I've had enough it's time for something real!

I for one don't like pokemon having limited to one move on fast teams such as Rain Dance teams (CB Swampert), being that your pokemon would/have to sweep from the get-go once the Rain is set up. I think Azu is a good idea as well, a Life Orb variant would make you freely use your moves while still owning frail sweepers with Rain Dance boosted Aqua Jet.

It really is a shame that Hypnosis dropped to 60%, as I used to use Crobat leads to set up Rain Dance all the time, being able to use Hypnosis then set up. Still Electrode is faster at doing this.

*Fish
Same i was actually going to use a Crobat lead but i hate that Hypnosis drop with a passion so now I'm using Electrode

uh.... what does Hypnosis drop have to do with using Crobat?

Brave Bird / Taunt / Roost / Rain Dance anyone?

Don't suggest U-turn either, because a fast U-turn is bad news for getting Swift Swimmers in, I would use that on Scizor. However, I still like Electrode in your lead spot, as Crobat's appeal dies now thaw Shaymin-S is gone. However, be weary of Breloom, since it ass fucks your team (and most rain Teams for that matter). Main reason being that it can explode out. I suggest running Naive Nature instead of Hasty, since you may get OHKOed if you Taunt Aerodactyl. Naive actually gives you a chance of survival... lol.

Also, please drop Outrage on Kingdra...

From my experience 3 Rain Dancers are absolute MINIMUM. I'm using 4 in my team and I saw in one of RaikouLover's team using 5 of them. +SpDef Tyranitar is good enough reason to have more then 2 Rain Dancers. Stay with those 3, it will be fine if those pokes are bulky enough.

Your lead is fine - right now Electrode is the best choice to start Rain Dance and he do that job quite well. Jirachi looks fine, with Kingdra use Rain Dance. It's bulky enough to use it effectively so it's fine, especially when your Ludicolo isn't focused on defences (which is even more important on that Kingdra). With Draco Meteor you don't need that Outrage to be honest. And Bulky Waters focus on physical defence anyway, so you'll hurt them much more with those Draco Meteors without Dragon Dance.

CBPert is interesting idea, but there's always the risk that ur gonna use Waterfall on hard resistances (like Vaporeon or Ludicolo) wasting those precious rain turns. Someone had here good suggestion - Life Orb Azumarill or SubPunch Azumarill would be good idea to help to abuse his huge attack and his priority with Rain Dance is on Scizor's CB Bullet Punch level.

Scizor is fine I guess, I like that set to be honest. But if you like to use underrated pokemon, here's my suggestion, if you need something bulky and having ability to scare of those auto-weather changes and get rid of Blissey (and Bulky Waters if you have ThunderPunch). About who I think ? Simple - Hariyama. I'm using standard "Defensive Hariyama" with Force Palm spread from analyses, but in place of Knock Off Rain Dance. It works fine for me, maybe you'll like it.

With that team I see a little problem - but it's not that often, so I think it's not that troublesome - Toxic Spikes. Most of your pokemon won't enjoy being poisoined, especially against well built stall teams. If you meet heavy stall with poison, you may have some problems. I think that only pokemon, which could help with it is SD Qwilfish, but I'm not sure who could you replace here. But if you don't have that problem, than don't use it ;).

But I need to say that your RD team looks solid and have methods to go through Blissey and bulky waters, pokes which are the biggest challanges for any RD team. Congratz, I like that team. Cheers.

If you're worried about toxic spikes, one solution that I really like is to throw in something like Toxicroak to remove them if the situation ever arises, and it's very strong in Rain teams regardless.
I do hear complaints about it being too weak for OU, but after a Nasty Plot boost, it's wide range of moves is a dominant threat, and even if holding life orb, it still gains HP in the rain due to dry skin. Though I'll admit it's not the best choice for an OU rain team, it cen definately stand on its own.

Jirachi can be great in rain dance teams, but with kingdra and ludi being better sweepers in the rain, you might as well put some support moves on it. One of the biggest things jirachi has over bronzong is the ability to wish, which makes it much easier to safely get in your life orb sweepers.

I would say keep the CB swampy, he makes a good ttar killer and more importantly a good blissey killer. I would recommend sticking in stealth rock on him over superpower though.
OR if not stealth rock, maybe go with brick break because 8 turn light screens are a huge pain in the ass for RD teams.

Also, @wildfire393, CB gyara is great if you ask me. Over dd gyara he gives you the ability to make big predictions and nearly OHKO counters with 4 attacking moves, and is best used in conjunction with jolt or electivire, as when the opponent figures out that youre slugging away with a boosted waterfall and not setting up, theyre more likely to hit you with the electric move off the bat.

And back to the team... an unfortunate feature of RD teams is that you end up being super weak to an opposing DD swift swim kingdra after setting up rain for them. Roar empoleon would counter him good, but its hard to find an open slot for it... bronzong would help by hoping it had a majority of its hp left to survive the +2 stab LO waterfall, and then exploding.

Anyway cool team, rain teams are great and I like to see other ones floating around to give me ideas.

thanks a lot you guys! i never expected the team to be any good at all. so far no one uses toxic spikes on me, so right now they're not an issue. i would probably add that qwilfish or maybe a tentacruel. Thanks for the compliments on the Scizor btw, I just pulled a bunch of support moves out of its movepool and checked to see how they'd turn out on one moveset. so far i love this team and i'll make necessary changes based on ur suggestions if I see any problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)