It may be a bit extreme

Hello everyone! I decided to throw this team together, and it's a little bit crazy. I guess it's an offensive kind of team, so I'll just get to explaining. Suggestions are welcomed as to what can make this team better!

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Specs Exploud eats babies. This thing kills so many other Pokemon, it's almost unreal. Specs Boomburst scores a lot of KOs to things that can even resist it. Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Surf are really there to just fill extra moveslots, because I find myself clicking Boomburst a vast majority of the time. As for the EVs, I went for some bulk because Exploud doesn't have the best speed, but he does have a good HP stat. The extra Defense points are so he can soak up some physical hits better (since I think his special bulk is just a little higher).

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

With a strong special attacker in Exploud, why not go for one of RU's better physical attackers in Tyrantrum? I went for the Dragon Dance set since, in the right scenario, it can rek faces. Lum Berry saves Tyrantrum for a turn in the case of a Will-O-Wisp or Scald burn. Head Smash is the main move used, since it's strong and Rock Head prevents the recoil, and Dragon Claw is the other STAB move (didn't like the thought of being trapped with Outrage). Earthquake is the almost obligatory Ground coverage for things like Magneton.

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Toxic

How fast is too fast? Accelgor's the fastest non-scarf'd Pokemon in RU, and it makes an excellent suicide lead. He provides Spike support, which can aid Exploud and Tyrantrum in their sweeping, and it's just helpful overall. Encore is useful for opposing hazard-setting leads, especially when they use Stealth Rock first turn. Knock Off and Toxic are basic disrupting moves, and they both turn out to be useful. I never expect Accelgor to actually get KOs with Knock Off, and Toxic just whittles the foe down.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Rest

I had weird logic when picking Claydol for this slot. I felt that a spinner would be more useful than a Defogger because Accelgor would likely be dead when Claydol would get sent out. I also wanted Stealth Rock for myself, and Claydol was able to fit both roles. Since Claydol has little to no offensive presence, I opted for a more defensive set. Rest is there as a method of recovery, but I have yet to use it. Claydol has done alright so far, but I'm not completely sold on this set, to be quite honest.

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 64 Def / 112 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Roar

I never thought I'd actually use Granbull, but it's been really helpful. Careful nature with that EV spread gives him a bit more Special bulk, since his Physical bulk is pretty much covered with the Intimidate ability. Granbull fills two basic roles: cleric with Heal Bell and phaser with Roar. Both moves have been useful for my team's longevity and momentum. Play Rough is there for STAB against those Dragons and Fighting types, and Earthquake is more Ground coverage, because you can never have too much of that.

Clawitzer @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Well I need a Scarf'd insurance policy, now don't I? Clawitzer hits things pretty hard, partly in thanks to the Mega Launcher ability, which gives Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse a bit more power to KO things. I went for Scald as the STAB Water move, although I wouldn't be opposed to trying out a Water Pulse or Hydro Pump. Ice Beam deals with Grass types and Dragon types. Clawitzer is basically the revenge killer of the team.

And there you have it wit this team. Feel free to make suggestions on how to improve this team, because I would like to see it do really well. Thanks!

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Encore
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Rest

Granbull @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 64 Def / 112 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Roar

Clawitzer @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mega Launcher
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Along with the Pokemon suggested by MrAldo and fran17, I've tried these two out as well:

Meloetta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Serves pretty much the same purpose as the Delphox set fran listed below, but I feel that Meloetta has more merit as a whole. She's a good revenge killer, and despite being a Psychic type, she can dish out a strong Dazzling Gleam on Scrafty, which could save my team in a pinch.

Kabutops @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Kinda serves a combined role of what I had with Claydol and what MrAldo had with Seismitoad. Kabutops sets up rocks and can spin opposing hazards away, while actually having more of an offensive presence, even if it is just with Aqua Jet and Knock Off.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mmm, this could use some work to be honest but it has potential to be pretty neat, let me try to help.

First, giving exploud max hp is pretty suboptimal since the hp investment barely makes a difference since it doesnt survive any particular hard hit (like avoiding 2hkos from something) and it gets outspeed by a huge amount of important targets. So I would recommend running 252 spA / 4 spdef / 252 speed modest instead of max hp. While exploud speed tier is less than stellar, it becomes a lot more useful by outspeeding mons like tangrowth, alomomola, jellicent, seismitoad among others and proceed to kill them or wear them down instead of being forced to take a hit.

Jolly Nature > Adamant on tyrantrum. Pretty relevant benchmarks are reached with a jolly nature that adamant dino simply fails to do. Outspeeding mons like dugtrio, scarf emboar and jolteon at +1 is pretty important.

Right now, your accelgor fails to prevent a spin from mons like hitmonlee or defog from flygon and togetic. With that being said I would recommend final gambit over toxic. Final gambit let accelgor protect your hazards by avoiding the spin and defog from most common mons, taken their lives with him (kind of dramatic if we put it this way), final gambit is just far more functional.

Banded granbull over the current granbull spread. The granbull in your team right now is pretty passive and is counter productive for this pretty offensive team. Banded granbull still makes a really solid fighting resist, while having great wallbreaking power and neat lure potential since nobody expects it. Makes a really cool partner for tyrantrum since it lures steel types so you can pull off the sweep with ddance tyrantrum a lot more easily.

Now, to change some mons. Choice scarf hitmonlee over claydol and Seismitoad over clawitzer. Claydol is far from a reliable spinner in this meta and to be fair, you dont have many mons weak to hazards yourself. Choice scarf hitmonlee provides you a lovely scarfer that can spin under tight situations if you need it to. Scarf clawitzer is also pretty bad since it fails to outspeed important targets even with a scarf. With seismitoad you have a reliable stealth rocker, solid fire check and an important water switch-in AND a truly important durant check.

Hope this helps you! Let me provide some sets
Granbull @ Choice Band
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Play Rough
- Earthquake

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

Hitmonlee @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Close Combat

Apply offensive pressure. Best of lucks

Mmm, this could use some work to be honest but it has potential to be pretty neat, let me try to help.

First, giving exploud max hp is pretty suboptimal since the hp investment barely makes a difference since it doesnt survive any particular hard hit (like avoiding 2hkos from something) and it gets outspeed by a huge amount of important targets. So I would recommend running 252 spA / 4 spdef / 252 speed modest instead of max hp. While exploud speed tier is less than stellar, it becomes a lot more useful by outspeeding mons like tangrowth, alomomola, jellicent, seismitoad among others and proceed to kill them or wear them down instead of being forced to take a hit.

Jolly Nature > Adamant on tyrantrum. Pretty relevant benchmarks are reached with a jolly nature that adamant dino simply fails to do. Outspeeding mons like dugtrio, scarf emboar and jolteon at +1 is pretty important.

Right now, your accelgor fails to prevent a spin from mons like hitmonlee or defog from flygon and togetic. With that being said I would recommend final gambit over toxic. Final gambit let accelgor protect your hazards by avoiding the spin and defog from most common mons, taken their lives with him (kind of dramatic if we put it this way), final gambit is just far more functional.

Banded granbull over the current granbull spread. The granbull in your team right now is pretty passive and is counter productive for this pretty offensive team. Banded granbull still makes a really solid fighting resist, while having great wallbreaking power and neat lure potential since nobody expects it. Makes a really cool partner for tyrantrum since it lures steel types so you can pull off the sweep with ddance tyrantrum a lot more easily.

Now, to change some mons. Choice scarf hitmonlee over claydol and Seismitoad over clawitzer. Claydol is far from a reliable spinner in this meta and to be fair, you dont have many mons weak to hazards yourself. Choice scarf hitmonlee provides you a lovely scarfer that can spin under tight situations if you need it to. Scarf clawitzer is also pretty bad since it fails to outspeed important targets even with a scarf. With seismitoad you have a reliable stealth rocker, solid fire check and an important water switch-in AND a truly important durant check.

Hope this helps you! Let me provide some sets
Granbull @ Choice Band
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Play Rough
- Earthquake

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

Hitmonlee @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Close Combat

Apply offensive pressure. Best of lucks
So far, this version of the team has had some mixed results. I like the additions of Hitmonlee and Seismitoad, but the team in general has struggled a bit more. Thanks for replying!

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there nice team, a rather simply offensive build.

On Tyrantrum I suggest you to change your set to a Rock Polish one. Rock Polish will allow Tyrantrum to be more fast then some choice scarf user like Durant or Flygon and some rare Hitmonlee, which can revenge kill Tyrantrum at +1 sadly. Life Orb will increase your power and Superpower can be an option in your team, hitting Steelix a bit more harder than EQ, while also letting you hit decently hard Bronzong. Also your Accelgor set is kinda passive, I suggest you to run a more offensive set of Spikes / Bug Buzz / Focus Blast / Sludge Bomb with an EVs spread of 136 Def / 168 SpA / 204 Spe and a Modest Nature (props to 49 for the set), which can also help you weaken Steelix for Tyrantrum. Also on Exploud you should run 252 Spa / 4 SpD / 252 Spe to make him fast as possible.

Also
Granbull and Claydol aren't really effective in an offensive team, with the latter being unviable in RU. I suggest you to run Mesprit which gives the team Stealth Rock support very important to get a sweep, while still being able to act as a sorta of cleric with Healing Wish. The second mon I suggest you to run is Sneasel. Glalie and Flygon now looks pretty threatening, and Sneasel is capable of checking both, with Low Kick killing the former and Ice Shard killing the latter. It will also increase the offensive presence of your team, and it can pressure the deffoggers, which is nice if you don't want to see all your hazards being removed :(

Clawtizer isn't a really good scarf user, surely he has the power to revenge kill things, but his low speed doesn't let him shine as a scarf user. I suggest you to run Delphox. Your team right now has a glaring Scrafty weakness. Delphox can help your team alleviate this situation by outspeeding him with a Choice Scarf, and killing him with Dazzling Gleam. Also Trick will allow you to cripple wall that likes to switch onto Delphox, letting your team play better againist stall :)

Good luck with your team man :)
Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Hey there nice team, a rather simply offensive build.

On Tyrantrum I suggest you to change your set to a Rock Polish one. Rock Polish will allow Tyrantrum to be more fast then some choice scarf user like Durant or Flygon and some rare Hitmonlee, which can revenge kill Tyrantrum at +1 sadly. Life Orb will increase your power and Superpower can be an option in your team, hitting Steelix a bit more harder than EQ, while also letting you hit decently hard Bronzong. Also your Accelgor set is kinda passive, I suggest you to run a more offensive set of Spikes / Bug Buzz / Focus Blast / Sludge Bomb with an EVs spread of 136 Def / 168 SpA / 204 Spe and a Modest Nature (props to 49 for the set), which can also help you weaken Steelix for Tyrantrum. Also on Exploud you should run 252 Spa / 4 SpD / 252 Spe to make him fast as possible.

Also
Granbull and Claydol aren't really effective in an offensive team, with the latter being unviable in RU. I suggest you to run Mesprit which gives the team Stealth Rock support very important to get a sweep, while still being able to act as a sorta of cleric with Healing Wish. The second mon I suggest you to run is Sneasel. Glalie and Flygon now looks pretty threatening, and Sneasel is capable of checking both, with Low Kick killing the former and Ice Shard killing the latter. It will also increase the offensive presence of your team, and it can pressure the deffoggers, which is nice if you don't want to see all your hazards being removed :(

Clawtizer isn't a really good scarf user, surely he has the power to revenge kill things, but his low speed doesn't let him shine as a scarf user. I suggest you to run Delphox. Your team right now has a glaring Scrafty weakness. Delphox can help your team alleviate this situation by outspeeding him with a Choice Scarf, and killing him with Dazzling Gleam. Also Trick will allow you to cripple wall that likes to switch onto Delphox, letting your team play better againist stall :)

Good luck with your team man :)
Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock
I like the changes you suggested, for the most part. I like how you typo'd Meloetta into this for Mesprit. Mesprit does an okay job, and I've even tried Scarf Meloetta in place of Delphox. With the Scrafty weakness that I have, I felt like Meloetta has a bit stronger and faster of a presence than Delphox, even though both are Psychic types and therefore weak to Scrafty. Sneasel's been putting work in too. Thanks for these suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)