Issue #3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

After a lot of hard work Issue #3 is out on schedule!

Structure-wise, The smog now has a fancy new index, with each issue having its own page. We also have cover art provided by jumpluff.

The issue is located here.

We hope you enjoy this issue. Any comments/concerns/suggestions can be sent to the Smogon user The Smog through PM.

yay! ftp!

Edit: To stay on topic- Rhyperior can swtich into choice locked weak attacks and Rock Polish and hit a lot of his counters hard ^_^ but otherwise he is a disappointment. Very disappointing since Rhydon was my fav pokemon from RBY all the way to RSE =(.

While reading through the smog I noticed that you said that Scizor and Forretress are the only pokemon with bug-steel typing. That is in fact incorrect Wormadam's steel forme also has bug-steel typing. Other than that great issue.

Cyrrona

starlet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Insightful as always, and the "Disappointments of DP" article had me lol'ing. I agree about the new artwork--it really adds a lot.

Great job, everyone!

I enjoyed reading the 'Top 6 Disappointments of DP', this particular line 'Rampardos is a fat, ugly man with a huge penis. I don't see much sexual success in his future.' made me laugh the most.

Nice job guys.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nice articles, I especially liked the top 6 dissapointments article. Reminded me of the articles on cracked.

Good Job! I love the new Artwork with Scizor. I've seen something of that now, maybe I can read more tomorrow after school.

I really enjoyed this issue, alot of very informative, yet easy to read articles.

Good Points

-The Top 6 Disappointments of DP was funny and informative
-All Pokemon and type analysis was done to good detail and effect, but without copious amounts of text, meaning you could pick up the main points of the article easily.
-The Featured RMTs were excellently discussed, giving pointers about just why they work so well to those who don't possess the team building power of the Smogon Brains. They also pointed out weaknesses, and how they could be dealt with, a nice touch.
-DougJustDoug is pretty cool =D
-The cover art really gives the issues an individual feel.

Bad Points
-Tangerine's article on surprise spent most of it's characters telling people why gimmicks are only a temporary measure of success, and that they will work out worse for you in a the long run. That is a good point, but sadly it was more throughly explained the rest of the article, which should have had more detail on how to find a new optimum set for a pokemon. It's all very well saying that experienced players experiment to find these sets, but some pointers on what factors to consider when trying to experiment with a pokemon would have been helpful.

Don't let the Smog die out :)
It is one of the best Web-zines I have seen, especially considering it is made on an almost undocumented topic.

Like everyone else, I thought Jabba's article was a lollercoaster. I always get a kick out of the interviews, as well.

*takes the team out for ice cream*

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Great job guys. Props to Jabba for his amazing article and the interview with Doug was excellent as well. Liked this one a lot.

Just a nitpick, in the Fighting Type Analysis, "Fighting on the Defensive - UU" looks like its a different type of bold compared to the others.

Awesome Edition guys! I enjoyed seeing the RMTs and the DP regrets article the most. Keep it up.

I really enjoyed this magazine. The article of the top 6 disappointments was really good as well as DougJustDoug's interview. Great work guys

The main thing that stood out for me in this magazine is the top 6 disappointments in the DP metagame. I love how the references from other forms of media were integrated into describing why a pokemon is overrated.

Lucario is a pimped-out mustang while Heracross is a lame old Volkswagen? WTF?

Maybe you guys should do something like "the top 6 pokemon that actually meet the hype" article one day.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
yeah I have to agree with everyone else... the top 6 disappointment article was my favorite, good job jabba!, overall very well done everyone who contributed to this month's issue (and the other 2 for that matter), keep em coming !

I'm going to agree with everyone that the Top 6 Disappointment article was the best, well done on that one!

Glad to see my question answered to, thanks RBG. :)

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Loved Jabba's Top 6 Disappontments!

However Tangerine's article was.... more about how Gimmicks don't work out, rather than how to use them. No examples, even.
Anyway, it was a great job, keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)