Jirachi is my Waifu (RMT)

So I'm sort of a new player to Pokemon, and just joined the forums a few days ago, and as such I'm not that experienced with the metagame, so if anyone could give me pointers on my team and such, it would be greatly appreciated.

Jirachi (Jewrachi) @ Leftovers

Ability: Serene Grace

EVs: 252 HP, 232 SpDef, 20 Spe

Nature: Careful (+SpDef, -SpAtk)

- Iron Head

- Body Slam

- Wish

- Stealth Rock

Jirachi acts as my main specially defensive Pokemon on the team. Body Slam and Iron Head provide the excellent and annoying paraflinching strategy, while at the same time being able to paralyze Ground types using Body Slam. Wish is there to support himself and other Pokes, while Stealth Rock (one of the best moves in the game) is there as it fits the most well on him.

Scizor (Scizorus Black) @ Choice Band

Ability: Technician

EVs: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 SpDef

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk

- Bullet Punch

- Pursuit

- Superpower

- U-Turn

The #1 most used Pokemon is up there in the usage chart for a reason. Technician Bullet Punch is a godsend, and I always try to fit in priority into any team that I can. Scizor is one of the best hard-hitting Pokes around, and he also can provide excellent Pursuit-trapping abilities against Latios and Celebi, as well as keeping up momentum with U-Turn

Gliscor (Annoying Fuck) @ Toxic Orb

Ability: Poison Heal

EVs: 252 HP, 72 Spe, 184 Def

Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpAtk)

- Earthquake

- Toxic

- Protect

- Substitute

Gliscor has won me more than his fair share of games. He's one of the most annoying Pokemon around and with good reason. His Toxic-stalling abilities are amazing, and his coverage with Earthquake hits pretty much anything that is immune to Toxic (bar random Steel types with Air Balloon). He's the defensive pivot of my team, and does a damn good job at it in my experience.

Terrakion (Kurt's 12 Gauge) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 HP
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword

I decided to have this amazing Pokemon be my new Scarfer, as I wanted a stronger physical presence on my team, as well as being able to hit things hard with fighting type attacks. X-Scissor is just there for extra coverage.

Rotom-Wash (Panty Dropper) @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 32 SpAtk, 224 SpDef
Nature: Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will O' Wisp

This guy acts as a sort of other defensive Pokemon, while at the same time helping my team on the defensive side, especially Gliscor if he needs, by spreading Will O' Wisps on hard-hitting physical Pokes. I decided not to go with Pain Split, and instead went with a second status-inducer, in order to better cripple Venasaur in the sun, as Venasaur hates paralysis much more than a burn.

Gengar (le Joker trololol) @ Black Sludge

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpAtk, 4 HP
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Fire

Gengar I decided was a great final addition to the team, as well as being one of my favorite Pokemon ever. He is an amazing special presence in the game, and I opted out of the typical Sub-Disable set, as I felt I needed some fire-type moves added to this team, and his HP Fire works surprisingly well what with his massive Special Attack.

For my teams, I mostly like to run a balance of offense and defense. Jirachi here is my main special wall, while Gliscor here is my main physical wall, as well as being excellent at stalling out other Pokes. I decided recently to switch out three of my team members, and instead replace them with Terrakion, Rotom-Wash, and Gengar, to try and see if they were a better fit for this team.

After looking over this team however, I realize that I have a very bad weakness to a Venasaur carrying HP Fire, especially in the sun, so I may/am trying to, find a replacement for either Rotom-Wash, or maybe even Gengar. I'm thinking possibly switching out both Rotom-Wash, and possibly Gliscor, for something else, although I'd rather not switch out Gliscor if I could help it, as he's helped me win many, many games before.

Any suggestions or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.​

Last edited:

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
At a glance, Ferrothorn will have many opportunities to set up on this team, and it seems that Sun teams could potentially be annoying simply because of the combination of things like repeated switch ins into boosted Fire Blasts, as well as Venusaur and Volcarona having a field day with this team if Volcarona is given the opportunity to set up with Scizor or Jirachi, or if Venusaur lands a Sleep Powder and proceeds to Giga Drain / Sludge Bomb a good portion of your Pokemon -- especially since most Venusaur run enough to outspeed Scarf Latios in the Sun.

In a perfect world, I'd just slap Heatran on your team and call it a day. I'd probably be replacing Starmie for Heatran because the spinning isn't absolutely necessary, but I don't know if Heatran meshes well with your team. It would be ideal if you could keep the speed and offensive pressure that Starmie brings, which Heatran can't do as well as Starmie. I wouldn't be a fan of Scarfing Heatran either simply because that's additional set up fodder for your opponents especially with Scarf Latios already in there.

I think Alakazam might be a good alternative to Starmie simply because it is fast and has good coverage like Starmie, and with the lack of a Spinner (which doesn't seem necessary with this team), Alakazam can compensate for this by being immune to entry hazards, letting it be a capable revenge killer thanks to its Focus Sash. 120 base speed allows Alakazam to outspeed all of the threats that Starmie outsped, including others such as Scarf Tyranitar and opposing Starmie, both of which could also be potentially annoying for this team to face. By running HP Fire on Alakazam, you give yourself an opportunity to beat Ferrothorn and Scizor, although you must be wary as to what you are switching Alakazam in on. You can probably switch in on a Leech Seed or a Spikes if Ferrothorn is trying to annoy your team, and you can scare them off with HP Fire. It also helps that you have Keldeo to provide additional support lategame if you don't want to waste Alakazam's Sash right off the bat.

I'd probably consider running Trick over HP Fire on Latios. It helps you deal better with Stall teams immensely, and takes the pressure off of Keldeo and Scizor to produce results. If you already have HP Fire on Alakazam, I'll consider that to be sufficient enough to beat out things like Ferrothorn and Scizor just as much as Latios, but better because Alakazam isn't bounded to one move. If your opponent wants to switch in a specially defensive Jirachi in on you, simply Trick it and render it useless against your team. Same idea goes to other common switch ins to Latios, such as specially defensive Tyranitar.

Alakazam@Focus Sash
Timid 252 spa / 252 spe / 4 hp
Psyshock/Focus Blast/HP Fire/Signal Beam

Good luck with the team. Hope I helped.

At a glance, Ferrothorn will have many opportunities to set up on this team, and it seems that Sun teams could potentially be annoying simply because of the combination of things like repeated switch ins into boosted Fire Blasts, as well as Venusaur and Volcarona having a field day with this team if Volcarona is given the opportunity to set up with Scizor or Jirachi, or if Venusaur lands a Sleep Powder and proceeds to Giga Drain / Sludge Bomb a good portion of your Pokemon -- especially since most Venusaur run enough to outspeed Scarf Latios in the Sun.

In a perfect world, I'd just slap Heatran on your team and call it a day. I'd probably be replacing Starmie for Heatran because the spinning isn't absolutely necessary, but I don't know if Heatran meshes well with your team. It would be ideal if you could keep the speed and offensive pressure that Starmie brings, which Heatran can't do as well as Starmie. I wouldn't be a fan of Scarfing Heatran either simply because that's additional set up fodder for your opponents especially with Scarf Latios already in there.

I think Alakazam might be a good alternative to Starmie simply because it is fast and has good coverage like Starmie, and with the lack of a Spinner (which doesn't seem necessary with this team), Alakazam can compensate for this by being immune to entry hazards, letting it be a capable revenge killer thanks to its Focus Sash. 120 base speed allows Alakazam to outspeed all of the threats that Starmie outsped, including others such as Scarf Tyranitar and opposing Starmie, both of which could also be potentially annoying for this team to face. By running HP Fire on Alakazam, you give yourself an opportunity to beat Ferrothorn and Scizor, although you must be wary as to what you are switching Alakazam in on. You can probably switch in on a Leech Seed or a Spikes if Ferrothorn is trying to annoy your team, and you can scare them off with HP Fire. It also helps that you have Keldeo to provide additional support lategame if you don't want to waste Alakazam's Sash right off the bat.

I'd probably consider running Trick over HP Fire on Latios. It helps you deal better with Stall teams immensely, and takes the pressure off of Keldeo and Scizor to produce results. If you already have HP Fire on Alakazam, I'll consider that to be sufficient enough to beat out things like Ferrothorn and Scizor just as much as Latios, but better because Alakazam isn't bounded to one move. If your opponent wants to switch in a specially defensive Jirachi in on you, simply Trick it and render it useless against your team. Same idea goes to other common switch ins to Latios, such as specially defensive Tyranitar.

Alakazam@Focus Sash
Timid 252 spa / 252 spe / 4 hp
Psyshock/Focus Blast/HP Fire/Signal Beam

Good luck with the team. Hope I helped.
The thing I'm thinking then, is if I switch out Starmie for Alakazam, then I might possibly then also want to switch out Latios for Garchomp for my Scarfer, as Garchomp would prevent me from then having a 2x weakness to Bug and Dark.

Although I'm not sure if this would be such a huge deal if I didn't switch out those two dragons.

I might have to test that out.

Thanks by the way.

Last edited:
All right...

I'd have to run calcs, but I'm pretty sure just Icy Wind on Keldeo is enough to beat both latii save specially defensive Latias, who can only roar/uninvested dragon pulse Keldeo, which isn't that bad. Additionally, I'd have to run calcs, but STAB secret sword might do more to full specially invested Latias. I'd recommended going Hidden Power Ghost > Hidden Power Electric, which still allows you to hit Jellicent while also giving you a solid hit against Tentacruel, who would otherwise wall you.

Since you note that Ferrothorn and Scizor are problems, I have a few suggestions. The biggest would be to run Magnezone, probably over starmie or Jirachi. A Choice Specs Magnezone is able to OHKO all scizor and 2HKO all [Standard] Ferrothorn, even in rain, with HP Fire. It also gets volt switch to aid volt turn strategies with scizor, as well as thunder to power through other rain teams. Flash cannon can be useful in the last slot to hit dragons and random others like Tyranitar. However, make sure to EV it enough to outspeed all commonly seen scizor (it can't beat 252 Spe Jolly, but those are rare enough that it doesn't pose a huge threat).

I can't say much more right now since I have to go. Good Luck with the team!

EDIT:
Shows how closely I read... I totally thought this was a rain team when I was rating it O.o

Last edited:
All right...

I'd have to run calcs, but I'm pretty sure just Icy Wind on Keldeo is enough to beat both latii save specially defensive Latias, who can only roar/uninvested dragon pulse Keldeo, which isn't that bad. Additionally, I'd have to run calcs, but STAB secret sword might do more to full specially invested Latias. I'd recommended going Hidden Power Ghost > Hidden Power Electric, which still allows you to hit Jellicent while also giving you a solid hit against Tentacruel, who would otherwise wall you.

Since you note that Ferrothorn and Scizor are problems, I have a few suggestions. The biggest would be to run Magnezone, probably over starmie or Jirachi. A Choice Specs Magnezone is able to OHKO all scizor and 2HKO all [Standard] Ferrothorn, even in rain, with HP Fire. It also gets volt switch to aid volt turn strategies with scizor, as well as thunder to power through other rain teams. Flash cannon can be useful in the last slot to hit dragons and random others like Tyranitar. However, make sure to EV it enough to outspeed all commonly seen scizor (it can't beat 252 Spe Jolly, but those are rare enough that it doesn't pose a huge threat).

I can't say much more right now since I have to go. Good Luck with the team!
The one problem I have with running Magnezone instead of Starmie or Alakazam, is that it will then give me a x3 weakness to Fire, with only 2 of my Pokes resisting it.

And on my teams, I try to have a maximum of only 2 Pokemon sharing the same weakness. And if 3 of them do, then I like the other 3 to then resist that same type.

I don't like getting swept by a certain Pokemon due to the fact that I can't either resist it's STAB or one of its moves.

Thanks though, I probably would try out Magnezone otherwise, but I'd then have to also get rid of either Jirachi or Scizor as well, as I'd rather not get rid of either if I don't have to (especially Jirachi).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)