RU Kecleon

QC: atomicllamas / galbia / Arikado
GP: P Squared / antemortem

Overview
########

Kecleon has a great ability in Protean, which changes its type depending on the type of the move it uses. Since the release of ORAS, Kecleon is able to use Drain Punch and Knock Off together with Protean, greatly increasing its viability. Kecleon has good Attack and Special Defense stats, which contribute to its offensive presence and longevity. Kecleon also has a wide movepool with a lot of different usable options. However, although it has a niche in having Protean, Kecleon faces competition from physical attackers such as Pangoro and Escavalier, as they have a better Attack stat. It also has low HP and Defense stats, which let down its good Special Defense, and it is very slow for an offensive Pokemon.

Assault Vest
########
name: Assault Vest
move 1: Knock Off
move 2: Drain Punch
move 3: Sucker Punch
move 4: Rock Slide / Ice Punch
ability: Protean
item: Assault Vest
evs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

Knock Off is strong and has the utility of removing the foe's item. Drain Punch is another powerful attack and provides a bit of recovery for Kecleon, which is useful if Kecleon is at low health. Sucker Punch is a priority attack that picks off weakened Pokemon. Rock Slide is a usable option in the last moveslot to OHKO Moltres and also has great overall coverage. Ice Punch can also be used in the fourth moveslot, as it has great coverage; for example, it OHKOes Mega Sceptile and heavily damages Gligar. Power-Up Punch is a final option that can be used to boost Kecleon's Attack, letting it hit harder in the following turns.

Set Details
========

Protean changes Kecleon's typing to match its move's typing, meaning that every move Kecleon uses is boosted by STAB. Assault Vest boosts Kecleon's Special Defense and allows it to tank even more special hits, but it prevents Kecleon from using status moves. The HP investment boosts Kecleon's overall bulk, while the Attack EVs and Adamant nature ensure Kecleon hits as hard as possible. The Speed EVs ensure Kecleon outruns Pokemon such as Registeel, Doublade, Druddigon, and Dragalge.

Usage Tips
========

Use Knock Off if you cannot predict what the opponent is going to do; it's generally a safe move, as most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed. Sucker Punch should be used to pick off weakened foes, as it will most likely KO them thanks to its adequate 80 Base Power. Kecleon can switch into special attackers, but not repeatedly, as this set has no reliable recovery. Switch out of physical wallbreakers such as Choice Band Pangoro and Choice Band Tyrantrum; Kecleon has a lot of trouble taking their attacks and cannot do much in return.

Team Options
========

Psychic- and Flying-types such as Cresselia, Gligar, and Moltres make for good partners, as Kecleon can't stand up to Fighting-types. Physical walls such as Rhyperior, the aforementioned Cresselia, and Alomomola are also good teammates, as they can take care of the physical wallbreakers that threaten Kecleon. Special wallbreakers such as Mega Sceptile, Dragalge, and Moltres are good teammates, as they can beat the physical walls that hinder Kecleon. Cleric support from Pokemon such as Aromatisse is useful, as Kecleon hates being burned. Kecleon also appreciates Thunder Wave support from Pokemon such as Registeel and Slowking, as it helps Kecleon move first despite its very low Speed. Wish support from Pokemon such as Aromatisse and Alomomola is appreciated, as this set lacks recovery options. Entry hazard setters such as Stealth Rock Rhyperior, Bronzong, and Registeel and Toxic Spikes Drapion, will help Kecleon more easily KO foes.

Other Options
########

Life Orb can be used, but Kecleon can't afford the wasted bulk. Recover extends Kecleon's longevity, but Kecleon then misses out on one of its coverage attacks. It also cannot use Recover with Assault Vest. Toxic sets a timer on the longevity of opposing offensive Pokemon, while Thunder Wave slows down foes for teammates to beat afterwards, but both force Kecleon to give up a coverage attack as well as Assault Vest. Kecleon has access to Stealth Rock, but it is better set up by Pokemon such as Rhyperior or Gligar because of their better bulk, and in Gligar's case, Speed, and running Stealth Rock means that Kecleon cannot run Assault Vest. Aqua Tail is another option to hit Rhyperior and Gligar for decent damage, but it lacks real power and Kecleon can't break through those Pokemon anyway. Fire Punch can be used to hit Ferroseed harder, but this is its only notable target, as other targets are hit by Ice Punch anyway. Shadow Sneak is another priority attack and grants Kecleon a temporary immunity to Fighting-type attacks thanks to Protean, but it lacks real power. Return has good Base Power and hits most types for neutral coverage, but it does not have any super effective coverage and therefore isn't worth it. A specially defensive set can be used, but it makes Kecleon setup bait for foes, especially those with Substitute, and unable to run Assault Vest.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fighting-types**: Faster Fighting-types such as Hitmonlee, Cobalion, and Emboar can outspeed and easily beat Kecleon with a STAB attack, though the former dislikes taking a hit, and they all have to play around Protean.

**Physical attackers**: Physical attackers such as Pangoro and Tyrantrum are capable of beating Kecleon relatively easily with one of their STAB attacks, without risking Protean making their attack resisted.

**Physical walls**: Physically defensive walls such as Alomomola, Weezing, and Rhyperior have no trouble taking Kecleon's hits and can beat or outstall it. Rhyperior cannot take repeated Drain Punches after Knock Off, however. Cofagrigus is also capable of removing Kecleon's ability if Kecleon makes contact, but it has to watch out for Knock Off.

**Burn**: Burning Kecleon will halve its Attack, leaving it weak. Examples of Pokemon that can inflict burns include Cofagrigus and Spiritomb, as well as Scald users such as Quagsire and Alomomola.

**Toxic**: Toxic damage limits Kecleon's longevity, as it has no reliable recovery. Common users of Toxic include Alomomola, Bronzong, and Registeel. Furthermore, Toxic Spikes users such as Drapion, Weezing, and Dragalge can also poison Kecleon and wear it down.

Last edited:

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Haven't played with new tier shifts, but if anything they helped Kecleon since Shark was a usually physical attacker. Well actually Quagsire is annoying to break through but that's just what Quagsire does.

Anyway AV is decent but I wouldn't really use Return since Kecleon should usually be targeting things weak to Knock Off or Drain Punch, or just be healing up with Drain Punch against random switch-ins. I wouldn't use Shadow Sneak over Sucker Punch in most cases, especially since Gallade (one thing for Shadow Sneak) left. Spinblocking is better left to bulky Ghosts that can take a Knock Off, and Sucker Punch is stronger. Fighting-types ie Hitmonlee carry Knock Off and can live a Sneak so that's not particularly useful, and Normal attacks aren't running around to where you really need an immunity. While Sneak doesn't have mindgames against CM stuff or whatever, Sucker gives you a Psyshock immunity (which does beat you), and Kecleon can take a boosted hit and retaliate with Knock Off anyway.

One thing to consider is Power-Up Punch since boosting is cool. Also LO set hits pretty hard. Either way it's important to talk about why you would use this over Pangoro (Sucker, not being 4x Weak to Fairy, changing typing, special defense)

Haven't played with new tier shifts, but if anything they helped Kecleon since Shark was a usually physical attacker. Well actually Quagsire is annoying to break through but that's just what Quagsire does.

Anyway AV is decent but I wouldn't really use Return since Kecleon should usually be targeting things weak to Knock Off or Drain Punch, or just be healing up with Drain Punch against random switch-ins. I wouldn't use Shadow Sneak over Sucker Punch in most cases, especially since Gallade (one thing for Shadow Sneak) left. Spinblocking is better left to bulky Ghosts that can take a Knock Off, and Sucker Punch is stronger. Fighting-types ie Hitmonlee carry Knock Off and can live a Sneak so that's not particularly useful, and Normal attacks aren't running around to where you really need an immunity. While Sneak doesn't have mindgames against CM stuff or whatever, Sucker gives you a Psyshock immunity (which does beat you), and Kecleon can take a boosted hit and retaliate with Knock Off anyway.

One thing to consider is Power-Up Punch since boosting is cool. Also LO set hits pretty hard. Either way it's important to talk about why you would use this over Pangoro (Sucker, not being 4x Weak to Fairy, changing typing, special defense)
Arikado has told me the stuff above a few hours ago and I edited that already, thanks though.

I will test PuP Life Orb, but I'm not really sure if it deserves a main set. I also will mention that in the overview tomorrow when I have time. Thanks a lot!

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I mean pup AV (extra bulk and all), not LO, also Knock Off and Drain Punch should probably go 1st and 2nd, followed by Sucker and then whatever coverage

I mean pup AV (extra bulk and all), not LO, also Knock Off and Drain Punch should probably go 1st and 2nd, followed by Sucker and then whatever coverage
Done all, put PuP in Moves for now, and mentioned the competition from Pangoro in the Overview.

Last edited:
Remove color change from OO, there is literally no reason you would ever even consider using it over protean. Color change makes you super easy to take out and you lack the power boost that protean provides. I suppose color change can create some interesting mind games every now and then, but protean does that already.
In short, color change is so bad its not even worth OO status. Using color change over protean is like a Gothitelle using frisk over shadow tag.

Also is an offensive boosting set with P-Punch, Drain Punch, Sucker Punch, Ice Punch, and life orb/lefties viable?

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]

- It already had Drain Punch / Knock Off from previous gens. Ammend this to note that ORAS has made them legal with Protean (the issue previously with Kecleon)

[Assault Vest]

- I'd honestly make 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe the primary spread. Getting the jump on shit like Registeel, Doublade, Druddigon, Rhyperior (needs to be weakened) and some Dragalge can be super helpful. You have moves to smack all of them anyway
- Replace Druddigon with Tyrantrum with the CB attackers tidbit. You should be outspeeding Druddigon
- Note that Drain Punch is a nice move to throw out when you're around 40-60% to get Kecleon back some health mid-game
- Mega Pidgeot dies to most Fighting-types. Replace it and Fletchinder with Gligar and Moltres
- Add Accelgor to the hazard support tidbit
- Hazard removal from the likes of Gligar, Golbat, and Hitmonlee is nice since Kecleon has no reliable recovery and pivots into special attacks
- Mention Trick Room support to make up for Kecleon's low Speed. Slowking, Aromatisse, and Reuniclus are good setters

[Other Options]

- Also note that any status category move keeps Kecleon from running AV
- Life Orb for more power at the cost of bulk

[Checks and Counters]

- Also note that Tyrantrum can just click Outrage without fear of Protean messing it up
- Note that Rhyperior can be worn down by Knock Off and repeated Drain Punches
- Replace Mega Banette with Cofagrigus.
- Toxic doesn't kill Kecleon's power, but still reduces its lifespan. Bronzong, Registeel, and Alomomola are the most common users. Also note TSpikes from Dragalge and Drapion

Add all this (except for maybe the EV spread, which I want a bit more discussion on) and I'll come back and check it.

[Overview]

- It already had Drain Punch / Knock Off from previous gens. Ammend this to note that ORAS has made them legal with Protean (the issue previously with Kecleon)

[Assault Vest]

- I'd honestly make 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe the primary spread. Getting the jump on shit like Registeel, Doublade, Druddigon, Rhyperior (needs to be weakened) and some Dragalge can be super helpful. You have moves to smack all of them anyway
- Replace Druddigon with Tyrantrum with the CB attackers tidbit. You should be outspeeding Druddigon
- Note that Drain Punch is a nice move to throw out when you're around 40-60% to get Kecleon back some health mid-game
- Mega Pidgeot dies to most Fighting-types. Replace it and Fletchinder with Gligar and Moltres
- Add Accelgor to the hazard support tidbit
- Hazard removal from the likes of Gligar, Golbat, and Hitmonlee is nice since Kecleon has no reliable recovery and pivots into special attacks
- Mention Trick Room support to make up for Kecleon's low Speed. Slowking, Aromatisse, and Reuniclus are good setters

[Other Options]

- Also note that any status category move keeps Kecleon from running AV
- Life Orb for more power at the cost of bulk

[Checks and Counters]

- Also note that Tyrantrum can just click Outrage without fear of Protean messing it up
- Note that Rhyperior can be worn down by Knock Off and repeated Drain Punches
- Replace Mega Banette with Cofagrigus.
- Toxic doesn't kill Kecleon's power, but still reduces its lifespan. Bronzong, Registeel, and Alomomola are the most common users. Also note TSpikes from Dragalge and Drapion

Add all this (except for maybe the EV spread, which I want a bit more discussion on) and I'll come back and check it.
I've edited everything successfully, I hope.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
mention gligar as ice punch target

sucker punch is 80, not 120 (i realize u meant with STAB but just say STAB 80 base power or something, otherwise its confusing)

remove trick room from team options... unless it's a mon dedicated to be for trick room, it shouldn't have any of those in there, especially considering kecleon isn't the best choice to use under trick room.

for SR Setters, remove omastar and druddigon, put registeel, bronzong, and rhyperior for SR setters. i don't like spikes being mentioned alongside it simply because spikes would usually mean HO team and kecleon kinda loses momentum and gives free switches to golbat/gligar, so yeah. mention toxic spikes instead of spikes which can help wear down pokemon for kecleon to pick off, i guess. hazard removal is also unnecessary and u can remove it but idc.

3/3

mention gligar as ice punch target

sucker punch is 80, not 120 (i realize u meant with STAB but just say STAB 80 base power or something, otherwise its confusing)

remove trick room from team options... unless it's a mon dedicated to be for trick room, it shouldn't have any of those in there, especially considering kecleon isn't the best choice to use under trick room.

for SR Setters, remove omastar and druddigon, put registeel, bronzong, and rhyperior for SR setters. i don't like spikes being mentioned alongside it simply because spikes would usually mean HO team and kecleon kinda loses momentum and gives free switches to golbat/gligar, so yeah. mention toxic spikes instead of spikes which can help wear down pokemon for kecleon to pick off, i guess. hazard removal is also unnecessary and u can remove it but idc.

3/3
Done, thanks!

Moving this into GP stage.

ADD
REMOVE
COMMENT

Amateur Check
QC: atomicllamas / galbia / Arikado
GP: /

Overview
########

Kecleon has been gifted with access to Drain Punch and Knock Off to use along with Protean since the release of ORAS, which made Kecleon way better. Most importantly, Kecleon has a great ability in Protean which allows it to change type depending on the type of the move it uses. As a second, Kecleon has a good Attack stat. Furthermore, it also has a good Special Defense stat which contributes to Kecleon's longevity. Kecleon also has a wide movepool with a lot of different move options to profit from. However, Kecleon faces competition from physical attackers such as Pangoro and Escavalier as they have a better Attack stat, but Kecleon's niche lies in it having access to Protean. It also has a low HP stat and Defense, which let down toward it's (AC) (add apostrophe) good Special Defense. Lastly, Kecleon is very slow for an offensive attacker.

Assault Vest
########

Moves
========

Knock Off is a good utility move which is boosted by Protean and also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Drain Punch is another powerful attack that provides a bit of recovery for Kecleon which is useful if Kecleon is getting at low health. Sucker Punch is a priority attack that helps to pick off weakened Pokemon. Rock Slide is a usable option in the last moveslot to OHKO Moltres and also has great overall coverage. Ice Punch is also an option to use in the fourth moveslot that can be used in order to OHKO Mega Sceptile and also do a lot of damage to Gligar, and Ice Punch has great coverage on the overall too. Power-Up-Punch is a final option to use in a slot for boosting Kecleon's Attack, letting it hit harder in the following turns.

Set Details
========

Protean allows Kecleon to change typing to match its move's typing, meaning that every move Kecleon uses is boosted by STAB. Assault Vest gives a boost to Kecleon's Special Defense and allows it to tank even more special hits, but prevents Kecleon from using status moves. The investment in HP gives a boost to Kecleon's overall bulk, while the Attack EVs ensure Kecleon hits as hard as possible and its Attack is even boosted further by an Adamant nature. The Speed EVs ensure Kecleon outruns ensures that Kecleon outspeeds Pokemon such as Registeel, Doublade, Druddigon and Dragalge, and can proceed with hitting them with a super effective move.

Usage Tips
========

Use Knock Off if you cannot predict what the opponent is gonna do; it's generally a safe move as most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed. Use Sucker Punch to pick off weakened opponents, as it will most likely KO them because of a good Base Power of 80. Kecleon can be switched into special attackers, but not repeatedly, as this set has no reliable recovery it can get health back from. Switch out of physical wallbreakers such as Choice Band Pangoro and Choice Band Tyrantrum; because Kecleon has a lot of trouble taking their attacks and cannot do much back to them. (I think you should just end it there and add a period behind attacks)

Team Options
========

Psychic- and Flying-types that stop Fighting-type Pokemon, such as Gligar, Moltres, and Cresselia, make good partners, as Kecleon can't stand up to those Pokemon. Physical walls such as Rhyperior, the aforementioned Cresselia, and Alomomola are good teammates too as they can take care of the physical wallbreakers which threaten Kecleon. Special wallbreakers such as Mega Sceptile, Dragalge or Moltres make good teammates too, as they can beat the physical walls that hinder Kecleon. Cleric support from Pokemon such as Aromatisse is useful as Kecleon hates being burned, as it will do way less damage, leaving it weak. Kecleon also appreciates Thunder Wave support from Pokemon such as Registeel and Slowking as it helps Kecleon to move first most likely, which it mostly cannot as it has very low Speed. Wish support from Pokemon such as Aromatisse and Alomomola is appreciated, as this set lacks Recover. Entry hazard support with moves such as Stealth Rock from Pokemon such as Registeel, Rhyperior, and Brozong is appreciated too as well as Toxic Spikes support from Pokemon such as Drapion as it will help Kecleon to (RC) have an easier time KOing opponents.

Other Options
########

Life Orb is an item that can be used on Kecleon, but that means it loses out on bulk which it can't really afford. Recover is an option to extend Kecleon's longevity, but this means it misses out on one of its coverage attacks, which it cannot afford. (Well, I'm guessing that you can have either in both the first or second sentence. That's just my suggestion.) It also cannot use this along with Assault Vest. Toxic is a move to set a timer to the longevity of opposing offensive Pokemon, but also means that Kecleon has to miss out on a coverage attacks and isn't worth it because of that, as well as it cannot run Assault Vest with this attack. Thunder Wave can also be used for the reason of Toxic, and allows teammates to beat the opposing Pokemon after, but Kecleon cannot afford to lose a coverage attack. Furthermore, it cannot run Assault Vest along with this option. Stealth Rock is a hazard-for (remove hyphen) me that Kecleon has access to, but is better set up by Pokemon such as Rhyperior or Gligar because of their better bulk and Speed, (I wouldn't really include speed considering Rhyperior is pretty slow) in the latter's case, and this also means that Kecleon cannot run Assault Vest. Aqua Tail is another option to hit Rhyperior and Gligar for better damage, but lacks real power and Kecleon can't break through those anyway. Fire Punch can also be used for hitting Ferroseed better, but this is its only notable target, as other eventual targets are hit by Ice Punch anyway. Shadow Sneak can be used for other priority and allows Kecleon to take no damage from Fighting-type attacks, but lacks real power. Return has good base power and hits most types for neutral coverage, but does not have any super effective coverage and therefore, (add comma) isn't worth it. A specially defensive set can be used, but isn't worth it because it makes Kecleon set up bait for opponents, especially for those with Substitute. This also keeps it from running Assault Vest.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fighting-types**: Faster Fighting-types such as Hitmonlee, Cobalion, (add comma) and Emboar can outspeed and easily beat Kecleon with a STAB attack, though the former one dislikes to take a hit, and although they have to play around Protean because of Shadow Sneak granting an immunity to their Fighting-type STAB attacks.

**Physical attackers**: Physical attackers such as Pangoro and Tyrantrum are capable of beating Kecleon relatively easy with one of their STAB attacks, without risking Protean making their attack resisted.

**Physical walls**: Physically defensive walls such as Alomomola, Rhyperior, (add comma) and Cofagrigus have no trouble taking Kecleon's hits and can beat it, or outstall it. The latter is also capable of removing Kecleon's ability if it makes contact, but has to watch out for Knock Off, as well as Rhyperior cannot take repeated Drain Punches after Knock Off.

**Burn**: Burning Kecleon will halve its Attack, meaning it can't hit anything as effective as it can without burn at all, leaving a weak Kecleon. Examples of burn-inducers include Cofagrigus and Spiritomb.

**Toxic**: Toxic damage limits Kecleon's longevity, as it has no reliable recovery to heal it up a bit. Common users of Toxic include Alomomola, Bronzong, and Registeel. Furthermore, Toxic Spikes users such as Drapion, Dragalge, and Omastar, (remove comma) can also poison Kecleon and wear it down.

Idk why my fingers are shaking. ;_;

Last edited:

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 1/2

edit: sorry Lucina, I didn't see your edit until just now :(

Overview
########

Kecleon has been gifted with access Drain Punch and Knock Off to use along with Protean since the release of ORAS, which made Kecleon way better. Most importantly, Kecleon has a great ability in Protean, (comma) which allows it to change type depending on the type of the move it uses. Since the release of ORAS, Kecleon is able to use Drain Punch and Knock Off together with Protean, greatly increasing its (viability/effectiveness/something). As a second, Kecleon has a good Attack stat. Furthermore, it also has as well as a good Special Defense stat which contributes to its Kecleon's longevity. Kecleon also has a wide movepool with a lot of different move options to profit from. However, although it has a niche in having Protean, Kecleon faces competition from physical attackers such as Pangoro and Escavalier, (comma) as they have a better Attack stat, but Kecleon's niche lies in it having access to Protean. It also has a low HP stat and Defense stats, which let down its good Special Defense, and it. Lastly, Kecleon is very slow for an offensive Pokemon attacker (offensive attacker seems kind of redundant).

Assault Vest
########

Moves
========

Knock Off is a good utility move which is boosted by Protean and also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Drain Punch is another powerful attack and that provides a bit of recovery for Kecleon, (comma) which is useful if Kecleon is getting at low health. Sucker Punch is a priority attack that helps to pick off weakened Pokemon. Rock Slide is a usable option in the last moveslot to OHKO Moltres and also has great overall coverage. Ice Punch is also an option to use in the fourth moveslot; it, too, has great coverage, and in particular it that can be used in order to OHKO Mega Sceptile and also do a lot of damage to Gligar, and Ice Punch has great coverage on the overall too. Power-Up Punch is a final option to use in a slot for boosting boost Kecleon's Attack, letting it hit harder in the following turns.

Set Details
========

Protean allows Kecleon to change typing to match its move's typing, meaning that every move Kecleon uses is boosted by STAB. Assault Vest gives a boost to Kecleon's Special Defense and allows it to tank even more special hits, but it prevents Kecleon from using status moves. The HP investment in HP gives a boost to boosts Kecleon's overall bulk, while the Attack EVs and Adamant nature ensure Kecleon hits as hard as possible and its Attack is even boosted further by an Adamant nature. The Speed EVs ensure Kecleon outruns Pokemon such as Registeel, Doublade, Druddigon, (comma) and Dragalge, and can proceed with hitting them with a super effective move (unnecessary imo but you can keep this is you feel it's important).

Usage Tips
========

Use Knock Off if you cannot predict what the opponent is going to gonna do; it's generally a safe move, (comma) as most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed. Use Sucker Punch to pick off weakened foes opponents, as it will most likely KO them because of its a good Base Power of 80. Kecleon can be switched into special attackers, but not repeatedly, as this set has no reliable recovery it can get health back from (redundant with 'recovery' imo). Switch out of physical wallbreakers such as Choice Band Pangoro and Choice Band Tyrantrum; Kecleon has a lot of trouble taking their attacks and cannot do much back to them.

Team Options
========

Psychic- and Flying-types that stop Fighting-type Pokemon, such as Cresselia, Gligar, and Moltres, and Cresselia, (switched the order to match Psychic and Flying) make for good partners, as Kecleon can't stand up to those Pokemon. Physical walls such as Rhyperior, the aforementioned Cresselia, and Alomomola are good teammates too, (comma) as they can take care of the physical wallbreakers which that threaten Kecleon. Special wallbreakers such as Mega Sceptile, Dragalge, and or Moltres make for good teammates too, as they can beat the physical walls that hinder Kecleon. Cleric support from Pokemon such as Aromatisse is useful, (comma) as Kecleon hates being burned, as it will do way less damage, leaving it weak (unnecessary imo?). Kecleon also appreciates Thunder Wave support from Pokemon such as Registeel and Slowking, (comma) as it helps Kecleon to move first despite its most likely, which it mostly cannot as it has very low Speed. Wish support from Pokemon such as Aromatisse and Alomomola is appreciated, as this set lacks Recover. Entry hazard support, such as with moves such as Stealth Rock from Pokemon such as Registeel, Rhyperior, and or Bronzong and is appreciated too as well as Toxic Spikes support from Pokemon such as Drapion, (comma) as it will help Kecleon to have an easier time KOing foes opponents.
(just one blank line)

Other Options
########

Life Orb is an item that can be used on Kecleon, but that means it loses out on bulk, (comma) which it can't really afford. Recover is an option to extend Kecleon's longevity, but this means it Kecleon misses out on one of its coverage attacks, which it cannot afford. It also cannot use this Recover along with Assault Vest. Toxic is a move to sets a timer to on the longevity of opposing offensive Pokemon, while Thunder Wave slows down foes for teammates to beat afterwards, but both force Kecleon to give up a coverage attack as well as Assault Vest also means that Kecleon has to miss out on a coverage attacks and isn't worth it because of that, as well as it cannot run Assault Vest with this attack. Thunder Wave can also be used for the reason of Toxic, and allows teammates to beat the opposing Pokemon after, but Kecleon cannot afford to lose a coverage attack. Furthermore, it cannot run Assault Vest along with this option. Kecleon has access to Stealth Rock is a hazard-forme Kecleon has access to, but it is better set up by Pokemon such as Rhyperior or Gligar because of their better bulk, (comma) and in Gligar's case, Speed, in the latter's case, and this also and running Stealth Rock means that Kecleon cannot run Assault Vest. Aqua Tail is another option to hit Rhyperior and Gligar for better damage, but it lacks real power and Kecleon can't break through those Pokemon anyway. Fire Punch can also be used for hitting to hit Ferroseed harder better, but this is its only notable target, as other eventual targets are hit by Ice Punch anyway. Shadow Sneak can be used for another priority attack and grants allows Kecleon a temporary immunity to take no damage from Fighting-type attacks thanks to Protean, but it lacks real power. Return has good Base Power and hits most types for neutral coverage, but it does not have any super effective coverage and therefore isn't worth it. A specially defensive set can be used, but isn't worth it because it makes Kecleon setup bait for foes opponents, especially for those with Substitute. This also keeps it from running Assault Vest.
(just one blank line)

Checks & Counters
########

**Fighting-types**: Faster Fighting-types such as Hitmonlee, Cobalion, (comma) and Emboar can outspeed and easily beat Kecleon with a STAB attack, though the former one dislikes to take taking a hit, and they all have to play around Protean because of Shadow Sneak granting an immunity to their Fighting-type STAB attacks.

**Physical attackers**: Physical attackers such as Pangoro and Tyrantrum are capable of beating Kecleon relatively easily with one of their STAB attacks, without risking Protean making their attack resisted (sorry, dumb question probably, but why don't they risk this? because they're faster?).

**Physical walls**: Physically defensive walls such as Alomomola, Rhyperior, (comma) and Cofagrigus have no trouble taking Kecleon's hits and can beat it, or outstall it. Rhyperior cannot take repeated Drain Punches after Knock Off, however. The latter Cofagrigus is also capable of removing Kecleon's ability if it Kecleon makes contact, but it has to watch out for Knock Off, as well as Rhyperior cannot take repeated Drain Punches after Knock Off.

**Burn**: Burning Kecleon will halve its Attack, meaning it can't hit anything as effective as it can without burn at all, leaving a it weak Kecleon. Examples of burn-inducers Pokemon that can inflict burns include Cofagrigus and Spiritomb.

**Toxic**: Toxic damage limits Kecleon's longevity, as it has no reliable recovery to heal it up a bit. Common users of Toxic include Alomomola, Bronzong, and Registeel. Furthermore, Toxic Spikes users such as Drapion, Dragalge, and Omastar, (remove comma) can also poison Kecleon and wear it down.

Last edited:
GP 1/2

edit: sorry Lucina, I didn't see your edit until just now :(

Overview
########

Kecleon has been gifted with access Drain Punch and Knock Off to use along with Protean since the release of ORAS, which made Kecleon way better. Most importantly, Kecleon has a great ability in Protean, (comma) which allows it to change type depending on the type of the move it uses. Since the release of ORAS, Kecleon is able to use Drain Punch and Knock Off together with Protean, greatly increasing its (viability/effectiveness/something). As a second, Kecleon has a good Attack stat. Furthermore, it also has as well as a good Special Defense stat which contributes to its Kecleon's longevity. Kecleon also has a wide movepool with a lot of different move options to profit from. However, although it has a niche in having Protean, Kecleon faces competition from physical attackers such as Pangoro and Escavalier, (comma) as they have a better Attack stat, but Kecleon's niche lies in it having access to Protean. It also has a low HP stat and Defense stats, which let down its good Special Defense, and it. Lastly, Kecleon is very slow for an offensive Pokemon attacker (offensive attacker seems kind of redundant).

Assault Vest
########

Moves
========

Knock Off is a good utility move which is boosted by Protean and also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Drain Punch is another powerful attack and that provides a bit of recovery for Kecleon, (comma) which is useful if Kecleon is getting at low health. Sucker Punch is a priority attack that helps to pick off weakened Pokemon. Rock Slide is a usable option in the last moveslot to OHKO Moltres and also has great overall coverage. Ice Punch is also an option to use in the fourth moveslot; it, too, has great coverage, and in particular it that can be used in order to OHKO Mega Sceptile and also do a lot of damage to Gligar, and Ice Punch has great coverage on the overall too. Power-Up Punch is a final option to use in a slot for boosting boost Kecleon's Attack, letting it hit harder in the following turns.

Set Details
========

Protean allows Kecleon to change typing to match its move's typing, meaning that every move Kecleon uses is boosted by STAB. Assault Vest gives a boost to Kecleon's Special Defense and allows it to tank even more special hits, but it prevents Kecleon from using status moves. The HP investment in HP gives a boost to boosts Kecleon's overall bulk, while the Attack EVs and Adamant nature ensure Kecleon hits as hard as possible and its Attack is even boosted further by an Adamant nature. The Speed EVs ensure Kecleon outruns Pokemon such as Registeel, Doublade, Druddigon, (comma) and Dragalge, and can proceed with hitting them with a super effective move (unnecessary imo but you can keep this is you feel it's important).

Usage Tips
========

Use Knock Off if you cannot predict what the opponent is going to gonna do; it's generally a safe move, (comma) as most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed. Use Sucker Punch to pick off weakened foes opponents, as it will most likely KO them because of its a good Base Power of 80. Kecleon can be switched into special attackers, but not repeatedly, as this set has no reliable recovery it can get health back from (redundant with 'recovery' imo). Switch out of physical wallbreakers such as Choice Band Pangoro and Choice Band Tyrantrum; Kecleon has a lot of trouble taking their attacks and cannot do much back to them.

Team Options
========

Psychic- and Flying-types that stop Fighting-type Pokemon, such as Cresselia, Gligar, and Moltres, and Cresselia, (switched the order to match Psychic and Flying) make for good partners, as Kecleon can't stand up to those Pokemon. Physical walls such as Rhyperior, the aforementioned Cresselia, and Alomomola are good teammates too, (comma) as they can take care of the physical wallbreakers which that threaten Kecleon. Special wallbreakers such as Mega Sceptile, Dragalge, and or Moltres make for good teammates too, as they can beat the physical walls that hinder Kecleon. Cleric support from Pokemon such as Aromatisse is useful, (comma) as Kecleon hates being burned, as it will do way less damage, leaving it weak (unnecessary imo?). Kecleon also appreciates Thunder Wave support from Pokemon such as Registeel and Slowking, (comma) as it helps Kecleon to move first despite its most likely, which it mostly cannot as it has very low Speed. Wish support from Pokemon such as Aromatisse and Alomomola is appreciated, as this set lacks Recover. Entry hazard support, such as with moves such as Stealth Rock from Pokemon such as Registeel, Rhyperior, and or Bronzong and is appreciated too as well as Toxic Spikes support from Pokemon such as Drapion, (comma) as it will help Kecleon to have an easier time KOing foes opponents.
(just one blank line)

Other Options
########

Life Orb is an item that can be used on Kecleon, but that means it loses out on bulk, (comma) which it can't really afford. Recover is an option to extend Kecleon's longevity, but this means it Kecleon misses out on one of its coverage attacks, which it cannot afford. It also cannot use this Recover along with Assault Vest. Toxic is a move to sets a timer to on the longevity of opposing offensive Pokemon, while Thunder Wave slows down foes for teammates to beat afterwards, but both force Kecleon to give up a coverage attack as well as Assault Vest also means that Kecleon has to miss out on a coverage attacks and isn't worth it because of that, as well as it cannot run Assault Vest with this attack. Thunder Wave can also be used for the reason of Toxic, and allows teammates to beat the opposing Pokemon after, but Kecleon cannot afford to lose a coverage attack. Furthermore, it cannot run Assault Vest along with this option. Kecleon has access to Stealth Rock is a hazard-forme Kecleon has access to, but it is better set up by Pokemon such as Rhyperior or Gligar because of their better bulk, (comma) and in Gligar's case, Speed, in the latter's case, and this also and running Stealth Rock means that Kecleon cannot run Assault Vest. Aqua Tail is another option to hit Rhyperior and Gligar for better damage, but it lacks real power and Kecleon can't break through those Pokemon anyway. Fire Punch can also be used for hitting to hit Ferroseed harder better, but this is its only notable target, as other eventual targets are hit by Ice Punch anyway. Shadow Sneak can be used for another priority attack and grants allows Kecleon a temporary immunity to take no damage from Fighting-type attacks thanks to Protean, but it lacks real power. Return has good Base Power and hits most types for neutral coverage, but it does not have any super effective coverage and therefore isn't worth it. A specially defensive set can be used, but isn't worth it because it makes Kecleon setup bait for foes opponents, especially for those with Substitute. This also keeps it from running Assault Vest.
(just one blank line)

Checks & Counters
########

**Fighting-types**: Faster Fighting-types such as Hitmonlee, Cobalion, (comma) and Emboar can outspeed and easily beat Kecleon with a STAB attack, though the former one dislikes to take taking a hit, and they all have to play around Protean because of Shadow Sneak granting an immunity to their Fighting-type STAB attacks.

**Physical attackers**: Physical attackers such as Pangoro and Tyrantrum are capable of beating Kecleon relatively easily with one of their STAB attacks, without risking Protean making their attack resisted (sorry, dumb question probably, but why don't they risk this? because they're faster?).

**Physical walls**: Physically defensive walls such as Alomomola, Rhyperior, (comma) and Cofagrigus have no trouble taking Kecleon's hits and can beat it, or outstall it. Rhyperior cannot take repeated Drain Punches after Knock Off, however. The latter Cofagrigus is also capable of removing Kecleon's ability if it Kecleon makes contact, but it has to watch out for Knock Off, as well as Rhyperior cannot take repeated Drain Punches after Knock Off.

**Burn**: Burning Kecleon will halve its Attack, meaning it can't hit anything as effective as it can without burn at all, leaving a it weak Kecleon. Examples of burn-inducers Pokemon that can inflict burns include Cofagrigus and Spiritomb.

Alright cool, thanks, this is implemented! Btw, P Squared, yeah, just because they're faster.

Ready for the second check!

tehy

Banned deucer.
no Antemortem god damn it

fuck it here

get chekt

read my comments and i got rid of fluff

checks and counters is such a mess. Not one fairy? Rhyp and cofag are real bad examples of physical walls, one being more of a pivot and the other being more kinda shitty. Isn't Pangoro a faster fighting-type? need i go on?

Comments:

I don't like saying 'allows' about Protean because it implies some sort of agency. Kecleon WILL change type, even if you don't want it to at the moment, even if it costs you the game, come hell or high water it WILL change type.

Overview: The 'release of ORAS sentence' was incomplete and tbh totally unnecessary. I just added in that its wide movepool includes Drain Punch and Knock Off;for those who didn't know about the legality this tells them, and since those are also its two first moves in the set, it's a fair thing to mention anyhow.

Moves: All kecleon's moves are 'boosted by protean', not just Knock off, so it's a meaningless mention. Also, Drain Punch healing is always helpful, not just at low health.

Usage Tips: You can't take their attacks at all. Just in general, moves of that level of power are OHKOing Kecleon; Pangoro takes it out twice over, so it doesn't need the super effectiveness.

Team Options: Kecleon isn't 'very' slow, that's like slowking and reuniclus level. And yes i get this is subjective but when I think very slow I don't think 'outspeeds stuff' at all. I guess this is a thin line but i ouldn't say very at all.

OO: Kecleon always 2hitkoes Rhyperior with aqua tail unless its actually using a water resist berry (which lolll) so that's not an accurate statement. Also, about Fire Punch: It also hits steels (doublade particularly) which ice punch can't touch, but Knock off and Drain Punch take care of those, so I just replaced that with "your other moves".

Overview
########

Kecleon has a great ability in Protean, which allows causes it to change type depending on to the type of the move it uses. Since the release of ORAS, Kecleon is able to use Drain Punch and Knock Off together with Protean, greatly increasing its. Kecleon has a good Attack stat as well as a good Special Defense stat which contributes to its longevity. Kecleon also has a wide movepool with a lot of different move options to profit from,(ac) including Drain Punch and Knock Off. However, although it has a niche in having Protean, Kecleon faces competition from physical attackers such as Pangoro and Escavalier, as they have a better Attack stats. It also has low HP and Defense stats, which let down its good Special Defense, and it is very slow for an offensive Pokemon.

Assault Vest
########

Moves
========

Knock Off is boosted by Protean strong and also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Drain Punch is another powerful attack and provides a bit of recovery for Kecleon,(rc) which is useful if Kecleon is at low health. Sucker Punch is a priority attack that helps to pick off weakened Pokemon. Rock Slide is a usable option in the last moveslot to OHKOes Moltres and also has great overall coverage.,(period to comma) while Ice Punch is also an option to use in the fourth moveslot; it,(rc) too,(rc) has great coverage, and in particular it can be used in order to OHKO OHKOes Mega Sceptile,(ac) and also do does a lot of damage to Gligar. Power-Up Punch is an a final option to boost Kecleon's Attack, letting it hit harder in the following turns.

Set Details
========

Protean causes allows Kecleon to change typing to match its move's typing, meaning that every move Kecleon uses is boosted by STAB. Assault Vest gives a boost to Kecleon's Special Defense and allows it to tank even more special hits, but it prevents Kecleon from using status moves. The HP investment boosts Kecleon's overall bulk, while the Attack EVs and Adamant nature ensure Kecleon hits as hard as possible. The and the Speed EVs ensure Kecleon outruns Pokemon such as Registeel, Doublade, Druddigon, and Dragalge.

Usage Tips
========

Use Knock Off if you cannot predict what the opponent is going to do; it's generally a safe move, as most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed. Use Sucker Punch to pick off weakened foes, as it will most likely KO them because of its good Base Power of 80. Kecleon can be switched into special attackers, but not repeatedly, as this set has no reliable recovery. Switch out of physical wallbreakers such as Choice Band Pangoro and Choice Band Tyrantrum;,(period to comma) as Kecleon has cannot take their attacks has a lot of trouble taking their attacks and cannot do much back to them.

Team Options
========

Psychic- and Flying-types that stop Fighting-type Pokemon, such as Cresselia, Gligar, and Moltres, make for good partners, as Kecleon can't stand up to those Pokemon. Physical walls such as Rhyperior, the aforementioned Cresselia, and Alomomola are good teammates too, as they can take care of the physical wallbreakers that threaten Kecleon. Special wallbreakers such as Mega Sceptile, Dragalge, and Moltres also make for good teammates too, as they can beat the physical walls that hinder Kecleon. Cleric support from Pokemon such as Aromatisse is useful, as Kecleon hates being burned. Kecleon also appreciates Thunder Wave support from Pokemon such as Registeel and Slowking, as it helps Kecleon move first despite its very fairly low Speed. Wish support from Pokemon such as Aromatisse and Alomomola is appreciated, as this set lacks Recover. Entry hazard support, such as Stealth Rock from Registeel, Rhyperior, or Bronzong and Toxic Spikes from Pokemon such as Drapion, will help Kecleon to have an easier time KOing foes.

Other Options
########

Life Orb can be used, but that means it Kecleon loses out on bulk, which it can't really afford. Recover is an option to extend Kecleon's longevity, but this means Kecleon misses out on one of its coverage attacks and,(rc) which it cannot afford. It also cannot use Recover along with Assault Vest,(ac) which it cannot afford. Toxic sets a timer on the longevity of opposing offensive Pokemon, while Thunder Wave slows down foes for teammates to beat afterwards, but both force Kecleon to give up a coverage attack as well as Assault Vest. Kecleon has access to Stealth Rock, but it is better set up by Pokemon such as Rhyperior or Gligar because of their better bulk, and in Gligar's case, Speed, and running Stealth Rock means that Kecleon cannot run Assault Vest. Aqua Tail is another option to hit Rhyperior and Gligar for better damage and still hit Gligar hard, but it lacks real power and Kecleon can't break through those Pokemon anyway. Fire Punch can be used to hit Ferroseed harder, but this is its only notable target, as other targets are hit hard by its other moves by Ice Punch by Ice Punch anyway. Shadow Sneak can be used for another priority attack and grants Kecleon a temporary immunity to Fighting-type attacks thanks to Protean, but it lacks real power. Return has good Base Power and hits most types for neutral coverage, but it does not have any super effective coverage and therefore isn't worth it. A specially defensive set can be used, but it makes Kecleon setup bait for foes, especially those with Substitute.,(period to comma) and cannot hold an This also keeps it from running Assault Vest.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fighting-types**: Faster Fighting-types such as Hitmonlee, Cobalion, and Emboar can outspeed and easily beat Kecleon with a STAB attack, though the former dislikes taking a hit,(rc) and they all have to play around Protean because of Shadow Sneak granting an immunity to their Fighting-type STAB attacks.

**Physical attackers**: Physical attackers such as Pangoro and Tyrantrum are capable of beating Kecleon relatively easily with one of their STAB attacks,(rc) without risking Protean making their attack resisted.

**Physical walls**: Physically defensive walls such as Alomomola, Rhyperior, and Cofagrigus have no trouble taking Kecleon's hits and can beat or outstall it. Rhyperior cannot take repeated Drain Punches after Knock Off, however. Cofagrigus is also capable of removing Kecleon's ability if Kecleon makes contact, but it has to watch out for Knock Off.

**Burn**: Burning Kecleon will halve its Attack, leaving it weak. Examples of Pokemon that can inflict burns include Cofagrigus and Spiritomb.

**Toxic**: Toxic damage limits Kecleon's longevity, as it has no reliable recovery. Common users of Toxic include Alomomola, Bronzong, and Registeel. Furthermore, Toxic Spikes users such as Drapion, Dragalge, and Omastar can also poison Kecleon and wear it down.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah actually I'm with tehy on this. I skimmed through c&c and only looked at the categories rather than the examples. Cofagrigus is mediocre as a physical wall I agree. Omastar doesn't run Toxic Spikes usually, and its not on its analysis anyway so remove that as a t.spikes setter, add Weezing if anything, and that can also be added to physical walls. Add Quagsire and Aromatisse to physical walls as well.

edit: add scald burns (from mola or quag) under the burn category.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
fuck sake tehy 9.9 please make sure there isn't a placeholder before you amcheck.

I did do Arikado's changes tho

add or lowercase / remove / comment

Overview
########

Kecleon has a great ability in Protean, which allows it to changes its type depending on the type of the move it uses. Since the release of ORAS, Kecleon is able to use Drain Punch and Knock Off together with Protean, greatly increasing its viability. Kecleon has a good Attack stat as well as a good and Special Defense stats, which contributes to its offensive presence and longevity. Kecleon also has a wide movepool with a lot of different usable (synonymous with viable, which has already been used) move options to profit from. However, although it has a niche in having Protean, Kecleon faces competition from physical attackers such as Pangoro and Escavalier, as they have a better Attack stat. It also has low HP and Defense stats, which let down its good Special Defense, and it is very slow for an offensive Pokemon.

Assault Vest
########

Moves
========

Knock Off is boosted by Protean strong and also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Drain Punch is another powerful attack and provides a bit of recovery for Kecleon, which is useful if Kecleon is at low health. Sucker Punch is a priority attack that helps to picks off weakened Pokemon. Rock Slide is a usable option in the last moveslot to OHKO Moltres and also has great overall coverage. Ice Punch is also an option to use can also be used in the fourth moveslot;(remove)(add comma), as it, too, has great coverage,(RC)(add); and in particular for example, it can be used in order to OHKOes Mega Sceptile and also do a lot of heavily damages to Gligar. Power-Up Punch is a final option to boost Kecleon's Attack, letting it hit harder in the following turns. (This isn't a slashed move so you should mention it in Other Options)

Set Details
========

Protean allows changes Kecleon's typing to change typing to match its move's typing, meaning that every move Kecleon uses is boosted by STAB. Assault Vest gives a boosts to Kecleon's Special Defense and allows it to tank even more special hits, but it prevents Kecleon from using status moves. The HP investment boosts Kecleon's overall bulk, while the Attack EVs and Adamant nature ensure Kecleon hits as hard as possible. The Speed EVs ensure Kecleon outruns Pokemon such as Registeel, Doublade, Druddigon, and Dragalge.

Usage Tips
========

Use Knock Off if you cannot predict what the opponent is going to do; it's generally a safe move, as most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed. Use Sucker Punch should be used to pick off weakened foes, as it will most likely KO them because of thanks to its good adequate 80 Base Power of 80. Kecleon can be switched into special attackers, but not repeatedly, as this set has no reliable recovery. Switch out of physical wallbreakers such as Choice Band Pangoro and Choice Band Tyrantrum; Kecleon has a lot of trouble taking their attacks and cannot do much back to them in return.

Team Options
========

Psychic- and Flying-types that stop Fighting-type Pokemon, such as Cresselia, Gligar, and Moltres such as Cresselia, Gligar, and Moltres make for good partners, as Kecleon can't stand up to those Pokemon Fighting-types. Physical walls such as Rhyperior, the aforementioned Cresselia, and Alomomola are also good teammates,(AC) too as they can take care of the physical wallbreakers that threaten Kecleon. Special wallbreakers such as Mega Sceptile, Dragalge, and Moltres make for are good teammates too, as they can beat the physical walls that hinder Kecleon. Cleric support from Pokemon such as Aromatisse is useful, as Kecleon hates being burned. Kecleon also appreciates Thunder Wave support from Pokemon such as Registeel and Slowking, as it helps Kecleon move first despite its very low Speed. Wish support from Pokemon such as Aromatisse and Alomomola is appreciated, as this set lacks recovery options. Entry hazard support, such as Stealth Rock from Registeel, Rhyperior, or Bronzong and Toxic Spikes from Pokemon such as Drapion, will help Kecleon to have an easier time KOing more easily KO foes.

Other Options
########

Life Orb can be used, but that means it loses out on bulk, which it can't really afford Kecleon can't afford the wasted bulk. Recover is an option to extends Kecleon's longevity, but this means Kecleon then misses out on one of its coverage attacks, which it cannot afford. It also cannot use Recover along with Assault Vest. Toxic sets a timer on the longevity of opposing offensive Pokemon, while Thunder Wave slows down foes for teammates to beat afterwards, but both force Kecleon to give up a coverage attack as well as Assault Vest. Kecleon has access to Stealth Rock, but it is better set up by Pokemon such as Rhyperior or Gligar because of their better bulk, and in Gligar's case, Speed, and running Stealth Rock means that Kecleon cannot run Assault Vest. Aqua Tail is another option to hit Rhyperior and Gligar for better damage for decent damage, but it lacks real power and Kecleon can't break through those Pokemon anyway. Fire Punch can be used to hit Ferroseed harder, but this is its only notable target, as other targets are hit by Ice Punch anyway. Shadow Sneak can be used for is another priority attack and grants Kecleon a temporary immunity to Fighting-type attacks thanks to Protean, but it lacks real power. Return has good Base Power and hits most types for neutral coverage, but it does not have any super effective coverage and therefore isn't worth it. A specially defensive set can be used, but it makes Kecleon setup bait for foes, especially those with Substitute.(RP)(AC), and unable to run This also keeps it from running Assault Vest.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fighting-types**: Faster Fighting-types such as Hitmonlee, Cobalion, and Emboar can outspeed and easily beat Kecleon with a STAB attack, though the former dislikes taking a hit, and they all have to play around Protean because of due to the immunity conferred by Shadow Sneak granting an immunity to their Fighting-type STAB attacks.

**Physical attackers**: Physical attackers such as Pangoro and Tyrantrum are capable of beating Kecleon relatively easily with one of their STAB attacks, without risking Protean making their attack resisted.

**Physical walls**: Physically defensive walls such as Alomomola, Weezing, and Rhyperior, and Cofagrigus have no trouble taking Kecleon's hits and can beat or outstall it. Rhyperior cannot take repeated Drain Punches after Knock Off, however. Cofagrigus is also capable of removing Kecleon's ability if Kecleon makes contact, but it has to watch out for Knock Off.

**Burn**: Burning Kecleon will halve its Attack leaving it weak. Examples of Pokemon that can inflict burns include Cofagrigus and Spiritomb, as well Scald users such as Quagsire and Alomomola.

**Toxic**: Toxic damage limits Kecleon's longevity, as it has no reliable recovery. Common users of Toxic include Alomomola, Bronzong, and Registeel. Furthermore, Toxic Spikes users such as Drapion, Weezing and Dragalge, and Omastar can also poison Kecleon and wear it down.

GP 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)