General Introduce yourself!

Hi, I'm Gally

I've been playing Pokemon since RSE (before I just watched my friends playing GSC hahaha), competitive since DPPT, but I've stopped for a bit now, since my 3ds has got some issues. As soon as I fix it (or get another one), I'll be back to bussiness o/. I'm just playing Random battles here for fun in my spare time, but i'll be back to competitive soon.

Hey I'm survive9. I've started competitive battling toward the end of X and Y (maybe in the last two months before ORAS came out), but I did not start breeding until ORAS. My first Pokemon game was Sapphire way back in 2003. My favorite Pokemon is Dunsparce because of the fact that nobody expects this thing to be so frustrating after it sets up, but my second favorite is Porygon2. I guess you can say my favorite type is Dark, but the Normal type has a lot of my favorite Pokemon. I joined Smogon mainly to ask a few questions from time to time, and I've already succeeded in posting a question in the wrong section lol. I've heard that there was a tutor for beginners at competitive battling somewhere on Smogon. While I'm not new to competitive battling, I'm far from the best. I do not have a favorite tier, but if I had to say one, it might have to be either RU or NU.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi, I'm Gally

I've been playing Pokemon since RSE (before I just watched my friends playing GSC hahaha), competitive since DPPT, but I've stopped for a bit now, since my 3ds has got some issues. As soon as I fix it (or get another one), I'll be back to bussiness o/. I'm just playing Random battles here for fun in my spare time, but i'll be back to competitive soon.
Hello Gally!
I started playing Pokemon with Emerald. I've been wanting to play the first two generations, but I guess I just don't have time right now. :p I started battling competitively in Showdown with XY, but I'm taking a break from PS! right now. I occasionally play Wi-Fi battles, but usually I'm just trying to complete my Pokedex or something. I play Random Battles a lot, but I enjoy OU, too. When I do get on Showdown, I hang around the Other Metas room. Good luck with your 3DS issues! :) If you need anything, go ahead and post in the Have a Question? Ask it Here! thread or the SQSA threads. If you like, you can PM me, chester0334, Fluke, or TheHoodedGamer. I hope you have a great time here!
Hey I'm survive9. I've started competitive battling toward the end of X and Y (maybe in the last two months before ORAS came out), but I did not start breeding until ORAS. My first Pokemon game was Sapphire way back in 2003. My favorite Pokemon is Dunsparce because of the fact that nobody expects this thing to be so frustrating after it sets up, but my second favorite is Porygon2. I guess you can say my favorite type is Dark, but the Normal type has a lot of my favorite Pokemon. I joined Smogon mainly to ask a few questions from time to time, and I've already succeeded in posting a question in the wrong section lol. I've heard that there was a tutor for beginners at competitive battling somewhere on Smogon. While I'm not new to competitive battling, I'm far from the best. I do not have a favorite tier, but if I had to say one, it might have to be either RU or NU.
Hi survive9!
I've been playing for around 15 months now, if I recall correctly. I've recently gotten more involved with breeding (Masuda Method) in Alpha Sapphire, although I didn't really like it originally. My favorite Pokemon is Bisharp, mostly because I like its design and typing. My second favorite is Lucario, for the same reasons. My favorite type is Steel, because I like the number of resistances and the designs of most of the Pokemon with the type. I made this account a while ago thanks to Showdown, but only started actively posting and getting involved with the community since last November or so. Yes, the Tutoring Program can help beginners learn the ropes and get the basics down. I guess my favorite tier is 1v1, although I love Random Battles, too. Check out the Help form if you need to, or ask one of us. Enjoy your time at the site!

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi, I'm Gally

Hey man, welcome! Dp is best metagame ever ^^ back soon

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey. Sapphire was my first main series Pokemon game as well. I remember playing it multiple times through just having fun with it. My favorite Pokemon is Eevee (there is a method to my username after all!) while Grass is probably my favorite type overall. The tutoring program is Battling 101. While the current round has started, there are some available spots for RU and NU that weren't filled for this round, so you may ask the Battling 101 leader, Plus, to see if there's still a spot available for them. You may have had to sign up for this round to get one of those spots, but it doesn't hurt to ask! If you have any further questions about RU, don't hesitate to ask me! Other good RU players to go to for questions / inquiries would be the tier leaders, Molk and atomicllamas, and council members like Spirit and 49. A full list of RU Council members can be found here. As far as who council members are, they're generally viewed as the most knowledgeable players for a given tier. If you're more interested in starting with NU, their tier leaders and council members can be found here.

Hey, everyone. My name is Keith. If you want fairly detailed information about me, you can read my profile. But for starters, I'm 28 years old, I love Pokemon, and I've been playing Pokemon on and off since Red & Blue came out in 1998. My favorite Pokemon is Samurott, and my favorite types are Water, Grass, and Psychic. I look forward to meeting other people here and learning a lot!

Hey, everyone. My name is Keith. If you want fairly detailed information about me, you can read my profile. But for starters, I'm 28 years old, I love Pokemon, and I've been playing Pokemon on and off since Red & Blue came out in 1998. My favorite Pokemon is Samurott, and my favorite types are Water, Grass, and Psychic. I look forward to meeting other people here and learning a lot!
Welcome to smogon. My favorite pokemon has to be suicune it's a great pokemon especially in UU. I have been playing pokemon since pokemon diamond came out. I also got a copy of pokemon emerald at the same time I received my copy of pokemon diamond. If you want to learn on battling stuff then I recommend checking out the battling 101 forums. Also I may not be a tutor but I can help you out on some basic battling tips and even spend an entire afternoon with you on showdown to help get you familiar with the metagame.

If you need some help with breeding and stuff along those lines feel free to PM me. To PM me click on my profile and click start a conversation. You can also message these users for help. Fluke, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer.

Good luck on smogon and hope you enjoy smogon.

hellpowna

beware of coco
Hey hello keith! If you need help you can contact me as well. If you dont understand dont hesitate to ask me. And sure, if u wanna met other ppl join to IRC channel #pokemon. irc is the best way to meet people.
You can also join the official ps channel of smogon! If yo have doubts im glad to help you! Enjoy :)

Hey man, welcome! Dp is best metagame ever ^^ back soon
Thanks, Hellpowna =D

Let's have a battle sometime o/. Just set a date and time. My nick is the same in PS! (Gally).

Hello Gally!
I started playing Pokemon with Emerald. I've been wanting to play the first two generations, but I guess I just don't have time right now. :p I started battling competitively in Showdown with XY, but I'm taking a break from PS! right now. I occasionally play Wi-Fi battles, but usually I'm just trying to complete my Pokedex or something. I play Random Battles a lot, but I enjoy OU, too. When I do get on Showdown, I hang around the Other Metas room. Good luck with your 3DS issues! :) If you need anything, go ahead and post in the Have a Question? Ask it Here! thread or the SQSA threads. If you like, you can PM me, chester0334, Fluke, or TheHoodedGamer. I hope you have a great time here!

Thanks, QueBien o/

I hope I get it fixed asap, before I come back to my home country if possible xD. I'm planning to build a OU team on showdown, so we should battle sometime =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I just joined. I used to play competitively in early BW, but stopped. I tried to get back in to it when ORAS came out, but I couldn't. I've been missing it for a while now, though, and after someone I know urged me to start again, I'm feeling motivated, and thus I joined! Favs are Empoleon and Raikou, and I mainly like UU and a little OU.

Hi, I'm Gally

Welcome to smogon. I'm sorry about what happened to your 3ds I broke my first one as well. Put it in my backpack and boom screen came off. I learned that I need to be careful with my stuff and where I buy my products from. Bought it used so that probably explains most of my problems there. If you need help to get back into competitive make a showdown account and I can help improve you and get you back up to speed. I may not be a tutor but I can guarantee to help out when I can. PM me or VM me if you need help.

My favorite normal type is regigigas. Regigigas sadly is complete trash though and his bad ability slows down his potential which is depressing. I also like the RU tier. The place to post for getting tutored is the battling 101 place. However, I can also help you out and spend a whole afternoon helping you out by creating teams and helping you get familiar with the metagame. You can PM me or VM me.

Enjoy smogon guys.

Edmontium welcome to smogon. My friend Christian likes the UU tier a lot. I also like UU but I personally can shine better in the RU tier. I'm not a big fan of the OU tier however I can play in the OU tier if I have to. If you wanna improve your battling skills then PM me or VM and I can help you out. You can also check out the battling 101 forum. Hope you enjoy smogon.

Hi I just joined.

I started playing Pokemon in Gen III. I missed Gen IV and XY. I started playing Pokemon again recently with Alpha Sapphire.
Until now I've only played casually. I'm interested in learning more about competitive Pokemon so I joined.

Hey there. Just signed up, even though I've been reading up on the forums and watching the Smogon community from outside for the last three years.

I play Pokémon since Yellow came out a while ago. I'm not THAT old, come on. Sometimes I give a try on the competitive games, but I usually get my ass handed to myself by someone with a nickname in Kanji.

One more os Brazil's typical ape to have a laugh and learn a whole lot with you guys, hopefully now as part of Smogon's amazing community.

Hi I just joined.

I started playing Pokemon in Gen III. I missed Gen IV and XY. I started playing Pokemon again recently with Alpha Sapphire.
Until now I've only played casually. I'm interested in learning more about competitive Pokemon so I joined.
Hey welcome to smogon. Generation 4 was a great generation so you should pick up a few games from that generation if you can. My first Pokemon games were emerald and diamond and those were great games to be honest. You said you wanted to get into competitive battling. The place to go would be the battling 101 forum. I can also help you out to and we can actually spend a couple hours on showdown to help you get familiar with everything.
Hey there. Just signed up, even though I've been reading up on the forums and watching the Smogon community from outside for the last three years.

I play Pokémon since Yellow came out a while ago. I'm not THAT old, come on. Sometimes I give a try on the competitive games, but I usually get my ass handed to myself by someone with a nickname in Kanji.

One more os Brazil's typical ape to have a laugh and learn a whole lot with you guys, hopefully now as part of Smogon's amazing community.
I'm actually still playing through Pokemon yellow. My first Pokemon games were emerald and diamond. I can help you on improving your battling skills also so you can get revenge on that user. I remember I joined after reading the strategy dex a lot on smogon. Wish I would have known about IVs and EVs and rng abuse and stuff back then.

If you guys want to take me up on my offer or just wanna talk message me or PM me. You can also talk to these people Fluke, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer. Enjoy your time on smogon.

hellpowna

beware of coco
Thanks, Hellpowna =D

Let's have a battle sometime o/. Just set a date and time. My nick is the same in PS! (Gally).
sure why not! you often find me on smogtours as hellpowna :)
type smogtours.psim.us on google

hey welcome man :)
if you need help hellpowna boy is here for everything

Hey there!
I'm Lance_VGC in showdown. As my name shows, I mainly play VGC. I've played Pokemon since 2000 but it wasn't until recently when I've definitely decided to concentrate in the competitive world (about a year ago).

I really want to have fun with all of you and improve my skills ASAP :)
I'm interested in the apprentice program.

QueBien

Hey there!
I'm Lance_VGC in showdown. As my name shows, I mainly play VGC. I've played Pokemon since 2000 but it wasn't until recently when I've definitely decided to concentrate in the competitive world (about a year ago).

I really want to have fun with all of you and improve my skills ASAP :)
I'm interested in the apprentice program.
Hello Lance_VGC!
Nice to meet you! VGC happens to be one of the few tiers I have not played. Maybe I will sometime, as it does seem like an interesting tier to me. 15 years is a long time playing Pokemon! :o I've only played for maybe four or five years. :p I also started playing competitively when my friend got me started with Showdown a little more than a year ago. Go here for some information on the Battling 101 Program, and I believe you can sign up for the next round (Round 98) soon. I hope you have fun exploring Smogon!

Hello Lance_VGC!
Nice to meet you! VGC happens to be one of the few tiers I have not played. Maybe I will sometime, as it does seem like an interesting tier to me. 15 years is a long time playing Pokemon! :o I've only played for maybe four or five years. :p I also started playing competitively when my friend got me started with Showdown a little more than a year ago. Go here for some information on the Battling 101 Program, and I believe you can sign up for the next round (Round 98) soon. I hope you have fun exploring Smogon!
Nice to meet you! :)
Pokemon Yellow was my first video game (after Toy Story 2 jajaj) so it's been a long while since my first experience in Pokemon. It just remains one problem; when I try to enter in the forum of 101 program it seems that I don't have permission :s

What can I do?

Thanks for your attention.:)

QueBien

Nice to meet you! :)
Pokemon Yellow was my first video game (after Toy Story 2 jajaj) so it's been a long while since my first experience in Pokemon. It just remains one problem; when I try to enter in the forum of 101 program it seems that I don't have permission :s

What can I do?

Thanks for your attention.:)
I think Round 97 sign-ups have ended. You should be able to sign up for Round 98 in a few days.

Thanks Chester and Hellpowna, I'll PM you guys. Also need help with team rating and such.

I'm pretty sure I'll be pwning some ass in a while of practice with the likes of you. Thanks again

Also: New Feraligatr profile pics suggestions are welcome

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I'm SwampySwampert. I used to play Emerald, and then moved on to Black 2. I'm now more of an X/OR guy. My Showdown name is htth.
Welcome :) that means oras is pretty nostalgic to you yeah? Have you ever considered trying the other games or just not interested? I personally only disliked pearl so I can pretty much recommend everything else! If you need help fitting in here check out the help form thread in this forum but if you don't need anything... Have fun! :)

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys I just joined. I used to play competitively in early BW, but stopped. I tried to get back in to it when ORAS came out, but I couldn't. I've been missing it for a while now, though, and after someone I know urged me to start again, I'm feeling motivated, and thus I joined! Favs are Empoleon and Raikou, and I mainly like UU and a little OU.
BW wasn't a very good generation in competitive play unless you were in lower tiers imo. OU felt really, really stale. I love Empoleon for its unique typing and it is definitely one of the better support Pokemon in UU. If you're interested in getting more involved with UU, this is the UU subforum on Smogon. Some top players that you may try asking for advice would include Sam and Hikari, the UU tier leaders, and veteran players such as IronBullet93 and Ernesto. I know a few things about UU, but probably not enough to really help you get started with the tier in terms of battling. Hopefully you enjoy your stay and have fun with the UU tier :)

Hi, I'm Charming-Mander. I've been playing pokemon since I was a kid. However, I have just now started looking into competitive play. This seems to be the place for competitive pokemon, so here I am. :)

Hi, I'm Charming-Mander. I've been playing pokemon since I was a kid. However, I have just now started looking into competitive play. This seems to be the place for competitive pokemon, so here I am. :)
Hey, welcome to Smogon! I'm curious what your first Pokémon game was. Mine was Yellow, and I haven't stopped playing ever since.
Are you completely blanco, or do you know something about competitive play already? If you have any quick questions you can always ask me. I'm pretty much into the competitive side of Pokémon, especially breeding and battling.

If you have any other questions regarding Pokemon or Smogon, you can always ask chester0334, QueBien or TheHoodedGamer about them. Trust me, there guys know a LOT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)