(insert witty title here)

I've been playing OU for a little while now, and I've decided to post my team for some help.

1. Rotom-W

@Choice Specs
AB-Levitate
Timid
4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
~Volt Switch
~Hydro Pump
~HP Ice
~Trick

Rotom-W is a typical lead for me. He counters a lot of stuff and can give me switch advantage with Volt Switch if the opponent does decide to switch out. Trick is in there to cripple walls and physical Pokemon like Blissey and Breloom. I use HP Ice here over HP Grass because it hits the Dragons that run wild in OU. Grass would just give me unneeded coverage.

2. Magnezone

@Choice Scarf
AB-Magnet Pull
Timid
4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
~Volt Switch
~HP Fire
~Flash Cannon
~Thunderbolt

Magnezone is in the team because it helps eliminate many pesky Steel-types such as Scizor and Ferrothorn with HP Fire. Volt Switch serves the same purpose here as it does with Rotom-W. Thunderbolt is if I don't want to switch and the main purpose is just to hit hard, and Flash Cannon is for the STAB power.
A Timid nature and Choice Scarf with max Speed allow it to reach 360 speed - nothing to scoff at, especially if the opposing Pokemon isn't Scarfed.

3. Scrafty

@Life Orb
AB-Moxie
Adamant
252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
~Drain Punch
~Ice Punch
~Dragon Dance
~Crunch

Scrafty is a great set-up physical sweeper with great typing. His moderate bulk allows him to set up at least one DD, but why stop there (unless you absolutely must)? The set is just plain awesome - Drain Punch and Crunch hit everything with STAB, and Ice Punch hits the ever-feared Dragons in OU. Moxie allows for more sweeping capability, and it definitely does help. The Life Orb is in place of something like Lum Berry because Scrafty does need that extra kick in the hits, and recovery isn't a problem with the use of Drain Punch.

4. Latias

@Leftovers
AB-Levitate
Calm
252 HP/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
~Dragon Pulse
~Calm Mind
~Roar
~Recover

This Latias works. Over 300 Speed and Special Defense is something rare. A decent amount of Special Attack allows Dragon Pulse to hit nicely. Calm Mind makes people rage, Roar is for phazing out any annoyances or pokes trying to set up on me. Recover is for obvious recovery (as the name states). The nature is Calm over Timid because the Special Defense does somewhat lack without the boost that Calm gives it.

5. Donphan

@Leftovers
AB-Sturdy
Impish
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 Def
~Earthquake
~Toxic
~Stealth Rock
~Rapid Spin

I've used Donphan before, and I absolutely love him. A guaranteed second turn and the ability to both set up and remove hazards make him an amazing Pokemon. He is my primary physical wall and is able to somewhat cripple VoltTurn teams that hope to Volt Switch on everything. Toxic is in here over Ice Shard because I needed something on the team to induce it, and Donphan seemed like the best option.

6. Scizor

@Choice Band
AB-Technician
Adamant
92 HP/ 252 Atk/ 160 SpD/
~Bullet Punch
~U-turn
~Pursuit
~Superpower

There's a reason Scizor is one of the most-used Pokemon in OU, and this is it - originally a Ferrothorn, Scizor has replaced him perfectly. He is, undoubtedly, amazing on the team. He traps Psychic-types and scares off everything else that doesn't resist an attack. A massive Attack stat with Choice Band is absolute overkill, and I'll never doubt the day I put Scizor on the team.

I hoped you enjoyed - or at least wasn't bored - reading this RMT as I'm in need of help with the team. It hasn't been performing too poorly this far - it's actually quite good - but it's still missing something that would allow it to wreck even more.

Asek

Banned deucer.
I would say that Ferrothorn is the weak link here. I would replace him with a Dragon Dance Scrafty so that you have a reliable set up sweeper on the physical side. Ferrothorns defenses arent really all that nessecary as you have the great Special Bulk of Latias and the Good Physical Bulk of Donphan going for your team

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EV's 252 Att/ 252 Spd/ 4 Def
Nature: Jolly
Dragon Dance/ Hi-Jump Kick/Ice Punch/ Crunch

Unbelievably underated, he will shred opposing teams to bits after just 1 DD and a moxie boost. Hi-Jump Kick's misses will screw him over occasionally, but otherwise he is a wrecking ball. Ice punch is to elimate pesky Gliscor and Scrafty also checks specs rain Tornadus after 1DD with Ice punch too. Crunch is here for perfect Dual Stab coverage in OU bar Toxicroak

Another change i recomend is changing DNite to A Choice Banded Scizor

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EV's 252 Att/ 160 SpDef/ 92 HP
Nature: Adamant
U-Turn/ Bullet Punch/ Superpower/ Pursuit
This guy should replace DNite because:
A) He forms the dreaded Scizor-Rotom-W VoltTurn core when added to the team
B) He trashes terrakion and other common sand storm rock types with Bullet Punch and traps Psychic types with pursuit
C) He can Scout opposition ( Be warned: Always use U-Turn if you spot an opposiong Magnezone)
D) Usefull resitances and Above Average bulk make him a great defensive Poke too.

Also consider switching over Latias's nature to Bold and switch the SpDef EV's into Def so it can take Phycial hits better

Hope i helped sorry about how long the rate is though

You have a pretty large Latios weakness. Once Ferrothorn is weakened enough Latios can have a field day with your entire team. Something like a swords dance Terrakion can also rip this team apart. As such I suggest using Scizor over either Donphan or Ferrothorn. CBScizor has especially good synergy with choiced Rotom-W.

Use timid>calm on Latias, it is vital that it outspeeds certain threats.

I really can't see any reason why you would want to use specs Rotom-W, so use scarf instead, as outspeeding stuff tends to be more important than having the extra power. Specs Rotom-W gets outsped and killed by many things while Scarf Rotom-W can outspeed and kill even with less power.

I would say that Ferrothorn is the weak link here. I would replace him with a Dragon Dance Scrafty so that you have a reliable set up sweeper on the physical side. Ferrothorns defenses arent really all that nessecary as you have the great Special Bulk of Latias and the Good Physical Bulk of Donphan going for your team

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EV's 252 Att/ 252 Spd/ 4 Def
Nature: Jolly
Dragon Dance/ Hi-Jump Kick/Ice Punch/ Crunch

Unbelievably underated, he will shred opposing teams to bits after just 1 DD and a moxie boost. Hi-Jump Kick's misses will screw him over occasionally, but otherwise he is a wrecking ball. Ice punch is to elimate pesky Gliscor and Scrafty also checks specs rain Tornadus after 1DD with Ice punch too. Crunch is here for perfect Dual Stab coverage in OU bar Toxicroak

Another change i recomend is changing DNite to A Choice Banded Scizor

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EV's 252 Att/ 160 SpDef/ 92 HP
Nature: Adamant
U-Turn/ Bullet Punch/ Superpower/ Pursuit
This guy should replace DNite because:
A) He forms the dreaded Scizor-Rotom-W VoltTurn core when added to the team
B) He trashes terrakion and other common sand storm rock types with Bullet Punch and traps Psychic types with pursuit
C) He can Scout opposition ( Be warned: Always use U-Turn if you spot an opposiong Magnezone)
D) Usefull resitances and Above Average bulk make him a great defensive Poke too.
I'll try both of these out, but I'm a bit unsure as to whether I'll be changing anything. Ferrothorn has been working great defensively, and the power that Dragonite has been bringing with the type coverage and priority has been amazing. If I do change Dnite to Scizor, I will also change the Ferrothorn for Scrafty because the Fire weaknesses would be pretty rough.

Also consider switching over Latias's nature to Bold and switch the SpDef EV's into Def so it can take Phycial hits better

Hope i helped sorry about how long the rate is though
I made this Latias to be completely defensive, so I'll just stick to what I have now. If anything, I might just end up doing this, but it won't be in a while.

Use timid>calm on Latias, it is vital that it outspeeds certain threats.

I really can't see any reason why you would want to use specs Rotom-W, so use scarf instead, as outspeeding stuff tends to be more important than having the extra power. Specs Rotom-W gets outsped and killed by many things while Scarf Rotom-W can outspeed and kill even with less power.
As I said, this Latias is completely defensive, so I want the Special Defense to be as high as possible.
I'm using Specs Rotom-W because having two Scarfers would be a bit redundant, and the Trick can cripple more stuff. Besides, having the Specs packs one hell of a punch when people switch out into something that they would expect to take the hits well.

You have half of your team choiced... Scarfing Rotom-W could be a choice as you don't have any speed besides Latias. A sub Magnezone can do the same as your current which is rid of metals even in rain with charge beam. Thunder wave and gyro ball is redundant.... power whip over that and switch the nature to impish.

You have half of your team choiced... Scarfing Rotom-W could be a choice as you don't have any speed besides Latias. A sub Magnezone can do the same as your current which is rid of metals even in rain with charge beam. Thunder wave and gyro ball is redundant.... power whip over that and switch the nature to impish.
I don't mind having half of my team choiced. It's been working quite well so far. As for the Sub-variant Magnezone, I don't need it because this is mainly for getting rid of opposing Steel-types quickly and easily. Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball are on there for Pokemon that are already statused or threats like Terrakion coming in on a Gyro Ball. Using Impish isn't a smart move - it would simply make Gyro Ball weaker.

Well taking out steel types should be a priority when run two dragons. Your only other status Toxic... Power whip will still do a hefty amount on terrakion as well as adding damage to Tyranitar which isn't the speedy fellow.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Why are you running max SpD on Latias? It doesn't need that at all, even less considering you're boosting it with Calm Mind. Use a Timid nature with 252 Speed evs instead to outspeed as much stuff as possible.

I see ferrothorn being the weak link of your team, as it just slows down the momentum on your team. I think you should just replace it with Choice Band Scizor, as it checks a lot of threats your team has troubles with.

Scizor@Choice Band | Technician
Nature Adamant 248 / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Bullet Punch / Pursuit / U-Turn / Superpower

Good Luck!

Why are you running max SpD on Latias? It doesn't need that at all, even less considering you're boosting it with Calm Mind. Use a Timid nature with 252 Speed evs instead to outspeed as much stuff as possible.
As for this, it's simply a test set, and it hasn't been all too bad so far, so I may just end up running the 252 Speed EV's but stick with the Calm nature. Not sure yet.

I see ferrothorn being the weak link of your team, as it just slows down the momentum on your team. I think you should just replace it with Choice Band Scizor, as it checks a lot of threats your team has troubles with.

Scizor@Choice Band | Technician
Nature Adamant 248 / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Bullet Punch / Pursuit / U-Turn / Superpower

Good Luck!
I actually am testing out the Scizor for now, and so far, it's been working great, so I'll probably edit the RMT either later today or tomorrow.

Volcarona is a huge threat to your team, at plus one it can outspeed everything on your team, as well as sweeping it. So I suggest that you use Scarf Rotom-W and Specs Magnezone.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)