Its wet, its blue... (rmt)

... Its your mother soaked in a blue coat... (soo not funny!)
So yeah I have a team way back somewhere here, I cant really find it.
Here is the new team, would really like to have it rated etc :).

Read First:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok looked into a couple of things.
Removed vaporeon, replaced it with gyara.
Kabutops stays... period. (for now lol)
Added swordsdance on kabutops to help it sweap a bit better.
Made kingdra mixed attacker, happy?

Im thinking... what do I do if lets say a cune comes in and starts calm minding me? How do I counter that?

At a Glance:

Jirachi @ Damp Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/56 Atk/76 Def/136 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Wish
- U-turn
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
Starter, sets up rain.
Thunder+serene grace+rain = parahax+dmg!
Oh snap! Stroaking some cats!´

So this guy is pretty simple, and do not need any explanation other then the one above.

(Im seriously thinking of replacing this guy, he doesnt fit the "theme" thought he does do a pretty good job ^^ )
---

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 168 Atk / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Draco Meteor
Mixed Rain sweaper. Can pretty much take down anything.
*Pew pew*
So this is a mixed set kingdra.
Stabbed surf in rain hurts like hell on almost anything, icebeam is there for coverage.
Dracometeor is for neutrality, and I can keep on sweaping with waterfall even if I have used DM.
Waterfall is for special walls like Blissey.
---

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Rain Dance
*Insert short, but informational and funny sentence here*
So this is my newest addition to the team, havnt had the chance to test him on smogon proporly yet, but I will very soon. But the set looks promesing, and I really needed that electric imunity!
---

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Heal Bell
- Leech Seed
I like the green stuff... it maked me "fly"... seriously!
I got alot of people telling me that para-hax screws this team... well not anymore!
Not a whole lot to add, its a standard bulky clerk-celebi.
---

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 20 HP/252 Att/236 Speed
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- X-scizor
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
In rain this guy packs a punch (or slash rofl) and "he be fast like race car!"
I love this guy, and I have ever since Blue and red version! Im starting to doubt his place in this team. But he is still on, and he still hurts.
My physical attacker, works wonders after a swordsdance in rain!
---

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 74 HP/252 Atk/184 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
Phew its over... no more sweaping... Oh my gawd! Big serpent flyer thingie AHHHH! (late game sweaper)

Very very Basic, lategame sweaper. Dragondance and sweap away!
---

---------------------
Now here follows my threat list, this is the first one I have ever made, so if anything is out of place let me know!
---------------------

Threat List:

Garchomp: Kingdra, Swampert

Blissey:kabutops, Gyarados,Kingdra,Swampert,Celebi

Gengar: Kabutops can work as revenge-killer with aqua yet, and both kingdra and kabutops outspeeds gengar in rain.
Swampert works aswell.

Gyarados: Kabutops in rain, jirachi, Gyarados,

Tyranitar: its pretty much covered with my 3water types.

Lucario: Swampert, Gyarados, Celebi

Heatran: 123 WATER

Metagross: Gyara/Swamperty with EQ and Kingdra/kabutops also handles this guy in rain.

Salamence: Swampert, Kingdra

Bronzong: Gyarados

Infernape: Not a problem

Swampert: Not a Problem

Weavile: Not all to worried, got this guy covered...

Skarmory: I got some ice coverage, and some electric, so it should be alright.

Forretress: I think this guy pretty much walls me.

Gliscor: Water... really, its just that simple.

Cresselia: Dont know :S

Starmie: Celebi, Jirachi

Breloom: Hate this thing!

Heracross: Possibly a threat.

Togekiss: No problem in rain

Celebi: He is a bit of a problem

Hippowdon: Wattttter

Azlef: In rain not a threat, otherwise... bit of a hassle.

Dusknoir: Anything :P

Snorlax: Gyara, kabutops, kingdra, Swampert?

Jirachi: Swampert, Gyarados, Kabutops

Suicune: Celebi, Gyarados, Jirachi

Vaporeon: Celebi

Porygon Z: ...

Electrivire: Swampert, celebi, Jirachi?

Machamp: Gyara,jirachi,Kingdra.

Zapdos: Jirachi, Swampert and easy pickins in rain.

Yanmega: Its hard for me to counter but I can handle him ok I guess.

Ninjask: Guess just keep hitting those subs and then try to handle
whatever comes in.

Alakazam: Aqua Jet from kabutops unless rain is up.

Aerodactyl: Almost my entire team ^^.

Rhyperior: Same as above, not really a problem.

Tangrowth: I don't really see many of these.

Dragonite: kingdra, swampert

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just a minor issue; I'd change Kabutops' EVs to 20 HP/252 Att/236 Speed and change the nature to Jolly. That way, you can outrun 279ers like Lucario.

I like this team, its different. You should definitely make sure Swampert is healthy, or else you're really going to have trouble with Ttar, Garchomp, and the like late game.

Making Gyarados bulky would help with these guys as well as covering Heracross better (since Jirachi doesn't exactly have the moves with the set you're using).

Salamence with Draco Meteor/ Fire Blast is going to be a little harder to deal with until you get Rain Dance going. If it uses the less obvious move turn one and you switch out, you're in a world of pain. Maybe you can lead with Swampert to pose an immediate threat to leadoff mence?

If Gyarados had Roar you could counter Suicune a lot better. This is asking to give up a lot of coverage in one of your attacks though.

If I do get a leadoff mence on my hands, I usally risk the 1turn for raindance since it mostly doesnt OHKO Jirachi. And I do see your point on the roar thing on gyara... But I cant really delete any move... really.

And the plus side with leading with jirachi is that it´s counters (often fire pokes or atleast fire users) allow me to switch in almost anything, and most importantly, my 2 fragile sweapers can handle fire attacks with them both having x4 resistance.
Thought if I sence an EQ comming. I might switch gyara frist to avoid, and then continiue onwards with a sweaper.

Sounds like a sound enough plan to handle that threat? or do I need changes within the team?

:)

Ok I've run some Rain Dance in the past and I think you'll need more than 2 Rain Dancers. Both Shaymin and Celebi give this team major trouble when Rain is down. If PlotElf getes a NP while Rain is down, then it's pretty much gg. ParaFlinch Hax Togekiss ruins you if Rain is down, as does SD Yache Garchomp. Both of your Salamence "counters" get OHKO'd by Specs Draco Meteor. You also have major trouble killing off Breloom, even though you have the best potential counter in the game.

Overall you rely on Rain too much, and yet have only 2 Rain Dancers. Get some extra speed that doesn't rely on Swift Swim or another bulky Rain Dancer over Gyrados.

yeah... I got 2pokes that "rely" on rain... Gyara, Swampert, Celebi and jirachi can pretty much hold there own without the rain no?

Ok Azntrumpet; What poke would u suggest I get rid off? In my eyes it looks pretty solid as stated above...

I'd change those Attack EV's on Jirachi for Special attack to give Thunder that extra kick. I also think that Gyarados should be replaced with possibly a dragon type as well, gyarados doesn't seem necessary and something like a dragonite could take it's place. Draggy's weaknesses are all covered by jirachi. Ice types won't be much of a worry.

Dragonite can also DD :)

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Hmm I don't care for Stone Edge Gyara since Rocks coverage can pretty much be accomplished with either Ground or Ice, so stick to Ice Fang for Dragons or Earthquake because it's a good general move.

Ok, thank you all for your inputs so far. I will be looking into some as soon as I get home from work :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)