Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still having problems with the connection test, anyone who had solved this? i have tried over and over but i never get to pass it, or connect in game

Can someone hold my hand through installation of Instacheck? I had the hotspot working, but now, all of a sudden, it doesn't work and I get the "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" error. I tried searching the thread but I'm not coming up with a solution that's worked. Tried command prompt, tried to uninstall/reinstall WinPCap, tried to update my network settings, but I'm feeling like a total N00b. Windows 8 does that to me :(

When I did have the hotspot working, I didn't get the correct network in the drop down and couldn't use the program anyways.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can someone hold my hand through installation of Instacheck? I had the hotspot working, but now, all of a sudden, it doesn't work and I get the "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" error. I tried searching the thread but I'm not coming up with a solution that's worked. Tried command prompt, tried to uninstall/reinstall WinPCap, tried to update my network settings, but I'm feeling like a total N00b. Windows 8 does that to me :(

When I did have the hotspot working, I didn't get the correct network in the drop down and couldn't use the program anyways.

Try allowing it through your firewall.

Try using the standalone with connectify, pretty much self-explanatory and it uses a hotspot you created rather than virtualrouterplus.

Try allowing it through your firewall.

Try using the standalone with connectify, pretty much self-explanatory and it uses a hotspot you created rather than virtualrouterplus.
Not even in the list to allow through my firewall. I'm trying the connectify version.

Esmeya

Not even in the list to allow through my firewall. I'm trying the connectify version.
That's why you use the "Allow another program" option or go through Network and Sharing Center.

Edit: Unfortunately, there is a blizzard here so I may disappear :(

That's why you use the "Allow another program" option or go through Network and Sharing Center.

Edit: Unfortunately, there is a blizzard here so I may disappear :(
Thank you. Had a brief moment of mommy brain when the 8 month old suddenly became grumpy, didn't even see the button at first. Good luck with the snow.

Edit: Sadly, allowing it through the firewall did not work :( Working on getting connectify version going.

Last edited:

Esmeya

Thank you. Had a brief moment of mommy brain when the 8 month old suddenly became grumpy, didn't even see the button at first. Good luck with the snow.
Please tell me if it works, if not I will continue to offer help.

Edit: You're from Colorado :D I'm from Evergreen!

i cant connect to the internet, but i can connect to the hotspot. error 003-2001, DNS problem anyone knows how to fix?
There's so many things to try with DS only errors, you can try asking the IRC dedicated to Instacheck/SV etc for help.

I have some eggs that need special hatching. If anyone has any of these SV's please let me know. Thanks

FYI My SV is 2645 if you need anything hatched

Please tell me if it works, if not I will continue to offer help.

Edit: You're from Colorado :D I'm from Evergreen!

There's so many things to try with DS only errors, you can try asking the IRC dedicated to Instacheck/SV etc for help.
Yup! I'm in Morrison! :) I didn't realize it was still snowing in Colorado today :P

Esmeya

Yup! I'm in Morrison! :) I didn't realize it was still snowing in Colorado today :P
I'm from there, I am not there currently. I'm away on business, in a blizzard, in the cold. Did you get connectify running with the standalone?

What's a dongle ? and will it for my laptop situation?
Please stop asking me about other troubleshooting methods that apply to up-to-date systems, I already addressed your situation through PM and the program is sited on the first page as virtually untested on XP operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)