1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Is there a way to get Pokemon Showdown to run smoother?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by TheVoid619, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheVoid619

TheVoid619

Admittedly, I've only had 3 or 4 battles on Showdown, but I've only finished one of the battles. The other battles I've lagged until the point where I was either DCed and the internet itself crashed, or I was kicked for inactivity. Is there a way to get it to run smoother, like a way that I can either change my settings on the game to get it to run better by lowering the graphic quality or turning off animations or anything?
  2. Electrolyte

Electrolyte I could hear the sirens sound
    is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

stop using IE

the best you can do is close other tabs, turn off music (top right corner button), and try not to have multiple battles opened at once.

And yes, if you are using IE, try Chrome / FireFox, they are sooo much faster
  3. TheVoid619

TheVoid619

I was, unfortunately, using IE. I'll try it in Chrome. However, with the music, it didn't turn off when I tried to turn it off, but that could have been an IE problem.
  4. DTC

DTC ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

This question does not warrant an isolated topic. Please post here if you have any questions about Pokemon Showdown.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)