General Introduce yourself!

Hello there, Smogon Community! I'm Zachary. I play Pokemon games like Stadium and XD. I don't play online but I'm excited to learn the ropes of competitive battling! I also watch the Pokemon anime sometimes. I love all tough Pokemon and my favorite type is water.

hi everyone o/ the name is Darnell

I've been on Smogon for quite a while now but originally made my account only to use the Wi-Fi battle finder for my YouTube channel. I eventually started using Pokemon Showdown and gathered knowledge of Smogon and its community with the help of Redew. Thanks for your time n_n

Feel free to PM/VM new users and I'll be happy to help!
The only question I have for you is that how do Make a RMT

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi my name is Clay and I just got back into Pokemon. Nice to meet you all :)
Hey highinquisitor!
Welcome back to the world of Pokemon! Nice to meet you too! :D If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Have a great time on the site!
Hello there, Smogon Community! I'm Zachary. I play Pokemon games like Stadium and XD. I don't play online but I'm excited to learn the ropes of competitive battling! I also watch the Pokemon anime sometimes. I love all tough Pokemon and my favorite type is water.
Hello ZachSmogonTrainer!
Sadly I haven't played XD. Or should I say X( ? ;D For a start, go here for the basics of competitive battling and for some information on the different tiers. I sometimes watch the anime, too, and my favorite type is steel. Have fun posting in the forums and playing in Showdown!

What's up Smogon?
Played a lot of competitive games in the past and finally decided to try my hand at pokemon. I'm sad about the restrictive nature of the OU-tier so somebody should change my mind :P I plan on enrolling in the mentorship program on the 3rd.

Hey Smogon, I've played pokemon since blue, but never really knew how competitive it was. That being said i've always been a competitive person playing rep sports my whole life, now that i cant play sports anymore i'm looking to get into pokemon again. I'm going to need help with breeding, and putting together teams. Got a little knowledge of ev training from reading some quick guides. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello! My name is Dan. I'm 23 now, and have been a huge Pokemon fan since my first Pokemon Yellow game on the Gameboy Colour (which i still have!), and haven't stopped playing since!

I've played every major Pokemon game so far, but I've only really just entered the world of competitive battling and am currently building a team in Omega Ruby. Of course, I've dabbled in a few link-cable/DS-to-DS battles in the past, but nothing as competitive as battling is today. I've learn't so much by playing and watching battles, and being honest I've only recently understood what IVs are (shhh!)... So I've come here to Smogon University to learn what i can, and i'm open to your help and suggestions if you have any.

I tend to try and win with my favourites, so my current team is: Gallade (mega), Gardevoir (sometimes Mega), Noivern, Greninja, Garchomp, and Scizor... Not the best, but i'm getting there!

Thanks! :)

Hello! I'm Iron_Magnitude, and I've been playing since gen 2. As a seasoned veteran who's played every gen up to gen 6 (even gen 1), excluding only gen 5, I consider myself to be a pokemon master.

In case you haven't figured out already from my avatar, Gen 3 is my favorite generation of pokemon, which in my opinion, is only rivaled in greatness by gen 2 (crystal was my first game). With the release of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I've just started with gen 6. I've participated in dozens of PSS battles on Omega Ruby since I first started playing this November, but I have lost to all but a few. This is where smogon comes in.

By being here on smogon, I hope to become better. I hope to stop losing so much, to learn team-building skills, to learn all about EV's and IV's, to learn how to develop great movesets, and most importantly, to become the very best! Like no-one ever was!

Who knows? Maybe someday I might even become better than the great Shofu himself!

Hello! I'm Sorara, from Japan. I am 18 years old. Since I was 5 , I've been playing Pokemon and I started EV training when I was 12.
My favorite generation is Gen 3, too. Because my parents did not buy me Nintendo DS, I did only Battle Frontier on Emerald version when I knew about EVs for the first time.

Showdown is awesome. Even though my parents don't buy me 3DS, I can play Pokemon! (*^^)v
What's more, people here are way too good and their strategies always amaze me. Even though I lose a lot, it's fun.

Thank you!

Hi guys. I'm now an official mentor so I'll be posting in this thread too a bit n_n

Hello! My name is Dan. I'm 23 now, and have been a huge Pokemon fan since my first Pokemon Yellow game on the Gameboy Colour (which i still have!), and haven't stopped playing since!

I've played every major Pokemon game so far, but I've only really just entered the world of competitive battling and am currently building a team in Omega Ruby. Of course, I've dabbled in a few link-cable/DS-to-DS battles in the past, but nothing as competitive as battling is today. I've learn't so much by playing and watching battles, and being honest I've only recently understood what IVs are (shhh!)... So I've come here to Smogon University to learn what i can, and i'm open to your help and suggestions if you have any.

I tend to try and win with my favourites, so my current team is: Gallade (mega), Gardevoir (sometimes Mega), Noivern, Greninja, Garchomp, and Scizor... Not the best, but i'm getting there!

Thanks! :)
Hi Dan! Funny, Dan's my middle name too! From the looks of it, I'm taking it that you want to learn some basics in standard battling. For this, I'd advise you go on ahead to the battling 101 forum and look at the tutor list, or you can just wait until the next tutoring segment is! You can also learn a lot from reading the Smogon Dex, so check that out too!

Hello! I'm Iron_Magnitude, and I've been playing since gen 2. As a seasoned veteran who's played every gen up to gen 6 (even gen 1), excluding only gen 5, I consider myself to be a pokemon master.

In case you haven't figured out already from my avatar, Gen 3 is my favorite generation of pokemon, which in my opinion, is only rivaled in greatness by gen 2 (crystal was my first game). With the release of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, I've just started with gen 6. I've participated in dozens of PSS battles on Omega Ruby since I first started playing this November, but I have lost to all but a few. This is where smogon comes in.

By being here on smogon, I hope to become better. I hope to stop losing so much, to learn team-building skills, to learn all about EV's and IV's, to learn how to develop great movesets, and most importantly, to become the very best! Like no-one ever was!

Who knows? Maybe someday I might even become better than the great Shofu himself!
Hi there! I'm taking it as you struggle with battling, so I advise you take a look at what I wrote Dan right above me. Enjoy your stay here at smogon!

Hello! I'm Sorara, from Japan. I am 18 years old. Since I was 5 , I've been playing Pokemon and I started EV training when I was 12.
My favorite generation is Gen 3, too. Because my parents did not buy me Nintendo DS, I did only Battle Frontier on Emerald version when I knew about EVs for the first time.

Showdown is awesome. Even though my parents don't buy me 3DS, I can play Pokemon! (*^^)v
What's more, people here are way too good and their strategies always amaze me. Even though I lose a lot, it's fun.

Thank you!
Hi sorara :D You seem very enthusiastic about jumping right into smogon! It seems you've got a good grasp on everything, and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here! I hope you enjoy learning here, and hopefully you'll contribute a little. Have a good time!

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello, I'm Yuga. I'm 15, and live in Edmonton, AB. I've been playing Pokemon since I got Emerald as a kid, but I only started getting into competitive two years ago. I've played a bit in many tiers, but I'm predominantly a Doubles/VGC player. I'm looking forward to getting to know people on this place, and to learning as much as I can about this game.

I'm Andrew and I've got a decent feel for competitive battling but never made the effort to be part of the smogon community until now. I've only played casually since B/W and I'm on the forums to learn the current meta and have some fun! I look forward to getting involved and registering for the 101 course starting on the 2nd.

Hey everybody! My name is Kevin or you guys can refer to me as Black117. I made this account in Aug 10, 2014 and never posted anything here since because I never had the time to contribute/get involved in the Smogon community till now. Anyways I've been playing pokemon casually since late RBY/GSC and never got the chance to experience Pokemania at its hit. With third gen, I want to say I accidentally found out about ev training when I was just randomly fainting only geodudes and paras at Mt. Moon in my Firered cartridge. Like what Sorara said in the thread, I started fully ev training my pokemon with the inclusion of the Battle Frontier facilities. Around this time, I started checking out pokemon websites and stumbled upon smogon and just lurked in the forums for competitive sets I can use for the in-game battle facilities. By the end of BW2, I already learned knew how to ev train my pokemon, use rng abuse in-game for perfect pokemon (thanks to the smogon articles), and always kept up to date on reading (or lurking idk what you want to call it) on the state of the competitive scene. The only thing I never experienced was battling competitively against others since there were't that many people in my area who had ev-trained pokemon to battle with. The closest I got to was the random matchups in gen 5 but that wasn't the 6v6 metagames I had always read about online. Its was only XY with the PSS wireless functions when I finally had that chance to battle with other people in 6v6 matches. Usually I win most of my cartridge battles in my X and Omega Ruby version, and since ladder around or below the top 500 spots in OU/UU on PS. Let me be honest, I only knew about Pokemon Showdown and other battle simulators existed since March (lol) but I never played was still preoccupied with important life issues. I guess you can say I only started playing competitively since late March and now I practically consider myself above average at best thanks to my time lurking here in the site just reading about the metagame. So anyone who as read beyond this point, thanks because I'm often go on tangents and go off-topic easily. If there's anything else, there's still I have a ton to learn about competitve pokemon regardless if I know what each individual pokemon, moves, items, abilities, stats, rng, strategies, playstyles, etc. Thanks for taking the time to read my first post! :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm Aaron and I've played Platinum, HG, Black, XY, and AS on cartridge. I played competitively on Pokemon Laboratory OU in Gen IV but took a hiatus after Dream World made it difficult to breed viable Pokemon in Gen V. Gen VI has made aspects of breeding more accessible, and the graphics are astounding on cartridge. I have pretty fair knowledge of the mechanics, but I'm trying to get up to speed on the ORAS metagame at the moment. A place to find current top-tier threats in ORAS OU, as well as new defensive/offensive cores would be much appreciated.

I've gotten back into breeding (Destiny Knot mechanics are fantastic) and hope to open up a trade thread soon, with RNG Gen IV and Breeds from Gen VI. I'll probably be scouring the trade threads soon. Looking forward to getting integrated into the Smogon community. I'm also a Lucario main in Smash Wii U.

Hi there

Its been a while since I visited this forum or played pokemon for that matter. Last I remember, I was RNGing diamond and SS. I had abused my sid on SS but never really got around it afterwards. I was wondering if someone could help me out with a few things
  • Does the tutoring program tutor people for XY or ORAS metagame only or for previous gen as well?
  • How active is the community about DPPt, HGSS and BW? I mean how active is the battling and trading in these games?
  • What are some ways I could compete competitively in the aforementioned games through this forum? I read something like ladder. Whats that for?
  • Are the smogon tournaments for XY and ORAS only for previous gen as well?
  • Basically, I want to know that what are my options to get the maximum enjoyment out of my Diamond, Platinum, Black and SS? Feel free to suggest anything! From battle tower to RNG to trading to extremely competitive tournaments. I want to know all of the options I may have.
Thanks guys.

Hey Smogon! I'm Matteo and I'm 22. I started playing competitively in gen6 so still relatively a noob :). Smogon helped me a lot in getting into battling. At least I was a little intimidated (I thought that every player was like a godlike pro that would have annihilated me), but with the help of some of Smogon classic sets and a little bit of experience I was able to climb quite high in the OU ladder.

Right now I'm trying to get the reqs to participating in the Greninja ban voting!
Warm greetings to you all.

Hi everyone!

I have been played competitively for 8-9 months. Now I am trying to learn more about VGC, because I would like to play in live events.

Smogon helps me a lot in this months, I hope I could join some interesting discussions here :)

Hi, I'm Snacking. I play pokemon since little but never really tried competitive battle till the last year. I just know some basics like IV's, EV's, some breeding items but i have no idea how to do a good team or movesets ou even when to use this or that attack. Last year i tried some battles on Pokemon Online and i can say the OU team i made was a disgrace but the NU worked pretty well. i decided to learn more about the competitive battle for maybe use in the real game so i joined this forum.

Hi , i'm Zuccherino
I'am a new user of the forum but much older on pokemon showdown ^^ , i practice competitive battle since the 6th gen

I'm from France , i really wish to integrate me in this forum and participate regularly :)

I have so many questions for you old members , wish you have an answer for me :)

Do i need to to do something to synchronize my forum account with the PS one ?
where is the best area to talk about pokemon metagame strategy , etc

I hope have your help to begin in this forum :)

Hi everyone!

I'm Raku, I'm from Italy and I'm addicted to Pokémon since I first got my GBC in elementary school!
I started caring about competitive battles two years ago, as university student in nostalgia mode who decided to re-play Black 2 before the launch of X and Y. (Actually, I've never quit Pokémon, I've played all generations).
I was able to learn the basic rules of breeding, EV training and team building thanks to this community, which I've always found awesome but far over my reach (and still it is today), but, in the hope of improving myself, I finally decided to join Smogon! (I know it took me long time)
My favorite generation is the second one, since I grew with it. My favorite Pokémon type is Dragon, but I'm a really huge fan of Eeveelutions (hope for a dragon one, someday, maybe)!
I'm also an addicted anime fan, my favorite genre is romcom.

Hope to have fun here and to learn a lot from my seniors!

Hi, I'm Stefan and I've been playing on showdown for about a year, but never bothered to get into the community itself. I'm not that good, but I like learning more about the game. I started battling competitively with X/Y, but have been learning how to play previous generations as well. Anyway, hoping to meet people here to play with, and learn from. :] Feel free to add me on Skype, or message me on here :]

Hola amigos

Mi nombre es mexican jun
pero me puedes llamar juni boi

cuz i'm not actually mexican :^)
i'm korean >:D

seriously though I come in peace with one goal: making a korean room chat :)

Hey y'all! How's it going? I'm 19 years old and I'm from Venezuela. I've been playing since Gen I 'cause games arrived a few years later back then, but I stopped at Gen IV for some reason. With the re-release of Gen III games, I'm decided to get back to what gave me the most exciting moments of my childhood: Pokémon. I battled with some friends before, but now it seems like I'm alone in my comeback... And that means no more "Using just my level 100 favorites". I'm familiar with breeding for IV's and Natures and training for EV's but I'm eager to learn everything else that it takes to be (and I hope this sounds cheesy as hell) "the very best", including tips at team building, battling techniques and stuff. I really hope my time here to be an incredible experience. Thanks!

I still own a perfectly functional card of Platinum and will be getting both OR and AS real soon, in case that works.

Last edited:
Hi!:3 MY name is FashionableLady,but you can call me Lady.:)I'm from Bulgaria and I have played since Gen 3.Anyway,I'm mainly interested in the ABS and similar forum-game thingies.:) I have no idea how to add pictures,signatures and all those fancy thing,but I will change my profile pic soon.My favorite types are Fairy,Grass,Normal,Psychic and Bug.I don't really have a signature pokemon.My hobbies include video games(mainly Nintendo),books(lots and lots of bewks),animals and whatever I feel like at the time.:D My favorite pokemon game is Sapphire(Yay water).My first encounter with pokemon was during my kindergarten years,when I saw pokemon on TV.I.Was.Hooked.Then my father(who doesn't live with me and my mom) bought me Sapphire and the rest is history.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)