Is it possible to create "the perfect team?"

I don't see this team beating Stall anytime soon.

You are walled horribly by Skarmbliss, and you can't spin shit since they always have the Rotoms, who also wall the hell out of this team.

You need some sort of Mixed Sweeper, and a stat-up sweeper as well.

the ttar is mixed

dark artisan i think u need more physical moves on your team cus it does not balance out imo

Naive boosts speed....

Flamethrower can only manage a 2hko 10% if the time against the standard Zong. That means that 90% of the time, he's going to be able to 1. hit you with 2 gyroballs (likely to kill...), 2. set up rocks and gyroball you to get rid of sash or 3. set up dual screens. Or even four, get two chances to hypnosis you, which makes its chance of not hitting you only 16% instead of 40%

Yeah, 2hkoing Bronzong is important for an anti-lead. Unless you are machamp and you confuse him. With Fire Blast, you have more than 72% chance of the above not happening.

As for SkarmBliss, its definitely a problem if T-tar dies (pretty likely since he is a sashed lead).

I'd probably switch something out (maybe Gyara) for Mixmence. I think it'll do a pretty good job in fitting in.

Thanks, I have to find a way. I may switch to Spiritomb, not too sure yet. I definately agree with a mixed sweeper, gyarados has to go, he doesn't do much.

Naive boosts speed....

Flamethrower can only manage a 2hko 10% if the time against the standard Zong. That means that 90% of the time, he's going to be able to 1. hit you with 2 gyroballs (likely to kill...), 2. set up rocks and gyroball you to get rid of sash or 3. set up dual screens.

Yeah, 2hkoing Zong is important.
Ok, so if I miss? It'll be a 3hko instead.

and i think you should go with a diff set cus the tar sp atk is 289 at most

the jolly set sounds better cus of the massive attack your team already has good sp atk sweepers

So let's say hypotheticxally that my attack is 100 and I 99% of the time get a 6-4 lead right away. Would you switch the pokemon?

besides, that's not even relevant, why would you even bring that up 0_o?

Ok, so if I miss? It'll be a 3hko instead.
he point is that with Flamethrower, you will always allow bronzong to do what i listed unless he runs no SpD EVs (very unlikely). With Fire Blast, there is around 72.25% chance it won't happen. And when you are threatened with Bronzong getting a Light Screen up when most of your pokemon are physical attackers, it can be very important. You also wouldn't want Zong to get rocks up AND get rid of your sash all by itself (and still not be dead, it can switch out). It also has a good chance (54%) of 1hkoing Skarm, which is very useful since it takes that one wall out of the game completely or no single layer of spikes (which hurts pretty hard together with rocks if you don't have spin, and hurts forry since he can't heal). If you miss on the KO, it can switch in again later (and without SR, it can switch in with impunity).

And change Naive to Rash if you didn't read it. Naive increases your speed, not your SpA and T-tar needs all the SpA he can get.

@kazuya, T-tar can get 317 SpA with a +SpA nature, which isn't bad considering his excellant movepool. T-Tar anti-lead is easily one of the best in the game simply because of 1. sandstorm and 2. awesome movepool.

Are you stupid?

You do realize that Earth Power is roughly a 3HKO, EQ is a OHKO. There goes another dead Poke. Boah is slow? So what? Cresselia used Rest, Heatran used Fire Blast, Tyranitar now gets a free Substitute. Now what? Something dies. Have you even played Pokemon?

And then there's CBTar, who can effectively just KILL Cresselia as it sleeps with Pursuit, and there goes everything that counters to. I don't know how far you get while facing the Elite 4 but that shit does not fly here.

And Heatran stops Infernape? Seriously? Let's let Heatran, the thing that can't even OHKO an Infernape at 100% with Earth Power unless it has a -Def boost. Of shit, the only way to let Infernape get a -Def is to eat a Close Combat, good luck with that Heatran.

And if my reading level is subpar, then your math is surely fucked up since DDMence outspeeds +Speed Scarf Heatran after a DD. Hey but we'll save face with that, let's slap on Quick Claw there. Also there's a good thing people don't play Pokemon with a cohesive team. Imagine someone using a Dugtrio and killing Heatran after it used Earth Power and there goes every single thing Heatran might've checked.

But of course you wouldn't know anything about this since you obviously haven't even stepped out the realm of 'in game.'

Firstly, you don't need to be a jerk to be a team rater. The title is "IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE THE PERFECT TEAM??" Apparantly, your reading comprehension isn't up to par. Secondly, I would rather put effort into my rmt than make a shitty one.
He answered your stupid question - it's not possible because there is no such thing. Is it possible to make a time portal that can travel me back to when the Roman empire ruled Earth? There's no such thing, so it's not possible.

One thing I've noticed is that stall teams would have a field day annoying you, and the most common spin blocker can OHKO Forretress with Overheat anyway.

You're just angry because he pointed out the flaws in your team - it's extremely susceptible to a MixApe with Fire Blast/Close Combat/Thunderpunch/Grass Knot. Your only safe switch-in is Cresselia, who doesn't enjoy getting hit with a Fire Blast, and can't do squat back without Psychic. As for Heatran countering Infernape, the definition of a counter is 'something that can switch in with little or no harm to itself and pose an immediate threat.' Heatran's Earth Power won't OHKO without Stealth Rock, iirc, and won't be switching in on a Close Combat either.

You also have a terrible Tyranitar moveset - you're using four attacks with a damned Focus Sash, which is pointless. Either use a Choice Scarf, or run this set:

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Adamant nature (+Atk, - SAtk)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Counter
- Taunt/Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Earthquake

If you use Stealth Rock, replace Forretress's Stealth Rock with Light Screen.

This is an amazing set, the best Tar lead there is currently. It counters most common leads - Crunch Azelf and Gengar to death, Counter on a physical attack by Aerodactyl, Swampert or Bronzong, which will kill. You can definitely get Rocks up, unless they decide to Taunt.

DD Mence with Fire Blast over Gyara would help you out so much.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SAtk
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

if you want something to counter ghosts and has cc scarfcross can and has high spdef to survive most ghost atakes, isnt affected by dusknoir WoW and still has megahorns for creeselia and stuff like that and close combat so those annoying blisseys dont bother you (stiil activates guts with thunder wave but it losses alot of potential)

I don't understand why you were so antagonistic to Aeroblacktyl. He answered the question. There is no such thing as a perfect team, meaning that creating one is not possible. I do think that a joint effort such as this will create a great team, but never a perfect one. Perfection does not exist in Pokemon when you're talking about team building. You have 6 Pokemon and 24 moves. You just don't have the options needed to counter everything.
The thread said that I want to get "as close as possible"

Are you stupid?

You do realize that Earth Power is roughly a 3HKO, EQ is a OHKO. There goes another dead Poke. Boah is slow? So what? Cresselia used Rest, Heatran used Fire Blast, Tyranitar now gets a free Substitute. Now what? Something dies. Have you even played Pokemon?

And then there's CBTar, who can effectively just KILL Cresselia as it sleeps with Pursuit, and there goes everything that counters to. I don't know how far you get while facing the Elite 4 but that shit does not fly here.

And Heatran stops Infernape? Seriously? Let's let Heatran, the thing that can't even OHKO an Infernape at 100% with Earth Power unless it has a -Def boost. Of shit, the only way to let Infernape get a -Def is to eat a Close Combat, good luck with that Heatran.

And if my reading level is subpar, then your math is surely fucked up since DDMence outspeeds +Speed Scarf Heatran after a DD. Hey but we'll save face with that, let's slap on Quick Claw there. Also there's a good thing people don't play Pokemon with a cohesive team. Imagine someone using a Dugtrio and killing Heatran after it used Earth Power and there goes every single thing Heatran might've checked.

But of course you wouldn't know anything about this since you obviously haven't even stepped out the realm of 'in game.'

I'm sorry if I pissed you off, I've been in a bad mood. I realize that your basically saying that even though it looks good on paper, will it work? The team needs a complete overhaul, is it fail? Nah, but it's not cose to perfect, jesus christ I have to make another team >:(

He answered your stupid question - it's not possible because there is no such thing. Is it possible to make a time portal that can travel me back to when the Roman empire ruled Earth? There's no such thing, so it's not possible.

One thing I've noticed is that stall teams would have a field day annoying you, and the most common spin blocker can OHKO Forretress with Overheat anyway.

You're just angry because he pointed out the flaws in your team

-.-'

- it's extremely susceptible to a MixApe with Fire Blast/Close Combat/Thunderpunch/Grass Knot. Your only safe switch-in is Cresselia, who doesn't enjoy getting hit with a Fire Blast, and can't do squat back without Psychic. As for Heatran countering Infernape, the definition of a counter is 'something that can switch in with little or no harm to itself and pose an immediate threat.' Heatran's Earth Power won't OHKO without Stealth Rock, iirc, and won't be switching in on a Close Combat either.

You also have a terrible Tyranitar moveset - you're using four attacks with a damned Focus Sash, which is pointless. Either use a Choice Scarf, or run this set:

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Adamant nature (+Atk, - SAtk)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Counter
- Taunt/Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Earthquake

If you use Stealth Rock, replace Forretress's Stealth Rock with Light Screen.

This is an amazing set, the best Tar lead there is currently. It counters most common leads - Crunch Azelf and Gengar to death, Counter on a physical attack by Aerodactyl, Swampert or Bronzong, which will kill. You can definitely get Rocks up, unless they decide to Taunt.
That's great and all, but when this lead is getting me up 2-0, then obviously it isn't deplorable.

if you want something to counter ghosts and has cc scarfcross can and has high spdef to survive most ghost atakes, isnt affected by dusknoir WoW and still has megahorns for creeselia and stuff like that and close combat so those annoying blisseys dont bother you (stiil activates guts with thunder wave but it losses alot of potential)
Actually, good idea, i'll be testing now.

Team looks great i mean Maybe switching lead to gengar because gyrados,cress,celebi get buffeted for no reason. Maybe make celebi a staller with leech seed/grass knot/t-wave/recover and make Cresselia a calm mind with calm mind/psyhic/moonlight/icebeam or hp fighting. Rest isnt nessacary cause moon light does fine.

No its a great Team just the way i mean the tyranitar lead looks like a good idea but why have cress/gyra/celebi get hurt... I mean maybe a Lucario would suit its place. I realized that idea of having cress as a tank is nice but does it actually work.

Changes are in red.

Supporter:

Forretress @ Macho Brace
IV's: 0 Speed
Relaxed Nature
252 Def/252 Hp/6 SpD
-Spikes
-Gyro Ball
-Rapid Spin/ Earthquake
-Explosion

Now you may be wondering: "Why did you make these changes?" Forretress normally with this set has 104 speed with 31 IV's in it. Make it 0, and it comes out to be 76. Now put the Macho Brace on, and you have 38 speed. Considering the equation for Gyro Ball, If we had a Gengar who was Scarfed, and hit 525 Speed, here is how it would go:

1+round(25*525/38)

Which means total we would have: 346.39. Of course, Gyro Ball hits up to 150 BP Max, so it would hit 150 everytime with ScarfGar. Also, Stab comes into play too. 150*1.5= 225 damage total. Its up to you if you want any ev's to go into attack, as it might be more damaging. :D

Support Tank:

Cresselia @ Flame Orb
Calm Nature
252 Hp/160 Def/96 SpD
-Psycho Shift
-Trick
-Rest
-Ice Beam​

I havent checked out this set up, but it looks like it might work. Let me know.

Sweeper:

Lucario @ Choice Scarf
Mild Nature
40 Atk/216 SpA/252 Spe
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Dark Pulse
-Hidden Power (Ice)

This is your replacement for Gyarados, and for Gallade. Why, lets take a look:

Gallade: 68 HP, 125 Atk, 65 Def, 65 SpA, 115 SpD, 80 Spe
Lucario: 70 HP, 110 Atk, 70 Def, 115 SpA, 70 SpD, 90 Spe

As you can see, Lucario has 2 points higher in HP Base than Gallade. He also has 5 points more in base Defense too. His SpA is far greater, and has 10 points higher than Gallade in Speed. Bad news is, 15 points lower than Gallade in Atk, 45 points far lower than Gallade in SpD. But thats all there really is. I feel Lucario is a better choice. This set gives you 418 Speed, allowing you to outspeed Tyranitars and Heatrans. (I think.)

Overall, Good team! :D

NOTE: I know its a 3 day bump, sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)