Interesting thought

I've seen quite a bit of discussion of TSS in DP (Toxic/Spikes/Sandstorm). However, now that Yukinooh exists, could TSH be a possiblity? I'm working on a team with this, Cloyster can spike and Yuki itself or Glacia (with snow hide too) can Toxic...

Glacia's a good physical wall along with Cloyster, and Regice can special wall...and Weavile can kill stuff if needed. Maybe this could just work...

Discuss the idea of a TSH team.

Glacia isn't anything close to a wall -- just a slow sweeper, really.

I can see Yukino'ou doig some cool shit in UU, but it'd be hard to use in OU with it's lacklustre stats. Not overly offensive, not overly defensive, slow... mono-ice teams and Hail teams were discussed extensively as soon as Snowking's ability was discovered. Basically, what it boils down to is that Sand Stream is waaaay better than both mono-ice and/or Hail teams.

If you really, honestly want elaboration, we can do that I guess.

The problem about Hail, is that only ICE type resist it, making your team very bulnerable for Fast Fire Types.

Hail lacks the type diversity that Sandstorm has.

Hail is only resisted by fire types, and thus as Pyro above has mentioned, a hail abusing team will be mostly ice which leaves room for fire type abuse.

Sandstorm on the other hand, is resisted by three types, Ground, Rock, Steel. This offers more diversity as you have more Pokemon to choose from in making your team.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There's also the problem that Yukinooh itself is just not very good. It's got decent stats but it has one of the worst types in the game - and unless you're Celebi, it's really hard to make that work.

Yeah, grass/ice is weak to like 7 different types. No thanks. I've tried and tried to make a team like this but it's only ended in frustration.

Yuki basically has to hit-and-run, so a choice item could be good for him. He does have a halfway decent attack stat, and can come in on electric/grass/water/ground. Of course, most ground moves are accompanied by rock moves, so be careful of that. One of yukinooh's good points is that he can hit one of the hail team's problems - bulky waters who can take blizzards all day long - with stabbed wood hammer.

I'd also recommend that only 3 or 4 of your pokemon be ice types. Yukimenoko works since she is immune to fighting, learns psychic, and can drop spikes. She also works well with choice glasses. Leftovers/icebody/stalk Walrein could also work well on a team like this since it is neutral to fire, or you could just run thick fat to sponge the flames more effectively. If you fear rock attacks, remember that manmuu takes neutral damage from them and has snow hide to reduce their already horrible accuracy.

Anyway, fill out the non-ice slots with a fighting counter (keep machamp in mind, noguard + stone edge = yuck) and a good fire/rock resist, like swampert, flygon or dosaidon. Metagross eats ice types for breakfast so swampert could be your best bet here. Make sure you have a spinner, too, especially if articuno is on your team. Something to kill pure ice types like Regice could also be beneficial.

Okay, if you follow all my advice...well, you'll still be better off with sandstream. Good luck.

If you're making a Yeti based team, I'd recommend using in the same way I used Cacturne on a TSS team.

Get your Spikes and Stealth Rock down, maybe poison a few opponents. Bring him in on something that can't hurt him (Water types, Ground types lacking Stone Edge, most of his fellow Ice types, etc.) and start SubSeeding. Put Blizzard and Grass Rope or Focus Punch in the last two slots.

I think the Yeti is quite underrated. I don't see his many weaknesses as his biggest problem - it's his trait. Sure it's good for wearing down practically every non Ice and gives him an accuracy boost for Blizzard, but it's likely to end up hurting your team just as much as your opponents. I would've liked Thick Fat as an alternate trait.

It's hard to have more than three (even two is pushing it) Ice types on a team while retaining some balance. Starmie would work well as it's got Recover to make up for no Leftovers in Hail, resists Fire, Steel and Fighting and can spin. If you're making a UU team, Golduck works ok as he's immune to Hail with Cloud Nine and takes on Fire types quite well.

hail teams will sufer hugely under stealth rock, and rock moves in general.

might be good for a gimmick team, or something for fun, but I don't think It'll be anything to be taken seriously.
the sheer lack of versatility on said teams is what makes it that much worse than sandstorm based teams. which someone already said I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)