Jay's OU Team

Hey, today i'm going to show you my new OU team i made, it's doing really well.
EDIT: was specs set

Espeon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Fire]
First off we have espeon, and it's amazing, not only is she my status absorber/blocker but she stops my opponents from setting up hazards which help so much in the long run. I run calm mind on it for more power, and to support my team by passing, i can also bluff choice items. She helps a lot, not only does he deflect all non attacking moves, but she can predict switches and baton pass giving me switch advantage, or shoot off a psychic which does a ton to almost everything that doesn't resist. I don't like shadow ball as much for coverage, because i have a scizor and a gengar, plus i can pass off to something if i need something for psychics. Hp fire for more coverage, mainly for ferrothorn and scizor, but i usually handle scizor before i need to :P.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 152 HP / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Now we have scizor, he's so amazing for so many reasons, mainly because he's one of the biggest counters to reuniclus which is great to have.
Banded scizor can tear through so many pokes, and take hits from so many pokes too. I can u turn for switch advantage, and do a nice chunk while doing so. He's my priority user and a really good one, because bullet punch does a ton to most of the stuff that's faster than him lol. Super power of course for coverage, and pursuit to hit lati@s and gengar on the switch. i run 152 sdef because i don't really find me taking too many physical hits that much, and i can live hp fires, 104 speed to outspeed 4 spe heatran.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SAtk / 120 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Now we have rotom-w, one of the most used pokes in OU, because he's as most of you know very good. He only has 1 very uncommon weaknesses, and about 5 resists i think? he's also neutral to everything but grass, which only celebi and ferrothorn use. I run 120 speed to outspeed 236 (base 100s), and max satk and modest to do a ton of damage to anything i'm hitting with hydro pump, and for more power on volt for volt turning. I prefer volt switch over t bolt because switch advantage is amazing, and because the power difference doesnt matter at all. Pain split to live longer, and to troll blissey lol. Will o wisp to burn scizors and ferros and ttar and dnite and stuff, it helps vs stall too.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
Oh, dragonite one of the most amazing pokes in OU because of multiscale. He almost got banned because of it and i don't see why he didn't lol, he's amazing. With the speed ev's i can hit 362 at +1, which is all i need most of the time, especially when i usually get +2 easily for scarfers, and the extra attack is always nice. I like bulky dnite a lot better than max attack because he can take hits with ease especially with multiscale, i like lum berry as well for outrage, and so i cant be status'd while sweeping. Earthquake over fire punch because it generally hits everything better, other than scizor or ferrothorn and dnite can easily beat scizor, and i got a bunch of stuff for ferrothorn.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
Gengar despite being walled by a lot this gen, and not being as useful as other pokes is still amazing. This set might seem a little bit "Weird" but it's actually really amazing. Destiny bond helps a lot, i can kill a really huge threat that i need dead, or to confirm i'm going to kill something if i'm at low hp or something. I love substitute on this set because if something's faster than me i can hit it while it breaks the sub, and it helps when rachi paras something i can sub hax. Focus blast for coverage, and to make sure i don't get walled by anything, this set usually takes down atleast 2-3 pokes. Shadow ball of course for STAB and power and gengar helps a lot vs reuniclus.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock
Last but not least, jirachi, one of the most annoying pokemon in the game lol. Not only can it walls almost anything special, but it can also wall a ton of physical attacker too, while being a steel type to cover my dragonite weakness. Iron head and body slam to troll a large portion of the meta, especially since gliscor has dropped in usage since excadrill went away. Jirachi is my stealth rock user and usually sets it up very easily, and wish of course to keep it alive to keep walling :P. I like 16 def ev's to take an earthquake or close combats and outrages a little bit better, i don't like speed ev's on jirachi because it usually paralyzes everything that outspeeds it.

Volt switch on rotom leaves you very susceptible (probably spelled wrong) to gyarados, especially as you have no strong counter to rain. Switching that to thunderbolt eliminates that and makes for a better baton pass recipient. Always fire punch on dragonite. Hits Almost everything harder. Scizor, forry, ferro, SKARM etc.
WTF with scizor's EVs?

Hey J,

Pretty solid team you have here, I don't see any "threatening weakness" at first sight. However, I don't like Specs Espeon though. Being stuck in one move often makes it Pursuit bait or set-up fodder. A Calm Mind version will suit better for this reason, if you still want to go the offense road. Although I can see a Dual Screen variant work even better, to give Dragonite an easier time setting up or to spam Volt Turn without taking to much damage.

Good luck.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, this is a solid team. First of all, I agree with Delko about using a Dual Screens Espeon instead of Specs. Espeon is great because it can bounce hazards and status back at the opponent. However, it isn't too impressive offensively due to Psychic being its prime STAB option. Instead, you should use Espeon to provide your team with as much support as possible. There are also many risks of being stuck in Choice Locked Psychic (Tyranitar anyone?), and it will cripple Espeon's ability to survive. Dragonite in particular is an absolute monster with Dual Screens and Multi Scale. Espeon isn't too offensively gifted either, so you're not losing out on much.

Opposing Rotom-W, Starmie, and Choice Specs Tornadus are all Pokemon who could potentially be problematic. To clean up this issue, I suggest changing Rotom-W to a Choice Scarf variant. This lets you get the Thunderbolt on opposing tank Rotom-W before they can respond, dealing significant damage and either 2HKOing, or putting it in KO range for another Poke such as Espeon. It also outspeeds and KOs Starmie and Tornadus with ease. I suggest going with a set of Hydro Pump/ Thunderbolt/ Volt Switch/ Trick. Currently, Sub DD Gyarados could give this team some problems. It will simply Substitute on turn 1, Dragon Dance as Rotom-W Volt Switches to break the Sub, KO the switchin, and get a Sub back up as Rotom-W switches back in. Rinse and repeat until your entire team is decimated. Thunderbolt allows you to break that chain on turn 1. Trick is obviously to cripple annoying Blissey and Gastrodon who think they have a free switchin. You have Espeon already to deal with Ferrothorn, so Hidden Power Fire on Rotom-W isn't needed. The only thing you want to watch is to not mindlessly spam Volt Switch. Without Leftovers recovery, Scarf Rotom-W will get worn out eventually.

Finally, I suggest trying an Offensive Lum DD Dragonite with DD/ Outrage/ EQ/ Extremespeed, with maximum Offensive investment and an Adamant Nature. This Dragonite has a much easier time sweeping, because Extremespeed allows it to pick off annoying Pokes such as Landorus who are trying to revenge kill. With Dual Screens and Wish support, Dragonite can easily get multiple chances to sweep. This also gives you the best mileage out of +1 Outrage, and you will get significantly more OHKOs and 2HKOs.

In Summary:
Dual Screens Espeon>Specs Espeon
pros: makes Dragonite impossible to bring down, lets Rotom-W/ Scizor come in and out freely, no risk of being stuck in Choice locked Psychic.
cons: less Offensive presence

Choice Scarf Rotom-W>Tank Rotom-W
pros: helps you deal with Starmie, Tornadus, Gyarados, and opposing Rotom-W, can cripple many common switchins
cons: can no longer freely spam Volt Switch without consequence

Offensive DDNite>Bulky DDNite
pros: abuses Dual Screens support from Espeon and Wish support from Jirachi, much more Offensive presence, can pick off potential revenge killers
cons: no more Roost

GL

Sets:
Espeon @ Light Clay
Magic Bounce
Timid
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fire

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Multi Scale
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extremespeed

hi

I edited the espeon set to CM and it works well, i can bluff choice, and still 1hko a lot of threats especially at +1 and pass it off to rotom or gengar, also put D bond on gengar over WoW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)