Justification

List of Pokemon with Shell (or Battle, Magma, and Weak) Armor eligible of learning Shell Smash:
  • Shellder
  • Cloyster
  • Omanyte
  • Omastar
  • Shuckle
  • Macargo
  • Torkoal
  • Dwebble
  • Crustle
  • Tirtouga
  • Carracosta
  • Binacle
  • Barbaracle
  • Camperl
  • Turtwig
  • Grotle
  • Torterra
  • Anorith
  • Armaldo
  • Vullaby
  • Mandibuzz
Bold = New Addition

I will not be throwing Shell Smash around under any circumstance, if you suggest it please provide a very good response to convince me! Thanks guys :)!

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
List of Pokemon with Shell (or Battle, Magma, and Weak) Armor eligible of learning Shell Smash:
  • Shellder
  • Cloyster
  • Omanyte
  • Omastar
  • Shuckle
  • Macargo
  • Torkoal
  • Dwebble
  • Crustle
  • Tirtouga
  • Carracosta
  • Binacle
  • Barbaracle
  • Camperl
  • Turtwig
  • Grotle
  • Torterra
  • Anorith
  • Armaldo
  • Vullaby
  • Mandibuzz
Bold = New Addition

I will not be throwing Shell Smash around under any circumstance, if you suggest it please provide a very good response to convince me! Thanks guys :)!
Why does Mandibuzz get Shell Smash? It makes absolutely no sense to me

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
this is probably one of the best petmods I have seen so far ^_^

Proposed changes:

Gen 1:

• Aerodactyl now learns Brave Bird at level 89; there is almost no reason why it shouldn't
  • Dodrio can now inherit Drill Run by breeding with Fearow; It can learn Drill Peck and it can clearly run
  • Mew now has access to every single tutor move from all previous generations including Draco Meteor, Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, the three Pledge moves, Secret Sword, Relic Song. Its supposed to learn just about everything, why have these exceptions.
Gen 2:
  • Porygon 2 now has access to Techno Blast through an event Porygon 2, but drives cannot be attached to it
Gen 4:
  • Porygon-Z now has access to Techno Blast through an event Porygon 2, but drives cannot be attached to it
Gen 5:
  • Kyurem can now learn Ice Punch through B2W2 Move Tutors; Kyurem-B in particular has an ice covered hand and cannot learn this under normal circumstances. Oversight? I certainly think so.
Ubers:
  • Lugia now learns Hurricane by level up; A flap of its wings can cause a 40 day storm and it can't learn this
  • Kyurem can now learn Ice Punch through B2W2 move tutors

I have a few more, but I will let other people have these for their posts. I don't want to ruin everyones fun. Great petmod Chesnaught

I'm not doing the second one, if they should learn Gunk Shot then they should, I don't see many that should, I will add Nidoqueen though, not Nidoking, for balance. Barbaracle doesn't get Waterfall? u.u?? Thanks, added!
okay I'll give you a list

• weezing
  • seviper (this one is especially stupid as arbok DOES learn gunk shot.)
  • crobat
  • skuntank
  • drapion
  • beedrill maybe (I don't think it would fit too well so up to you really)
  • victreebel
  • ariados maybe (I don't think it would fit too well so up to you really)
  • qwilfish
  • scolipede
also why not shell smash lapras?

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
yo Chesnaught here's my current response to the recent changes you made at the end of page 1:
  • Gengar should not get nasty plot, I still think stall could handle it due to unawares and bulky shit like mandibuzz, etc but imo, Gengar doesn't seem to be the smart one of the 2 ghosts: Mismagius and Gar, it could still work but imo we need to give big missy a niche. I mean if anybody was going to be plotting revenge, it's the ghost that hasn't been thought of by game freak since it's creation. If we gave big missy a stat buff or a second ability that's quite useful to it, maybe both gar and big missy could sustain status as OU pokemon.
  • Cloyster should not learn Water Shuriken Cloyster is not a ninja pokemon, this literally makes 0 sense. and just how is it supposed to shoot this shuriken? With it's shell that it smashes the first round of the match? I'm not saying this would make it broken, because I would just run more quagsire, more quagsire, less problems. But the main problem is with flavor, you yourself said you understood that gallade wasn't a pixie it was a fighter so fairy type wouldn't make sense just for a competitive buff. This is like the same thing, so idk why you took a different stance on this, js.

Special Water Shuriken also doesn't make sense. It's extremely pressurized water shooted at opponents. The kind of pain you feel when you are hit by a Water Shuriken is the pain you feel when someone throws a rock at you, not when someone blasts water at you. I get that Greninja can't abuse it well because it's mainly a special mon, but I'd rather give Ninja better physical options. Knock off, Stone Edge or Close Combat would be good starting points.

Also Rayquaza and Yveltal should both get Brave Bird for obvious reasons.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Special Water Shuriken also doesn't make sense. It's extremely pressurized water shooted at opponents. The kind of pain you feel when you are hit by a Water Shuriken is the pain you feel when someone throws a rock at you, not when someone blasts water at you. I get that Greninja can't abuse it well because it's mainly a special mon, but I'd rather give Ninja better physical options. Knock off, Stone Edge or Close Combat would be good starting points.

Also Rayquaza and Yveltal should both get Brave Bird for obvious reasons.
Rayquaza is an odd one, no wings or anything to impact the foe or generate momentum in the air with but it's bare body. Greninja should not get Close Combat or Stone Edge for the sake of a movepool, those make like no sense, greninja isn't one of those boxer pokemon, heck even Conkeldurr doesn't get CC. Stone Edge is kind of in the same boat, it's really only handed out to rock types because their rocks so it makes sense or brutes like fighting types because they simply can.

So apparently it is skull u.u my mistake, I still like it though so I'll keep it, not like it makes Mandibuzz broken whatsoever so.

I disagree with Goodra being Dragon/Poison. For I think it should be Dragon/Fairy. Because it literally says it's very friendly. And look at it, it doesn't look ugly or menacing like most Poisons are but instead look cute and adorable that is what Fairies can be described as.

I would like to suggest a new move, Parry: 16PP, --Acc, --BP, flavor description: the user redirects opponents' physical moves to make them more vulnerable. Opponents have their defense and attack lowered upon making contact. technical description: a king's shield clone that lowers opponents attack and defense by 1 if they make contact.

it would mainly be learned by fighting types and pokemon related to swords such as Gallade, Sammurott, aegislash, the musketeers, bisharp ect.

About Cryogonal: The way it works is like a weaker automatic Mirror Coat. Like this:

252 SpA Life Orb Pyroar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Cryogonal: 265-315 (77 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Then the Pyroar itself will take half the damage it dealt to the Cryogonal, aka 133-158 HP.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
About Cryogonal: The way it works is like a weaker automatic Mirror Coat. Like this:

252 SpA Life Orb Pyroar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Cryogonal: 265-315 (77 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Then the Pyroar itself will take half the damage it dealt to the Cryogonal, aka 133-158 HP.
I dunno. Giving that kind of ability to damn near anything with a recovery move is a bit much to say the least, even if he'll die to a physical hit easily enough. Maybe soften it to 1/3 or even 1/4 instead of 1/2, just so it's not Uber broken.

I disagree with Goodra being Dragon/Poison. For I think it should be Dragon/Fairy. Because it literally says it's very friendly. And look at it, it doesn't look ugly or menacing like most Poisons are but instead look cute and adorable that is what Fairies can be described as.
Poison types definitely can be cute

And Poison fits better because it's basically a dragon-like snail covered with sludge.

This looks cool but why no changes to Pidgeot? :[

Pokemon Y: It spreads its gorgeous wings widely to intimidate enemies. It races through the skies at Mach-2 speed.

So Mach 2 = 101 speed by this standard. Mach 2 btw is 1522.41410164639 miles per hour

Pidegeot needs a serious speed buff especially because...

Talonflame Pokedex entry: When attacking prey, it can reach speeds of up to 310 mph. It finishes its prey off with a colossal kick.

By this standard Pidgeot needs to ~5 times faster than Talonflame.

Also I think we need to buff Escavalier's speed as well... Black dex entry: They fly around at high speed, striking with their pointed spears. Not only should Escavalier get levitate because it can fly but it should also get a significant buff to its speed.

Pokemon Y: It spreads its gorgeous wings widely to intimidate enemies. It races through the skies at Mach-2 speed.

So Mach 2 = 101 speed by this standard. Mach 2 btw is 1522.41410164639 miles per hour

Talonflame Pokedex entry: When attacking prey, it can reach speeds of up to 310 mph. It finishes its prey off with a colossal kick.

Also I think we need to buff Escavalier's speed as well... Black dex entry: They fly around at high speed, striking with their pointed spears. Not only should Escavalier get levitate because it can fly but it should also get a significant buff to its speed.
Although actual Speed and Battle Speed can be different (This was discussed before in another thread)

IT'S FLAVORMONS ALL OVER AGAIN!!! while I do think a little more speed would be good for pidegeot, mach2 is not necessary.

IT'S FLAVORMONS ALL OVER AGAIN!!! while I do think a little more speed would be good for pidegeot, mach2 is not necessary.
Yeah I was just putting it out there mach 2 is bit extreme but it does need a speed buff (and this does remind me alot of flavormons XD).

Although actual Speed and Battle Speed can be different (This was discussed before in another thread)
Or it could be the actual speed and battle speed are the same who knows. We have no evidence either way (but pidgeot's speed should be buffed anyways)

Or it could be the actual speed and battle speed are the same who knows. We have no evidence either way (but pidgeot's speed should be buffed anyways)
Actually, we can prove that they aren't the same. If they were the same, then Pidgeot wouldn't be slower than Talonflame, assuming the dex descriptions report both of their "actual speeds" accurately.

canno

formerly The Reptile
time for some a huge list of shit

First some LC stuff. Most of this is just to reflect their evo's additions.
  • Rattata has its hidden ability changed to Strong Jaw
  • Rattata now gets Ice Fang, Fire Fang, and Thunder Fang as egg moves
  • Psyduck's Hidden Ability is now Unaware
  • Ponyta now learns Play Rough by level-up
  • Voltorb now learns Rapid Spin by level-up
  • Mime Jr. is now purely Psychic to match Mr. Mime's typing
  • Munchlax now gets Slack Off as an egg move.
  • Chikorita's Hidden Ability is now Aroma Veil
  • Chikorita's Hidden Ability is now released
  • Cyndaquil now gets Earth Power as an egg move
  • Cyndaquil's Hidden Ability is now released
  • Totodile's Hidden Ability is now released
  • Magnemite has Sturdy changed to Levitate.
  • Ledyba's typing is changed to Bug / Fighting.
  • Ledyba's Attack is now 25
  • Ledyba now has Huge Power as its hidden ability
  • Pineco now has Insectate as its hidden ability
  • Zigzagoon now gets ExtremeSpeed by level-up
  • Tailow now has 40 Attack and 45 Special Attack
  • Tangela now has Entangled over Leaf Guard (Tangela is still banned from LC)
  • Snivy now has Contrary released
  • Tepig now has Thick Fat released
  • Oshawott now has Shell Armor released
  • Petilil is now Grass / Fairy
  • Petilil now learns Moonblast
  • Minccino's Technician is changed to Pickup
  • Litwick now has Shadow Tag as its Hidden Ability
  • Klink is now Steel / Electric
  • Klink has its abilities changed to Levitate
  • Litleo now gets Boomburst as an egg move
  • Helioptile's Sand Veil is changed to Fluxuation.
  • Goomy is now Poison
  • Goomy can no longer learn Draco Meteor
  • Pumpkaboo now learns Perish Song
Now for some NFE's, mainly again to keep consistency

• Bayleaf's Hidden Ability is now Aroma Veil
  • Bayleaf's Hidden Ability is now released
  • Quilava now gets Earth Power from Cindaquil
  • Quilava's Hidden Ability is now released
  • Croconaw's Hidden Ability is now released
  • Magneton now has Levitate over Sturdy
  • Servine now has Contrary released
  • Pignite now has Thick Fat released
  • Dewott now has Shell Armor released
  • Lampent's Hidden Ability is now Shadow Tag
  • Klang is now Steel / Electric
  • Klang's abilities are now Levitate
  • Sliggoo is now Poison / Dragon
And then finally some minor fully evolved changes
  • Raticate now gets Ice Fang, Fire Fang, and Thunder Fang as egg moves
  • Rapidash now learns Play Rough via level-up
  • Meganium's Hidden Ability is now Aroma Veil
  • Meganium's Hidden Ability is now released

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would greatly appreciate seeing Weavile, as well as any other Pokemon with sharp claws, being candidates for getting Tough Claws. Either that or anything that learns Hone Claws should at least be considered for getting Tough Claws.

Tornadus getting Aeroblast should also happen. Him not getting Aeroblast when Entei got Sacred Fire was blasphemy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)