Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, I've tried the first solution already. Though, I suppose it is worth noting I cannot tick "allow this device to wake up the computer" on the wireless card, but not my Ethernet connection.

Second solution seems to be a no go, but I'll try to reboot as I know that just re-installed the drivers.
LOL. I thought that magic packet thing was photoshopped in. :( Mine doesn't have the magic packet option.

Using the Vista version I can open Instacheck, but the "shared connection" dropdown is empty, giving me no choices.

I've since un- and re-installed WinPCap, didn't help. I also don't seem to have a packet.dll in system32 at all.

Using the Vista version I can open Instacheck, but the "shared connection" dropdown is empty, giving me no choices.

I've since un- and re-installed WinPCap, didn't help. I also don't seem to have a packet.dll in system32 at all.
Try running instacheck as administrator
edit: right mouse click -> Run as administrator

Last edited:
Try running instacheck as administrator
edit: right mouse click -> Run as administrator
Well that helped! Now I can see my LAN connection. Problem is the "Start Hotspot" button is greyed out.
It might be worth noting that when I go into the cmd window and do netsh wlan show drivers I do not see a line saying hosted networks enabled or not. I do however have a brand new TP-Link wlan dongle (bought this week) with the most recent drivers, so I'm still having hope.

Any idea?

Well that helped! Now I can see my LAN connection. Problem is the "Start Hotspot" button is greyed out.
It might be worth noting that when I go into the cmd window and do netsh wlan show drivers I do not see a line saying hosted networks enabled or not. I do however have a brand new TP-Link wlan dongle (bought this week) with the most recent drivers, so I'm still having hope.

Any idea?
I still can't figure out why "Hosted network supported" doesn't show up. Someone else had that problem earlier this week and I can't recall if they got it fixed, but Google isn't turning up anything useful. :(
edit: Which tp link dongle do you have?
edit 2: I'm not sure if anyone using Vista has gotten it to work yet.

I still can't figure out why "Hosted network supported" doesn't show up. Someone else had that problem earlier this week and I can't recall if they got it fixed, but Google isn't turning up anything useful. :(
edit: Which tp link dongle do you have?
TL-WN725N
(Be wary of German) I know the line in question should be on this picture, if it existed. http://puu.sh/5prsT.png
http://puu.sh/5prsT.png
I've made sure I got permissions to write to sys32, reinstalled WinPCAP, got both wpcap.dll and packet.dll in there now. "Start Hotspot" button is still grey though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)