Its raining men!

Hello smogon, here I want to show you a rain stall team ive been working on for a while, I really love it! But after a while, I discovered some weakness, and Id like you to help here, il explain the team goal and stuff later, now to the team!

EDIT: Changes are in bold

RainingMen! (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Perish Song
- Encore
- Protect

Well ya need this guy to start rain now dont you! To the EVs: I made it physically defensive to deal with lead TTar better, because most people except sp defensive poli, and it worked out pretty well so far! No speed EVs of course to outspeed Speedy Ttars and ninetales and get my own rain up.
I prefer Scald here because I prefer to try and burn most of the leads I face, Protect is for lefties and scout the oponent, so most of the time I can Encore something, and if the opponent is setting up I can just Perish song, but I dont like revealing it until the last poke is up. Thats right, I try and keep this fella for my opponents last pokemon, because I cant phaze it out if its a setupper! So far it worked out pretty well!

Boo! (Dusclops) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 156 HP / 208 Def / 144 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Night Shade

This guy just tanks anything. This is my spinblocker, and one of my physically defensive walls, but also works in sp def too! This guy beats all the spinners except for Starmie, wich gives me problems ONLY IF ITS A SPINNER (As in, blocking the spin, if not its not a threat) Works as a really nice status absorber, stops physical sweepers cold with his amazing bulk thanks to Eviolite and WoW, night shade for dem constant damage.
He is a really important member, but when I wish I could stop +2 excadrill, he just...cant :(, at least when they show it, and thats pretty late game, when dusclops, even healthy, must be like 100% to take an EQ...I think...

Cats. (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Well I love cats, a lot. This guy is here to lay those hazards up, so those pokes think twice before entering the dam battlefield. Hes my rapid spinner as well, sadly, he isnt really able to beat Ghosts...except...Gengar if Focus blast misses? But he works amazingly as a Physical wall as wall. (Funny fact, he took a +4 Jolly Excadrill EQ barely...but he didnt kill back with Gyro Ball :() I usually just force a switch with his amazing bulk, and depends on my situation, lay spikes or just rapid spin if my field is getting a bit out of hand, specially against Ferrothorns that think they can setup leech seed on me and spikes!
Many call Forretress setup fodder, while its true, I do have a whole team to cover that for him, and, lets face it, he forces lots of switches, perfect to lay down the hazards!
Recently I started considering going full physical defense on this guy, so id like help there!

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Ice Beam

Here she is! The fat sssssluperduper special wall! She replaced Ferrothorn, to handle some threats I had going on, along changing Garchomp for Gliscor.
The EVs are pretty standard but they work, 252 Def lets her takes one or two, or even three physical hits, depending from who.
At first you would think Wish is reundant on a stall team where everyone have some way or another to recover. Well, it helps Forretress, because he only have lefties, Politoed, because he only has protect (lefties), Dusclops if hes sleeping and is not that healthy, Vappy with few HP, Gliscor for instant health back instead of 13% per end of the turn and herself as well!
I needed stealth rock somewhere, thats another reason I chose her. Seismic toss is for obvious constant damage, and Ice beam lets me take care of those Gliscors who think they can setup on me, or Garchomps that think they will get a free SD up on the switch!

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang

I replaced Garchomp for this bad boy, and it helped me with pretty much every threat I had so far! Besides he makes a really incredible defensive core along Blissey, or he can just setup on his own start tearing things up! Ice fang (just as blisseys ice beam) is there to surprise stuff like garchomp or opposing gliscor setting up. While it helps too when scizor tries to setup SD, and Gliscor is bulky enough to take a +2 or even +4 SD and setup on his own, leaving Scizor dead or just incredibly hurt, he also makes Dusclops life easier, as Dusclops cant burn just anything, and its slower than most of the setup sweepers, and cant burn stuff behind a Substite. Do I really needa explain Earthquake?

DemMeow (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 240 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Acid Armor
- Roar
- Rest
- Surf

This is my Teams main phazer. When layers are setup, and ready to go, get her in, force a switch, get an Acid Armor off, and Voila! Surf hits really hard in rain and with STAB, even without SP atk evs, and its excellent coverage even in just one move. Roar to go Rawr all over the opponents team, and stall and stall. Its just beautiful seeing aaaaaaall the HP back to Vappys bar with Rest, and waking up the same turn! Works as a pretty nice status absorber as she actually absorbs it 100%. Not much else to say, pretty obvious and common set
P.D: The 12 Speed is there to outspeed another Vaporeon, but maybe im using too much, maybe with 8 it should be enough.

This team goal: Basically, force switches with my team amazing bulk, and get the entry hazards up with Forry and Blissey, both of these forces lots of switches, so they can setup pretty easily.
When that pesky spinner comes in, Dusclops just burns it, the night shade away, except Starmie, as I mentioned before, wich can just recover off the damage and hit pretty hard with Hydro Pump or Surf. Blissey cant kill it quick either, as he does have recover and natural cure, if it gets poisoned by toxic spikes, but it just cant hurt my team, thats all.
I keep Politoed safe to win weather wars, and for my opponent last poke, and ya know, Perish song it. (Perfect Example: Last Poke Reuniclus with Calm Mind, hes slower, I get in Politoed and Perish Song, unless I have few options late I just Encore then Perish song, and mess around) But he works too as a phazer with perish song, I just dont like revealing it.
Blissey helps with wish passing to members, because not all of them have reliable or instant recovery, helps to scout, and force more switches and more damage!
Gliscor was an amazing suggestion, he checks lots of my old threats, only leaving me open to some new ones il specify down there.
Finally, and as I said before, Vaporeon is there to take hits all day, and stay there forever, roar stuff out, and rack up damage.

Id like to post some threats ive found over time:

Thundurus: not as much in the past, but +2 Focus blast WILL hurt Blissey, gladly, focus blast LOVESSS to miss, but it worries me even more if it carries NP AND Taunt, so no wish for me in the process, but not that much of a threat anymore.

Whimsicott: Cold stop if Gliscor is dead, but thankfully, they show it early game most of the time. Basically, I just go to Gliscor to take the leech seed, and ice fang to break the dam sub. I cant get SD up because the thing will just encore! Grr...but its just more annoying than a threat, again, if Gliscor is dead, it can be gg.

COLD STOP TO MY TEAM: Yep, found another one, and I just cant believe it LOL. Serperior, now, its a bit specific but, Leaf storm, (I dont care what HP, hope its not electric you will see why) Substitute Leech seed.
I cant taunt it with Gliscor because I will get a Leaf storm to the face, and if its on the switch, il get two later, wich I wont survive. Blissey can take it to an extent, but WILL die, specially with seed going on, forry cant take a +4 really well, specially if they carry HP fire. What I usually do is just try and stall it out of Leaf storms, between Poli protect ("revenge" kill) Blissey pathetic bulk, etc.

Made some changes, hope you still look forward to rating my team and let help me improve!

Ferra seems pretty weird when you consider your team so i would at least change the set too:
ferra@ shed shell
iron barbs
thunder wave/sub/leech seed/power whip
it stalls behind the sub while the pokemon cant it it because either para or the sub power whip is just there for the damage and shed shell is there bacause he can become locked in by magnezones.

Garchomp shouldnt have SR as you dont want to use rocks when you need the switch so i would have a move like dragon claw or Equake as it can deal damage while dragon tail can swap them out.
Dusclops should be a subsplit instead of a restalk as two talkers is too much and at least it gives a good amount of recovery and it helps you avoid status considering you dont have a cleric.

Did you note that you don't have even a single pokemon with an offensive nature? Even your Garchomp. Some pokemons are not there to sponge ice beams, but to beat the hell out of ice beam users before they even think about using it. Garchomp is one of those. Remember that Nature affects in %, so a pokemon with 100 will only get 10 more, but a pokemon with 300 will get 30 more due to the nature

@ wacky tabaky: Ferrothorn doesnt fear Magnezone at all. Specially since my Ferro is sp defensive, in rain, HP fire does completely nothing, and I can just leech seed the Magnezone to recover almost all the health back. Dusclops is too slow to Use substitute, and for status absorbing, I prefer Rest (sounds pretty obvious...) Having two restalkers gives me the chance to absorb status and tank stuff from different threats. About Chomp, ive been thinking of giving SR to Ferro, so Garchomp could have EQ, but im not thaaat sure.

@ kaiijy: Yes I did notice that, its a stall team ya know... Everything here spongs ice beams except Garchomp, I just wanted to show a little fun fact. Besides, the nature helps a lot, and the only attack I have for those "ice beam users" is Dragon tail, wich goes last anyways.

lol@that politoed pic XD, and the nattorei's just huge, the team looks good but you run rain with like nothing but walls o-o, atleast run something that can use thunder for coverage

okay rai boi heres what Im thinking. you're having trouble with exca and SD chomp. Well gliscor is a great member to use in the team since he can check both pretty easily. He also helps against breloom since after the toxic orb activates breloom can't do much to him. He can also boost himself up with something like Swords Dance to deal with other random fighting and ground types that give you the blues.

so heres the set

Gliscor@ Toxic Orb
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
Ability: Poison Heal
-Earthquake
-Taunt
-Swords Dance/Toxic
-Ice Fang

now then Thundurus is the other major problem Im seeing. You could consider carrying a dedicated special wall like Blissey since she can seismic toss it to death and heal off any damage. She can also help everyone else by passing HUGE wishes to them. Thats all I got not really sure what you would want to replace for them but they would both help wiht the current weaknesses.

if your very worried about a subbing breloom you could add a Roserade in place of Ferrothorn considering Forretress can set up spikes already etc

@ Pure, il be using that gliscor set along with the wish passing blissey as well, thanks a lot! Hope it works out well

@ Austindaboss123 Thanks for the suggestion, but I think il go with gliscor haha, thanks anyways!

you've got a problem with perversity serperior not sure if he's released yet though so...
Nah, DW Unova pokemon, sans Darmanitan and Musharna, have not been released yet.
----------------
Also, Rai, one easy way to deal with fast-but-frail threats like Voltbro and Whimsitroll, is to carry a super fast-super powerful sweeper of your own. Even something as simple as a scarfed poke with beastly Atk or SAtk would do the trick. The only downside to that is that it would throw off the synergy that you have so far, so you'd be forced to change things around.
Case in point is that Thundurus and Whimsicott take a masive dump on Stall teams anyways, so you're handicapped from the get-go against them.

I'd swap Night Shade on Dusclops for Seismic Toss. Same thing, but it hits normies. Just means you can't use him against ghosts, which you wouldn't anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)