Is this normal!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm not sure if I have OCD or not will you guys help me? I like even numbers a lot more than odd numbers, usually when it's something important like a screen name or an ID or a date or something, I don't like it unless it's an even number because it just feels imperfect or something. The only truly destructive behavior I ever do is spending hours resetting my Pokemon because I don't like the ID number for the game or I don't like their stats and nature since they're not perfect!!

Is it really an illness to prefer even numbers though, or is it just a preference? Is it normal and healthy to not have a preference towards numbers and be apathetic towards your digits? Should values invoke feelings??

I used to eat my cereal 4 pieces at a time. Not so much anymore. I also don't like to listen to music or tv if the volume is on an odd number. But I'd say you're more weird than me.

Should values invoke feelings??

imo it's pretty normal. The reason why everything is $2.99 is because two looks easier on the eyes than $3. Numbers play dirty tricks :P

Also the even number thing is normal. For example my math teacher hates decimals and I hate proper fractions. It's just a preference.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's a common symptom of just being anal retentive. I prefer my TV, stereo, whatever volume to be a multiple of 5. I prefer the bills in my wallet (when I have money haha) to be facing forward, right side up, and arranged in ascending order by denomination. I wouldn't say you're weird or OCD, you're probably just anal.

13579135791357913579135791357913579159371593715397913759137591375173599173593517935719357113597

DO YOU FEEL THE PAIN?

you probably dont have OCD in sense but you do have obsessions, the on thing is you dont have compulsions which are the actions of carrying out your compulsive. like sombody in the past said you are probably just Anal Retentive. You will be fine dont worry about it if you start washing your hands 30 times a day then let me know lol

no, you haven't got OCD, don't fucking selfdiagnose, grow up, you're not a beautiful and unique snowflake and don't fucking pathologise yourself.

no, you haven't got OCD, don't fucking selfdiagnose, grow up, you're not a beautiful and unique snowflake and don't fucking pathologise yourself.
lol sorry I was just trying to see if there were other pokemon players that obsessively reset their games as well or if I'm just weird, I'm not trying to be a snow flake!

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
it is april, i don't need any snow flakes in my life until december again, thanks

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i have actual ocd, and unless you actually feel actual compulsions to go do irrational things repeatedly, then you do not have actual ocd. you just like even numbers. people have stupid preferences for irrelevant things because people aren't rational. unless it's actually interfering with your life, then don't go looking for a mental illness to attach to yourself. worrying about numbers is such a stupidly insignificant thing to be worried over, so don't worry about it.

Vader knows what hes talking about unless you have the controllable urge to do something repeatedly it isnt OCD i have it as well i know how it feels

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
So what, you prefer even numbers. That doesn't fucking mean you have ocd. It means you prefer even numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)