It's Eelektric! An OU Offensive RMT

It's Eelektric!
by CreepyBus

Presented in selected order

About this team, and me ^_^

Hello everyone! Thank you for checking out my team. This is my first serious OU attempt since the tiers have semi-stabilized. As you can see this team looks a little shy of the norm, but I assure you that it functions well. I tend to be like a Hot-Topic shopper when it comes to making teams. Have to have some sort of gimmick or indie setup. What you'll find here is an aggressive approach to the current meta, and a few tricks to boot. Finally, before the nitty gritty, I'm not the uber player only spoken of in legend. So I present you my team recipe to help further it's success.
♥Comment and critique if you please ♥

The brass tacks
randomly named after fighting games, yay!

OTG (Eelektross) (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 44 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

I was browsing through random sets when I came across Eelektross. Mono-Electric typing, combined with Levitate, makes this bulky special attacker weak to no attacks in the game. This is basically the Acid Spray set with said move replaced by Thunder Wave. I feel too many steels are in the meta to let AS thrive. TWave also helps calm Haxorus wanting to switch-in and go bananas. Life Orb > Leftovers because I want to put more damage on Heatran / Tyranitar. This set also allows unique return-fire due to the 208 EVs in HP. 44 Spd to outpace Blissey in need off revenge kill. Levitate allows free switch-ins on EQs meant for Tentacruel.

Kara Cancel (Weavile) (F) @ Choice Band Trait: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

Standard Weavile set here. Weavile is just rude. All these pesky dragons flying around. Pshh! Get Ice Punched in the face. Pursuit helps clean up all Psychics and non-resists near death. Ice Shard for priority vs already setup sweepers and hating on Whimscott. Also, if Alakazam thinks it can Energy Ball Gastro I can switch in and kill with Pursuit.

Just Frame (Deoxys-S) @ Expert Belt Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Ball
- Psycho Boost
- Hidden Power [Fire]

All credits for this set, akaik, go to ShakeItUp. An absolutely steller set. I've modified it to carry Shadow Ball, instead of Spikes. I'm basically guaranteed to get Stealth Rocks up if I so choose. SB helps against other Psychics so I don't get walled. HP Fire OHKO Scizor, and puts hefty dents in Ferrothorn and Skarmory. Psycho Boost 1-Shottin' Fighting types like a boss while 252 EVs in HP soak up priority attacks in a similar boss-life fashion.

Wake-UpGames (Gastrodon-East) (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

How is the usage going down on this thing? Especially since I've been using it so much. Rotom-W .... LOLOLOLOL kthxbai. Taking a Will-O-Wisp for other team members is sexy with two Choice Band users. It let's me then soak up Poison. TWave already on lock. With the EVs chosen I put monster dents in any Steels touching the floor. I especially need to hit Jirachi as hard as flippin' possible. Tyrantiar also cowers unless it's a CB variant. Toxic helps nap those levitating and flying hooligans. Gastro takes so many hits for this team that I'm surprised it sticks around, but Recover helps it stay for a long time. Literally this thing is the glue to my team.

Hype (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Do I even need to say anything? Ok, ok, fine. He also carries Pursuit, he also carries a Priority attack. You see ladies, and gents, Eelektross can do a lot on it's own, buuuut, often enemies are left with low low HP. So this team has two monsters doing similar, but very different jobs. Unlike Weavile, Scizor is also capable of taking hits while dishing it back. Threats like Terrakion caught in a X-Scissor will hardly dent Scizor, who threatens with a STAB Technician Bullet Punch.

Whoopsie! (Tentacruel) (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

A nice utility set rounds things out for the team. Helps tank with Gastro. Infernape gets walled nicely, saving Gastro from guessing if it's a mixed set. Can take a +1 or CB hit from various dragons and reply with Ice Beam, then sacrifice for Weavile follow up. Also trashes most Leech Seeders. Makes jokes out of Drain Punchers too. Liquid Ooze is quite a surprise too. Can switch into Ferrothorn on Leech Seed, Spin rocks/spikes, & shrug off quite a few Power Whips. Scrafty / Conkldurr also get shut down and have to fear Scald burns. Toxic Spikes help against bulky waters, baton passers, and setup sweepers.

Personal Threats

I know there is an OU Threat List in the sticky above. However, I feel that eventually a team gets personal threats. It all comes down to how well balanced your team is, and furthermore, how you play. How I address something with this team will be different from the way you do. It effects match outcomes, and what makes this team crumble in my hands.

• SD Gliscor / Lucario if they get their respective +1
  • Some Jirachi sets. I can't quite place a finger on it because everyone is running him in some different way.
  • Sableye. Foul Plays my Gastro, or Toxics it before I can get it Paralyzed. W-o-Ws my choice banders. HAIR PULLING ARGH!!!
  • Toxicroak can Sucker Punch Deoxys-S, and eventually kill Tentacruel via bulk-ups, plus removes TSpikes.
  • CroCune if Gastrodon is dead.
  • THE RARE REST / SLEEP TALK / DRAGON TAIL MILOTIC
Thank You

Well there you have it. I hope I gave enough information and not too much. Please leave any suggestions you may think of with reasoning for them. I appreciate your time spent helping / discussing my team.

EDITS

1/2/2012 - Looked a little thin, so I added more information.

Oh man. It seems the build-up to New Years made me miss recent changes. I suppose this thread can be closed, unless it's ok to stay open to Deo-S substitute discussion. Does anyone know? I spent a lot of time testing this team and would hate to waste it all.

Actually yes you can keep this open for a sub for Deoxys

As for Deoxys, you could do Deoxys Defense, as its not banned plus some beastly defense stats for a wall. Perfect for stalling out and wearing pokes down. Plus he can use spikes

On the other hand, to solve your gliscor/lucario weakness, Latios is a perfect counter since he is quick and powerful with nice support options too.

If you don't want to lose Stealth rock support, try Skarmory. I can see this team getting schooled by a Choice Scarf Terrakion should Scizor and Gasrodon die. With Skarm, you can wall physical threats, set up spikes or stealth rock, and phaze. Plus Skarm's weakness are covered already by Tenta, Gastro, and Eelek. In addition, he too can get rid of Gliscor and Lucario as Gliscor sets will only have Earthquake and Ice Fang for attacking moves most of the time and you can get rid of lucario with a whrilwind even if it Sword Dances twice and Close Combats. Of course, for Lucario, it assumes if you Skarm is like at least 80% HP. Try this set out

Skarmory
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Moves:
~ Roost
~ Stealth Rock
~ Whirlwind
~ Brave Bird

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
An option to replace Deoxys is Azelf, who has 115 speed, can run all the above moves but with more power. Here is the set:

Azelf @Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Stealth Rock
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower

This does everything like the Deoxys except lack bulk. However, you are rewarded with much stronger attacks. Hope I helped :D.

Good prediction with Heatran absolutely tore this team apart in our battle.

Bulky Gliscor > Gastrodon (Not going to lose out to status, covers more weaknesses and can still utilize Ice-type moves with better defensive typing and way more bulk.) Also covers Skarmory's role, so you can replace Skarmory with something that's going to contribute more to the overall goal of the team.

Try a Scarftran or Offensive Air Balloon Tran.

I'm oKing btw.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions tonight. I'm pretty tired, but have tested quite a bit. I was excited to have replies already.

@Deranged - I really loved skarmory. It did a lot for the team. Very defensive, and and destroy teams not prepared for the suggested set. Sadly though, the defense was too much. I found myself relying on a skarmoy/tentacruel combo, with gastro for special hits. It worked, but it was all phazing and entry damage. It didn't feel how I wanted the team to be, and I felt it broke some synergy based on my playstyle. Thank you though. I may try a Skarmory/Gastro/Tenta core someday, or something similar.

@Dcae - Thanks for the new lead suggestion. I'm currently testing variations of this. I've tried your suggestion, but with Fire Blast > Flamethrower. I've also tried a SR/Taunt/Uturn/FB set... but found it lost offensive play that the team is based around. Still testing... so fair it's about 60/40 good. yay!

@Charlie Bear - Appreciate the comment after the battle. Didn't have replays being saved :[ would've watched again. I do remember you played well though. I'm currently trying your gliscor suggestion in tandem with Dcae's azelf suggestion. It's a little getting used to, but it's working. The only problem here is now Rotom-W is causing problems. Gastro was so set and forget v Rotom so I'm tinkering around. Thanks again. Overall, really liking gliscor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)