tries to absorb my volt switch. Magnemite also provides useful resistances to dragon and psychic.

Birdboss (Murkrow) @ Eviolite
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 240 Atk / 82 SAtk / 188 Spd
Naive Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

Murkrow is a pokemon that needs little explanation on why it is being used. It beats out non-abra psychics which mienfoo hates, and also works as a late game cleaner if threatening pokemon are gone. The SR weakness is not much of an issue because I have staryu. This set is a variation on mix-krow, which I made myself. Brave bird and sucker punch are obvious, and heat wave is for steels, and no one really expects it. Also it is my best counter to Timburr and Croagunk if it is on high health. Roost is surprisingly helpful to stall out stone edge, despite me having to defensive EVs

Mister Dreavus (Misdreavus) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Taunt/Psychic

Though I usually lead with mienfoo, misdreavus leads if my opponent has mienfoo or a hardcore entry hazarder like dwebble or hippopotas. Misdreavus's taunt helps in taking care of the pokemon I just listed, and also prevents annoying status. It is also a good check to most fighting type like mienfoo. Misdreavus is also my teams only setup sweeper, so it is easier to support instead of like having 3 or 4 sweepers. Thought taunt is really useful, Psychic saved my ass against timburr and croagunk if murkrow is down. I am debating which one to permanently keep.

Jewel (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 68 HP / 200 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Every non-sand little cup team should have a way to deal with sand, and my teams answer is snover. However, snover (and murkrow) is weak to stealth rock, which takes its toll switching in and out. staryu is considered the best spinner in LC right now, and gives useful resistances to fire and water. Its special attack is pretty good, so It can actually hurt misdreavus and frillish, the most popular spinblockers. I am running bulky spinner, so recover and rapid spin is a must. One thing that is annoying is that HP and thunderbolt don't have perfect coverage, and so I'll have to switch against grass types.

Hay guyz (Snover) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 104 Atk / 184 SAtk / 200 Spd
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

To answer questions about the nickname, I heard someone yell this when I was at a library computer first making this team. Scarf snover is an obvious check to sand teams. This the bog standard set, so nothing really much to say. One thing though is that sand teams have been running magnemite to check snover, and It is hard getting around those.

Additional comments.
I will post a threat list later.
I would also like some way to fit hazards on this team without losing momentum.

Thanks for reading and I hope you rate!​

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello there and welcome to Smogon! Your team is pretty solid but I do notice one weakness and that is opposing Magnemite, especially scarf variants. You have no electric resist so Scarf Magnemite can easily volt-switch around your team doing lots of damage with its high special attack. It can easily force out Murkrow, Snover and Staryu and even trap your own Magnemite with HP Fire. At full health Mienfoo has a 44% chance to be OHKOd by thunderbolt and Misdreavus is 2HKOd after Stealth Rock with thunderbolt so nothing is safe to switch in. Opposing Chinchous can also be an issue as they can volt switch around pretty easily. For this reason, I'd suggest Chinchou>Magnemite. Chinchou has Volt Absorb to stop Magnemite and opposing Chinchou spamming volt switch and can serve as a pretty good counter to both of them. Here is the set I'd recommend:

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SAtk / 224 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell / Thunderbolt

The moves are fairly obvious; Hydro Pump wrecks things because it's powerful, HP Grass hits opposing Chinchou and Volt Switch means you still keep the voltturn core with Mienfoo. Heal Bell is cool if you're scared about status but Thunderbolt means you can take on SubRoost Murkrow more easily.

Of course this makes you slightly more weak to Snover but you have Scarf Mienfoo which is a good check, Staryu and Chinchou resist Blizzard and Murkrow and Snover resist Grass so as long as you have decent prediction, you should be fine.

Good luck! You can come to #littlecup in irc if you have any more questions or just want to talk about LC in general :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)