1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Join Avenue

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Otto, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Shakerag

Shakerag

Level 71 Join avenue and I can add that I get a gym leader every 1-3 days. Despite running a raffle shop the whole time, and having at least 5 bonus week promotions, I've yet to get a master ball either.
  2. DragonBorn

DragonBorn

Oh ok well i hadn't been anywhere that has shown it, unless they were blocked
  3. hitoshura0

hitoshura0

I did, once.
  4. Onicon

Onicon

Wow, tough luck this one. We have two raffle shops and quasi always Golden Week activated, and yet have win a Master Ball.
  5. dcae

dcae naughty list

Ah ok thanks for telling me. Atm I am at rank 31, so I probably have a good way to go. For the raffle, the highest I've won is Max Revive lol. Hopefully higher usage will help me get better prizes. Its a level 9 shop.
  6. cant say

cant say no really I cant
    is a Pre-Contributor

If you search for Magnemites from Australia I'm usually distributing them with PKRS and some good tm's. If you're lucky they might have a cool item (mostly boring hard stones though!). They're all named Chet Faker after my favourite musical artist
  7. hathater

hathater

join avenue bugs me, they go by too fast!
  8. PROFIL3R

PROFIL3R

O lord. I have been reading through the clock changing-based join avenue problems and if what im gathering is correct, I won't be able to use join avenue untill the 30th due to RNG abuse. Can anyone confirm this for me?
  9. MB Espeon

MB Espeon

The... 30th?

Really, it just makes you unable to get stuff until the midnight after the midnight you stabilize your time. It doesn't take weeks.
  10. cant say

cant say no really I cant
    is a Pre-Contributor

Yeah I can confirm that. I switch between DS's a lot (battery life isn't what it used to be) and you just need to wait until the next midnight to come around for it to reset. Although, people you've traded with, or any other way you've communicated with, still appear. So you can keep upgrading, just not buy anything in the meantime.
  11. wackawacka

wackawacka

HARD STONE! HARD STOOOONE! WHAT DO YOU MEEEEEENNNN!
  12. Mulan15262

Mulan15262

I have found two things that I don't think have been stated so far.

First, Join Avenue's shops and fans reappear two midnights after the first time you save your game after resetting the system clock. So if I set my clock to 11:59:59 pm on April first and then load pokemon, play for a while, and save my game at 2:00 am on April second, it won't regenerate until April fourth.

Second, changing the system clock only removes items from shops that have a sold out item. If, for example, my dojo's Defense lv. 4 was used, but I didn't use my raffle shop, my dojo would have no items, but my raffle shop's raffle would be available.
  13. SMZ

SMZ

I'm only at rank 2 lol. I don't have wireless internet currently (USB dongle), so I only trade with myself.
    EDIT: Yes, I rose from the dead.
  14. dcae

dcae naughty list

Is there any way to rank up faster than trading with yourself? I can't do that and it's taking awfully long to boost up.
  15. Onicon

Onicon

There is not much incentive to reach max rank as fast as possible. Putting a Pokemon to sleep regularly for Dream World gives you roughly 10 visitors per day extra when you have enough Dream friends.
  16. KevlarX290

KevlarX290

I'm Lv100 and I still haven't gotten a Master Ball from the Lottery yet. But I have gotten 3 Sacred Ashs though (2 came after Lv100 however).
  17. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random The imitated
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Ehhh, Hard Stones are really annoying, but you can still make a profit from them with the Antique Shop: The gentleman in the Icirrus Pokémon Centre buys then for 500 Pokédollars per stone, but the fact that he only buys one at a time... Say no more.
    If you can access GTS, you can go & join the Magna-Coil loop (Where you trade Magnemites for Magnemites) to gain many trades really quickly, but other than that, there is not really that fast a way. Also, the Dream World sleep thing Onicon mentioned can work, otherwise, there is not many other fast ways to get NPC's onto the avenue.
  18. Level 51

Level 51 [17:37:18] boTTT: (Private to @Level 51) ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Usually I lie in bed / watch TV / Play on Pokemon Showdown! while spamming A. You won't believe how fast i get rid of them!

Speaking of which, I have 900+ MooMoo Milks and Lemonades to sell to the maid on Route 5. u_u

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)