IRL OU Team

Taking into account items clause irl, I made this team thinking on someday in the near future building it for my handheld device. So here it is:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talonflame (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Return

The main pokémon of the party. Late into the game, after all of the opponent's team has been worn down by SR damage or simply by having to battle, the great Red Bird comes to action to aniquilate everything that has some hope of breathing. After severe testing I've come to realize this is the best revenge killer out there. I've delt around 55% damage to some Rotom-W so even those aren't that big of a threat after a while.

Skarmory (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

The leader of the team unless the opponent has a Sableye or Smeargle (because of Spore). Thanks to Sturdy it always leaves Stealth Rock, and if it gets hit hard with a Sp. Attack I just change for Goodra who resists tons of special attacks and can attack back. Rock Helmet deals extra damage to physical attackers, and deals wonders against Mega-Kangaskhan. Whirlwind to also work as a phazer and just scout some of the opponent's strategies.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang

La pieza poblana perfecta. This beautiful Sea Serpent and its Mega Evo are simply wonderful. Switch in against a physical attacker, someone that would like to counter Goodra. For example, Excadrill. Proceed with Dragon Dance and prepare to DESTROY your opponent's team. Very few things can escape this set without getting killed in one turn, especially after SR support. Bulky waters are one counter to him, specially Scald Vaporeon which can cripple him with a burn and resist all of the moveset. Earthquake grants great coverage, working superbly against Rotom-W with Mega Gyarados's Mold Breaker. Waterfall as the main STAB and Ice Fang for bulky Dragonite and even Hydreigon which don't receive great damage from the other moves. I tried Bite for a while as a secondary STAB for MegaWorm but some bad experiences against Hydreigon made me change it. Of course, you have to know when to evolve since gyarados alone is a foe to reckon with against after a DD.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Standard toxic staller Gliscor. Great to break down walls that aren't Toxic resistant and generally a great pokémon. I don't think he needs any kind of introduction.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Aromatherapy
- Wish

Ain't she cute? It's even cuter when a Cloyster tries to set up in front of her, only to be dealt with with a STAB Moonblast or giving some extra time before to cure the team, or itself for that matter. I opted for a physically defensive set to cover Goodra a little bit more than what Skarmory does, plus its a Steel-type magnet, making the perfect opportunity to bring out Gyarados to intimidate them, set up and sweep. I'm not really sure about the moves on it, specially for the Thunder Wave slot since I haven't found a nice way to use it. Maybe I should change it for protect to grant Wish recovery to work on itself.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

The blind dragon. This slimy dragon is an AWESOME special wall, and with this moveset it covers most mons, if not all, to deal at least neutral damage. Once it resisted a Draco Meteor from Hydreigon (at full HP of course) only to be killed back with a Dragon Pulse. Just to give an example of its defensive power. Clefable of course passes out wishes to make it recover perfectly fine and covers also all of Skarmory's weaknesses perfectly fine.

I love this team, it is pretty balanced and I haven't really found a counter to it except for probably Gardevoir and/or Florges, but they almost always die after a single Brave Bird from Talonflame. I guess the main flaw of the team is the fact that it doesn't have any spinner/defoger, which has actually been a problem because of SR damage to Talonflame - making it one time use mainly - and toxic spikes for Goodra. I've thought on replacing Clefable with someone who can clear this obstacles from the way but I'm not really sure on who. Maybe Excadrill? Tentacruel? Idk really who could replace the beautiful fat Fairy.

You definitely need a spinner. Talonflame taking 50% just switching in is really bad. Even Choice Banded, it has less than stellar attack. You should take U-Turn off its set because currently it's not going to have many opportunities to switch in anyway. In fact, you should probably just go with a Life Orb/Leftovers set that has been posted on Smogon. With SR up, Talonflame is just death fodder. At most he will get one attack off because your opponent will switch in a counter to your predictable attack (Brave Bird or Flare Blitz) at which point you'll be forced out and die the next turn you come in.

With Stealth Rock up, Starmie alone can wreck this team. It can take out Talonflame with T-Bolt/Surf/Hydro Pump, Skarmory with T-Bolt, Gyarados with T-Bolt, Gliscor with Ice Beam/Surf/Hydro Pump, Clefable/Goodra with Psyshock. Its faster than everything on this team save Talonflame.

Well actually Clefable is physically defensive so Starmie wouldn't be that of a bother to the team... Anyways, what to do you suggest for a spinner in its place then?

You have 3 pokemon weak to Electric and I don't really see a synergy between them. Once your Talonflame is dead, which is really easy to achieve thanks to SR, you don't really posses a strong answer to Ice and fire either. Also, I'd change Talonflame's EVs to 252 atk and 220 Speed, the rest goes into HP. As for spinner - currently the best would be Air Baloon Excadrill or perhaps think about Defog on Gliscor or Skarmory, since both of them are flying.

Trading all hp ev's on talonflame for speed is just dumb if the plan is just using it late game for priority Brave Bird. I know of the electric weakness but Gliscor and Goodra take care of all of them, plus Gyarados isn't afraid of any kind of Electric type because of Earthquake, not even rotom forms since mold breaker breaks their levitate. I was actually thinking on running Defog on Gliscor or Skarmory but idk what to remove from the moveslot. I think Clefable for Excadrill is the best choice although I'm worried about not having that Unaware effect for when hard times come =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)