ORAS UU It's a team with Machamp

Hey everyone! Here's another UU team I've been working with off-and-on. This team was mostly made to get use out of Machamp. This is mostly because I randomly got a 6 IV shiny Machop on WTW a couple weeks ago, and I would like to train it up and make it a part of my competitive rotation. I mostly used this as a stepping stone to find out what would be the best combination of Pokemon to let him succeed, and I think I found a decent one, but not a great one. Let me know what you guys think!

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Here's the standard ScarfDreigon set, and a good momentum builder for the whole team, not just Machamp. I usually lead with this thing (similar to the Flygon in an RU RMT that I posted a couple weeks ago), and if I think I can get the KO with Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, or even Flamethrower (I don't like the accuracy on Fire Blase), I go for it. Otherwise, I just U-Turn out into something that can handle the situation better. He's typically a pretty reliable lead and revenge killer.

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Here we go with the model of the team, and what I hope for my in-game shiny Machop to become someday (he came with BP as an egg move). This puke-green, four-armed menace boasts a high attack stat with a reliable STAB move in Dynamic Punch (which always hits with No Guard) and decent coverage overall. The EV spread is one I found on Smogon while trying to find a set for this thing, and it works out pretty well. Special attack don't typically do a lot, unless they're SE, thanks to the Assault Vest. Bullet Punch gives Machamp a reliable Priority move, Knock Off disrupts the foe by removing their items, and Ice Punch can hit Flying types that would otherwise make Machamp's life miserable.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Scald

I believe I had posted this Vaporeon in another UU RMT, but this one's a righted version of that one. The older one had Toxic instead of Protect, but I realized that Protect was more valuable and less redundant than Toxic. As for what he does for this team: Wishing and Heal Belling. Oh yeah, and he can get lucky with Scald burns sometimes. Vaporeon provides a lot of longevity for not just Machamp, but for himself and the rest of the team in general.

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Pain Split

I've run Chandelure on a few teams before, and he works out pretty well with this group. He can take Fairy attacks aimed at Machamp, and Machamp can return the favor by taking in Dark attacks. Flamethrower (again, don't like the Fire Blast accuracy), Shadow Ball, and Energy Ball are the basic attacks on most offensive Chandelure, and Pain Split's just there to potentially give Chandelure a little more longevity, since the Life Orb can wear him down. With his monstrous Special Attack stat, Chandelure serves as an excellent breaker.

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 192 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpA / 56 SpD
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Roar

Nidoqueen was the first Pokemon I thought of when I was thinking of things I needed to check. Fighting types? Checked. Fairy types? Checked. Poison types? Checked, even though they aren't that much of an issue anyways. The EV spread is mostly to give Nidoqueen a bit of bulk, and the Timid nature can give her a few outspeeds. She's also the obligatory SR setter of the team, and I chose Roar on this set to potentially get rid of unfavorable opposition and to potentially wear down the rest of the opponent's team. Nidoqueen has been the mon to answer the call on so many levels.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure --> Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Here we go with the Mega of the team and the hazard remover. I don't typically run Defog on my MegaDactyl, but it fit with the set and gave the team a little more offense. Even though he's SR weak himself (as a lot of Defoggers are), he can take some of the pressure off of himself with a fast Roost. He also has an advantage over a lot of Defoggers due to Stone Edge, since a lot of opposing Defoggers are Flying types (which MegaDactyl also is). His hazard removal allows for the rest of my team to switch in a little easier.

And there you have it, a random team to test out Machamp. I've been pleased with it, but I'm not opposed to trying something new. Thanks, and hope you guys have a great day/week/whatever else!

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Scald

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Pain Split

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 192 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpA / 56 SpD
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Roar

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)