International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
I hope they don't start for the next 6 hours. I'm not home to register D:

That would be funny if it just turned out everybody here was doing it wrong xD

They should be more specific about registration, with times and everything.

I just got home, so i'm not mad, i told everyone to not wait!

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just posted my question on the pokemon site.
According to the News, the registration for the GBU Autumn Friendly Tournament begins October 12th, which is today, but when I go to the Pokemon Global Link in the GBU section, I can't find anywhere to go to register even though the competition info says "There are no ongoing competitions."

Has registration even started, or did we miss the 10000 limit that very fast?

^real intense. I'm tired of playing with a sprite in the DW.
I want registrations now.... I just relised battles don't start till the 20th. LOL thats like a week. Its gonna be so anti-climatic once we actually sign up.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please do not post about it not being up. It doesn't bring anything new to the topic. If its up, please do post and a mod will update the title of the thread as soon as they see it.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does anyone know how you will be notified when you have a opponent to battle?
It's not a tournament in the traditional sense.

The 10,000~ players who signed up will have access to the 'Battle Competition' option, which is on your menu before you actually go into the game. The more games you play, the more chance you'll have to be at the high end of the leaderboard. It's just a ranking system like the current GBU, you will be paired with people who are searching at the same time.

I like lurking...I mean, look at my awesome post count

I dont remember seeing this anywhere, but do we get to swap between pokes once the tourney begins on the 20th? or does the bbox get locked down?
My guess is that we get to switch pokes as we please since the registration is separate from our actual game.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I actually did get a robotic reply:
Hello David,

We see you are inquiring about the 2011 Autumn Friendly Tournament.

All information pertaining to this event can be found at

http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/pgl_autumn_friendly-2011-10-06/.

If you do not see the information that you are looking for at the current time please

keep checking the PGL and pokemong.com site through out the day.

Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support!
<evan> ExpertDavid!

Am I the only one who doesn't think TPCi is trolling us? I mean, they never gave us a time in the first place, so we can't really put them at fault until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)