Kalmngaskhan Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there ^^ I'm from Spain so sorry about my english in advance and this is the team I did it for competitive/online at the moment.

INTRODUCTION

Think that every pokemon is for OU and have good sinergies between them.
I first build the team for 1 vs 1 but It worked for me better in 2 VS 2 at all. Do anyone know on what battle category this team would fit better?
I'm not a pro user so if u see something not good please let me know to help me and thanks in advance :)

THE TEAM

Lead with entry hazards
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD / 0 Speed
Nature: Relaxed
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro ball

Description:
To open battles and putting entry hazards or also attacking too, it has 0 speed so it does great Gyro Ball damage and it's the only one on team that can counter well Quagsire or Gastrodon...
I was gogin to put leftovers on it but while Rotom-W is going to have it I put Rocky Helmet on it.

Bulky
Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpA
Nature: Bold
- Will-o-wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest

Description:
A bulky standard set for Rotom-W, carrying Chesto Berry with Rest to recover HP while having offensive moves as Hydro Pump. It is working very well for me.

Choice Chomp
Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attk / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Stone Edge

Description:
I did the scarfed Chomp cause the team wasn't so fast at all and it works great at the moment. Also with Poison Jab for Fairies.
Even it's a set on the web with another moves I choose stone edge and poison jab instead of Fire Fang or Outrage... Don't know if it's well but I think yes.

Brave Fencer
Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attk / 6 SpDef
Nature: Brave
- Shadow sneak
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Description:
Great sweeper and most popular set that makes him a great and useful pokemon. I think I dont have to enter on details as this is a standard set that everyones and is also in the forum, place where I extracted it.

Jellymarill
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Attk / 124 Speed
Nature: Adamant
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

Description:
Great Offensive Azumarill with 124 evs investment on speed for outspeed Jellycent and even choice scizor with no speed investment. With Sitrus Berry when I did Belly Drum it restores me 25% of HP letting me Aqua Jet everything with a good amount of HP. Works great on 2 vs 2 battles at the moment.

Wrath of Khan
Mega-Kangaskhan @ Kanghaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Hp
Nature: Jolly
- Power-up Punch
- Return
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch / Earthquake / Fire Punch*

Description:
The final poke for the team is Mega-Kangaskhan and I made it jolly for getting more speed on team too. With scrappy if I have a ghost in front of me I wouldn't mega evolve so quickly and had Crunch/Sucker Punch to make damage. The point is that I don't know what is better... I'd prefer Crunch cause since it's a fast Kanga I can attack in first time everytime, letting one slot to Fire Punch when pokebank arrives cause I don't really have any fire attack on team yet... Also I can battle steel with earthquakes or Power-Up Punchs so I'm a little confused with this moveset for him...

POSSIBLE CHANGES

In the place of Aegislash:

Volcarona @ Life's Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Speed
Nature: Modest
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]

And I don't know if Volcarona enters, if I need to get rid of Ferrothorn and put Forretress in his slot with this set:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef / 0 Speed
Nature: Relaxed

- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

This would be a great synergy couple in 2vs2 but if I get rid of Ferrothorn then Gastrodon and Quagsire will wall all my team...

CONCLUSION
On a final conclusion I actually may see a few problems...

• First on not having real Fire attacks and only a grass attack on Ferrothorn at the moment, don't know if the first problem may be solved when pokebank arrives, letting me put Fire Punch on Kangaskhan or letting Volcarona to enter.
  • And in a second place, do anyone see necessary to get rid of Ferrothorn because of Volcarona? In that case, what grass pokemon can I add? Maybe with pokebank coming soon Celebi would be a good option, as Heatran in the place of Volcarona?
Also I don't know if counting on pokebank, what changes I really need to do here when the bank arrives too... So if anyone can help me with all this thing are welcome here as for everybody too! :)

Last edited:
The only fairies you will commonly run into are Azumarill and Togekiss. Now, your Garchomp hits Togekiss harder with Stone Edge than with Poison Jab and Earthquake should 2HKO Azumarill easily anyway so I really don't see a point in running it, especially since you said you needed a fire-type move. Just run Flamethrower or Fireblast on it, that'll give you much better coverage and allows you to damage skarmory, which can stop your Kangaskhan from sweeping.

That's a good point! But my Garchomp has 199 on level 55 in Attak and only 89 in Spe Attk to learn Flamethrower or Fireblast >_<

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)