IRL Pre Bank OU (1st RMT)

This is the full shiny team I am currently using on Pokemon Y version, while also testing on Pokemon Showdown

klefki.png

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpDef
Nature: Bold/Impish
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Foul Play

My usual lead, Klefki has been outstanding for me since I first used him. His main job is to paralyze and set up spikes, with substitute for blocking status moves and setting up on the switch. Foul play allows no attacking investments and provides an excellent offense against set-up sweepers, particularly the omnipresent Aegislash. I tend not to sacrifice him early, as his great typing allows for good switch ins, with 2 immunities and 9 resistances.

rotom-w.png

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 6 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

My scout and wall crippler, Rotom-W is almost never redundant. Despite not being a defensive set, he still manages to take most hits relatively comfortably, and with both trick and w-o-w he can cripple both walls (ferrothorn, blissey, etc.) and physical sweepers. A fairly common set, lacking pain split due to its more offensive approach.

noivern.png

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Nature: Timid
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash

Out of the 2 good abilities available to Noivern, I chose to opt with Frisk, as identifying choice users and mega evos is incredibly useful, as well as boomburst having the ability to go through subs anyway. I tend to use him as a hit-and-run type revenge killer, with immense speed and a powerful STAB move in draco meteor. His mixed movepool allows me to hit the majority of switch-ins with relatively strong damage.

goodra.jpg

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 6 SpDef
Nature: Modest
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Though running 2 dragon types is not a common or particularly advisable move, they perform such completely different roles so well that I find it necessary. As an ideal switch in to any special attacker or seeder such as ferrothorn, Goodra not only takes hits well, he deals them out too. I opted for sap sipper for the ability to switch into leech seed or sleep powder/spore users such as amoongus with complete confidence. His 3 weaknesses are all resisted by steel types, and seeing as I have 2 in this team, he tends to stick around for a long time.

aegislash.png

Aegislash @ Leftovers/Weakness Policy (for in game item clause)
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpDef
IVs: 0 Spe
Nature: Brave
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

I can't say I was feeling particularly creative when I created this one, as it's pretty much the most common moveset on one of the most common pokemon around. I'm mainly just trying to utilize Aegislash while he's still one of the most able set-up sweepers around, before he becomes so predictable that he's too hard to use effectively. He also revenge kills with priority which is handy to have.

mega pinsir.png

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie -> Aerialate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Nature: Jolly
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Return

This thing is a beastly late game sweeper and my main physical attacker. I often revenge kill before mega evolving, allowing a moxie boost before sweeping. The one problem I have run into with this guy is skarmory, which walls him completely. The lack of quick attack can also cause me the occasional problem, but I find this set effective enough as it is, not sure if dropping swords dance for quick attack would be a positive move or not?

weakness table.png

This table displays the weaknesses and resistances of my entire team, though it doesn't factor in abilities (Rotom-W's levitate) and treats Pinsir as bug/flying (his mega typing). It shows that I have at least one resistance to every type except for ghost, which has yet to cause me any severe problems in my test battles, but possibly could in the future.
I'm open to all ideas, suggestions and criticisms so please help out where possible :)

Agreed. With aerialate you should really get rid of x scissor for quick attack. A stab flying type quick attack after a pre mega evo moxie boost is going to do more than enough revenge killing damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)