Gen 3 It's been a long while since my last RMT...

so I made one again:

Gengar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 120 Atk / 252 Spd / 136 SAtk
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Standard McIceGar lead. Forces a lot of leads to switch, beats special walls, can scout with Sub, etc. Um ok I'm unsure with the spd EVs however. What would be an ideal speed stat? I just maxed it to be safe, btw.

Dragonite (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunderbolt

First time trying out CBnite. FP and better defenses than CBmence is very nice.

Poliwrath (F) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Belly Drum
- Brick Break
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Substitute

The most gimmicky part of this team. I wanted to try some new things out, so I went with a DrumWrath. I've had around 6 comeback wins already because of this guy. When I'm losing to a stall team, I just send him out against their bulky water then I almost always get to set up and sweep. Works especially well mid-lategame when the opponent's pokes are at 30-80% health.

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 64 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Urgh, standard. Roar for Gyaras who set up on me.

Steelix (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Atk / 4 Def / 8 Spd / 36 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Iron Tail
- Roar

Just trying this guy out too. lol yeah, Iron Tail. Well, at least it allows me to hit Flygons on the switch in.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spd / 68 SAtk / 136 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Another standard. IB because I want to be safe against Gars. Imo I went overboard with the Sp atk EVs though...

Well that's it. I really love this team btw (despite how it isn't really that good) so any comments/suggestions on how to make it better would be nice.

go with 301 or 331 speed on mcgar
hasty nature if 331, mild if 301
overboard? lol. max satk and def on blissey

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Blissey doesn't need any SDef at all. Pump those into HP and/or SAtk. Roar on Swampert isn't going to stop Gyarados since it almost always carries Taunt. I can see slight Hera problems, but you should only make any changes to approach it depending on how you play. Steelix can take most of this Megahorns, and Gengar can stop the Brick Breaks/Focus Punches, but the way the team is built, Hera can easily just wear down Steelix with CB'd Megahorns anyway, and the rest of the team will have a hard time coping with that.

IMO, if you really want to setup Poliwrath, you might want to setup status (preferably Sleep and Paralysis) and possibly a Wisher to cope with spikes damage. Celebi and Poli also provide decent coverage for each other, so consider SD passing to it.

Blissey doesn't need any SDef at all. Pump those into HP and/or SAtk. Roar on Swampert isn't going to stop Gyarados since it almost always carries Taunt.
K, I'll change Blissey's EVs. Btw, Roar on pert isn't only for Gyaras, I'm sorry it was just the first thing I thought of. Roar is used for general phazing purposes, like roaring out jask lategame when I might've blown up steelix.

I can see slight Hera problems,
So, maybe Skarm over Steelix? He could help out against Snorlax too.

Also, thx for the idea, but I doubt I'll use a SDpass Cele on this team.

you could go w/ cbmence over draggy 4 hera
Ok, no offense, but you know someone's just trying to gain some postcount ++ when he posts something like that (^) in a RMT topic.

And don't go, "what's ur problem man i gave u a suggestion!" The veil covering that post was so thin only a moron would use it for a condom.

Well ranting aside, I believe I have already stated, or at least implied, in the OP why I'm running CBnite over CBmence. And as for countering Hera, Mence won't like repeatedly switching in on CB Megahorn/RS, even with Intimidate.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
The only real difference is that he'll take one more than Dragonite would able to.

Now that I really think about it, your team has to lose a good amount of health to take down Gyarados (Dragonite switches in to Thunderbolt taking somewhere over 50% or Steelix takes and EQ and explodes). I'm a pretty conservative player, so in my eyes, that's not all to great. That further enforces my suggestion to throw thunder wave somewhere in there. It also provides an actual reason that Salamence could be used over Dragonite.

So basically you guys are saying Hera/Gyara weak right? Well I guess Skarm over Steelix would work out then. I think standard Skarm DP on Gyara is ~4HKO, but I'm not sure. Well at least standard HP fly Tauntridos can't do much to Skarm anyway so it's still good.

wish mence is pretty decent combine with subbing poli and roaring pert. and it also makes your team a bit less hera weak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)