IV Distribution of Legendaries in Emerald: Edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I think X-Act changed his mind about releasing "too much information." I think we should spill everything we know, to be honest. ;/ Others, feel free to chime in.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
If that's the case, things would be made so much easier.

I thought X-Act was being selective in his release on information.

Well, here is a question I get from this.

Say someone gets an Adamant Groudon with IVs of; A/B/C/D/E/F (using variables because I don't know a random legeal combination of the top of my head)....Would it be possible for ANY other person to get an Adamant Rayquaza with the exact same IVs (as long as they get the timing, right)?

Or is it like Shinies- the trainer/Secret ID counts (..maybe to a lesser extent)?

So question - if I save in front of the legend, will it lock the IVs in, or can it still randomize the seed?

In emerald, the Kyongre/Groudon caves - should I save at any particular moment? The weather institute? Just outside the cave? Can I save in front of the legend?

And what about other RNG things - for instance, a Latias in a trade thread I saw had the exact same IVs as a Ditto. Does this mean that Seeding occurs only once, and that If I catch one pokemon, that pokemon 2 will have the same IVs?

And, when are natures set?

And does this mean that R/S/Fr/Lg are set in the very begging? That if I shut off my sapphire to get a better Kyogre/Quaza, that it will be the exact same thing?

Where you save in Emerald doesn't matter, the time you take between the game booting up and you meeting the target pokemon is all that matters - at least that you have control over at this point.

Seeding only occurs in Emerald when you enter your trainer name, or at least the seeding of the seeds does; this means that pokemon you meet the exact same length of time after you boot your game up will have the same seed and thus same IVs, natures and shininess or not.

Natures are set at the same time as the IVs and shininess as you probably gathered from my last point.

No, all 3rd gen games other than Emerald seed each time you boot up the game and thus is a different set of numbers each reset. This thread only applies to Emerald.

Note - this is just me answering a few common questions, all this information was gathered by the hard working and much more intelligent than me people who have been researching this and posting in this and the previous thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)