General Introduce yourself!

hey folks. i'm rose from germany, 23yo and quite a noob in competitive battling.
i don't understand the tier-lists and that's why i am here, and to start playing competitive ofc.
most of the time i try to get some pokébabys with the perfect stats.

besides videogames i am a comic and animation drawer - but i don't have much for fanart.
my english skills changes from day to day, maybe depending on the amount of coffee i had the day, so excuse some typos and the usage of wrong words </3

funfact: i do like a few legendary pokémon, but i hate to use any of them in battling. not even vs. npc. i rly hate legendarys in battles..

hey folks. i'm rose from germany, 23yo and quite a noob in competitive battling.
i don't understand the tier-lists and that's why i am here, and to start playing competitive ofc.

besides videogames i am a comic and animation drawer - but i don't have much for fanart.
my english skills changes from day to day, maybe depending on the amount of coffee i had the day, so excuse some typos and the usage of wrong words </3

funfact: i do like a few legendary pokémon, but i hate to use any of them in battling. not even vs. npc. i rly hate legendarys in battles..
Welcome Rose! I'm new as well, also not too great at competitive but love breeding and such too! Just got my first real shiny today haha--took me 21 hours! @.@ I don't like legendaries either </3 I hate to say, I'd rather have a line of Eevee-lutions in their adorable, IV/EV perfection lookin' adorable and still kickin' butt. :) I speak conversational Japanese and I'm learning Hindi but sadly I don't know much German! :(

Anyway, welcome :) I really like this place so far--I'm sure you will too!

Sup Rose, welcome to Smogon. The tier list is really easy! It makes every Pokemon shine in their own unique way. Let me know if you need any help understanding it.

If you have any questions regarding Smogon, feel free to PM me, Chesty or QueBien about them! Or just ask them here, if you want to be boring just kidding x

thanks. just found the tier faq and i begin to understand. i thought the official way to play pokémon is with those lists. i played pokémon 15years as a casual and i was so confused when i heared about the tier lists and when i tried to learn how to breed a perfect pokémon! but i guess i will get into it when i keep on reading the next days ;D

I'm lazy, so I'll just copy and paste the guidelines from the main thread. :s
  • Your favourite Pokemon-Sceptile (my other 4 favorites in order would probably be Charizard, Latias, Blaziken, and Lugia) :3

• Are you on PS?-I assume this means PokeShowdown? If so, then yes. :3

• What you plan to do here-I'm pretty new to competitive battling and I'm horrid at team building, so I wanna learn how to become better competitive-wise

• Things you might need help with-Team building, deeefinitely team building

• A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that-Sure, I'm female (although you can refer to me as whatever you want :3), and I play other games such as Minecraft (my main community) and Town of Salem. I use emoticons a lot so prepare to see a bunch of those. I try not to be too serious in my posts to lighten up the mood sometimes. I tend to rage easily but I quickly cool off, so if you catch me in one of my "moments" then you better grab your popcorn before it ends! :3 I might sound a bit harsh in my posts and in the event that I do I apologize for that. I'm used to XenForo forums so I should (hopefully) be able to navigate around here easily.

• Favourite Pokemon games-Pokemon Sapphire, PMD Explorers of Sky :3 I don't have a 3DS so I haven't been able to play any of the Gen 6 games, but my brother has Pokemon Y/Omega Ruby so I catch glances of him playing from time to time. ^.^

thanks. just found the tier faq and i begin to understand. i thought the official way to play pokémon is with those lists. i played pokémon 15years as a casual and i was so confused when i heared about the tier lists and when i tried to learn how to breed a perfect pokémon! but i guess i will get into it when i keep on reading the next days ;D
Yeah, you'll definitely get into it. And when you do, Pokemon becomes even more interesting!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
I'm lazy, so I'll just copy and paste the guidelines from the main thread. :s
  • Your favourite Pokemon-Sceptile (my other 4 favorites in order would probably be Charizard, Latias, Blaziken, and Lugia) :3

• Are you on PS?-I assume this means PokeShowdown? If so, then yes. :3

• What you plan to do here-I'm pretty new to competitive battling and I'm horrid at team building, so I wanna learn how to become better competitive-wise

• Things you might need help with-Team building, deeefinitely team building

• A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that-Sure, I'm female (although you can refer to me as whatever you want :3), and I play other games such as Minecraft (my main community) and Town of Salem. I use emoticons a lot so prepare to see a bunch of those. I try not to be too serious in my posts to lighten up the mood sometimes. I tend to rage easily but I quickly cool off, so if you catch me in one of my "moments" then you better grab your popcorn before it ends! :3 I might sound a bit harsh in my posts and in the event that I do I apologize for that. I'm used to XenForo forums so I should (hopefully) be able to navigate around here easily.

• Favourite Pokemon games-Pokemon Sapphire, PMD Explorers of Sky :3 I don't have a 3DS so I haven't been able to play any of the Gen 6 games, but my brother has Pokemon Y/Omega Ruby so I catch glances of him playing from time to time. ^.^
Hi ItzzGaming!
Nice to meet you! My favorite Pokemon would most likely be Bisharp, but Lucario and Genesect are not far off. I guess I like Pokemon with good aesthetics and typings, and less so stats. Yes, PS does mean Pokemon Showdown. I don't often go on main nowadays, but I still play a lot of Monotype. Does the Battling 101 Program sound interesting to you? If you sign up, a tutor will help you to improve your competitive skills, so you can learn a lot from joining the program. You can also visit the Competitive Tutoring room in PS to get some quick teambuilding help from the community. Another thing I suggest doing to improve teambuilding skills is taking a look at past Rate My Team threads to get a feel for how some Pokemon work better together than others. A little about me: I play a lot of other games, including Minecraft (although only on the Xbox) and CoD. My favorite game in the Pokemon franchise is Emerald, as it was the game I started playing Pokemon with. Anyway, if you need any help during your stay here at Smogon, feel free to post in the Simple Questions threads. Have a great time here!

P.S. Join our IRC chat if you want to hang out with other new users!

Hi ItzzGaming!
Nice to meet you! My favorite Pokemon would most likely be Bisharp, but Lucario and Genesect are not far off. I guess I like Pokemon with good aesthetics and typings, and less so stats. Yes, PS does mean Pokemon Showdown. I don't often go on main nowadays, but I still play a lot of Monotype. Does the Battling 101 Program sound interesting to you? If you sign up, a tutor will help you to improve your competitive skills, so you can learn a lot from joining the program. You can also visit the Competitive Tutoring room in PS to get some quick teambuilding help from the community. Another thing I suggest doing to improve teambuilding skills is taking a look at past Rate My Team threads to get a feel for how some Pokemon work better together than others. A little about me: I play a lot of other games, including Minecraft (although only on the Xbox) and CoD. My favorite game in the Pokemon franchise is Emerald, as it was the game I started playing Pokemon with. Anyway, if you need any help during your stay here at Smogon, feel free to post in the Simple Questions threads. Have a great time here!

P.S. Join our IRC chat if you want to hang out with other new users!
;o nice to meet you too! Bisharp is amazing, I've used it a couple times before+the typing is awesome. Lucario is also one of my favorites, not far from my top 5. :3 Battling 101 seems pretty cool, is that on PS or is there a thread/forum section on that?

I'm actually making a thread for my Kyogre Uber team right now in RMT, after that I'll probably browse through some of the OU teams considering I want to build a singles Mega Sceptile team. :S Thanks for the reply!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
;o nice to meet you too! Bisharp is amazing, I've used it a couple times before+the typing is awesome. Lucario is also one of my favorites, not far from my top 5. :3 Battling 101 seems pretty cool, is that on PS or is there a thread/forum section on that?

I'm actually making a thread for my Kyogre Uber team right now in RMT, after that I'll probably browse through some of the OU teams considering I want to build a singles Mega Sceptile team. :S Thanks for the reply!
Yep, you can find the Battling 101 forum right here. You can sign up when the thread for the next round opens, but make sure to follow the rules when you post. Have fun!

Toonchu EU Switzerland

Banned deucer.
Hello there! I'm Toonchu, fairly new to Smogon. And I'm here to share info on me, or introduce myself.

•What's your favorite Pokèmon?
>Delibird. Meowth 2nd.

•Showdown?
>Yep. UN is kikurash. Mostly on LC tier, maybe OU and UU sometimes.

•Personal Info?
>Male, lives in Zuërich, Switzerland, is named Dillon, and hates Brussel Sprouts.

•What do you plan on doing?
>Team building, helping shape the Meta (hopefully), and battling.

•You need help on something?
>Breeding, EV and IV training, and Team Building

•Fav Games?
>Pokemon Ruby, Crystal, Yellow, Platinum, and Y.

That's kind of it.

Last edited:
Hello there! I'm Toonchu, fairly new to Smogon. And I'm here to share info on me, or introduce myself.

•What's your favorite Pokèmon?
>Delibird.

•Showdown?
>Yep. UN is kikurash

•Personal Info?
>Male, lives in Zuërich, Switzerland, is named Dillon, and hates Brussel Sprouts.

•What do you plan on doing?
>Team building, helping shape the Meta (hopefully), and battling.

•You need help on something?
>Breeding, EV and IV training, and Team Building

•Fav Games?
>Pokemon Ruby, Crystal, Yellow, Platinum, and Y.

That's kind of it.
Sup Toonchu, welcome. As for Breeding, EV and IV training there are a lot of guides out there. And there is also a team building section. I'll provide you with some useful links that might appeal to you.
The last one is pretty interesting. People there are kind enough to rate your teams and are willing to help you improve them. Make sure to read the rules first, though.

If you have any general question for now, feel free to ask them here. Or just PM me, Chesty or QueBien about them. Be sure to enjoy your stay!

Toonchu EU Switzerland

Banned deucer.
Sup Toonchu, welcome. As for Breeding, EV and IV training there are a lot of guides out there. And there is also a team building section. I'll provide you with some useful links that might appeal to you.
The last one is pretty interesting. People there are kind enough to rate your teams and are willing to help you improve them. Make sure to read the rules first, though.

If you have any general question for now, feel free to ask them here. Or just PM me, Chesty or QueBien about them. Be sure to enjoy your stay!
Cool dude! Will definitely check this stuff out!

Hello everyone! o/

I'm Scarf Nidorino. I've been playing Pokémon competitively since X/Y and I'm getting back to Singles now, after playing Doubles (VGC) for a while. :)
My favourite Mon is Aromatisse. I bred one after I read about the Wish Passer Set in early X/Y and I fell in love with it immediately!^^ But I also like Bronzong, Vileplume and Jumpluff a lot! I play on PS, but I only play the lower tiers, mainly RU. To be honest, I'm mainly using the forums as a resource for information, but I'm also looking forward to join discussions eventually.
I don't think I need much help, but since I struggle with "dealing with threads", I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what moves / types are indispensable in the current RU metagame.^^'
My all time favourite Pokémon games are DPP. Especially Platinum. :3
Maybe I should mention that I still have some problems with the english language, so... sorry if I'm making any mistakes^^'

Hello everyone! o/

I'm Scarf Nidorino. I've been playing Pokémon competitively since X/Y and I'm getting back to Singles now, after playing Doubles (VGC) for a while. :)
My favourite Mon is Aromatisse. I bred one after I read about the Wish Passer Set in early X/Y and I fell in love with it immediately!^^ But I also like Bronzong, Vileplume and Jumpluff a lot! I play on PS, but I only play the lower tiers, mainly RU. To be honest, I'm mainly using the forums as a resource for information, but I'm also looking forward to join discussions eventually.
I don't think I need much help, but since I struggle with "dealing with threads", I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what moves / types are indispensable in the current RU metagame.^^'
My all time favourite Pokémon games are DPP. Especially Platinum. :3
Maybe I should mention that I still have some problems with the english language, so... sorry if I'm making any mistakes^^'
Hey Scarf Nidorino, welccome to Smogon. I also love Jumpluff a lot. I get it a lot on random battles on Showdown, and that SD + Acrobatics combo is deadly. I'm not very much into NU, but you should check this out. Could be very handy for your question regarding the RU metagame :)

And don't worry about your English! At least you're trying, and you're understandable :)

Dranzer Gigs

Banned deucer.
Hi, I am simply known as Dranzer Gigs. If you get the reference, you deserve a cookie. If you don't, well thats what the google search bar in your browser is for. I have enjoyed Pokémon for about 6 years and 11 months. I am not an overly competetive player but I like to know strategies/movesets for Pokemon and I would love to help out other players. If anyone has any recomendations as to where I can get started contributing to the site, please do not hesitate to enlighten me. My Favorite Pokemon is something I cannot chose, because I like all of them. I am on PS but mostly for fun and the occasional battle. I guess I may need a little help knowing the current metagame because I don't play any gen 6 games, as I don't have any, but that shouldn't be too much of an obstical right? My Favorite version is Black, hard to believe it came out 4 1/2 years ago, who else feels old because of that? Well I've rambled on
ong enough, hope you enjoyed reading this, whoever is reading this. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Im Mangle The Toy Fox, I'm brand new to the forums with a decent understanding of the competitive pokemon metagame. i've played since i was 7 years old. I've recently been on PS!. My favorite pokemon is espeon and i am a female.

I hope to become better at making and executing teams. My favorite pokemon game to play is Alpha Sapphire. my PS name is the same

Question. how do i post a thread? thanks if you can tell me

Last edited:
Hey everyone, my name is Scott (most people call me Scoot, though)
My favorite Pokemon is Chatot, because it combines 2 things I love, music and birds! On the other hand, my favorite Pokemon to battle with is definitely Sableye.

I have the same username on PS.

I want to someday make myself a figure in the community, but i'm still fairly new to the whole concept.
Teambuilding is definitely a struggle for me that I hope I can fix.

A little bit about me, i'm a big fan of the TV show Sons Of Anarchy (hence my username) and also a fan of House Of Cards and Breaking Bad.

Some of my favorite Pokemon games are Pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red (my first pokemon game), Emerald, and Omega Ruby.

Hi, I am simply known as Dranzer Gigs. If you get the reference, you deserve a cookie. If you don't, well thats what the google search bar in your browser is for. I have enjoyed Pokémon for about 6 years and 11 months. I am not an overly competetive player but I like to know strategies/movesets for Pokemon and I would love to help out other players. If anyone has any recomendations as to where I can get started contributing to the site, please do not hesitate to enlighten me. My Favorite Pokemon is something I cannot chose, because I like all of them. I am on PS but mostly for fun and the occasional battle. I guess I may need a little help knowing the current metagame because I don't play any gen 6 games, as I don't have any, but that shouldn't be too much of an obstical right? My Favorite version is Black, hard to believe it came out 4 1/2 years ago, who else feels old because of that? Well I've rambled on
ong enough, hope you enjoyed reading this, whoever is reading this. ;)
Hello and welcome! I honestly didn't get the reference, but now I know ;).
I don't think you can add sets to the strategy dex, if thats what you mean... As far as I know those are just the most common sets or sets that are added by admins or so.
But I'm pretty sure you can post Sets the forums of the specific tier. That should go under teambuilding. Or you can write an analysis :).

Hi Im Mangle The Toy Fox, I'm brand new to the forums with a decent understanding of the competitive pokemon metagame. i've played since i was 7 years old. I've recently been on PS!. My favorite pokemon is espeon and i am a female.

I hope to become better at making and executing teams. My favorite pokemon game to play is Alpha Sapphire. my PS name is the same

Question. how do i post a thread? thanks if you can tell me
Hello and welcome!^^
There is a button at the bottom right corner in every subforum. Just go to the forum you want and click it. :)

Hey everyone, my name is Scott (most people call me Scoot, though)
My favorite Pokemon is Chatot, because it combines 2 things I love, music and birds! On the other hand, my favorite Pokemon to battle with is definitely Sableye.

I have the same username on PS.

I want to someday make myself a figure in the community, but i'm still fairly new to the whole concept.
Teambuilding is definitely a struggle for me that I hope I can fix.

A little bit about me, i'm a big fan of the TV show Sons Of Anarchy (hence my username) and also a fan of House Of Cards and Breaking Bad.

Some of my favorite Pokemon games are Pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red (my first pokemon game), Emerald, and Omega Ruby.
Hi and welcome!
You can ask for a mentor for the tier you want to play, he can help you teambuilding. :)
But I'll tell you how I build teams as well, give it a shot if you want.^^
I pick a Pokemon or a core I want to use (there are Core Threads for every tier in the specific forum) and then I fill the rest of the team with Pokemon that cover specific roles, like Hazard Control or Wallbreaker (there are resource threads for this as well) or cover the type weaknesses.
I choose the sets afterwards.

Hi and welcome!
You can ask for a mentor for the tier you want to play, he can help you teambuilding. :)
But I'll tell you how I build teams as well, give it a shot if you want.^^
I pick a Pokemon or a core I want to use (there are Core Threads for every tier in the specific forum) and then I fill the rest of the team with Pokemon that cover specific roles, like Hazard Control or Wallbreaker (there are resource threads for this as well) or cover the type weaknesses.
I choose the sets afterwards.

Where would I go to get a mentor..?

Where would I go to get a mentor..?
Well, I just noticed that the mentoring program has changed quite a bit in the past year^^'
So in the Battling 101 Forum, there are Sign Ups for the Apprentice Program every month or so. The last one started August 30th, so I guess the next one will start at some point this month. Just sign up when it starts and there is a good chance you'll get a tutor :).

What's up Losers ! XD I'm Based Loser of NU . NU is my favorite Tier . You can find in the NU Chatroom anytime . Come check NU out . You'll love it :)

Hey everyone! I'm PokéWolf. I'm relatively new to this site, I've used it for suggestions on training Pokemon and that's about it. I don't really understand much of the lingo or abbreviations or anything on this site really lol. I'd like to learn tho. I've loved Pokemon since firered and leafgreen came out and have been a huge fan since. However I didn't learn that people can play professionally and I had no clue what EVs/IVs were until about 8 months ago. Since then I'm trying to breed professional playing Pokemon that I love. However I think I'm not so good at it. And the other problem is I don't have a reliable source of wifi. But I'd rlly like some help to become a professional player. And I'm sorry if ask stupid questions that everyone know lol. But it all comes down to I love pokemon

Hey everyone! I'm PokéWolf. I'm relatively new to this site, I've used it for suggestions on training Pokemon and that's about it. I don't really understand much of the lingo or abbreviations or anything on this site really lol. I'd like to learn tho. I've loved Pokemon since firered and leafgreen came out and have been a huge fan since. However I didn't learn that people can play professionally and I had no clue what EVs/IVs were until about 8 months ago. Since then I'm trying to breed professional playing Pokemon that I love. However I think I'm not so good at it. And the other problem is I don't have a reliable source of wifi. But I'd rlly like some help to become a professional player. And I'm sorry if ask stupid questions that everyone know lol. But it all comes down to I love pokemon
Hello PokéWolf! o/ Welcome^^
If you want someone to help you playing/teambuilding, just do want I told Mons of Anarchy a few posts earlier, i think that could help you too :)

In addition to what Scarf Nidorino said; in the OP of this thread is a list of some of the abbreviations used in the Wi-Fi section :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)