SM UU Kevin

[14:35] +ACakeWearingAHat: have you tried just like a people name
[14:35] +ACakeWearingAHat: like jeff or kevin

Hi. I'm Nightingales. This is my team. The first decent offense I made in a long time, let alone one that doesn't turn into a heaping pile of shit. Most of the team was more or less an accident, but that's cool because I still like the team anyways and it reminds me of how I used to play in ORAS.

Basically it goes Krook smash, dual CMers break some walls, Coba and Crobat weaken some things, then Celebi cleans up. Easy.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Ah, Krookodile, how you've changed. The Band set has fallen out of favor with Latias in the tier, but even still it doesn't make it any less dangerous, able to pick up surprise OHKO's and boasting much stronger STABs than it has any right to. Powerful enough to put some serious dents in walls, knocking off items, and an overall great mon that not much can reliably switch into. I decided to use it because of some good ol' nostalgia from the days of ORAS, where I paired it with Celebi sometimes to make things work. Puts in some good work, not much to say about it.

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Celebi has a long and distinguished history on my teams as being rarely used. Before, I had things like Sceptile and Shaymin to fill the role of a grass type, but this was a time without Celebi legal in the tier. Now, I take the magic onion to full effect and let it blow through the typical balance teams that you find with the Nasty Plot set. But instead of the suggested Lefties, I like to lure some things like Krookodile and Sharpedo and run Colbur instead, easily living any of their stabs and doing large amounts of damage in return.

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
Speed control, hazards, ground resist, thing to grab momentum, you name it. There's rarely a match where Crobat doesn't do work, either in engaging and eliminating a faster threat like Gengar or just providing a smacking around with a Sky Plate-Boosted Brave Bird. This is also my source of hazard removal, so that things Webs offense doesn't just roll over me and that hazard stack doesn't just get super annoying, which it does. Frequently.

Keldeo @ Normalium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hyper Beam
Z-Hyper Beam CM Keldeo is actually a really cool set. It just provides such a nuke to things that would otherwise resist STAB, which is always appreciated, but CM Keld in general is actually pretty good in the first place. It helps to beat back things like Empoleon which, for some reason, always think they're safe from a +1 Sacred Sword.

They're not.

Cobalion @ Leftovers / Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
Cobalion is my one true universal Dark Check. Aside from rare cases where it switches in on something like a band Krookodile Superpower, this beats almost every dark out there while still providing a decent fairy check at the same time. I tend to think about getting Rocks up after checking whatever I need to check, but so far I'm very rarely let down by the goat musketeer.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
Now, there's a lot of Z-Draco Latias going around. I don't run that set, mostly because I have Z-Beam Keldeo. But Latias is still a Wincon in her own right, boasting relatively powerful stabs that can do a lot of damage behind a CM or two which is often easy to do. She's also a bulkier ground immunity than Crobat, but sadly with Raikou around she seems to give it a lot of free turns so she's looking at being replaced a bit.

I've been playing with this team for a few months now, and I feel like I've made it better than it was before, but there's always benchmarks to play with and different things to check. For example, if I see Magnet Rise Klefki, I pretty much have no choice but to click X against any competent player because I have no way to hit that annoying thing.

Still, I like the team, so it's time to see how I can make it better, so go nuts world.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hyper Beam

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Last edited:

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

I would also probably like using Empoleon > Keldeo, as this allows you to retain a check to non-superpower Scizor, and gain a pivot in to Latias which is pretty valuable. It also gives you an additional check to Clefable which is very nice. I'd recommend running a Shuca Berry Defog set with Flash Cannon so that you can pressure Clefable and shit. Shuca Berry also helps you lure Scarf Krookodile which gives both Latias and Celebi an easier time during the course of the game. the set would probably go like defog / flash cannon / scald or hydro pump / ice beam or roar.

lastly I would recommend the use of Aerodactyl over Crobat, with a set of Stone Edge / Aqua Tail / Wing Attack to start with as this will help you pressure Ground-types that could cause some hassle. and as far as the last slot goes you could probably try a bunch of different things like Taunt, which will help pressure hippos that try to whirlwind or clefs that try to twave, or roost which gives you more longevity to check gliscor a bit better. even stealth rock is a possibility which then frees up a slot on cobalion and that could allow you to run magnet rise so u can beat gliscor could be a cool option. earthquake is also an option which allows you to hit raikou / bisharp and ohko them after a bit of chip.personally i would lean towards taunt / eq.

In any case I'd recommend giving Cobalion the Steel Z Crystal as without it, Cobalion is unable to even do 50% to a Clefable prior to a boost so I'd definitely give this some strong consideration.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)