Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
My trainer shiny value is 845, but I'm honestly not sure what to do with that number. :P
You can submit this info along with your FC and relevant data to the database. People with eggs matching your SV may contact you and ask you to help them hatch their shiny and trade it back to them.

Which version of windows vista are you running?
edit: is it starter or home basic?
It's Home Premium.

I've been looking all over the net for any info regarding getting hostednetwork on vista, but everything seems to be 7/8/server2k8

I know others have gotten it to work under Vista though. I just want to not bother people and do my part helping out by checking their eggs and IVs, hence why I'm really hoping I can get this working.

It's Home Premium.

I've been looking all over the net for any info regarding getting hostednetwork on vista, but everything seems to be 7/8/server2k8

I know others have gotten it to work under Vista though. I just want to not bother people and do my part helping out by checking their eggs and IVs, hence why I'm really hoping I can get this working.
If you run Services.msc from the start menu/search is Internet Connection Sharing set to disabled?

Hello ! Just discovered this method and got everything up and running -
if you would like to check your SV value with me, as well as help me find out the SV value of some of my eggs and myself (this will mean me showing you a bunch of random eggs), then I'd love to exchange friend codes and help each other out !

Still not having luck with the Windows Virtual Wifi Mini Adapter showing up. Tried the possible solutions offered here, no go. Though, maybe it'll help someone else at least.

Still not having luck with the Windows Virtual Wifi Mini Adapter showing up. Tried the possible solutions offered here, no go. Though, maybe it'll help someone else at least.
What sort of problems were you having on your husband's computer. At least his miniport shows up, right? Hopefully that means it should be easier to fix any problems there.

What sort of problems were you having on your husband's computer. At least his miniport shows up, right? Hopefully that means it should be easier to fix any problems there.
I was featuring the same error. Though I think part of it was I wasn't able to select what network I wanted the sharing done with. It appeared once, but only once. Rest of the time it's blank, like mine is.

I guess I'll try fighting with his computer again though since it's probably more likely to work on there.

Attachments

It's not supposed to start until instacheck asks it to, but I was wondering if it was set to disabled instead of manual.

Just wondering, did you download the utility on your dongle's driver page? http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-WN725N&version=V2 (I'm not sure if you have version 1 or version 2) If you did, is there anything in there that may need to be enabled?

I was featuring the same error. Though I think part of it was I wasn't able to select what network I wanted the sharing done with. It appeared once, but only once. Rest of the time it's blank, like mine is.

I guess I'll try fighting with his computer again though since it's probably more likely to work on there.
Blank like this? blankityblank.png That's solvable! Just run instacheck as administrator. Right mouse click it -> run as administator

Do you have an ethernet/local area connection? It should be your local area connection getting shared, not your wireless one, as just the wireless one doesn't always work for everyone. It should end up looking something like this after you press start hotspot. View attachment 4426
When I open Pokecheck it only gives me the option to use my wireless network. My main network is already enabled for sharing, so I don't think that's a problem

Windows doesn't start an DHCP server on the new connection, so you have to set the IP Address manually, it's also possible if Windows won't let you share the connection, that you have to set the IP Address of the connection manually (IP Address has to be the same as Gateway)
I'll make some pics later, and put them into the help :)
Okay so basically all I need to do is manually type in my normal IP address off my wireless network? I will try that and let you guys know!

When I open Pokecheck it only gives me the option to use my wireless network. My main network is already enabled for sharing, so I don't think that's a problem
That's because you're only connected to your wireless network. Do you have an ethernet cable? Not everyone can only use wireless, and from the sound of your previous posts, you can't. :S

That's because you're only connected to your wireless network. Do you have an ethernet cable? Not everyone can only use wireless, and from the sound of your previous posts, you can't. :S
I don't have an Ethernet cable :/ I am on a laptop so I'm basically running off wireless. Wouldn't I still be able to make a fake Ethernet connection though? I don't get why you need an Ethernet cable, I guess because it needs two different connections? I don't know, I'm only website making savvy, not with computers x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)