Programming Interested in learning, would like a good starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I just got a pet mod approved. It's not playable as a custom game though, but would rather need some programming to make it work. I really want to make it playable though, as playtesting is needed to see some effects of changes.
Clicky here to see pet mod in question
I am NOT asking for anyone to make this for me. If someone would be so kind that's great, but I'd really like to learn to do it myself. I'm familiar with the basics of programming as I've made simple games like platformers and I've learned a bit of javascript. Delving a little deeper might push me out of my comfort zone, but I like learning.

What sort of language would I need to use? What would I need to be editing? How could I test the results? Who could I talk to/PM if I get stuck/don't understand an issue?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Alternate option is to wait until I get back on the computer and finish it up; I started coding it yesterday.

Anyways, to answer your question, PS uses the Js language. In the case of your pet mod, you'd make a folder in mods, and copy-paste items.js from the data folder to said folder, and make your modifications in the items.js in the mods folder. Then make a format similar to how other modded formats are made (basically c/p stat switch's code and replace the mod: 'statswitch' to mod: 'thefolderyoujustcreated'. Test the results by making a server, it need not be registered, and challenge yourself to a battle on an alt. Since I'm almost done with it, you need not PM me with this issue in particular, but feel free to PM me with other questions pertaining to PS's OM coding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)