ORAS UU Invincible- Sceptile Spike Stacking HO (Peaked #5)

After lurking around the UU sub forum and PS! I would always see this fight that would always go on and on between the viability of Mega Sceptile. A lot of good points came up and one of them was how good Sceptile is with Spike support. This inspired me to make this team and now share it n_n Also if you usually see someone using a team with a suicide lead of @Chamaelon as the name it is probably either me or a friend of mine that I give a lot of teams that are usually just memes but some are still serious enough to use them in tours.

edits made in red. just see rates below for reasons

upload_2015-9-3_14-41-16.png

First I started with Froslass + Sceptile because the inspiration to build the team was to show how good Sceptile is with spikes. I had other options like Forry and Quilphish but I felt forry would be dead weight must of the time due to how it would get weakened so quickly and I have never used Phish outside of rain so Froslass was the best fit. Also Froslass can weak things really easily early game which can but certain pokemon in range of either Sceptile or Salamence.

Next I noticed I needed some fast Priority to handle things like Slurpuff if i only get a small amount of hazards up. Also Lucario gives me a lure for whimsicott with ice punch which is really handy because then I can just spam powerful outrages with mence. Lucario also helps nicely against steel types that would other wise suck up Sceptiles attacks. Lucario can also soak up and abuse Dark Type moves directed towards the team's Ghost types.

Next was Chandy. For some reason all my HO teams just come back to having Chandy on it. It just fills so many cool slots the team needed like a stall breaker, Spin Blocker, Powerful Spike Abuser and a check to entei's espeeds.

I now notice how I need a late game cleaner that was faster than Maero so I could check it. This is where mence comes to play. With hazards up so many things become in range of Outrage or Dragon Claw. Scarf mence also helped me vs some match ups VS Beedril and Sharpedo.

Now all I needed was a Maero Check that could set up SR and give me a backbone to fall on if Lucario is dead. Whats also cool about this empo set is that it lures in mamoswine which I can live the hit and ohko which means mence and sceptile can just keep firing off nukes. I have been really enjoying seeing people clicking EQ with mamo or Maero vs emp or seeing them try to set up with Gatr seeing how it looks like an offensive empo w/ no roar but in reality I just roar them out to gain even more hazard chip damage.

Team In Depth:

Schiana (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain

After always hating on Mega Sceptile for so long I have been starting to enjoy it a lot more. Personally I think the All Out Attacker set is still a little underwhelming even with spikes so I went with a mixed set. I really like this set because of how I can lure in fairies and either 2ohko with a combo of iron tail + giga or just flat out OHKO the switchin... that is if I hit Iron Tail. 96 Atk evs help get a 2ohko on defensive Florges and Whimsicott and rest is all standard. I have tried HP Poison and HP Fire over Iron Tail just to avoid the horrible accuracy Iron Tail has but they are all either more situational than Iron Tail or just don't break enough.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes
This set is just as standard as it gets for Froslass. I have tried TWave over Taunt in order to cripple things off the bat but then I lose the ability to prevent hazards which sucks a lot. If I ran Twave I would be force to run Defog on empo which is just stupid because I would Defog my own hazards away and I would lose the ability to shuffle things around. What I really like on Froslass that fits nicely with the team is that I can Icy Wind switch ins so I can either set up another spike or Destiny Bond if I didnt out speed in the first place.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Once again, a really standard set however I have been seeing and using EQ a lot more for Doublades and Nidos, however that set is usually ran if you are really weak to Doublade and need to get rid of it so something like Slurpuff can sweep. With this set I opted to use Ice Punch because then mence couldn't safely set up VS luke and Ice Punch also hit Florges neutrally if I needed to and it also lures in defensive whimsi which is always awesome. Also lucario is a check to defog in the sense that the opponent would realize they could defog VS lucario and use it so I have a harder time cleaning up. While they click Defog, I can click SD so the following turn I can either knock out their hazard control or at least weaken it a lot. Ice Punch also helps me against Gligar.

Chandelure @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Memento

I love this set so much. I always found scarf chandy to be very underwhelming and even with a scarf it still loses out on big threats to HO like Mega Aero and other things depending what you are locked into. With Specs + Spike support this thing can 2ohko or at least put something in range of mence, sceptile, or Lucario's espeed. Most switch ins that would usually be rather safe like Florges or tenta get 2ohko'd and stuff like Hydreigon gets weakened to a point where it can switch in again or else it would faint. Chandy + Lucario also makes a really cool core because a common chandy switch in is Hydreigon, which Lucario's ability can take abuse of. If Hydreigon comes in a specs fire blast with rocks up it will take about
50% min which means it can only switch in once more if I click Shadow Ball and not Fire Blast. Now that Hydreigon comes in and is already so weakened a good player would send off either a draco or dark pulse unless they are running Earth Power on hydreigon (yuck). If Hydreigon uses Dark Pulse, Lucario gets to +1 and can start firing off strong moves, or if the Hydreigon uses Draco on Lucario, I can just kill either weaken it to a point where Hydreigon just dies on switch in or if its a bad player, I can click SD with luke on the switch out and then just put holes through their team. Trick is also a really neat thing on Chandelure because I can cripple porygon2, Snorlax, and Blissey, which are very safe switch ins to Chandy. With something tricked, Lucario can just start putting holes through teams or I can just start to shuffle with Empoleon. I don't really know where to put the last 4evs because if I go into HP I lose my Stealth Rock number, which leaves me with putting it in either SpD to take Scalds better or Defense so I can lean the roll of a +6 Slurpuff play rough w/o rocks up in my favor.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Tailwind
Next is mence, another classic I love to through on HO. I usually end up throwing MixMence on because of how it surprises most people but I figured I already have 3 powerful pokemon that can hit hard even without Spike chip damage so I went with a late game cleaner Mence. Once again, a lot of things get in range of Mence because of the offensive pressure this team strives for and the easy spike damage. On this set I really did not know what to run in the last spot because the obvious options were either covered already or just didn't benefit me. Those options were Defog, Iron Tail, and Stone Edge. I ended up just using Tailwind because if I need to I can just click it, sac mence, then let either Chandy or Sceptile speed up the game so I can get the win. Now looking through the rest of Mence's movepool, I can see the benefits of Fire Fang for Forry and Whimsi but then again tailwind is also something cool that catches people off guard.

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
Finally is empo. Empoleon just filled so many roles I needed without being to burdened to actually provide benefits. First off, I have Shuca Bery because now I have a safe answer to Mamoswine, which is a big problem because Ice shards hurt a lot, especially when your situational win con (sceptile) is obliterated by it. Next Empoleon provides a check to Mega Aero, which also can be very threatening. Stealth Rocks are obvious for why they are there and roar is there for certain set up sweepers that think this is an AoA Empo and think they can set up safely, plus the ability to get spike chip. Hydro and Ice Beam are pretty obvious as well. 132 Speed plus a Jolly Nature lets me hit 207 which outspeeds uninvested base 85s which allows me to be able to remove Gligar if needed, I get faster roars then cune, and the ability to get a lot of chip damage on things like Pert before Mega Evolving and Machamp. The HP helps me survive a little longer so I can check more if needed and then I just poured the rest of the EVs into SpA so I can still hit like a truck.

I really would like if you kept the nicknames :]

Schiana (Sceptile-Mega) @ Sceptilite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain

@Cham (Froslass) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes

Luke (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Assombrada (Chandelure) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Energy Ball

Invincible (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Tailwind

Asas de Aço (Empoleon) @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Last edited:
So, do you just cry yourself to sleep if someone brings a Maero and scouts the shuca? (Or was shuca emp not super obvious ot anyone else when they looked at the comp?)

Run BP on luke over ice punch, you are not outrunning mence and gligar gives you a free mega scept. Plus it makes you not just straight die to slurpuff

Offensive Sub CM chandy seems huge here, this team hates switching with a passion normally but the bulky inoffensive grounds/waters/darks that feed on chandy are easy enough for you to exploit. The normals are a PITA though, namely snorelax and P2 who you hate with a passion Plus it's your main fairy switchin so may as well abuse the unholy shit out of florges and frens rather than Protect>fire blast>huehuehue happening. It's also a pretty good plan to not give Mpert 100% free rain dances when you flat lose to it without heavy prior damage js.

Fire blast last slot on mence can be a nice lure move if needed.

You really want focus blast on mscept over giga drain or leaf storm P2 is an annoyance.

I would comment on the total inability to supress defog after lass goes down but that's just me.

Last edited:
So, do you just cry yourself to sleep if someone brings a Maero and scouts the shuca? (Or was shuca emp not super obvious ot anyone else when they looked at the comp?)

Run BP on luke over ice punch, you are not outrunning mence and gligar gives you a free mega scept. Plus it makes you not just straight die to slurpuff

Offensive Sub CM chandy seems huge here, this team hates switching with a passion normally but the bulky inoffensive grounds/waters/darks that feed on chandy are easy enough for you to exploit. The normals are a PITA though, namely snorelax and P2 who you hate with a passion Plus it's your main fairy switchin so may as well abuse the unholy shit out of florges and frens rather than Protect>fire blast>huehuehue happening. It's also a pretty good plan to not give Mpert 100% free rain dances when you flat lose to it without heavy prior damage js.

Fire blast last slot on mence can be a nice lure move if needed.

You really want focus blast on mscept over giga drain or leaf storm P2 is an annoyance.

I would comment on the total inability to supress defog after lass goes down but that's just me.
Yo I appreciate the rate but I would appreciate if you were just not a complete asshole lol. yeah offensive sub chandy can maybe set up on more passive things but as you said, the normals become a pain, hence why I like to run trick. I rather not end up being force to switch on a p2 or lax and end up getting something crippled with a status. SubChandy also means I am losing a stallbreaker which is really not ideal. Between the hazards plus offensive momentum, I don't really mind not switching into something because in the long run I will come up superior in the war of who can deal the most damage, which then means I can clean late game with my usual win con of mence. Early game specs chandy can get off a lot of hard hits and put things in range of other team mates rather than SubChandy as a late game win con, which I already have. I will try Focus Blast over either leaf storm or giga but I honestly think it wont be as good because it wont be as powerful as a 252modest sceptile's focus blast because I am running a mixed set. With Focus Blast plus 160+ SpA I can only get a 2ohko on umbreon, which is the biggest reason I see why to run Focus Blast. Umbreon just can wish/moonlight off the damage and 2ohko me with Foul Play. Focus Blast just makes Umbreon a bad switch in, but umbreon was a bad switch in the first place between all the hazard damage and stuff.

160+ SpA Mega Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 176-208 (44.6 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, 3 layers of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery (if I am even lucky enough to face a bad player that lets me get up 3spikes and rocks lol)

0- Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Sceptile: 139-165 (49.4 - 58.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
I don't know much about building HO teams, but I'm gonna try to help tweak some sets to help improve.

I'm gonna support the change to Bullet Punch over Ice Punch. BP Luke seems optimal because Shuca Emp can be seen from a mile away once Lefties aren't revealed, and even if the opponent doesn't suspect it, having it broken on a stray EQ makes you an unhappy person (for example, you switch to Emp after Aero is brought out vs Chandelure, but it goes for EQ). Also, if they have Aero + another Ground like Mamo, you want to preserve the shuca for both but can't so you have to choose between killing one while the other wrecks havoc.

A second small tweak is to change Energy Ball on Chandy to Memento. As a HO team, the worst thing you can do is kill all your momentum. Clicking Eball is just asking for a defogger to remove all your hazards or to be set up on by anything not weak to grass (i.e Mence, opposing Luc, Reuniclus, etc). Memento is just an amazing move for HO and if you find you don't need Chandy anymore you can cripple something and set up with Lucario or clean with Mence.

I also think Grass Knot over Roar on Emp is needed since I don't see how you handle Jolly RD Pert if it gets rain up, which shouldn't be too hard because its just so bulky and can set up on fire locked Chandy. It also hits Gatr for great damage and puts it in Espeed range after hazards so you don't have to worry about being set up bait. Every suicune runs speed now so odds are you won't be able to Roar them out anyway.

I hope these tweaks will help you!

I don't know much about building HO teams, but I'm gonna try to help tweak some sets to help improve.

I'm gonna support the change to Bullet Punch over Ice Punch. BP Luke seems optimal because Shuca Emp can be seen from a mile away once Lefties aren't revealed, and even if the opponent doesn't suspect it, having it broken on a stray EQ makes you an unhappy person (for example, you switch to Emp after Aero is brought out vs Chandelure, but it goes for EQ). Also, if they have Aero + another Ground like Mamo, you want to preserve the shuca for both but can't so you have to choose between killing one while the other wrecks havoc.

A second small tweak is to change Energy Ball on Chandy to Memento. As a HO team, the worst thing you can do is kill all your momentum. Clicking Eball is just asking for a defogger to remove all your hazards or to be set up on by anything not weak to grass (i.e Mence, opposing Luc, Reuniclus, etc). Memento is just an amazing move for HO and if you find you don't need Chandy anymore you can cripple something and set up with Lucario or clean with Mence.

I also think Grass Knot over Roar on Emp is needed since I don't see how you handle Jolly RD Pert if it gets rain up, which shouldn't be too hard because its just so bulky and can set up on fire locked Chandy. It also hits Gatr for great damage and puts it in Espeed range after hazards so you don't have to worry about being set up bait. Every suicune runs speed now so odds are you won't be able to Roar them out anyway.

I hope these tweaks will help you!
Sweet thanks for the reply. I can for sure see the merits of bullet punch, just like jjoshcja pointed out. My only problem is gligar can just defog away but i havent been seeing gligar much either so I will try it out.
I have been contemplating memento over energy ball for awhile now but it makes a lot sense for this team a least because of the not wanting to lose spikes.
I think roar is still a better option for pert because I can take any hit with empo, get off a rain boosted Hydro Pump and then pick it off with espeed if needed. Also between hazard damage, Empo can ohko pert with hydro pump. I will try grass knot tho because it actually doesnt have the chance to miss lol.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Pretty much everybody is complaining that Aero fucks you, so why not just run Defensive Swampert over Empoleon? Defensive Pert has been a classic partner with Froslass for a long time now and fits here just the same as it did before. A slight issue would arise with suppressing defog but smart play can usually mitigate that at least to some degree. Another thing I'm noticing is that your whole team is Empoleon fodder, literally nothing wants to take it on, especially if it is running more than one attack. To help with this at least slightly, I would suggest running DD Iron Tail EQ Mence and Focus Blast on Sceptile. Both of these at least now have tools to hit Empoleon so you're not a sitting duck any longer. Finally, now that speed is lacking, a switch to Scarf Chandelure will patch up a slight weakness to Shaymin and other Grass types. Actually, looking at it now you get fucked by opposing mscept since it literally runs over offense. I suppose Doublade over Chandelure could fix that but ehh.

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam / Roar
- Stealth Rock
Salamence @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie / Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)