Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm doing something wrong, but I have tried everything everyone has said so far. I'm on my laptop, wired connection, but with wireless available, can anyone walk me through what to do? I'm so lost lol

I guess I'm doing something wrong, but I have tried everything everyone has said so far. I'm on my laptop, wired connection, but with wireless available, can anyone walk me through what to do? I'm so lost lol
I can help but I'll need more information. Have you successfully created the virtual network? Can your 3Ds see it and connect to it? Specifically what errors are you encountering.

I'm having an issue where i can get the hotspot to work, my 3ds can connect to it and go online through it, however the instachecker doesn't show the virtual wireless adapter as one of the choices to scan

I can help but I'll need more information. Have you successfully created the virtual network? Can your 3Ds see it and connect to it? Specifically what errors are you encountering.
I haven't been able to start the virtual network. My wireless connection says I can make one, my drivers are updated, and when I try to run Instacheck Hotspot, I get the "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" message. I'm not sure where to start to solve this.

I'm having an issue where i can get the hotspot to work, my 3ds can connect to it and go online through it, however the instachecker doesn't show the virtual wireless adapter as one of the choices to scan
You'll want to double check what your Virtual adapter is called. Mine was called "Wireless network 2" so it wasn't very obvious.
Open your start menu and type 'ncpa.cpl' into the search at the bottom, this brings you to the network adapter page. You should be able to see which one is virtual and what it's name is.

If you're 100% sure it's not in the list then this is an error I haven't seen before. I'd start by restarting the computer and trying to set it up again.

I haven't been able to start the virtual network. My wireless connection says I can make one, my drivers are updated, and when I try to run Instacheck Hotspot, I get the "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" message. I'm not sure where to start to solve this.
Okay this is an easy fix.
You need to open the command prompt: CMD.exe in administrator mode (use the right click menu and select that option)
Then enter in:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

You'll want to double check what your Virtual adapter is called. Mine was called "Wireless network 2" so it wasn't very obvious.
Open your start menu and type 'ncpa.cpl' into the search at the bottom, this brings you to the network adapter page. You should be able to see which one is virtual and what it's name is.

If you're 100% sure it's not in the list then this is an error I haven't seen before. I'd start by restarting the computer and trying to set it up again.
Mine says the same as yours, Wireless Network 2, but it is disabled, should I enable it?

Pokemon Breeder Sophie, do you have an idea of why I'm having trouble creating a hotspot?
This error is shown:

Followed by "Virtual Router Plus could not be started".
Please, I need help D:

Since nobody answered me before i have to say it again haha ^^ i have been having trouble with the test connection of the 3ds, whenever it has to connect to the internet it says error but at least i can manage to acces the point, anybody has a solution for this?

Been a few hours and it seems I got buried with the shiny value requests, so let me try again. If anyone has any ideas or solutions, feel free to shoot them my way.

"I'm still looking for assistance in regards to the "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.” message I get in both cdm.exe and Instacheck. I am on Windows 7, 64 bit mode. I'm on a desktop, and I'm typically connected to the internet through my Ethernet cord. I acquired a wifi adapater card yesterday strictly for this purpose.

To date, I have tried:
~ "try this go to control panel,network and internet,network and sharing center,to the left it should say change adapter settings there should be a connection being yours then another connection most likely with a 2 disable that connection then enable that connection and it should work. depending on the situation it might not work for everyone.". I have done this both in the device manager and network and sharing center.
~ Various CDM.exe prompts, including: "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow", "netsh wlan start hostednetwork"(This is the one I get the ""The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.”"), "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=pokecheck key=pokecheck"
~ I've checked to verify that my wifi adapter card supports Hosted Network Support. It does.
~ Updated my drivers in the device manager. Windows says it's the latest version.
~ Google said to ensure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked. It is.
~ "You need to turn on your WLAN service. To do this, simply: Windows 7 Go to Start, Search, and type in services.msc Go down to WLAN Auto Config, double click it to open Under Startup Type, select Automatic Under Service Status, Click the Start button"
~ Reset the desktop countless times
~ Disabled the anti-virus program which also doubles as my firewall.

Things I haven't tried:
~ "Make sure you have the latest drivers for Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport.
To check go to the start menu
then you right click on computer
click manage ---> Device Manager
Then network adapters. Make sure that the virtual miniport is updated and installed."
I don't see anything like that.

~Do you have your Microsoft Virtual wifi miniport enabled? Check your adapter settings in network and sharing center."
Don't see anything in my adapter settings about that. It's just displaying my Ethernet connection, and my wireless card which isn't connected to anything right now.

I have a guess it has something to do with the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport not showing up, but I haven't been able to find a solution for that. Anyone have any other suggestions I can try?"

Since nobody answered me before i have to say it again haha ^^ i have been having trouble with the test connection of the 3ds, whenever it has to connect to the internet it says error but at least i can manage to acces the point, anybody has a solution for this?
This is usually caused by the scan being started before the 3DS connects.
Please restart your computer, reload the wireless network, connect to it on the 3DS, THEN start the scan :)

Yeah it is definitely running because I could see the numbers for both sides all but my trainer shiny number.
Woah, that's a new one. I can't say I've heard that problem. If everything else worked it sounds like a software issue. Maybe delete the checker program completely, and redownload it? Failing that you'd have to report that error to whoever made the program.

I was having that problem because I didn't install the winp...thingy, and then after I did I had to uninstall and reinstall it before it would work.

Now you should be able to start the wireless network through the program without encountering that error.

If you still get the same error, then chances are good your CMD prompt gave you an error when you entered that command.
I didn't get an error, but it's still giving me the same error. Do I need to be connected to the wired connection, or the wireless, or both?

Been a few hours and it seems I got buried with the shiny value requests, so let me try again. If anyone has any ideas or solutions, feel free to shoot them my way.

"I'm still looking for assistance in regards to the "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.” message I get in both cdm.exe and Instacheck. I am on Windows 7, 64 bit mode. I'm on a desktop, and I'm typically connected to the internet through my Ethernet cord. I acquired a wifi adapater card yesterday strictly for this purpose.

To date, I have tried:
~ "try this go to control panel,network and internet,network and sharing center,to the left it should say change adapter settings there should be a connection being yours then another connection most likely with a 2 disable that connection then enable that connection and it should work. depending on the situation it might not work for everyone.". I have done this both in the device manager and network and sharing center.
~ Various CDM.exe prompts, including: "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow", "netsh wlan start hostednetwork"(This is the one I get the ""The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.”"), "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=pokecheck key=pokecheck"
~ I've checked to verify that my wifi adapter card supports Hosted Network Support. It does.
~ Updated my drivers in the device manager. Windows says it's the latest version.
~ Google said to ensure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is checked. It is.
~ "You need to turn on your WLAN service. To do this, simply: Windows 7 Go to Start, Search, and type in services.msc Go down to WLAN Auto Config, double click it to open Under Startup Type, select Automatic Under Service Status, Click the Start button"
~ Reset the desktop countless times
~ Disabled the anti-virus program which also doubles as my firewall.

Things I haven't tried:
~ "Make sure you have the latest drivers for Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport.
To check go to the start menu
then you right click on computer
click manage ---> Device Manager
Then network adapters. Make sure that the virtual miniport is updated and installed."
I don't see anything like that.

~Do you have your Microsoft Virtual wifi miniport enabled? Check your adapter settings in network and sharing center."
Don't see anything in my adapter settings about that. It's just displaying my Ethernet connection, and my wireless card which isn't connected to anything right now.

I have a guess it has something to do with the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport not showing up, but I haven't been able to find a solution for that. Anyone have any other suggestions I can try?"I didn't get an error, but it's still giving me the same error. Do I need to be connected to the wired connection, or the wireless, or both?
Your 3DS will need to connect to the virtual network you created. Thats the SSID and Password you picked when launching the program. Before even opening the stat window of Instacheck, make sure your 3DS has successfully connected to the network you made.

Last edited:
This is usually caused by the scan being started before the 3DS connects.
Please restart your computer, reload the wireless network, connect to it on the 3DS, THEN start the scan :)

Woah, that's a new one. I can't say I've heard that problem. If everything else worked it sounds like a software issue. Maybe delete the checker program completely, and redownload it? Failing that you'd have to report that error to whoever made the program.
I'm gonna do just that, it is so strange just a bunch of ????? where a number should be -__-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)